PDA

View Full Version : 2013 phins draft

utahphinsfan
09-15-2012, 04:22 PM
round 1 Keenan Allen WR CAl
round 2 Dion Jordan DE Oregon

Buddy
09-15-2012, 04:53 PM
I would love to have Bjorn Woerner if he comes out this year...he would be a beast opposite Wake!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Austin Tatious
09-15-2012, 05:14 PM
I think Robert Woods is getting nit-picked to death because he is so high-profile. I like him a ton.

Werner is fantastic. But WR is an even bigger need.

Miami has so many needs that its just pathetic. WR, CR, Pass rusher, S and probably a couple of each. And speed, speed, speed and playmaker playmaker city.

SF Dolphin Fan
09-16-2012, 11:55 AM
I would love to see Miami get Allen and then trade back up and get Werner if he drops out of top 15. Or they could draft Mingo and trade back in and get Hunter or the tight end from Notre Dame.

uk_dolfan
09-16-2012, 11:02 PM
I really like the WR at Texas A&M Ryan Swope, Tannehill already knows his game as well which is a plus, but apparently he is too similar to Bess.

Fin_Frenzy_84
09-17-2012, 12:59 AM
We will sign a receiver in FA so I don't see us using our first on a Wide Reciever... I believe we sign Jennings

Then Draft-
1st-David Amerson CB North Carolina State
2nd-Corey Lemonier OLB Auburn
2nd-Marquess Wilson WR Washington State or Cordarrelle Paterson WR Tennessee

Fin Harry
09-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Can't be a receiver in Rd. 1 unless we trade down. WalterFootball has the Fins getting the 2nd pick, (http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php) so Jarvis Jones pass-rush monster!

datruth55
09-25-2012, 02:45 PM
We will sign a receiver in FA so I don't see us using our first on a Wide Reciever... I believe we sign Jennings

Then Draft-
1st-David Amerson CB North Carolina State
2nd-Corey Lemonier OLB Auburn
2nd-Marquess Wilson WR Washington State or Cordarrelle Paterson WR Tennessee
You need to go watch the Tennessee/NCST game. Amerson was horrible in that game, showed no balls skills and was late flipping his hips all game, late to react...he basically cost himself a lot of money. I wouldn't take him...he is way overrated.

Lemonier I like a lot. Patterson is a junior so there's no guarantee he comes out plus he's a JR College transfer so he may want to play one more season to up his stock...impressive kid though.

I haven't watched Marquess Wilson yet. Got a DVR of one of his games and I'll get around to it eventually.

ckparrothead
09-25-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm just looking at what is realistic and I think if you were to get a Bjoern Werner, Stedman Bailey, Terry Hawthorne, Shamarko Thomas and Cornellius Carridine in the top three rounds, with Greg Jennings as a mid-level free agent...I think you're working on something pretty good.

ROADRUNNER
09-25-2012, 03:01 PM
CK you need to put in what positions they play were not all guru like you..............:up:

dade
09-25-2012, 04:09 PM
There all pass rushers, dion jordon would be a stud dude, but truth be told, hunter will be the better WR at the end of the day way higher ceiling

ckparrothead
09-25-2012, 04:54 PM
CK you need to put in what positions they play were not all guru like you..............:up:

LOL.

DE Bjoern Werner (FSU), WR Stedman Bailey (WVU), CB Terry Hawthorne (Illinois), FS Shamarko Thomas (Syracuse), DE Cornellius Carridine (FSU).

The multiple DE approach might not be realistic but I would keep an open mind based on the following:

1. The DE class in this year's Draft is THE banner position
2. You never want to run out of fresh bullets to fire at the QB in terms of pass rush

TedSlimmJr
09-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Terry Hawthorne has been the best Senior CB prospect in the B1G for over a year and a half in my opinion... and I watched Quinton Patton absolutely destroy Hawthorne last weekend. Patton is the kid that's underrated at the WR position.

Fin Thirteen
09-26-2012, 07:55 AM
Xavier Rhodes for CB?

LSU's Eric Reid for SS is an interesting guy for top of the 2nd Round maybe. A bit of a wild animal out there, from what I've seen, prone to get out of position trying to make the big play, but he's a very aggressive instinctual safety.

madridfinfan
09-26-2012, 08:25 AM
Should we be targeting strictly DE pass rushers or should we entertain OLBs as well. Which college prospects would translate Best to DE and which to OLB in our 4-3 system?

Could O. Vernons or Shelbys game be molded to OLB?

madridfinfan
09-26-2012, 09:37 AM
I'm right with you CK. If we can get a WR via FA,
I'd go:
1-DE
2-WR
2-CB
3-FS
3-OLB/ILB

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

And what to do about the TE position?
Clay has dropped off the face of the earth, Egnew is totally inept.

What TEs will be available in FA?

datruth55
09-26-2012, 03:52 PM
Should we be targeting strictly DE pass rushers or should we entertain OLBs as well. Which college prospects would translate Best to DE and which to OLB in our 4-3 system?

Could O. Vernons or Shelbys game be molded to OLB?
Vernon and Shelby are not OLBs in the 4-3...you can maybe get away with it in the 3-4 but not in the 4-3.

Considering our OLBs (Burnett and Misi) have done nothing from a pass rush stand point I think it would be a good idea to look at OLB for the draft, if for nothing else than depth which we don't have at the position anyway.

madridfinfan
09-26-2012, 04:35 PM
I agree. Our depth at all LB spotsis atrocious, and thats being generous.So if we find a pass rushing 4-3 DE in round 1, we can push Odrick to DT where he is better suited. He'd be great depth, but could be a very good starter. The dilemma come up with what do we do with Starks. Do we keep him and have one of the the top 3 DLs in football, or let him sign elsewhere and use that money on a position of need?

datruth55
09-26-2012, 04:47 PM
I agree. Our depth at all LB spotsis atrocious, and thats being generous.So if we find a pass rushing 4-3 DE in round 1, we can push Odrick to DT where he is better suited. He'd be great depth, but could be a very good starter. The dilemma come up with what do we do with Starks. Do we keep him and have one of the the top 3 DLs in football, or let him sign elsewhere and use that money on a position of need?
I'd rather keep Starks...D-line has been outstanding against the run and Starks has provided some inside pass rush. I'd love a rotation of Soliai, Starks, Odrick and Randell at the DT spot. That would be stellar and there would be no need to address the DT spot in the draft for at least two or three years IMO (provided we re-sign Starks in 2013 and Soliai in 2014). I don't like the rotation of Wake, Vernon, Shelby and whatever rookie at DE...a rare thing when a rookie DE has major production...usually takes a year or two like it did for Jason Taylor.

madridfinfan
09-26-2012, 05:54 PM
So were basically humped if our hopes
Are to get some QB pressure out of a DE outside of anyone named wake. FA list doesn't look so hot next year. So that would put even more importance in drafting an OLB rusher early, in top 3 rounds.

Man I wanted BRuce Irvin in this last draft .
Did you see him manhandle Baluga the other night?!

datruth55
09-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Are to get some QB pressure out of a DE outside of anyone named wake. FA list doesn't look so hot next year. So that would put even more importance in drafting an OLB rusher early, in top 3 rounds.

Did you see him manhandle Baluga the other night?!
Should have been flagged for illegal hands to the face on one of his sacks but he's definitely showing the pass rushing skills that got him drafted high. I was surprised he went that high in the draft to be honest.

madridfinfan
09-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Me too. I was thinking or hopo gana he would last til the 5th.

What are Your thoughts On jarvis jones/OLB as a prospect and potential target next year?

madridfinfan
09-27-2012, 10:33 AM
If our Front office weren't such retards neglecting the WR and TE positions, I'd have been pumped to go D top 5 picks next draft:
OLB, CB, FS, DE, ILB in first 3 rounds.

Unfortunately the reality is we have no speed or playmakers on O and need a #1 and 2 WR and starting TE. Rest of O should suffice (with mid round OL depth).

datruth55
09-27-2012, 10:49 AM
I haven't keyed on Jarvis Jones yet...got one of his games DVR'd but initially I would say he's got a heck of a burst, natural pass rushing skills, plays with good leverage, strong hands too. I need to see how he looks in pass coverage but I think he may be the top OLB in this draft right now.

It would have been nice to get a WR in this draft but 3 games into the season the only ones that have caught a pass in every game are Kendall Wright and Alshon Jeffery...and I'm not convinced Alshon Jeffery won't balloon up after this season...I just don't trust that kid. The WR class, as a whole, is a bit disappointing this year. Everyone was up in arms about Stephen Hill who in the first game had 5 catches for 89 yards and 2 TDs...he's been blanked the last two week...didn't even have a catch against us...actually had a drop. His route running is awful and his hands are pretty bad. Rueben Randell has 1 catch for 4 yards, Justin Blackmon who was supposed to be a stud and really the only target for Jacksonville has 4 catches for 31 yards. That's not to say that these guys won't bust out next year after a year of experience but I'm not sure how much help Tannehill would have gotten from this group this year.

madridfinfan
09-27-2012, 02:21 PM
I was hoping for Mohammed Sanu in the last draft. Any idea how hes done the first 2 games?

datruth55
09-27-2012, 03:02 PM
I was hoping for Mohammed Sanu in the last draft. Any idea how hes done the first 2 games?
He threw a 73 yard TD to A.J. Green but hasn't caught a pass yet.

SF Dolphin Fan
09-30-2012, 10:29 AM

Did you see him manhandle Baluga the other night?!That Seattle defense may be the best in football. They have pressure players everywhere. You rarely see pass rushers in free agency, unless it might be a vet with a year left. We have to draft pass rushers. I like CK"s idea, but I'd do it a little differently. Take Bjoern Werner in Round 1, trade back up and get Chase Thomas Round 1 (trade a 2 and 3), Stedman Bailey or best wr in Round 2. Then concentrate on getting the best players at positions of need another wr, safety, corner, backup qb, maybe another running back to challenge D. Thomas.

MiamiDolphin618
09-30-2012, 12:52 PM
If we could get a Greg Jennings type impact FA especially at WR or CB, and resign our own main cogs...My ideal draft at this point would go something like
1. Werner/Mingo DE
2. Sean Porter OLB
2. Steadman Bailey WR
3. Zach Ertz TE
3. Bacarri Rambo S

madridfinfan
10-01-2012, 04:49 AM
If we don't sign a starting FA CB, which I don't think we will, we need to CB early, round 3 at the latest. I know TE has a need, but think it can wait til round 4. Other than that your draft looks solid.