PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Group: Stay Out For the Lockout - Boycott 5 minutes of game this week!

matthewcannata
09-25-2012, 09:21 AM
http://www.facebook.com/groups/141827859295775/

We need to stand up to the NFL Owners and make a statement! Signing a petition won't help and neither will ranting and raving help it.The NFL Owners will not do a thing until they start getting hit in their wallets!

Therefore, for all Week Four games, everyone needs to stay out of the stadium for the first five minutes of the game!

Yes, it will be hard. Yes, the players will not get the support at opening kickoff. However, they will understand and they want the regular referees back just as much as we do, if not more!

How will this work? It's simple! Tailgate a little longer. Do not go into the stadium until the 10 minute mark in the first quarter.

Stadiums across the nation will be empty at kickoff. It will create a huge buzz on television and on the radio. It will get people talking and NFL Owners will take action!

Think about this. The NFL Owners will lose hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions! Sponsors who advertise before the game will not be happy and some will demand a refund! NFL Owners who do special events for pre-game will lose money because no one will be there to see it!

Concessions are most active before the game begins! If no one is in the stadium, the concessions will lose money! If you say that people will just buy the food when they get in - you are wrong! If more people tailgate longer, they will have more food and drinks outside the stadium. Therefore, there would be no need to eat and drink when you get in!

We need everyone on board. If we do this the right way, the NFL Owners will be hit in their wallets - and that's the only way that they will seriously negotiate with the locked out referees!

nyjunc
09-25-2012, 09:24 AM
how will missing 5 mins of a game affect the wallets of the owners?

do we forget how bad the regular refs were too?

PolitePolite
09-25-2012, 09:28 AM
:bobdole:

matthewcannata
09-25-2012, 09:28 AM
The NFL Owners will lose hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions! Sponsors who advertise before the game will not be happy and some will demand a refund! NFL Owners who do special events for pre-game will lose money because no one will be there to see it!

Concessions are most active before the game begins! If no one is in the stadium, the concessions will lose money! If you say that people will just buy the food when they get in - you are wrong! If more people tailgate longer, they will have more food and drinks outside the stadium. Therefore, there would be no need to eat and drink when you get in!

spiral
09-25-2012, 09:30 AM
seriously?:err:

PolitePolite
09-25-2012, 09:35 AM
The NFL Owners will lose hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions! Sponsors who advertise before the game will not be happy and some will demand a refund! NFL Owners who do special events for pre-game will lose money because no one will be there to see it!

If you think anyone would purposely miss the first 10 minutes of a football game that he/she paid 60+ dollars a ticket for, you, sir, are crazy.

JCane
09-25-2012, 09:38 AM
What a ****ing joke.

NFL is in the right here.

Those officials are straight up dumb if they think they deserve a pension—THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO PUT IN TO— for part-time work, then they are out of their ****ing minds. Those clowns are strong arming the NFL and it's ridiculous.

What kind of company gives even FULL-TIME employees a pension these days?

A pension that THEY DON'T HAVE TO PUT IN TO?! This is ABSURD at best.

JCane
09-25-2012, 09:52 AM

Exactly.

LOL @ This thread. OP wants to boycott an entire FIVE minutes of a football game to "send a message."

What message is the OP sending other than, "We can't live without football."

PolitePolite
09-25-2012, 09:52 AM
What a ****ing joke.

Those officials are straight up dumb if they think they deserve a pension—THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO PUT IN TO— for part-time work, then they are out of their ****ing minds. Those clowns are strong arming the NFL and it's ridiculous.

I understand your argument, but it is flawed. The NFL isn't the real world. Hochman made a great argument on The Ticket this morning. If you buy a hotdog at a hotdog stand it is $2. As soon as you walk in that stadium, a hotdog is $8. If you buy soda in a restaurant it is $2.50 with unlimited refills. If you buy a soda in the stadium, it is $6. The rules are different in the NFL. A t-shirt costs $40. Parking is $30. You can't compare what businesses are doing in the real world to what the NFL is doing. It is just different.

jared81
09-25-2012, 09:55 AM

Agree.....the regular refs blow too. The real refs are asking for too much, the nfl is in the right here. That's not to say that there hasn't been say bad calls by the replacements.

Daytona Fin
09-25-2012, 09:59 AM
I vow to look away when the first commercial is played during next weeks game in arizona.

JCane
09-25-2012, 09:59 AM
I understand your argument, but it is flawed. The NFL isn't the real world. Hochman made a great argument on The Ticket this morning. If you buy a hotdog at a hotdog stand it is $2. As soon as you walk in that stadium, a hotdog is $8. If you buy soda in a restaurant it is $2.50 with unlimited refills. If you buy a soda in the stadium, it is $6. The rules are different in the NFL. A t-shirt costs $40. Parking is $30. You can't compare what businesses are doing in the real world to what the NFL is doing. It is just different.

Uh, yes, it is. The NFL IS the real world. This is a BUSINESS first and a sport second. The NFL has to control the business side of things in order to keep the product in demand. This is a business deal.

Hot dogs at a game are certainly $8. But you choose to either eat before you come to the game at a fraction of the cost, or you pay the $8. But it's your choice to pay that $8. It's a bad deal for you at $8 because a hot dog shouldn't cost $8, but you get a hot dog. The NFL can give the officials the pension ($8) that they want and they get their officials (hot dog).

PolitePolite
09-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Uh, yes, it is. The NFL IS the real world. This is a BUSINESS first and a sport second. The NFL has to control the business side of things in order to keep the product in demand. This is a business deal.

Hot dogs at a game are certainly $8. But you choose to either eat before you come to the game at a fraction of the cost, or you pay the $8. But it's your choice to pay that $8. It's a bad deal for you at $8 because a hot dog shouldn't cost $8, but you get a hot dog. The NFL can give the officials the pension ($8) that they want and they get their officials (hot dog).

I am confused with your comparison but whatever, it doesn't matter. I agree that the NFL refs are being greedy, but the NFL is a billion dollar company. My point is if the NFL can overcharge us for their services, they can afford to give the refs a pension plan.

MarshallFin1
09-25-2012, 10:09 AM

they deserve some sort of pension, there old ass refs that should be retired but still work there tail off to keep the nfl integrity high. NFL is putiin money over integrity right now, and u cant do that.

Zounds
09-25-2012, 10:09 AM

Concessions have absolutley noting to do with the NFL's pool of money. Concessions belong to the owner of the stadium, and in many cases in the NFL, the stadiums belong to the city in which they reside and are leased to an NFL team. Boycotting concessions doesnt cause the NFL any financial loss whatsoever. It only hurts the owner of the stadiums, and the NFL doesnt own any stadiums.

JCane
09-25-2012, 10:11 AM
they deserve some sort of pension, there old ass refs that should be retired but still work there tail off to keep the nfl integrity high. NFL is putiin money over integrity right now, and u cant do that.

Dude, they make a couple hundred thousand a year for part-time work...and now they want a pension that THEY DON'T HAVE TO PUT IN TO.

Think about that. Go find me a company that offers that kind of pension FOR FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES.

You won't find it. It's absurd want they're asking for and I hope the NFL stand strong on this.

Nublar7
09-25-2012, 10:16 AM
Looking at the stadium, haven't Dolphins fans already done this the first two home games? Except they went even further to boycott the other 55 minutes. Beach time!

J. David Wannyheimer
What a ****ing joke.

Oh, I agree 100%. But... the quality of officiating is so bad that something must be done.

What bothers me is that the NFL did not have a better contingency plan in place.

Ilovemyfins4eva
people are making it seem like the regular refs are so great. the regular refs ****ing blow also. how many horrible ****ing calls have we seen by the regular refs like the tuck rule,ed hochuli call in denver in 2008, the gene steratore game in miami, these are just 2 of the many boneheaded calls the regular refs have made over the years i can go on and on, and those calls effected the outcome of the games also, yet no one made as big of a stink.

the one thing the regular refs have over the replacements are control, which is big, but lets not pretend they dont blow calls the regulars because they do quite frequently.

Alm1ghty
:tubes: Not sure how this will effect the owners and getting the refs back...

Zounds
09-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Ref's were making over $8K per game last year, plus travel expenses and benefits. That's plenty of money for a ref imo. If they can't create their own pension on a salary of $140K+ per year, then they need a new financial advisor, not a new contract.

Also, they are asking for a 35% raise in pay. That's a little ridiculous in a labor negotiation. I could understand 3% or even 5% to compensate for inflation and cost of living increases, but 35% is just greedy.

J. David Wannyheimer
09-25-2012, 10:19 AM
Ref's were making over $8K per game last year, plus travel expenses and benefits. Thats plenty of money for a ref imo. If they cant create their own pension on a salary of $140K+ per year, then they need a new financial advisor, not a new contract.

Also, they are asking for a 35% raid in pay. Thats a little ridiculous in a labor negotiation. I could understand 3% or even 5% to compensate for infaltion and cost of living increase, but 35% is just greedy.

Yup. Find me one working stiff in America who has ever received a 35% raise in his life. Find me one. Guys who just got promoted to significantly better positions don't count, obviously.

Let's not act like these guys are a bunch of poor, put out bums. They are making six figures for a part time job and now they want a better pension than the pie grabbers in congress. Unreal. There is a reason that these guys have stayed out for 3 weeks. It's because they can afford to do that.

tommyp
09-25-2012, 10:23 AM
totally agree, they want a pension for a part time job.. so do i.

flynryan15
09-25-2012, 10:27 AM
You people that don't support thus are absolutely clueless! None of you have there right to complain when the SCABS start blowing calls and effecting the DOLPHINS! Goodell is destroying the integrity of the game! No one has a bigger responsibility then a gaffe day official and they deserve a great compensation package. The NFL generates billions in profit and Goodell is subjecting us to this over 40 million dollars literally Pennies on the dollar. Product augers while the billionaire good old boys club milks a couple bucks out of their toy!

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

By the way the average fan doesn't care about missing 5 minutes in line st the beer tub our to buy something to feed their fat head!

flynryan15
09-25-2012, 10:31 AM
It is not a part time job they train year round like the players, they also participate in minicamp, training camp, etc. just because some people in society did not pursue a career that allows them a defined pension didn't mean all should

J. David Wannyheimer
09-25-2012, 10:32 AM
The NFL has revenues in the billions. We don't know their profits because the books aren't public.

40 million dollars isn't pennies to any business in the world. Nobody who has ever been successful in business (at any level, or to any degree) would bend over and take it up the ass because it's 'only' 40 million dollars.

The only entity on Earth that looks at that kind of money and sees a footnote is the US Federal Government. Which, coincidentally, is trillions of dollars in debt due to fiscal mismanagement.

JCane
09-25-2012, 10:38 AM
The NFL has revenues in the billions. We don't know their profits because the books aren't public.

40 million dollars isn't pennies to any business in the world. Nobody who has ever been successful in business (at any level, or to any degree) would bend over and take it up the ass because it's 'only' 40 million dollars.

The only entity on Earth that looks at that kind of money and sees a footnote is the US Federal Government. Which, coincidentally, is trillions of dollars in debt due to fiscal mismanagement.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/09/hammer-1.jpg

flynryan15
09-25-2012, 10:41 AM
The NFL has revenues in the billions. We don't know their profits because the books aren't public.40 million dollars isn't pennies to any business in the world. Nobody who has ever been successful in business (at any level, or to any degree) would bend over and take it up the ass because it's 'only' 40 million dollars.The only entity on Earth that looks at that kind of money and sees a footnote is the US Federal Government. Which, coincidentally, is trillions of dollars in debt due to fiscal mismanagement.Wrong! In the airline world management pisses away millions of dollars before they even turn the lights on! I could give you Countless examples, but since you don't have experience you won't understand. As far as the NFL profit it s made public during the Players negotiations. You people want a cheaper product then you line up and cry when it blows up in your face.

N-E-O
09-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Glad to see others not drinking the union kool-aid and bad press they are putting out to try and pressure the league. If the league caves and pays more guess who gets passed the bill? Thats right YOU...The F-A-N-S by way of higher cable bills & ticket prices.

No thanks...Im good with the newbees

flynryan15
09-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Get a clue it is economics of scale! Funny the league hasn't been bashful about raising prices oneverything associated worth the NFL brand.

SuperMarksBros.
09-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Does admission become free after the first 5 minutes of a game? Otherwise, LOL

J. David Wannyheimer
09-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Wrong! In the airline world management pisses away millions of dollars before they even turn the lights on! I could give you Countless examples, but since you don't have experience you won't understand. As far as the NFL profit it s made public during the Players negotiations. You people want a cheaper product then you line up and cry when it blows up in your face.

Yeah, airlines around the world over the past fifty years keep going out of business one after another solely because of horrible mismanagement and millions upon millions of dollars pissed away, and not because of other factors. Of course. ****ing idiot clowns in management. Oh, hey, look at the time, better get back on the picket line.

Oh, and when were NFL profits made public? I don't know of any of the 32 teams that made their financials public. Maybe the Packers? Give me a link, I'd love to see them.

N-E-O
09-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Get a clue it is economics of scale! Funny the league hasn't been bashful about raising prices oneverything associated worth the NFL brand.

Put the big gulp kool-aid down and take a breath...a couple more games without them and they come crawling back (or stay home) even better!

JCane
09-25-2012, 10:48 AM

Well of course not. Same thing goes for your airline industries, right? Bag fees continue to climb seemingly every time you fly (unless you hold elite status like myself :lol:). I paid almost $3 for a bottle of water at the airport recently.

That's how a business grows and prospers. There's nothing wrong with raising prices on everything associated with the brand.

It goes back to what I said earlier. An $8 hot dog at Sun Life is absurd. But it's your choice to either pay it or walk away from it. If everyone walks away from the $8 hot dog, then the stadium is spending thousands on the hot dogs that they're not selling. Suddenly, hot dogs are a money pit. So you either stop selling hot dogs, or you lower prices on the hot dogs and see what happens.

If the NFL is selling you an $8 hot dog, if you think about it, that's your fault lol.

flynryan15
09-25-2012, 10:53 AM
Yeah, airlines around the world over the past fifty years keep going out of business one after another solely because of horrible mismanagement and millions upon millions of dollars pissed away, and not because of other factors. Of course. ****ing idiot clowns in management. Oh, hey, look at the time, better get back on the picket line.

Oh, and when were NFL profits made public? I don't know of any of the 32 teams that made their financials public. Maybe the Packers? Give me a link, I'd love to see them.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxywEE1kK6I

Here is what out sourcing gets you 51 people died because the only pilots willing to fly for peanuts literally failed every training event they ever attempted! They managed to fly a perfectly good airplane into the ground! But hey management gave themselves a nice bonus after they outsourced that flying.

J. David Wannyheimer
09-25-2012, 10:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxywEE1kK6I

Here is what out sourcing gets you 51 people died because the only pilots willing to fly for peanuts literally failed every training event they ever attempted! They managed to fly a perfectly good airplane into the ground! But hey management gave themselves a nice bonus after they outsourced that flying.

Interesting. The only pilots that the airline could afford were incompetent? Sounds like there are some problems in the aviation labor market.

flynryan15
09-25-2012, 11:00 AM

Oh, and when were NFL profits made public? I don't know of any of the 32 teams that made their financials public. Maybe the Packers? Give me a link, I'd love to see them.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxywEE1kK6I

flynryan15
09-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Interesting. The only pilots that the airline could afford were incompetent? Sounds like there are some problems in the aviation labor market.

If you really knew how some airlines operate out would make you puke. I shouldn't have said only pilots because there are some great pilots and great people at that company. Reality is the only way to get a product that cheap is to cut corners. I can tell you though with the amount of training failures the captain had he would have been fitted at most airlines.

Vertical Limit
09-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Yeah this won't work, and besides, not like we show up in time anyways. :lol:

flynryan15
09-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Jcane here is your homework asignment since I like you and don't want to see you strapped to a yard dart! google the ntsb report for the link I posted then pm me and I will tell you airlines I won't fly on our let my family fly on that are subsidies operating for major airlines.

The moral of the rant gentleman is you get what you pay for! Three scabs are screwing up regularly because they aren't good enough. The people making those decisions don't suffer because you line their pocket! If you are ok with that you can't complain if ether bad call loses are game.

JCane
09-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Jcane here is your homework asignment since I like you and don't want to see you strapped to a yard dart! google the ntsb report for the link I posted then pm me and I will tell you airlines I won't fly on our let my family fly on that are subsidies operating for major airlines.

The moral of the rant gentleman is you get what you pay for! Three scabs are screwing up regularly because they aren't good enough. The people making those decisions don't suffer because you line their pocket! If you are ok with that you can't complain if ether bad call loses are game.

No, because I have to fly an airline VERY soon that you'll probably name and I don't need to hear those stories lol. I love to fly and I trust you guys know what you're doing so I just load up, order my cranberry Vodka and surf the web during a flight. Never in my life have I had a bad flight. If you land my plane, GREAT FLIGHT.

But you ALWAYS get what you pay for...and if you pay for an $8 hot dog at a stadium, you get ripped off. What I mean by that in relation to this officials strike, is people will complain about officials regardless of who they are. People will complain about hot dog prices at a stadium. Don't overpay for it. Say no. The NFL needs to say no. In the end, the NFL will overpay for the officials that they want. Hopefully, the keep the pension from them.

flynryan15
09-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Since when did a pension become such a issue? Good luck surviving on a 401k and social security.

Well since you said surf the Web that limits the options and I would not say that airline I fly on them.

JCane
09-25-2012, 12:06 PM
Since when did a pension become such a issue? Good luck surviving on a 401k and social security.

It's an issue for me.

Say it out loud:

Part-time workers want a fully-funded pension that they don't have to put in to.

Is that how a business is run?

dlcmdrx
09-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Glad to see others not drinking the union kool-aid and bad press they are putting out to try and pressure the league. If the league caves and pays more guess who gets passed the bill? Thats right YOU...The F-A-N-S by way of higher cable bills & ticket prices.

No thanks...Im good with the newbees

I guess this is why america has so many poor people and elderly people working for peanuts.

You guys keep making the owners richer and richer... I dont know how some people can sleep at night

J. David Wannyheimer
09-25-2012, 12:28 PM

You just wished good luck to 95% of Americans. Most folks have to, get this, save for their retirements, instead of having their employers contribute 100% of the money to a large pension fund for part time work.

Many, many, many employee groups in America have very legitimate labor grievances. The NFL officials are not such a group.

Flip Tanneflop
09-25-2012, 12:29 PM
What a ****ing joke.

You are partially correct.

A pension for part timers is unheard of. The refs are definately strong arming the NFL.

Thing is, this isnt a normal situation. Its not a regular job. These guys arent part time security at my local casino. They are NFL officials. Its a unique job that requires a unique skill set that ordinary people dont possess. It takes years for an official to build up the necessary skill it takes to officiate an NFL game. And even then, once they get their first NFL gig, it takes time for them to work and blend in with a veteran crew before they are really good at it.

Thats where the officials have the upper hand. Thats why they are even in position to strong arm the NFL. Granted, its kinda ****ed up, youre the guy who would I know agree that youre worth exactly what someone is willing to pay you. The reality is the NFL is stuck in a position where they are going to have to pay these guys. Right now the officials could stand firm on their pensions and ask for a raise if they wanted to. Its going to get worse before it gets better.

The officials are making their point that they are a group that simply cant be replaced overnight. The owners are going to have to figure this one out. If they want to take the pensions away, they are going to have to set up a system where they have some future refs ready to go when they want to try and pull the plug on the pensions in the future. Because right now, they gotta get the regulars back.

On top of all of that, the NFL has a **** ton of money. Why **** up a good thing over a few bucks for some pensions for part time refs? Just give it to them. Again, if they want to take it away 5 years down the line, they are going to have to set up a system where they have some trained and prepared officials who will work without getting pensions in place and ready to go. Youre not going to be able to pick up guys off the street who have worked Div III college ball before to come in and do this specialized job.

J. David Wannyheimer
09-25-2012, 12:33 PM
The reality is the NFL is stuck in a position where they are going to have to pay these guys. Right now the officials could stand firm on their pensions and ask for a raise if they wanted to. Its going to get worse before it gets better.

I don't think the NFL is going to budge. They were ready and willing to lock out the players for the full season and have no football at all, which would have been disastrous for all parties involved. I really doubt that the league is going to cave to the refs now. The NFL has had public black eyes before, and the league knows that such things will heal over time. I don't see them giving in at all, even after this insane backlash.

One thing is that in these types of negotiations, precedent does matter. If the NFL gives in now, they're going to have a lot less leverage the next time they sit down at a bargaining table with the players union, the coaches union, or anyone else. But if they stay in and play hardball, future parties will be put on notice that the NFL means business. That's got to factor in.

Flip Tanneflop
09-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Looking at the stadium, haven't Dolphins fans already done this the first two home games? Except they went even further to boycott the other 55 minutes. Beach time!

I like the OPs thinking, but this wont work on the simple fact that if everyone tries to file in the stadium at the same time, it will be the end of the 1st qtr till everyone gets in. Nobody is going to do that. That may work in Miami though. Everyone who actually shows up could probably get in at the same time.

The better idea would be simply for nobody to watch thursday nights game on TV.

1) Its on NFL network so that sends a direct message
2) Its a pretty ****ty game anyway (Browns) so you arent missing that much

I think non Browns and Ravens fans would make that sacrifice. If they get their ratings back and see that they are getting beaten by Person of Interest on CBS, they will know they have a serious problem.

Flip Tanneflop
09-25-2012, 12:40 PM

Meh. Steven Ross gave away a million dollars to that fraud David Garrard, but he is unwilling to throw in 1/32nd of 40 mil to get the refs back? Get real.

Ilovemyfins4eva
09-25-2012, 12:47 PM
I like the OPs thinking, but this wont work on the simple fact that if everyone tries to file in the stadium at the same time, it will be the end of the 1st qtr till everyone gets in. Nobody is going to do that. That may work in Miami though. Everyone who actually shows up could probably get in at the same time.

The better idea would be simply for nobody to watch thursday nights game on TV.

1) Its on NFL network so that sends a direct message
2) Its a pretty ****ty game anyway (Browns) so you arent missing that much

I think non Browns and Ravens fans would make that sacrifice. If they get their ratings back and see that they are getting beaten by Person of Interest on CBS, they will know they have a serious problem.ya the game is ****ty thursday night but i do love watching just to see how badly the refs can **** up. granted the regular refs are god awful also, its just funny seeing these guys because no one respects them and the media flips whenever they do something wrong. its entertaining.

JCane
09-25-2012, 01:56 PM
You are partially correct.

A pension for part timers is unheard of. The refs are definately strong arming the NFL.

Thing is, this isnt a normal situation. Its not a regular job. These guys arent part time security at my local casino. They are NFL officials. Its a unique job that requires a unique skill set that ordinary people dont possess. It takes years for an official to build up the necessary skill it takes to officiate an NFL game. And even then, once they get their first NFL gig, it takes time for them to work and blend in with a veteran crew before they are really good at it.

Thats where the officials have the upper hand. Thats why they are even in position to strong arm the NFL. Granted, its kinda ****ed up, youre the guy who would I know agree that youre worth exactly what someone is willing to pay you. The reality is the NFL is stuck in a position where they are going to have to pay these guys. Right now the officials could stand firm on their pensions and ask for a raise if they wanted to. Its going to get worse before it gets better.

The officials are making their point that they are a group that simply cant be replaced overnight. The owners are going to have to figure this one out. If they want to take the pensions away, they are going to have to set up a system where they have some future refs ready to go when they want to try and pull the plug on the pensions in the future. Because right now, they gotta get the regulars back.

On top of all of that, the NFL has a **** ton of money. Why **** up a good thing over a few bucks for some pensions for part time refs? Just give it to them. Again, if they want to take it away 5 years down the line, they are going to have to set up a system where they have some trained and prepared officials who will work without getting pensions in place and ready to go. Youre not going to be able to pick up guys off the street who have worked Div III college ball before to come in and do this specialized job.

Just give it to them. Just cave in to their ridiculous demands to make some fans happy lol.

I'm guessing you were anti-Reagan weren't you?

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Meh. Steven Ross gave away a million dollars to that fraud David Garrard, but he is unwilling to throw in 1/32nd of 40 mil to get the refs back? Get real.

Great move by Mr. Ross IMO.

He has made a **** ton of money by not being liberal with his money.

dolphone
09-25-2012, 02:03 PM

Just give it to them. Just cave in to their ridiculous demands to make some fans happy lol.

I'm guessing you were anti-Reagan weren't you?

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Great move by Mr. Ross IMO.

He has made a **** ton of money by not being liberal with his money.

People want to be babied. "Government, give me this! Boss, I demand that!" It's real life, people. You're supposed to work for your money.

JCane
09-25-2012, 02:19 PM
People want to be babied. "Government, give me this! Boss, I demand that!" It's real life, people. You're supposed to work for your money.

Exactly.

And it's not that I'm saying that they aren't working for their money or they aren't earning their paychecks because they do, but these demands by the officials are just mind blowing.

Canadianfishfan
09-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Maybe a simultaneous chant would be good of some sort. On every game at the same time.

That would be ccol..

Something like... "**** YOU"