PDA

View Full Version : Bleacher Report Mock Has Dolphins Taking Jarvis Jones

SF Dolphin Fan
09-22-2012, 11:53 AM
I would love that pick, but I'm not sure Miami will pick high enough to get Jarvis Jones. I think he will go top 5. But if the Dolphins were able to get him and then trade back up for a receiver, say Justin Hunter or Robert Woods, that would be an excellent start to the draft.

Mudder1310
09-22-2012, 11:30 PM
Jarvis Jones is an absolute one man wrecking crew. He is tearing up teams and is dinged up.

greasyObnoxious
09-23-2012, 10:03 AM
hm, not sure he's a good fit for a 4-3. great potential, but a rush LB in my book

SF Dolphin Fan
09-23-2012, 09:37 PM
hm, not sure he's a good fit for a 4-3. great potential, but a rush LB in my bookThat is a question. Georgia does use him in a variety of ways, though, as a DE, outside linebacker and even middle linebacker. I wonder if he is versatile enough and if he could fit a 4-3. We definitely need that type of difference maker on defense.

Pollo
10-05-2012, 05:19 PM
A great player will fit into any system!

greasyObnoxious
10-05-2012, 05:29 PM
That is a question. Georgia does use him in a variety of ways, though, as a DE, outside linebacker and even middle linebacker. I wonder if he is versatile enough and if he could fit a 4-3. We definitely need that type of difference maker on defense.

to be honest, i thought the same way about Von Miller, and Denver makes it work somehow. still, i think that's due to Miller being too talented a guy not to make it work. could be the same with Jarvis Jones, but i can't shake the feeling you're going to try and hammer a square peg into a round hole by using him in a 4-3.

Fin_Frenzy_84
10-05-2012, 06:20 PM
YES PLEASE! Him and Wake would tear it up!!!!
Get a corner in the second and a receiver in the second!

justdev7
10-07-2012, 02:14 AM
I'm a Georgia fan and I don't want us taking Jarvis. The main reason is that he's soft. He's got a great first step but he's undersized and doesn't have a mean bone in his body. He's a good kid but I think he's a situational pass rusher not a 3 down guy

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

He got abused today by South Carolina. No push at all. On the other side jadavion clowney was murdering our o line.

j-off-her-doll
10-09-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm a Georgia fan and I don't want us taking Jarvis. The main reason is that he's soft. He's got a great first step but he's undersized and doesn't have a mean bone in his body. He's a good kid but I think he's a situational pass rusher not a 3 down guy

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

He got abused today by South Carolina. No push at all. On the other side jadavion clowney was murdering our o line.

In a 4-3, he'd obviously be an OLB, who comes down to rush the passer on passing downs.

BC26
10-09-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm not a fan of Jones. We need a 4-3 end that can replace Odrick when he kicks inside next year.