PDA

View Full Version : China/Japan ... and the US population is clueless.

phins_4_ever
09-17-2012, 02:32 PM
It is funny how this Iran crap is being build up yet a little further away a dispute is growing which could have a tremendous economic impact (considering that probably 90% of our crap comes from that region).

It is being reported all over the world yet US media outlets are pretty much quiet about this.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/china-japan-heading-towards-war-says-us-defence-secretary-leon-panetta/story-e6frg6so-1226475484583

http://rt.com/news/china-japan-war-panetta-290/

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/16/us-china-japan-idUSBRE88F00H20120916

There are multiple European sources but I stuck with the English language.

Dogbone34
09-17-2012, 09:12 PM
china should do letterman

Locke
09-17-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm a huge fan of everything Japan, whether it be food, culture, or the hilarious gameshows they have, but they'd be stupid to go to war with China. From a population standpoint alone, China could send in an army that could literally overrun the entire Island of Japan...

Dolphins9954
09-17-2012, 10:07 PM
3LnRwWdNjx8

Tetragrammaton
09-17-2012, 10:48 PM
The second and third largest economies in the world are not going to go to war, people.

Valandui
09-18-2012, 05:07 AM
I'm a huge fan of everything Japan, whether it be food, culture, or the hilarious gameshows they have, but they'd be stupid to go to war with China. From a population standpoint alone, China could send in an army that could literally overrun the entire Island of Japan...

Also, seeing as we built China's military and we are Japan's military, this doesn't bode well for the whole not over-extending ourselves thing.

LouPhinFan
09-18-2012, 10:02 AM
I was reading about this over the weekend. Its funny that on the face it's about a group of uninhabited islands that have been under Japanese control for over a century. Its like 2 children bickering over a toy that neither of them wants to play with. They just don't want the other one to have it.

Of course its really about the South China Sea and access to its fishing and commerce.

Which is the more disputed body of water? The South China Sea or the Strait of Hormuz?

Eshlemon
09-18-2012, 02:54 PM

Takeshi's Castile!

How they gonna get them there? By the time they stopped building their ghost towns for a steamship navy to get them there, desite deep reservations Japan will have nukes...and the theirs and allies outnumbered but still sizable drafted military defending islands. Its a non-winnable war for either side.

NY8123
09-18-2012, 03:10 PM

The US would not let this happen. We have the whole Seventh Fleet watching over the region just because of **** like this.

and by game shows you mean like this..................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5PS8zHBbxg

Locke
09-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Takeshi's Castile!

How they gonna get them there? By the time they stopped building their ghost towns for a steamship navy to get them there, desite deep reservations Japan will have nukes...and the theirs and allies outnumbered but still sizable drafted military defending islands. Its a non-winnable war for either side.

This is very true. Technologically, Japan towers over China. I don't think it'll escalate to War, but especially after the Tsunami, Japan just isn't in a good place to be buckling down for a conflict. Are they still not allowed to have a standing military? Or did that already expire...?

Valandui
09-18-2012, 03:52 PM
This is very true. Technologically, Japan towers over China. I don't think it'll escalate to War, but especially after the Tsunami, Japan just isn't in a good place to be buckling down for a conflict. Are they still not allowed to have a standing military? Or did that already expire...?

I think they do it voluntarily now.

Eshlemon
09-18-2012, 05:51 PM

Not big but Japans had a military even after WW2. Haven't left the island except the last few years when they started participating in the UN peacekeepers as they've had to keep them home focused on fighting the godzilas, mothras, etc.

Don't think will be war either. China will just wait until Mt Fuji blows and any other reverberations from 2011, then either just take them or more likely "buy" them with a bunch of foreign aid.

Locke
09-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Not big but Japans had a military even after WW2. Haven't left the island except the last few years when they started participating in the UN peacekeepers as they've had to keep them home focused on fighting the godzilas, mothras, etc.

Don't think will be war either. China will just wait until Mt Fuji blows and any other reverberations from 2011, then either just take them or more likely "buy" them with a bunch of foreign aid.

:lol:

Dolphins9954
09-18-2012, 06:15 PM
As long as Ninja Warrior doesn't get messed with I don't care.

phins_4_ever
09-18-2012, 08:44 PM

I hate that stuff. They messed my Godzilla totally up. I am a huge fan of the Showa Series growing up. When they came up with the Heisei Series I stopped watching. In the Showa Series Godzilla was a friend of mankind. Looking at it today its pretty cheesy but for back then it was amazing technology. :hclap:

The Millennium Series is crap.

If Godzilla would have remained like in the Showa Series the Japanese military would be freed to fight the Chinese. :lol:

LouPhinFan
09-18-2012, 09:44 PM

[pointing in the air] Godziraaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! [runs away]

cbreeden
09-19-2012, 11:46 AM

The Japan Defense Forces (or Japan Self-Defense Forces) are a standing military that has Army, Navy and Air Force units. I trained with them back in 2001 and 2002 in a bi-lateral, relation-building exercise called Yama Sakura. (I have no idea of the translation) They were highly trained, extremely disciplined and loyal to their country. I wouldn't want to have to invade their islands!

trojanma
09-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Guys these countries are not going to war. It is monumentally stupid. This is politically motivated saber rattling.
The Chinese government has used this move as a keen deflection for all the negative press that has been illuminating the ruling class. Scandals, Murders, an opulent ruling princeling class. Kind of like Arab dictators allow their people to burn effigies of US and Isreal

Now because of ever present anger towards the old bully Japan these "tolerated" protests have gone too far.

That doesn't change the fact that China wants these islands. I don't know how much of this is posturing and how much they really want it since I am not well read on the situation.

Still the countries are so interconnected economically that severing that will be extremely painful and cooler heads will prevail.