PDA

View Full Version : MERGEDX4: Vontae playing bad for Colts

Slim
09-18-2012, 03:59 PM
No longer Dolphins related, but i just had to share this.

So far quarterbacks have a perfect 158.3 rating throwing at #Colts (https://twitter.com/search/?q=%23Colts&src=hash), CB Vontae Davis. He's given up rec. on 10/11 tgts for 143 yards & 2 TDs.

PolitePolite
09-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Wow. Such a great stat LOL. Now we just need to draft someone useful with the 2nd round pick!

SebasMiamiFan
09-18-2012, 04:03 PM
And to think we could have had Hakeem Nicks who just had a 199 yard game with a TD, or Clay Matthews who had 3 1/2 sacks against Chicago.

Tunaphish429
09-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Oh but Jeff Ireland should have never traded him....

But I am sure he will be able to cover once the Colts get rid of Freeney and Mathis...

JOKE!!!!

foozool13
09-18-2012, 04:13 PM
WOW...just wow..that is terrible.

Tunaphish429
09-18-2012, 04:15 PM
WOW...just wow..that is terrible.

And its not like he has faced a ton of Elite Receievers..Marshall maybe..

But who does Minnesota have? Percy Harvin? Lmao

houtz
09-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Better question is, could grandmama put up 100 yards being covered by her half retarded grandson? I say yes.

SabanHater
09-18-2012, 04:20 PM
How the hell did we pass on Clay Mathews... :(

SebasMiamiFan
09-18-2012, 04:24 PM
How the hell did we pass on Clay Mathews... :(

Wake and Matthews :eat:

Fins1971
09-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Yeah, I documented the horrible 1st game he had vs the Bears. It must have continued this week.

Shipcity24
09-18-2012, 04:45 PM
And its not like he has faced a ton of Elite Receievers..Marshall maybe..

But who does Minnesota have? Percy Harvin? Lmao

So ur saying percy is easy to guard? Lmao

Phinatic8u
09-18-2012, 04:49 PM
:lol:

Gladsadmad
09-18-2012, 06:54 PM
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/9/18/3353992/colts-corner-vontae-davis-is-kind-of-playing-like-poop-right-now

number1fin
09-18-2012, 06:59 PM
OMG Jeff Ireland is a genius. . .

Smith21
09-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Hes a good player, needs to learn a new system... he should bounce back.

Still like Vontae and wish him the best (against every team not names the Dolphins).

Chisel Monkey
09-18-2012, 07:05 PM
He came to camp out of shape and unprepared. He has all the tools but lacks the fire to excell. I hope he wakes up, he seems like a good guy.

andyahs
09-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Vontae will be fine as he is new to the Colts. No need to get on the guy as we have all moved on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Vertical Limit
09-18-2012, 07:14 PM
Wonder how long till some douche fan brings up a joke about his grandma.

j-off-her-doll
09-18-2012, 07:18 PM

Pretty sure your sigpic hijacked the post.

Phin-Omenon
09-18-2012, 07:20 PM
I wish him well too, but it's worth looking at since we were flamed for making the trade. If he had 2 int's so far it would be front page news.

Locke
09-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Pretty sure your sigpic hijacked the post.

Seriously. She is gorgeous enough to be a Valandui girl...

NJPHINFAN79
09-18-2012, 07:34 PM

Is that chick in ur sig Emily from entourage?? Hot

Schleprock
09-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Wonder how long till some douche fan brings up a joke about his grandma.

Not long, but can I call my Grandma first?

Youbetcha
09-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Good trade for the Phins. I can't understand why some don't like this trade.

Valandui
09-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Seriously. She is gorgeous enough to be a Valandui girl...

Not going to lie. I had to try and figure out who the Hell that was the other day.

Kistner10
09-19-2012, 12:22 AM
Although our secondary hasn't been lighting it up, it sounds like we might have traded Vontae at the right time. According to the stats, Vontae has given up a perfect passing rating so far to QB's throwing at him. I know it's only 2 games into the season so we shouldn't be too quick to judge, but it seems like we might have traded him at the perfect time before his value took too big of a hit. An extra 2 and a 6 for someone struggling this much looks like a steal.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/9/18/3353992/colts-corner-vontae-davis-is-kind-of-playing-like-poop-right-now

DcRy82
09-19-2012, 01:01 AM
I was far from heartbroken when we traded him. We needed a corner when we drafted him, but I was pressing hard for Nicks and he'd look great in a phin uni right about now.

Spiff
09-19-2012, 02:03 AM
It's interesting to see that the team's approach in the 2009 draft somehow paid off: they drafted two corners in rounds 1 and 2 (Vontae Davis, Sean Smith) and then two wideouts in rounds 3 and 4 (Patrick Turner, Brian Hartline). One of each group is a starter on our team, one of them is gone.

I like the strategy but there are two things about this that I don't like: in both cases the 2nd player taken is our starter. Ideally, you want the higher picked players to become your star(ter)s. And the 2nd thing is that we wasted a 2nd round pick on Pat White. Still can't get over it...

CANDolphan
09-19-2012, 03:05 AM
Much like they drafted Philip Merling in the 2nd and Kendall Langford in the 4th.

What has happened each and every time they've done this? The lower round player has turned out to be the better pro (from an almost even degree as in Sean Smith to a VAST degree like Hartline and Patrick Turner). Strange.

dFinsRule
09-19-2012, 06:13 AM
Since he's a former Dolphins player I wish him the best, Its still early, but I hope he gets his act together.

rickd13
09-19-2012, 06:36 AM
Davis has all the talent in the world, but he is an out of shape numb skull. I don't know if he will ever get it, although he certainly has the physical gifts to be great. The trade made sense for the Dolphins and their new coaching staff.

Fin Thirteen
09-19-2012, 06:43 AM
Way to early to judge. I wouldn't be surprised if he still fully hasn't gotten over being traded. He's learning a new defense and, let's be honest, learning isn't a strong point of his.

In the medium/long-term, the trade could pay off for Davis and the Colts big-time, but the potential is always there for him to never really get to the next level. Right now, I'd say all the COlts fans are praying for is that he gets back to the level he was at already.

Romy148
09-19-2012, 07:07 AM
watch the niners pick him up and turn him and with that coaching staff and his brother being there turn Davis into one of their defensive monster behinds Carlos Rogers and those boys, at least he has the talent to be amazing but he is not all the way committed yet, does us no good.

Zounds
09-19-2012, 07:14 AM
Vontae plays like crap the first half of a season, then plays lights out during second half of the seaosn. Thats why Ireland did the wave in Vontae's exit interview. He's just wway too inconsistent. I dont doubt he can turn it around and play well this year, but next September will be the same thing.

dolfan2909
09-19-2012, 07:24 AM
Vontae got destroyed week 1 but cleaned it up rather nicely in week 2, I'd expect him to keep improving as the year goes on...still think the fins made the right move on this one though, go Ireland!

MarshallFin1
09-19-2012, 07:36 AM
watch the niners pick him up and turn him and with that coaching staff and his brother being there turn Davis into one of their defensive monster behinds Carlos Rogers and those boys, at least he has the talent to be amazing but he is not all the way committed yet, does us no good.

This.. Vontae needs a coach who is not going to accept what he is currently doing, coasting, doing just enough to keep a paycheck coming in. Harbaugh makes you earn them checks expect you to perform beyond your limit. IF vontae took his craft seriously he'd stay in great shape. As for philbin, i think philbin looks for players with a higher intellect than vontae. Ones who do there assignments correctly under pressure. Sean smith and marshall havent gotten any interceptions yet if i recall but they have contributed to many batted down passes and seem to play a soft zone when coyle calls it without gettin out of place. I saw sean smith against the raiders, i believe the call was zone and sean smith played it perfectly, i know carson palmer was looking for the WR in the endzone but smith completely took him out of the play by stayin in position. Instead the ball gets thrown to mcfadden which was dropped and possibly would have been out of bounds even if caught.

Like in preseason where you saw vontae pull receivers down to make INTs and slams steve smith to the ground for 15 yard penalty, that kind of stuff hurts your team and shows your identity. It not only did not impress philbin but it was the nail in coffin for philbin callin for the trade. High intellect players and husslers, philbins type and vontae didnt match that. He is talented when he wants to be but doesnt have the other stuff philbin expects from his players. Vontae was my favorite player and i hope he rebounds from this and becomes a great players for the colts still, but i support philbins decision. I think he asked ireland to make the trade behind closed doors and ireland put vontae on the trade block.

Tunaphish429
09-19-2012, 08:09 AM
So ur saying percy is easy to guard? Lmao

He is not Elite...and its not like he has an ALL pro Qb throwing to him...

If Vontate cant guard Percy Harvin...who can he guard?

Adam Strange
09-19-2012, 09:24 AM
Now Davis gets the Brandon Marshall treatment-- as soon as he's out the door, the knives come out and the guy's a worthless bum. Far be it from me to defend him because I just don't care, but knocking the guy now inevitably leads to the question of why he was drafted in the first round. Is he another Ireland bust? Daniel Thomas better pick up his game or he's going to be the next one to wind up on this carrousel.

Wildbill3
09-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Much like they drafted Philip Merling in the 2nd and Kendall Langford in the 4th.

What has happened each and every time they've done this? The lower round player has turned out to be the better pro (from an almost even degree as in Sean Smith to a VAST degree like Hartline and Patrick Turner). Strange.matthews and cunningham. I wouldn't think it possible with guys drafted in the 5th and 7th rounds, but maybe the higher draft pick isn't as hungry as a lower draft pick?

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Now Davis gets the Brandon Marshall treatment-- as soon as he's out the door, the knives come out and the guy's a worthless bum. Far be it from me to defend him because I just don't care, but knocking the guy now inevitably leads to the question of why he was drafted in the first round. Is he another Ireland bust? Daniel Thomas better pick up his game or he's going to be the next one to wind up on this carrousel.davis was rated as the second best CB that draft. He was drafted second. I don't blame ireland for his failures. He had tony's coaching staff coaching him. Now he has a colts staff trying to wake him up. what they need to do is get his grandma a bullhorn and a golf cart and let her motivate him.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

Way to early to judge. I wouldn't be surprised if he still fully hasn't gotten over being traded. He's learning a new defense and, let's be honest, learning isn't a strong point of his.

In the medium/long-term, the trade could pay off for Davis and the Colts big-time, but the potential is always there for him to never really get to the next level. Right now, I'd say all the COlts fans are praying for is that he gets back to the level he was at already.
excuses man. Plenty of players get traded, get mad and perform with a chip on thier shoulder. He has the talent, but yeah you're right with davis he's only going to be as good as he wants to be.

Atila
09-19-2012, 04:03 PM
So far quarterbacks have a perfect 158.3 rating throwing at #Colts, CB Vontae Davis. He's given up rec. on 10/11 tgts for 143 yards & 2 TDs.

Please excuse me if this has been posted already, but wow. Granted, we can expect some struggles with a new system and everything... but still.

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/vontae-davis-stats-dolphins-won-1817383/

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fantasy-roto-arcade/mostly-nfl-notes-week-2-recap-190213533--fantasy.html

travisg772
09-19-2012, 04:07 PM
I still love him... Hes a really good dude with a really good heart. I fell like the dolphins org did him dirty, at the same time played it on national TV.

2413fanphins
09-19-2012, 04:21 PM
WasWa

randomname
09-19-2012, 04:24 PM
I still love him... Hes a really good dude with a really good heart. I fell like the dolphins org did him dirty, at the same time played it on national TV.

I disagree...

Didn't care for the trade but maybe this one won't come back to bite us in the ass.

Oh who am I kidding, we're the Dolphins, of course it will.

Spesh
09-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Miami signs a player a week before the season begins and he struggles: totally understandable because hes learning the playbook.

Indy trades for a player a week before the season begins and he struggles: best trade in the history of the league and we completely ripped them off.

tcdrover
09-19-2012, 04:28 PM
He's probably spent too much time, you know...

reading books....

books about stuff...

written by, you know...

authors...:err:

RedRoth
09-19-2012, 04:30 PM
vs who? brandon marshall and percy harvin?? lol give the guy a break, im sure he will make some plays soon

Canadianfishfan
09-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Kid sure is having a tough month!

finfan54
09-19-2012, 04:34 PM
better call his grandma

Valbon8
09-19-2012, 04:35 PM
vs who? brandon marshall and reggie wayne?? lol give the guy a break, im sure he will make some plays soon

too bad reggie and vontae are on the same team...........

Dominate
09-19-2012, 05:26 PM
I had a love / hate relationship with Vontae. Loved him one play, hated him the next. Had all the physical tools, just not mature or motivated enough to take his game to the next level. I don't wish him any ill will at all, except for when we play Indy.

After watching him get traded on Hard Knocks (and yes I did feel a little sorry for him), he just seems like a lost soul. He looked so devastated and blind sided, that it is not surprising to me that he hasn't found his comfort zone in Indy yet. I think we would all agree that Vontae the CB is much better than the numbers from the past 2 games suggest. Although, I do have to wonder if Vontae is mentally tough enough to get over the hurdles (brother arrested for murder, the trade) he is facing.

thevza
09-23-2012, 01:48 AM
Hope the best for Vontae. Fun player to watch.

Fish Head
09-23-2012, 09:48 AM
Great trade for us. Vontae is a decent player, but lacks the height to cover the 6'5" hybrid receivers/tight ends. Sean Smith is 6'3" and had a great training camp. hope to see him get more picks this year.

kvaughn
09-23-2012, 11:05 PM
nothing new

Bumpus
09-25-2012, 12:33 AM
Meh ... He's not on my team anymore. Screw him. :lol: