PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed III

Mike13
10-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Well the game comes out at the end of the month, so lets get this thread started.
It should be awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph9jn5kRo9k&feature=player_embedded

Locke
10-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Already have it reserved. I've played, beaten, and 1Ked every Assassin's Creed game thus far. I love them. Hopefully I'll have Resident Evil 6 wrapped up before this comes out, but I doubt it...

Thumper1016
10-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Went all in on the collectors edition. 30th just can't come fast enough.

Spesh
10-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Assassins Creed Brotherhood had the best multiplayer system ever made. Punishing to those trigger happy Call of Duty idiots and rewarding for actual stealth. I fell in love with the series then.

Ill be picking this one up on the first day.

Mike13
10-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Assassins Creed Brotherhood had the best multiplayer system ever made. Punishing to those trigger happy Call of Duty idiots and rewarding for actual stealth. I fell in love with the series then.

Ill be picking this one up on the first day.

Its always fun to hear some kid losing his **** over why I'm getting 800+ points per kill and he's getting 150 per kill.

Dolfan1010
10-13-2012, 01:15 AM
I cannot wait for this game. I have enjoyed the series but this new one just looks epic.

The Stache99
10-16-2012, 12:47 AM
Love the whole series. This one looks to be the best yet

Valandui
10-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Pre-ordered it.

Locke
10-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Pre-ordered it.

The online multiplayer for the Assassin's Creed series is by far the most original of any other game I've played. If you get in Xbox, hit me up. Spesh and I have done online with Mass Effect 3 and Resident Evil 6, and since we're both getting this, I'm sure we'll find ourselves doing this as well. Will be cool to get a few more Finheaven brothers on it...

The Stache99
10-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Wish I had Xbox cause I'd roll with you guys. Hit me up on psn stache99.

Ricky4Life
10-18-2012, 11:46 PM
Pre ordered for Xbox. Can't wait.

Valandui
10-21-2012, 01:22 AM
The online multiplayer for the Assassin's Creed series is by far the most original of any other game I've played. If you get in Xbox, hit me up. Spesh and I have done online with Mass Effect 3 and Resident Evil 6, and since we're both getting this, I'm sure we'll find ourselves doing this as well. Will be cool to get a few more Finheaven brothers on it...
I got it for PS3. It's still my primary system, especially since my 360 picks and chooses which games it wants to read.

uk_dolfan
10-21-2012, 10:14 AM
I've always liked the idea of assassins creed but been bored by the game itself. Arent you meant to be an assassin? Then why do you fight like your the terminater :s

The multiplayer is great though.

Phinfan1979
10-25-2012, 01:34 AM
Is it the 30th yet? So excited for this game.

Spesh
10-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Desmond trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiPmWonPMWA

Launch trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAb-Joqhrz8

Pre-ordered it off Amazon. Getting a weapon(Axe) and single player character. Fairly unimpressed. Anyone getting anything interesting with yours?

Valandui
10-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Desmond trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiPmWonPMWA

Launch trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAb-Joqhrz8

Pre-ordered it off Amazon. Getting a weapon(Axe) and single player character. Fairly unimpressed. Anyone getting anything interesting with yours?
I did it at Gamestop. I think I get a weapon and an extra level or something.

Spesh
10-26-2012, 04:59 PM
I did it at Gamestop. I think I get a weapon and an extra level or something.

The extra mission sparked my interest, but not enough to order it from them.

Looked over the preorder stuff and it seemed like Target had the best. Extra multiplayer character. In Brotherhood those came in handy, though they were eventually given away to everyone.

bear1967
10-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Just one more day. Then I will be stalking the mail man LOL.

Mike13
10-29-2012, 06:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_o49YwWZUY&feature=plcp

"So I can find you"

Even at 5 Connor is a badass.

Spesh
10-30-2012, 01:06 PM
Havent picked mine up yet, but checked out some reviews while i had time today: Its scoring well, but not exceptionally so. Keep in mind, many of these reviewers played a bugged version of the game which is being corrected in a patch today. Other main complaint is: linear main story in an open world game, muddy combat controls, and hideously long intro.

To me, those are classic "problems" of the AC series. I can more live with all of that, though im not looking forward to the 3-5 hour long intro. Universal praise over the new engine they built for it, multiplayer, and amount of content(particular highlight is the ship sidequests). Some quotes from verdicts:

ign-

Assassin's Creed III is very enjoyable overall, but itís not consistently brilliant. Not everything about the game gels together convincingly and the missionsí unnecessary prescriptiveness sometimes undermines the sense of freedom that the rest of the game works so hard to create. But it achieves so much that you canít help but respect it; no other open-world game has ever given us a setting that's as impressive to observe or as full of things to do as this. Connorís story has its lulls but it still tells a tale much richer and more compelling than most other games manage, set in a fascinating period of history.

Forbes-

Assassinís Creed 3 is worth buying, worth playing, and worth getting lost in. Get past the frustrating gameplay and endless intro, and itís gold.

Gamespot-

The Good

Enthralling, thematically rich storytelling
Tense and atmospheric sea battles
It's a joy to watch your homestead develop
Amazing attention to historical and visual details
Lots of rewarding missions to undertake.

The Bad

Too many bugs and glitches
Hunting mechanics go largely undeveloped
Parkour and stealth inconsistencies.

edit: have been pathological in avoiding spoilers for the game. Chose to read IGN and Forbes for their reviews because previously they've done a decent job of keeping it spoiler free. Made the mistake of starting to read Gamespots and learned a chunk of Connors origin story. Thanks bastards. From what i understand, its nothing new from the trailers, but i had avoided them. So fair warning for those that want to track down these reviews. First two are relatively clean.

Mike13
10-31-2012, 12:40 AM
The main complaint seems like it takes a while before the gamegets going.
I remember ACII started off slowly also too.

Spesh
10-31-2012, 11:55 PM
So im sitting here playing the game, still in the intro, when i have to infiltrate a base. While moving through the place i get spotted. I jump to the side of the wall, hit the ground and dive into a haystack(or corn cart in this game?). The guard comes over to investigate. Im torn between killing him and losing my full sinc or taking my chances and getting discovered. I notice his outfit is different then the rest as he comes close. Shrugging this off, i decide to not risk discover and take him out. Ends up he decided to turn away anyways, but im already hitting the button. Animation goes through, the screen goes bright red, i begin to totally de-sinc. Confused, i read the message that pops up:

"You just killed George Washington".

Im a horrible American.

Ricky4Life
11-01-2012, 01:04 AM
Just finished the game. I am pretty satisfied with it overall.

phinatic0083
11-01-2012, 01:18 AM
I like the nice twist with the "other" character in the beginning

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thumper1016
11-02-2012, 01:10 AM
What do you guys think of the "improvements" to the fighting system?

Spesh
11-02-2012, 01:31 AM
What do you guys think of the "improvements" to the fighting system?

At the moment: im fairly frustrated. To damned inconsistent.

Just got done having to replay a mission a couple times because it wouldnt let me straight up assassinate someone, just kept walking up to him and doing the little "wrist blade extend" thing and id signal the alarm. Best example i can think of concerning my frustration is when i killed a group of 8 or 9 guys without a problem, only to fight 4 guys the very next battle and get beaten down repeatedly. After 3 deaths, i go back a fourth time and beat them soundly, dont even think they touched me. As well, multiple times ive "dropped out of combat" in the middle of a fight. I get prepared to block an attack only to receive the butt of a rifle to my face.

When it works, i love it. Ive had a handful of fights then went beautifully. At the same time, ive had just as many fights end in sheer frustration. Going to remain patient and try and get into a workable routine.

Thumper1016
11-02-2012, 02:09 AM
I am having alot of the same problems. It frustrates me at times which leads me to play something else.

ChambersWI
11-02-2012, 08:37 AM
i love the game, there are certainly things that drag (I hate the hunting stuff) and the optional missions are not as good as past games, but it's great overall. I love the captaining the ships though

NY8123
11-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Sometimes I think they rush the ****ing games out so fast to make money that the bugs aren't worked. I prolly outta get around to finishing off ACII some day lol.

Spesh
11-02-2012, 11:39 PM
I am having alot of the same problems. It frustrates me at times which leads me to play something else.

Been screwing with it for an hour or two now and have made some progress. Keep in mind, im currently exploring the wilderness and doing some of the damn amusing Frontiersman quests. But along the way ive been ambushing british convoys and troops.

For whatever reason i havent had a problem with locking on tonight. Odd. Ive been able to bum rush brits and slaughter them without running square into them. As for the combat, this is going to sound simplistic, but ive found one of the problems was solved by almost always breaking their defenses when it goes slow motion after a counter. Previously i was almost exclusively trying to counter attack. Ive fought 4 groups so far and they have only hit me when ive made a glaring mistake. Im not sure if that was part of the problem for you and others, but so far tonight my frustration level has dropped drastically.

You know, except for when i try and climb trees in the wilderness to get the viewpoints and continuously leap off them to my death. It would have been nice if the game had gone over combat more thoroughly in the 18 day long freaking intro, but whatever.

Havent come across a stealth part and i dont think i will tonight. Going to be busy for the next week but will try and sneak in a few hours and update youll if i find any solutions.

edit: and naturally, right after i post this i get jumped by 2 squads and run into problems. Minor all things considered: im still having trouble with the human shield command. As well, after all but 1 member of the squad was whipped out i dropped out of combat, though was able to pop back in before i got into trouble. Will keep working it.

Valandui
11-03-2012, 03:45 AM
Sometimes I think they rush the ****ing games out so fast to make money that the bugs aren't worked. I prolly outta get around to finishing off ACII some day lol.

See Bethesda.

Mike13
11-06-2012, 12:49 AM
The game has been in development for 2 years, I wouldnt say its rushed, its just that like Bethesda, Ubisoft arent the best programmers.

RichLgz
11-07-2012, 03:19 AM
still a very good game needs a patch

Locke
11-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Any of you guys still playing this? Or did Halo steal all of your time...?

Spesh
11-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Any of you guys still playing this? Or did Halo steal all of your time...?

I plan on playing it much more than i have been. I was busy last week and decided Halo would be better to jump in and out of. As well, had been finishing up a Chris campaign in RE6.

As of friday i was a few levels below you on the multiplayer, but it looks like you have blown me away. Bastard!

edit: also had a question. Keep in mind, i havent played multiplayer since Brotherhood, so im still struggling through some of the changes. Im a manhunt guy, i love two teams hunting and working together. Yet, after a game of manhunt they change the settings to other team based modes. Alittle variety is nice, but still would like the option of sticking in manhunt. Have you, or anyone else, found a way to accomplish this?

Locke
11-13-2012, 06:40 PM
I plan on playing it much more than i have been. I was busy last week and decided Halo would be better to jump in and out of. As well, had been finishing up a Chris campaign in RE6.

As of friday i was a few levels below you on the multiplayer, but it looks like you have blown me away. Bastard!

edit: also had a question. Keep in mind, i havent played multiplayer since Brotherhood, so im still struggling through some of the changes. Im a manhunt guy, i love two teams hunting and working together. Yet, after a game of manhunt they change the settings to other team based modes. Alittle variety is nice, but still would like the option of sticking in manhunt. Have you, or anyone else, found a way to accomplish this?

I love playing the small death matches. Tiny map, 8 people, total mayhem. I kept getting matched with dumbasses who didn't know how to play, so I kept getting first place with scores anywhere from 7,000-8,000 per match, so I shot up pretty quick. I mean, these guys are running and jumping all over the place, storming around and getting 100-150 point kills, then act all shocked when I only get like 9-10 kills, but still blow their score away by 2,000-3,000. I think my high score on a kill is a little over 1,000, but that was super lucky. I think I had an extreme variety bonus, as well as a few smaller ones like revenge and poached on there. I don't think I'll ever see a score that high again. I suck at getting aerial and acrobatic kills though. Everyone seems to get them no problem, but I can never seem to line them up right.

If you're in a particular game type, you can vote on a map for the next match, which you probably know. It seems to be 2 maps on your current mode, and then one map of a new mode. As long as everyone votes for one of the maps on the current mode, which seems to be like 90% of the time, you'll stay on there. I think that's as close as it gets.

I'm looking for competent groups to do Wolfpack with. It's a fun mode if you have 4 people who know what they're doing. Most of the time you get matched with some new guy who doesn't understand how to get high kill scores. Instead he runs in all stupid and scatters everyone and get a weak 150 point kill. Obnoxious...

Spesh
11-13-2012, 07:53 PM
I love playing the small death matches. Tiny map, 8 people, total mayhem. I kept getting matched with dumbasses who didn't know how to play, so I kept getting first place with scores anywhere from 7,000-8,000 per match, so I shot up pretty quick. I mean, these guys are running and jumping all over the place, storming around and getting 100-150 point kills, then act all shocked when I only get like 9-10 kills, but still blow their score away by 2,000-3,000. I think my high score on a kill is a little over 1,000, but that was super lucky. I think I had an extreme variety bonus, as well as a few smaller ones like revenge and poached on there. I don't think I'll ever see a score that high again. I suck at getting aerial and acrobatic kills though. Everyone seems to get them no problem, but I can never seem to line them up right.

If you're in a particular game type, you can vote on a map for the next match, which you probably know. It seems to be 2 maps on your current mode, and then one map of a new mode. As long as everyone votes for one of the maps on the current mode, which seems to be like 90% of the time, you'll stay on there. I think that's as close as it gets.

I'm looking for competent groups to do Wolfpack with. It's a fun mode if you have 4 people who know what they're doing. Most of the time you get matched with some new guy who doesn't understand how to get high kill scores. Instead he runs in all stupid and scatters everyone and get a weak 150 point kill. Obnoxious...

Completely slipped my mind.

As for aerial, i havent had to much problem, but then again i only do it sparingly. I perfer to avoid going on roofs at all and only do so if its late in the game or in similarly desperate situations. Then again, as i said earlier, i play in Manhunt so i constantly have 4 people after me. Acrobatic kills ive gotten a few, but never on purpose. Not sure what qualifies as an acrobatic kill.

Havent tried Wolfpack. Would we need to be similar rank to group up?

Locke
11-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Completely slipped my mind.

As for aerial, i havent had to much problem, but then again i only do it sparingly. I perfer to avoid going on roofs at all and only do so if its late in the game or in similarly desperate situations. Then again, as i said earlier, i play in Manhunt so i constantly have 4 people after me. Acrobatic kills ive gotten a few, but never on purpose. Not sure what qualifies as an acrobatic kill.

Havent tried Wolfpack. Would we need to be similar rank to group up?

Acrobatic is when you're hanging on a wall or lamp post and jump off into a kill. Those I've gotten by accident. Only aerial I ever get is if I'm on one of the 2 story stages and my target is running around underneath me being a retard, which isn't very often.

We wouldn't need to be at the same level for Wolfpack. It's just a group of players running around and killing NPCs. You get a set amount of time to get as many points as possible. Probably wouldn't be too hard with a smart group of people. Just doesn't work when you have these knuckle-draggers storming in recklessly and slashing everything for 100 points...