PDA

View Full Version : Jets game notes, Sporano's bad game mgmt + Texans are best in NFL at tipping balls

catch22
10-08-2012, 11:28 PM
*If you guys are watching this game you can see how bad Tony Sparano is at calling plays, they had to burn two time outs because they couldn't get the plays called fast enough and now they are down 6 with only 1 TO left. we will see if it ends up burning the jets

*Also you can see that the early tipped balls were not all Ryan Tannehill as the Texans are tipping balls left and right vs Sanchez.

oops , misspelled Sparano lol, sorry Meatball.

-=DolfanDave=-
10-08-2012, 11:30 PM
could be why Tanne had so many of his balls tipped in his first pro game...

Daytona Fin
10-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Meatheads offense is still the same , shoot yourself in the foot.

catch22
10-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Game over! awesome.. GO MEATBALL!

J. David Wannyheimer
10-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Love watching the Jets squander timeouts because Tony can't get the right personnel/play in on time.

Love watching the Jets offense rather haltingly stumble up the field for twenty yards while subbing three guys on every play before Sanchez throws a game ending pick.

Love it.

-=DolfanDave=-
10-08-2012, 11:36 PM
sanchez... B-L-O-W-S.. .. ...

:420:

Thumper1016
10-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Jets continue to suck suck suck.

Spesh
10-08-2012, 11:38 PM
JJ Watt is a monster. They should just go ahead and give him the Defensive MVP award.

edit: Haha. So fitting. JJ Watt blocks the last pass of the play.

Canadianfishfan
10-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Yea! We're tied for second place.

Jets backups put up a helluva fight though.

Its going to be quite the rematch.

MadDog 88
10-08-2012, 11:43 PM
I have to give the Jets credit for coming out and playing hard. They looked a lot better then I expected. A couple missed opportunities were the difference.

uk_dolfan
10-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Watt blocked a td and earned an interception with batted balls, sacked the qb and swatted away the last play of the game. Unreal.

CorduroyG
10-08-2012, 11:48 PM
They need to give the reigns to tebow, sanchez is awful, especially with holmes and keller out.

catch22
10-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Serious question: Do you guys think Tebow is starting QB for jets by the time we play them again week 8?

uk_dolfan
10-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Nah Sanchez aint the (only) problem and when they get that TE Keller back they will improve. Their revievers arent good though and Revis is a massive loss.

ANUFan
Serious question: Do you guys think Tebow is starting QB for jets by the time we play them again week 8?

Yes!

Miamifinz
Serious question: Do you guys think Tebow is starting QB for jets by the time we play them again week 8? No. As awful as Dirty Sanchez is, he is still their best option.

catch22
10-08-2012, 11:54 PM
No. As awful as Dirty Sanchez is, he is still their best option.

I agree with this. just wondering what you guys think.

Pinkboy
10-08-2012, 11:56 PM
You mean, JJ Watt is the best in the NFL at tipping balls.

And as I said in the Texans-Jets game thread on the general board, and that is -- I don't think I've had a man crush on a player in recent years as I have for JJ Watt over the first 5 weeks of this season. I've watched him every week and his impact in games is unreal

Unreal player. What a great 1st round pick by the Texans

Spesh
10-08-2012, 11:57 PM

Do i think he will be starting? Very possible. Should he be starting? Absolutely not.

Nothing New York does surprises me. That team is close to a complete self destruction.

Cleetus
10-08-2012, 11:57 PM
I am hoping they keep buying into this Sanchez for many more years to come. I love to hear the team make excuses for him and keep playing him and keep losing.

Phin-o-rama
10-08-2012, 11:59 PM

I'd rather play them with sanchez....tebow makes his team play better, regardless of his struggles throwing

CorduroyG
10-09-2012, 12:00 AM
No. As awful as Dirty Sanchez is, he is still their best option.

Disagree, i think tebow is better than sanchez.

catch22
I am hoping they keep buying into this Sanchez for many more years to come. I love to hear the team make excuses for him and keep playing him and keep losing.

I like this!

Vaark
One guy in the JI game thread commented something like: "Thanks Tannenbaum for replacing the second worst OC in the league with the worst" Had to chuckle knowingly.

Miamifinz
10-09-2012, 12:06 AM
How about the call to onside kick after an electric KO return for a TD? Way to kill all of your momentum and deflate the entire team, :lol:

number1fin
10-09-2012, 12:06 AM
I have to give the Jets creditWe don't give the Jest credit 'round here:banned:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/2123images250x1000jetssucktshirtjustendt-1.gif

Fins_of_Fury
10-09-2012, 12:07 AM
Can we trade all of our picks for Watts? Jk, but this guy is an artiste!

LDaniel7
10-09-2012, 12:12 AM
They did an animation of Watts speed, reach and leaping ability during the game.

He runs cone faster than Pretty Boy Clay Matthews and jumps as high as Derrick Rose 11'3" and has Ape-size hands -- FREAK of nature!

No shame getting passes tipped by JJ SWATTS, Freakanomics Inc., lol.

Especially as a Rookie -- but it didn't faze Tanny! He gets back up and plays like a winner. He's got the Marino "IT" factor -- not yet as developed or smooth or consistent, but it's there. :up:

LD

Pinkboy
10-09-2012, 12:12 AM
could care less who he plays for. I only own one jersey, not a jersey guy. But I am a fan of the game of football and am considering a JJ Watt jersey

He impacts games up front in so many ways like I've never seen. He's unbelievable

catch22
10-09-2012, 12:14 AM
I loved how after the end of the game you could hear JJ Watt say "Man, You guys cant throw the ball over my head"

nyjunc
10-09-2012, 08:11 AM
awful job last night w/ the wildcat, burning 2 TOs in the 2nd half is unacceptable.

DolfanISS
10-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Well what I learned is Tom Brady is going to rip that Houston secondary to shreds when they play. The Jets had street free agent WR's and DB's playing WR getting open all night long imagine what NE will do. They will get Watt blocked up and easily beat the great Houston Texans.

J. David Wannyheimer
10-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Choice quotes about Tony from Jets Insider:

That was the worst called offensive game I've ever seen. Hackett, Schotty, Heimerdinger......nope. Tonight. That was the WORST I have ever seen.

I am TIRED of seeing ridiculous substitutions stalling our drive every time we have the slightest bit of momentum. We would have 3 timeouts right now and who knows, if we didn't keep taking the ball out of sanchez' hands we'd likely have more points on the board. Its just ridiculous..

Sporano appears to be a huge downgrade from schottemheimer. That hiring was terrible.

Overall not a bad game called by Sparano but man, he saved his worst for last. He completely stalled the offensive momentum after Greene's best run of the night. And we really could have used those timeouts. That's all on Sparano.

I'm really surprised how unorganized Sparano was tonight. The guy was a HC in this league before, he should know better.

Sparano sucks and Sanchez lost me for good today.

Well wouldn't it have been great to have those 2 timeouts when the Texans got the ball back under 2 minutes?

This game was lost when Ryan/Sparano decided to keep playing Tim Tebow Footsie. Putting him in, taking him out, keeping him in with Sanchez, taking Sanchez out.

After every big play Mark made, and he made a bunch, Sparano took him out of rhythm and off the field most times for a diceroll on Tebow who usually got no gain.

Dumb timeouts, stupid playcalling, and of course the failure to recognize in August that this offense was going nowhere all leads to where Mark Sanchez is today.

Sparano is Shoddy without the family pedigree (probably with less football intellect, if that can even be comprehended). Why take Tebow out on third down at the three to put in Mr. Pick Six/Ball batted Down Boy? Most of us didn't want Tebow on the team, but isn't that spot why you brought the guy here? Mind numbing stupidity by Sparano. Good; f**k you you're out the door with Rex and the rest of these dopes anyway.

Heinegrabber
10-09-2012, 08:51 AM
At time the Jets offense resembled a three ring circus. Even the defense got into the act with 12 men on the field penalty.

Daytona Fin
10-09-2012, 08:53 AM
It seemed like rex was baby sitting tony the whole game. Then it seemed like tony and rex were consulting with westhoff on offense at times. The coaching staff is very unorganized on the sidelines. I heard westhoff is retiring after this season, thank god, he is their best coach.

Vaark
10-09-2012, 08:53 AM

yeah, I posted one from their game thread earlier to the effect that leave it to "Tanny" to replace the 2nd worst OC in the league with the worst. I prefer JI because of the 3 major puke green boards their members, at least a larger percentage of 'em, seem to be the most objective (with TGG being the least... but even a lot of them at this point can no longer ignore reality and finally want to get rid of Sanchez, Tannenbaum and maybe even Rex).

ChambersWI
10-09-2012, 08:56 AM

and to their credit, everytime Sanchez did make a play (and he did make some nice plays) Tony would call something stupid.

Hell one that gave me flashbacks (and it wasn't after a Sanchez big play) was at the beginning of the game; 2 and 7ish, bring Tebow in and it's an incomplete (but a good throw from Tebow), bring Sanchez in to deal with a mess on 3rd and long

jtoomuch
10-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Meatheads offense is still the same , shoot yourself in the foot.I can't understand what they were thinking hiring Sparano to run their offense.

Hayden Fox
10-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Tony get killed by WFAN. lol.

nyjunc
10-09-2012, 09:03 AM
to be fair Tony doesn't have a lot of talent to work with right now. I was livid at brining those Tos and he gets the blame for that but our O struggles are not b/c of the OC.

Fins1971
10-09-2012, 09:12 AM
Well what I learned is Tom Brady is going to rip that Houston secondary to shreds when they play. The Jets had street free agent WR's and DB's playing WR getting open all night long imagine what NE will do. They will get Watt blocked up and easily beat the great Houston Texans.

Agreed, i think NE is better than the Texans right now. Injuries could change these teams before they play in December.

Good to see the Jets winning streak over the Texans end.

Games involving NY Jets and Houston:

2003 season:
Week 7 (http://www.finheaven.com/nfl/stand.php?link=Y&season=2003&divcnf=div&week=Week%207)
Sun Oct 19 2003
at Hou
NY Jets (http://www.finheaven.com/nfl/teamseas.php?link=Y&team=NYJ&season=2003) 19, Houston (http://www.finheaven.com/nfl/teamseas.php?link=Y&team=Hou&season=2003) 14

2004 season:
Week 13 (http://www.finheaven.com/nfl/stand.php?link=Y&season=2004&divcnf=div&week=Week%2013)
Sun Dec 5 2004
at NYJ
NY Jets (http://www.finheaven.com/nfl/teamseas.php?link=Y&team=NYJ&season=2004) 29, Houston (http://www.finheaven.com/nfl/teamseas.php?link=Y&team=Hou&season=2004) 7

2006 season:
Week 12 (http://www.finheaven.com/nfl/stand.php?link=Y&season=2006&divcnf=div&week=Week%2012)
Sun Nov 26 2006
at NYJ
NY Jets (http://www.finheaven.com/nfl/teamseas.php?link=Y&team=NYJ&season=2006) 26, Houston (http://www.finheaven.com/nfl/teamseas.php?link=Y&team=Hou&season=2006) 11

2009 season:
Week 1 (http://www.finheaven.com/nfl/stand.php?link=Y&season=2009&divcnf=div&week=Week%201)
Sun Sep 13 2009
at Hou
NY Jets (http://www.finheaven.com/nfl/teamseas.php?link=Y&team=NYJ&season=2009) 24, Houston (http://www.finheaven.com/nfl/teamseas.php?link=Y&team=Hou&season=2009) 7

2010 season:
Week 11 (http://www.finheaven.com/nfl/stand.php?link=Y&season=2010&divcnf=div&week=Week%2011)
Sun Nov 21 2010
at NYJ
NY Jets (http://www.finheaven.com/nfl/teamseas.php?link=Y&team=NYJ&season=2010) 30, Houston (http://www.finheaven.com/nfl/teamseas.php?link=Y&team=Hou&season=2010) 27

2012 season:
Week 5 (http://www.finheaven.com/nfl/stand.php?link=Y&season=2012&divcnf=div&week=Week%205)
Mon Oct 8 2012
at NYJ
Houston (http://www.finheaven.com/nfl/teamseas.php?link=Y&team=Hou&season=2012) 23, NY Jets (http://www.finheaven.com/nfl/teamseas.php?link=Y&team=NYJ&season=2012) 17

Primary team NY Jets: 5-1
Points for NY Jets: 145
Points against NY Jets: 89

It seems we give up a game every year with us losing to them and the jets beating them. Good to see the streak end.
maybe that is an omen that our losing streak to texans will end. In the playoffs this year would be nice.

finfanaz
10-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Not seeing a lot of talk about how bad the Texans played this game. Schaub was terrible when it came to making plays on a Jets secondary, that doesn't have Revis. And I was about to bust a remote if I saw Jonathan Joseph get burned by some crap WR like Schillians one more time. That dude is supposed to be top tier, he got schooled by Kerley(sp) and Schillans etc.. all night long lol. He even got beat by Cromartie that would have gone for a TD if the Taco had thrown a better ball.

Houston played like **** tonight at certain positions. Only to be made up by the great play of the D Line/O Line and Foster. They probably would've lost with Revis/Holmes playing... Although I don't think the Jests would've attempted every trick in the book to win if they weren't so injury burdened, which is the only reason they were doing anything in this game.

Mike13
10-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Dear Jets fans, we hate to say we told you so....
Actually in your case I think we loving saying we told you so.

MadDog 88
10-09-2012, 12:24 PM
to be fair Tony doesn't have a lot of talent to work with right now. I was livid at brining those Tos and he gets the blame for that but our O struggles are not b/c of the OC.He is a part of the struggles on O. A QB that doesnt make his team mates better, garbage WRs, bad OL, no RB. The entire offense is bad to include the coaching.

Vaark
10-09-2012, 01:49 PM
The Meatball didn't put SadSack in a position to at least avoid Watt on rollouts. It's not like he didn't have a library batted ball film to prepare and scheme from, I'd say going back to our Houston game, but actually all last season since Houston led the league in deflections for '11.

But then again what do you expect? Tony leading Sanchez is a classic case of "the blind leading the bind"

nyjunc
10-09-2012, 02:16 PM
He is a part of the struggles on O. A QB that doesnt make his team mates better, garbage WRs, bad OL, no RB. The entire offense is bad to include the coaching.

and yet we still have 2 wins mainly b/c of the pass O.

FinfanInBuffalo
10-09-2012, 02:44 PM
and yet we still have 2 wins mainly b/c of the pass O.

and three loses mainly because of the pass O. Should be 6-10 by the end of the year.

nyjunc
10-09-2012, 02:48 PM
and three loses mainly because of the pass O. Should be 6-10 by the end of the year.

we didn't lose last night b/c of the pass O, we lost b/c of JJ Watt. we didn't lose to SF b/c of the pass O, we lost b/c we got dominated in all areas.

6-10, that sounds very dolphinish. we'll see.

1972fins
10-09-2012, 03:09 PM
to be fair Tony doesn't have a lot of talent to work with right now. I was livid at brining those Tos and he gets the blame for that but our O struggles are not b/c of the OC.

This is what I saw for the last 3 years of Sporano as the Dolphins HC, Sanchez would get into a groove and out he goes in comes Tebow.
The Jets and the Bills are ****ed because they have bad Head Coaches and ex-head coaches from Miami as coordinators.
Miami doesn't have any big names playing receiver and corner but they have coaching and suddenly these no name guys are doing well, Marshall is gone, with a rookie QB that only started 19 games in college.
Coaching is the difference in New England and now Miami.
Who would have bet that Hartline would lead the NFL in yards, please.

FinfanInBuffalo
10-09-2012, 03:16 PM
we didn't lose last night b/c of the pass O, we lost b/c of JJ Watt. we didn't lose to SF b/c of the pass O, we lost b/c we got dominated in all areas.

6-10, that sounds very dolphinish. we'll see.

Never Sanchez's fault. You'll be singing that tune in Sanchez's ear when he is sitting on the bench in a few weeks.....

Congrats, you are the last standing supporter of Sanchez. You win the prize. There are four non-rookie QBs getting questioned universally by the media and fans alike: Sanchez, Gabbert, Cassel, Fitzpatrick. They all stink.

nyjunc
10-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Never Sanchez's fault. You'll be singing that tune in Sanchez's ear when he is sitting on the bench in a few weeks.....

Congrats, you are the last standing supporter of Sanchez. You win the prize. There are four non-rookie QBs getting questioned universally by the media and fans alike: Sanchez, Gabbert, Cassel, Fitzpatrick. They all stink.

I never said he was blameless but he isn't the main culprit. w/ the injuries on O he doesn't have much help, I can see that but those just looking for great #s cannot.

combined playoff apps of those 4 QBs: ONE
combined playoff wins: NONE
combined wins this year: 4, Sanchez has 2.

Vaark
10-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Combined SB appearances:

Rex Grossman 1
Sanchez 0

Does that make Grossman better or are they merely comparable players?

MadDog 88
10-10-2012, 12:58 AM

6-10, that sounds very dolphinish. we'll see.You lost because of missed opportunities, to include in the passing game, not JJ Watt.

rainmaker1313
10-10-2012, 02:33 AM

I hope not, he always found a way to win and even against us when he was on the Broncos!

nyjunc
10-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Combined SB appearances:

Rex Grossman 1
Sanchez 0

Does that make Grossman better or are they merely comparable players?

Grossman had a better D, played in a weaker conference and needed one home win to reach title game. A 10 win team was a 2 seed in the NFC that year. Chi never won another playoff game w/ Grossman, the Jets have won multiple playoff games(all on road) in multiple years.

Grossman in playoffs:
69-133, 783 yds, 4 TDs, 4 INTs, 2-2 record(both home wins), never had a game where he threw more TDs than INTs

Sanchez in playoffs:
95-157, 1155 yds, 9 TDs, 3 INTs, 4-2 record

You lost because of missed opportunities, to include in the passing game, not JJ Watt.

we lost primarily b/c of JJ Watt. Those 2 tips made the difference. At end of 1st half we would have scored TD to tie at 14, he tips pass it gets picked and instead of being tied we trail by 10. 10 pt swing.

In 2nd half down 9, would have had another TD pass, he tips pass and we settle for FG. 4 pt swing. Total of 14 pt swing on those 2 plays, we lost by 6.

Vaark
10-10-2012, 09:18 AM
we lost
In 2nd half down 9,, we lost .

Cutting to the chase:
stripping out illusory moral victories, dirty cheap shots that take out premier opponent defenders, idiotic offensive time outs and desperation trick and garbage play calls, questionable throws by the least accurate 5 game stretch QB since JaMarcus Russell and the fact that the jest scored 1 more offensive TD in their 5th game against Houston at home on a monday night than did the Fins in their first game in the lion's den with a raw rook under center ...

Another reason why JI is the least delusional major jets forum:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/2jb4gaq-1.jpg

FinfanInBuffalo
10-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Grossman had a better D, played in a weaker conference and needed one home win to reach title game. A 10 win team was a 2 seed in the NFC that year. Chi never won another playoff game w/ Grossman, the Jets have won multiple playoff games(all on road) in multiple years.

Grossman in playoffs:
69-133, 783 yds, 4 TDs, 4 INTs, 2-2 record(both home wins), never had a game where he threw more TDs than INTs

Sanchez in playoffs:

we lost primarily b/c of JJ Watt. Those 2 tips made the difference. At end of 1st half we would have scored TD to tie at 14, he tips pass it gets picked and instead of being tied we trail by 10. 10 pt swing.

In 2nd half down 9, would have had another TD pass, he tips pass and we settle for FG. 4 pt swing. Total of 14 pt swing on those 2 plays, we lost by 6.

Sanchez isn't good enough. Everybody knows it.

nyjunc
10-10-2012, 09:22 AM
who cares what whiny fans say? fans always live in the moment, they never have a vision. It's like you annointing Henne or Sparano, you lived in the moment when they had early success. Doing the same thing w/ Tannehill. What others think has no bearing on what i think.

FinfanInBuffalo
10-10-2012, 09:28 AM
What others think has no bearing on what i think.

Neither does reality. There is a name for that condition....delusional.

Here is the definition of a delusion - A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.

That fits your belief in Sanchez perfectly.

nyjunc
10-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Neither does reality. There is a name for that condition....delusional.

Here is the definition of a delusion - A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.

That fits your belief in Sanchez perfectly.

yet I am correct much more often than not, interesting how that works out.

FinfanInBuffalo
10-10-2012, 09:52 AM

In your own mind at least.....

MadDog 88
10-10-2012, 10:06 AM

Grossman in playoffs:

Sanchez in playoffs:

You lost because Schillens didn't hold onto the onside kick, Sanchez overthrew a wide open Cromartie and Hill dropped the best pass of the night, From Tebow mind you, which was a sure TD. Missed opportunities outweigh your QB letting his passes get deflected.

nyjunc
10-10-2012, 11:23 AM
You lost because Schillens didn't hold onto the onside kick, Sanchez overthrew a wide open Cromartie and Hill dropped the best pass of the night, From Tebow mind you, which was a sure TD. Missed opportunities outweigh your QB letting his passes get deflected.

there are many reasons we lost, the biggest reason was JJ Watt. His 2 tips accounted for a 14 point swing.

MadDog 88
10-10-2012, 11:30 AM
there are many reasons we lost, the biggest reason was JJ Watt. His 2 tips accounted for a 14 point swing.
If you insist on putting it on Sanchez, so be it.

13ktownguy
10-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Now thats delusional!! lol

PhinzN703
10-11-2012, 02:07 PM
who cares what whiny fans say? fans always live in the moment, they never have a vision. It's like you annointing Henne or Sparano, you lived in the moment when they had early success. Doing the same thing w/ Tannehill. What others think has no bearing on what i think.

Why care what fans here say about their hope for Tannehill?

nyjunc
10-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Why care what fans here say about their hope for Tannehill?

I am trying to help, I have seen you guys go nuts over a million different guys only to have your hearts broken. I am trying to help you guys keep a level head.

uk_dolfan
10-12-2012, 10:25 AM
I am trying to help, I have seen you guys go buts over a million different guys only to have your hearts broken. I am trying to help you guys keep a level head.

It must hurt than Tannehill has become a better player in 5 games than Sanchez ever became over several seasons. We understand your frustration.

nyjunc
10-12-2012, 10:37 AM
It must hurt than Tannehill has become a better player in 5 games than Sanchez ever became over several seasons. We understand your frustration.

it does hurt me, I tell myself every moment of every day. I wish we had a QB throwing 2 TDs and 6 INTs, one that fails in every late game critical situation. Why can't we ever get someone like that?

MadDog 88
10-12-2012, 12:00 PM
it does hurt me, I tell myself every moment of every day. I wish we had a QB throwing 2 TDs and 6 INTs, one that fails in every late game critical situation. Why can't we ever get someone like that?
Yea 5 games in which he makes those around him better. 5 games that all the experts have sat up and took notice. 5 games that even Jets fans are acknowledging how good he looks. Meantime, in his 4th year, your boy is the worst QB statistically in the league.

Everything will fall in place over a little time.

uk_dolfan
10-12-2012, 12:34 PM

Lol this comment shows that deep down it really does hurt :)

nyjunc
10-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Yea 5 games in which he makes those around him better. 5 games that all the experts have sat up and took notice. 5 games that even Jets fans are acknowledging how good he looks. Meantime, in his 4th year, your boy is the worst QB statistically in the league.

Everything will fall in place over a little time.

I think 2 TDs and 6 INts is worse than Sanchez's 6 and 6 but putting that aside I do think Ryan has shown he can play. The problem is you guys are acting like he's already a top QB in this league, he's 2-3, thrown 4 more INts than TDs, has struggled mightily in big spots. He's a work in progress.

Over time he could turn out to be great, I am not saying he won't be great but I am not saying he will be either. I want to see him prove it and when he does I'll tip my cap.

Lol this comment shows that deep down it really does hurt :)

if we fade back and you guys beomce consistent winners then it will hurt.

FinfanInBuffalo
10-12-2012, 03:15 PM
has struggled mightily in big spots.

We have a winner in the "exaggeration of the year" contest..... Tell him what he has won Johnny....

4th quarter QB rating:

Tannehill - 91.4
Sanchez - 51.9

Tannehill is a ROOKIE. He is so much better than Sanchez has been at any point in his career.

Vaark
10-12-2012, 05:14 PM

I blame Joe McKnight and the fact that ST didn't try harder to contribute a 2nd TD knowing how impotent an offense featuring a QB with a sub 45% completion percentage and 55 Quarterback Rating (traditional measurement) managing to score 2 offensive TDs in the prior 3 games. Westoff's best jest unit should have tried harder dammnit!

EvilDylan
10-13-2012, 01:11 AM
When you only try to score on running plays when you're in the redzone that might lead to a misleading stat

nyjunc
10-15-2012, 09:30 AM
We have a winner in the "exaggeration of the year" contest..... Tell him what he has won Johnny....

4th quarter QB rating:

Tannehill - 91.4
Sanchez - 51.9

Tannehill is a ROOKIE. He is so much better than Sanchez has been at any point in his career.

again, looking at fantasy stats rather than actually watching games.

Miami has now played 4 close games:

NYJ: set up K for 48 yd Fg in OT on wet grass
Ari: threw INT to set up game winning FG for opponent
Cincy: after Cincy pulled w/in 17-13 in 4th Tannehill had 3 possessiosn to end it or at least make it a TD lead. Failed each time, Miami won b/c the D kept stopping Cincy
SL: after SL pulls w/in 17-14 has chance to end game, would ave given ball bacl to SL w/ 5 mins left but fake punt gets you first down. he gives ball back to SL w/ plenty of time and if SL doesn't totallt screw up their time mgmt late the game at least gets to OT but he gave SL a chance like he did the previous 3 weeks.

This does't show up in ratings.

FinfanInBuffalo
10-15-2012, 12:18 PM
again, looking at fantasy stats rather than actually watching games.

Miami has now played 4 close games:

NYJ: set up K for 48 yd Fg in OT on wet grass
Ari: threw INT to set up game winning FG for opponent
Cincy: after Cincy pulled w/in 17-13 in 4th Tannehill had 3 possessiosn to end it or at least make it a TD lead. Failed each time, Miami won b/c the D kept stopping Cincy
SL: after SL pulls w/in 17-14 has chance to end game, would ave given ball bacl to SL w/ 5 mins left but fake punt gets you first down. he gives ball back to SL w/ plenty of time and if SL doesn't totallt screw up their time mgmt late the game at least gets to OT but he gave SL a chance like he did the previous 3 weeks.

This does't show up in ratings.

You continue to look only at box scores with a biased view. The only fantasy around here is the one in your head where Sanchez is a good QB.

nyjunc
10-15-2012, 04:05 PM
You continue to look only at box scores with a biased view. The only fantasy around here is the one in your head where Sanchez is a good QB.

I've asked over and over again in various threads, please show me the examples of tannheill making big plays at critical times late in games? good luck w/ that. The best thing he has done is get a PI on us late in regulation.

FinfanInBuffalo
10-15-2012, 05:09 PM
I've asked over and over again in various threads, please show me the examples of tannheill making big plays at critical times late in games? good luck w/ that. The best thing he has done is get a PI on us late in regulation.

A 41 yard pass in OT is not a big play?

You can shut the hell up now.

nyjunc
10-16-2012, 09:03 AM
A 41 yard pass in OT is not a big play?

You can shut the hell up now.

threw it behind his WR or he scores a TD and what did he do after that play? gained 5 more yds and set up LONG FG on wet grass. he had a million chances to win that game and failed.

FinfanInBuffalo
10-16-2012, 08:04 PM
threw it behind his WR or he scores a TD and what did he do after that play? gained 5 more yds and set up LONG FG on wet grass. he had a million chances to win that game and failed.

but, but , but..... Face it Sanchez sucks and Tannehill does not and EVERYBODY knows it.

The Jets are screwed for a long time.:chuckle:

It is ridiculous to even be asking these questions about Tannehill. He has only played SIX games. How many times has he done this or that??? Stupid, stupid questions. Every real football analyst (meaning not you) who has looked at Tannehill comes to the same conclusion. He is doing unbelievably well. He is right up there with Luck and RGIII and does not play like a rookie.

Every real football analyst (meaning not you) who has looked at Sanchez comes to the same conclusion. WTF is wrong with this guy. He is not any better than he was as a rookie and that wasn't very good.

Now stop embarrassing yourself.

nyjunc
10-17-2012, 08:48 AM
but, but , but..... Face it Sanchez sucks and Tannehill does not and EVERYBODY knows it.

The Jets are screwed for a long time.:chuckle:

It is ridiculous to even be asking these questions about Tannehill. He has only played SIX games. How many times has he done this or that??? Stupid, stupid questions. Every real football analyst (meaning not you) who has looked at Tannehill comes to the same conclusion. He is doing unbelievably well. He is right up there with Luck and RGIII and does not play like a rookie.

Every real football analyst (meaning not you) who has looked at Sanchez comes to the same conclusion. WTF is wrong with this guy. He is not any better than he was as a rookie and that wasn't very good.

Now stop embarrassing yourself.

the only one embarrassing themself is you as your point was shattered and now you have to resport to attacking me.

I didn't bring up Rayn vs. Mark, you guys are w/ these silly threads acting like he is a top 10 QB in this league. He looks very promising which I have said over and over but so far he has yet to come through in critical, late game situations. Sorry if the facts bother you.

grogan12
10-17-2012, 11:46 AM
the only one embarrassing themself is you as your point was shattered and now you have to resport to attacking me.

I didn't bring up Rayn vs. Mark, you guys are w/ these silly threads acting like he is a top 10 QB in this league. He looks very promising which I have said over and over but so far he has yet to come through in critical, late game situations. Sorry if the facts bother you.

You know what, the basic fact is that Tannehill has looked more like a real NFL QB in his limited handfull of games than the dirty taco has in his 4th year in the League. You can only argue that the boat isn't sinking until everyone is treading water, and guess what, the water is rising quickly.

nyjunc
10-17-2012, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=nyjunc;1064463981]
You know what, the basic fact is that Tannehill has looked more like a real NFL QB in his limited handfull of games than the dirty taco has in his 4th year in the League. You can only argue that the boat isn't sinking until everyone is treading water, and guess what, the water is rising quickly.

you would think you would be more impressed having wacthed him walk into Gillette in the div rd(the rd after the WC rd) and outplay the best QB of this generation.

grogan12
10-17-2012, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE=grogan12;1064464129]

you would think you would be more impressed having wacthed him walk into Gillette in the div rd(the rd after the WC rd) and outplay the best QB of this generation.

Where do the Jets keep the trophy for that game, I heard the Pats keep the Wild card win trophy they got for beating the Jets in one of the broom closets at the stadium.

nyjunc
10-17-2012, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=nyjunc;1064464159]

Where do the Jets keep the trophy for that game, I heard the Pats keep the Wild card win trophy they got for beating the Jets in one of the broom closets at the stadium.

how could anything tannehill has done be more impressive than what sanchez did that day?

FinfanInBuffalo
10-17-2012, 03:34 PM
the only one embarrassing themself is you as your point was shattered

You said name one big play late in a game at a critical time. I quote:

"please show me the examples of tannheill making big plays at critical times late in games? good luck w/ that. The best thing he has done is get a PI on us late in regulation."

A 41 yard pass play in OT fits that perfectly and is much better than a PI call late in regulation. As usual, once you get owned, you try to change the question.

This is why people hate debating with you. You pretend that previous posts didn't happen. I'll give you a tip. Your response to my post about the 41 yard pass play should have been "My bad, that was a big play at a critical time late in a game...." Not the weasel wording you constantly resort to.

nyjunc
10-17-2012, 04:40 PM
You said name one big play late in a game at a critical time. I quote:

"please show me the examples of tannheill making big plays at critical times late in games? good luck w/ that. The best thing he has done is get a PI on us late in regulation."

A 41 yard pass play in OT fits that perfectly and is much better than a PI call late in regulation. As usual, once you get owned, you try to change the question.

This is why people hate debating with you. You pretend that previous posts didn't happen. I'll give you a tip. Your response to my post about the 41 yard pass play should have been "My bad, that was a big play at a critical time late in a game...." Not the weasel wording you constantly resort to.

and it led to a 48 yard FG so again I ask name me a big play?

vs. NYJ: failed late game to lead to win
at Ari: failed late game, set up Ari w/ GW FG after INT
at Cincy: failed late game to put game away, gave Cincy numerous chances. D held.
vs. SL: failed late game to put game away, gave SL nuermous chances. D held.

FinfanInBuffalo
10-17-2012, 05:28 PM
and it led to a 48 yard FG so again I ask name me a big play?

WTF? I'd like to ask you a question about your intelligence but I don't want to break forum rules....

nyjunc
10-18-2012, 08:10 AM
WTF? I'd like to ask you a question about your intelligence but I don't want to break forum rules....

did that "big play" lead to any points? did it lead to a chance at easy points? it led to a near 50 yd FG in the rain on grass so how big was it?

vs. NYJ: failed late game to lead to win
at Ari: failed late game, set up Ari w/ GW FG after INT
at Cincy: failed late game to put game away, gave Cincy numerous chances. D held.
vs. SL: failed late game to put game away, gave SL nuermous chances. D held.

keep deflecting all you want but being as intelligent as you are(or as you think youi are) I think you know the truth.

grogan12
10-18-2012, 09:32 AM

I don't think you have to question his intelligence as it is very clear to everyone, Fin fans, pat fans, even his own Jet fans, as to what he's working with. In about two seconds he's going to start re-defining what a "big play" means. There's are terms for people that fabricate their own reality, one politicians , and the mentally ill.

nyjunc
10-18-2012, 10:03 AM
I don't think you have to question his intelligence as it is very clear to everyone, Fin fans, pat fans, even his own Jet fans, as to what he's working with. In about two seconds he's going to start re-defining what a "big play" means. There's are terms for people that fabricate their own reality, one politicians , and the mentally ill.

thanks vaark.

please explain the difference btw the wild card round and divisional round?

grogan12
10-18-2012, 10:19 AM
thanks vaark.

please explain the difference btw the wild card round and divisional round?

You only prove yourself further the fool by insisting I’m someone I’m not.

nyjunc
10-18-2012, 10:40 AM
You only prove yourself further the fool by insisting I’m someone I’m not.

if you aren't then you guys are really similar and that's not a compliment.

grogan12
10-18-2012, 01:36 PM
if you aren't then you guys are really similar and that's not a compliment.

Well it's fair to say we both seem to be able to spot an unstable fool when we see one, I'd put that in the plus column. :up:

nyjunc
10-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Well it's fair to say we both seem to be able to spot an unstable fool when we see one, I'd put that in the plus column. :up:

you both think you are smarter than you are, you both do nothing but hurl childish insults and neither of you can engage in an intelligent football discussion b/c of bias. I'm pretty confident you are the same person.

grogan12
10-18-2012, 02:06 PM
You are both smarter than me, you both engage in intelligent football discussion that I simply don't understand. I'm pretty confident that everyone I know is laughing at me.

I can't argue with any of that.