PDA

View Full Version : What's Mark Sanchez's Present Market Value?

Vaark
10-10-2012, 05:46 PM
His last 4 games he's been 1-3, with about a 45% completion record (worst since the Ravens starting QB in '99 over 4 straight games), and has the worst first 5 game completion percentage since the great JaMarcus Russell. Given that he's also undeniably had some good games and some competent ones where essentially he stayed out of his offense's way, the question arises:

How much market value can the jets command for this former 5th pick in the here & now?

1st Round Pick or more - acquired to be preemptive starter on some other teams (name teams)

2nd Round Pick - Disappointing but has shown enough to compete for starter job elsewhere (name teams)

3rd Round Pick - Disappointing but maybe salvageable for spot duty and downroad through patience and better coaching

4th Round Pick - What the hell, you never know, right?

5th Round Pick - He'd make a potentially reliable back-up if he can get his head screwed on straight!

6th - 7th Round Pick - Well, he's better than Curtis Painter who's still got a job, right?

Worthless: Between sensitive temperment, sub-standard skill set and poor development he's too far gone to justify the time to correct

Harry_Bagpipe
10-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Ponders better

Vaark
10-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Ponders better

oh ****, i meant "curtis painter".... brainfart.. MODs please change, TIA

uk_dolfan
10-10-2012, 07:08 PM
I wondered about the disrespect for Ponder.

I would say 2 if he got out of new york with less media attention and competent coaching be could do ok. However I wouldnt give more than a 3 for him, damaged goods.

trojanma
10-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Lets see what previous Qb's have gone for.

Kevin Kolb 2nd rounder + Rogers Cromartie
Matt Schaub 2x 2nd rounders
Carson Palmer 1st plus conditional 2nd.
Dante Cullpepper 2nd
Jason Campbell 4th
Matt Cassell 2nd
Obviously the price for Palmer was sheer lunacy that only the Raiders would be stupid enough to do.
Schaub, Cassell and Kolb were relatively unproven backups.
Culpepper and Campbell were coming off bad injuries.

Based on that and despite our misgivings towards Sanchez you think he would at least command a 2nd rounder.
Like it or not he was a 4 year starter and had taken his team to the playoffs.
He is also 25 so only one year older than Tannehill.

Possible targets?
LA expansion franchise(if it happens soon)
KC- though I doubt they will want to invest in another backup.
Seattle- If Wilson and Flynn ultimately fail. In light of
Oakland

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

I also believe that Sanchez needs to get out of NY as soon as possible and find himself a smaller market team.

Locke
10-10-2012, 07:51 PM
I said 4th, but a team could probably be strong-armed into a 3rd, and maybe even a 2nd if desperate enough. QB values are much higher than other positions, so despite a subpar performance in his career so far, I think some team would look at his youth and a few of the times he has flashed and figure with better coaching, maybe they can help him follow Alex Smith's career trajectory. I don't see a team that needs a QB and has that staff in place though. Seattle might be the most likely landing spot, considering the Pete Carrol connection...

jared81
10-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Lets see what previous Qb's have gone for.

Kevin Kolb 2nd rounder + Rogers Cromartie
Matt Schaub 2x 2nd rounders
Carson Palmer 1st plus conditional 2nd.
Dante Cullpepper 2nd
Jason Campbell 4th
Matt Cassell 2nd
Obviously the price for Palmer was sheer lunacy that only the Raiders would be stupid enough to do.
Schaub, Cassell and Kolb were relatively unproven backups.
Culpepper and Campbell were coming off bad injuries.

Based on that and despite our misgivings towards Sanchez you think he would at least command a 2nd rounder.
Like it or not he was a 4 year starter and had taken his team to the playoffs.
He is also 25 so only one year older than Tannehill.

Possible targets?
LA expansion franchise(if it happens soon)
KC- though I doubt they will want to invest in another backup.
Seattle- If Wilson and Flynn ultimately fail. In light of
Oakland

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

I also believe that Sanchez needs to get out of NY as soon as possible and find himself a smaller market team.

this. After seeing my team waste a pick on aj feely I could never see giving more than a 5th rounder for Sanchez. He has regressed and is near the bottom of every major statistic this season. The only thing good he has going is that he is young and coachable.

JCane
10-10-2012, 08:38 PM
This thread reminds me of that Taco Bell commercial.

"59, 79, 99."

$0.59

$0.79

$0.99

Vaark
10-10-2012, 08:41 PM
kanye pls change ponder to Curtis Painter in the choices TIA

FinfanInBuffalo
10-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Why would any team want Sanchez unless they are sure that the Jets have totally screwed up his coaching or have him in the wrong system? It would be different if he had periods of consistent success but he has been bad poor more often than good. Perhaps a reclamation project like Carson Palmer or an injury risk like Brees. You don't bring in Sanchez planning for him to compete for a starting job, therefore you don't give up more than a 5th round pick.

There is not a single starter in the NFL who was previously a 4 year failure on another team.

Spesh
10-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Gotta look at past trades to establish value, and exclude any fluke trades(basically anything the Raiders have done).

Hes not as "blockbuster" as Kevin Kolb or Daunte Culpepper. Kolb was a relative unknown who had potential and Culpepper was a former high performing starter.
Hes not as bust as, say, Trent Green was for us, who we spent a conditional 5th on. Or even a Shaun Hill type situation who went for a 7th.

Steve McNair went for a 4th and id say that sounds about right. Though id have a hard time seeing anyone spend a 4th on a fourth year vet who hasnt lived up to expectations.

Flip Tanneflop
10-10-2012, 10:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsVRj7VvfWc

MadDog 88
10-10-2012, 11:48 PM
5th. Matt Moore has more trade value then Sanchez.

Vaark
10-11-2012, 07:25 AM
5th. Matt Moore has more trade value then Sanchez.

Ted, I would agree except for the perception (misplaced I think) that Sanchez has more upside than Moore.. although Moore would presently make any team a better one that Sanchez. Even though I started the poll, I'm still twixt and tween between "4th" and "5th" round value .. cause actually I'd be pissed if Moore, who an argument can be made that he's presently the 3rd best QB in the division, goes for anything less than a 4th.

So although as the 6th round option I meant "Painter" (whom the jest are so proud of beating in the second half of game 15 in 09), I will continue to "ponder" this myself. :up:

Harry_Bagpipe
10-11-2012, 07:55 AM
His ridiculous contract makes him borderline untradeable. It's not just giving up the pick, it's taking on all that salary. No way.

MadDog 88
10-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Ted, I would agree except for the perception (misplaced I think) that Sanchez has more upside than Moore.. although Moore would presently make any team a better one that Sanchez. Even though I started the poll, I'm still twixt and tween between "4th" and "5th" round value .. cause actually I'd be pissed if Moore, who an argument can be made that he's presently the 3rd best QB in the division, goes for anything less than a 4th.

So although as the 6th round option I meant "Painter" (whom the jest are so proud of beating in the second half of game 15 in 09), I will continue to "ponder" this myself. :up:

I took into account that the Chiefs may be in the market for a QB and I would be willing to bet they would rather take Moore. Call it a hunch if you want, but outside of them, neither will get more then a 5th IMHO.

MadDog 88
10-11-2012, 11:25 AM
His ridiculous contract makes him borderline untradeable. It's not just giving up the pick, it's taking on all that salary. No way.
Good point. He is owed 12 mil next season and counts as 17 mil in dead money. That is fraud, waste and abuse if I have ever seen it.

spiketex
10-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Jacksonville will be looking for a QB. Gabbert looks like he's the first of the young highly drafted QBs to be a bust. He looks so bad that it won't be too long before Henne gets tapped on the shoulder and they see what the Robot has to offer. The Jags may well be in the running for Barkley but a 4 playoff game winner like Sanchez could be given an opportunity in Jax.

Harry_Bagpipe
10-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Jacksonville will be looking for a QB. Gabbert looks like he's the first of the young highly drafted QBs to be a bust. He looks so bad that it won't be too long before Henne gets tapped on the shoulder and they see what the Robot has to offer. The Jags may well be in the running for Barkley but a 4 playoff game winner like Sanchez could be given an opportunity in Jax.

Shonn green has more playoff wind than mjd. Maybe they should pick him up to. Heck. Rex grossman made it to the Super Bowl. That's who Jax should really go after

uk_dolfan
10-11-2012, 03:07 PM

Pretty sure long term a different Jets QB will be their franchise QB. Isnt he a local? And dont they need to sell tickets? Makes sense to me.

Vaark
10-11-2012, 04:45 PM
A Jets Fan From JI's objective analytical comparative graphic analysis of Sanchez

interesting work ups (and damning) Again, why JetsInsider has the lowest proportion of blind homers who are still avid fans:
http://nyjetscap.com/2012_Articles/sanchezpercentage.php
http://nyjetscap.com/2012_Articles/sanchezYPC.php

Haven't verified these numbers so take it for what it's worth, but this is from another JI poster:
Sanchez has never gone 5 consecutive games where he completed more than
52% of his passes.

Sanchez has never gone 5 consecutive games where he had 5 games with a
QB rating above 60

Sanchez has never gone 5 consecutive games where he threw 200 yards

Harry_Bagpipe
10-11-2012, 05:13 PM
A Jets Fan From JI's objective analytical comparative graphic analysis of Sanchez

interesting work ups (and damning) Again, why JetsInsider has the lowest proportion of blind homers who are still avid fans:
http://nyjetscap.com/2012_Articles/sanchezpercentage.php
http://nyjetscap.com/2012_Articles/sanchezYPC.php

Haven't verified these numbers so take it for what it's worth, but this is from another JI poster:
Sanchez has never gone 5 consecutive games where he completed more than
52% of his passes.

Sanchez has never gone 5 consecutive games where he had 5 games with a
QB rating above 60

Sanchez has never gone 5 consecutive games where he threw 200 yards

good stuff. Jetsnation is pretty realistic too. Just about all of them there think Sanchez is awful

Vaark
10-12-2012, 10:27 AM
good stuff. Jetsnation is pretty realistic too. Just about all of them there think Sanchez is awful

Its's ironic isn't it that we're "blessed" with the full-court presence of the most homeristic poster from the most delusional jets forum of the 3, isn't it?

fishfanmiami
10-12-2012, 10:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsVRj7VvfWc

Sounds like Cypress Hill :chuckle:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/funny4-1.gif

And Mark Sanchez

Harry_Bagpipe
10-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Its's ironic isn't it that we're "blessed" with the full-court presence of the most homeristic poster from the most delusional jets forum of the 3, isn't it?

I would be lying if I said there hasn't been more than one occasion where I've actually lol'd in real life with the stuff he's come up with. It's kinda like that nutty uncle who no one wants to sit next to at the family reunion but whose absurdness actually cuts through some of the monotony. Not sure if I'd miss the little guy if he left but I find it intriguing, amazing, baffling and downright hilarious at times to see what people can convince themselves of when their entire thought process is completely based on emotion rather than rational thought

Vaark
10-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Sounds like Cypress Hill :chuckle:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/funny4-1.gif

And Mark Sanchez

thanks fishy for my new sig

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/2d0yty0-1.jpg

Vaark
10-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Okay, despite that Sanchez's biggest, most vacuum-visioned fluffer keeps maintaining I'm a non-objective homer, I'm gonna prove that ASSumption wrong by voting sincerely that I believe Taco could make a good, reliable back-up providing he can get his head on straight - so indeed he's worth a 5th round pick. I could have as easily said he's Curtis Painter-like or worthless at this point just to be arbitrary but that's not what I really believe. :idk:

Then again, for years I've been maintaining that the difference between Sanchez and Henne is the cast of characters, especially the OL that either had to deal with, and of course that no matter whatever else you may say about Chad, at least his testicles have dropped. So objectively speaking I think those two are worth about the same value with about the same upside, although IMO, neither one of them comes close to Matt Moore either from a fundamental nor intangible standpoint.

Mike8272
10-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Could be anything from a 3rd round pick to a 5th round pick. Depends how generous, or desperate, the other teams general manager is. The guy isn't a great QB, but he could be a dependable backup QB, and someone may want that. Unlikely though.

FinfanInBuffalo
10-13-2012, 07:43 AM
Could be anything from a 3rd round pick to a 5th round pick. Depends how generous, or desperate, the other teams general manager is. The guy isn't a great QB, but he could be a dependable backup QB, and someone may want that. Unlikely though.

If he isn't a dependable starter, why would he be a dependable backup? That is the problem with Sanchez. He is too inconsistent. He also doesn't seem to have the mental makeup to be a backup.

randomname
10-13-2012, 09:57 AM

This. I think the Jets would have to give up a draft pick of their own just to get rid of him.

where's th'fish
10-13-2012, 08:28 PM
I'm pretty sure that, when the time comes, Sanchez will be released, not traded. That would put his trade value at zero. Whether he eventually turns into a capable backup, or even starter, years down the line, who knows.

But seriously, some of the posters saying Sanchez is worth something have me wondering. Would you actually prefer Sanchez starting on the Dolphins over, say, David Garrard? I don't get it. Why on earth would you?

Adam First
10-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Go the Joey Harrington route - he'll likely go for a late round draft choice (5th or later) to a team whose quarterback situation is questionable.

DisturbedShifty
10-13-2012, 08:49 PM
I already posted this in the Jets photoshop thread. But I figured it would work here too...

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Just found this one:

metalman32060
10-14-2012, 10:25 AM
I would give a moldy turkey sandwich and maybe a twix bar, provided I get a 6th back. I believe 4th year in the league and way to inconsistent. Don't think you can fix his acuracy problems if they haven't been fixed by now. Of course Sporano is probably blowing air raid sirens at him now a days so maybe there is hope for him :crazy:

DphinBillkiller
10-14-2012, 12:23 PM
I went with the worthess option lol.

Quadfather
10-15-2012, 04:17 PM
In all honesty this guy really perplexes me..He can go 0-8 and then rip off 4 passes of 20 yards in a row. I think he could have been a good QB, but hes lost all confidence, hes broken. Maybe hell have an Alex Smith path...I dont know. But seriously I would rather have Chad Henne than Sanchez..I thought henne got a bad rep. Hed never be on the same plane as Tannehill, but put some decent weapons around him and give him an O-coord who actually knows what hes doing, he could be a Jim Miller journyman qb. I think the wait for Tannehill will be worth it though..at least we didnt use the 6th overall pick on henne...

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

so 7th maybe for sanchiz,

Panino
10-15-2012, 06:07 PM
Worthless, maybe some crumbs. Sanchez stinks.

J. David Wannyheimer
10-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Why would anyone trade for him? He'll be cheaply available when the Jets cut ties with him after 2013.

jetsknicks1
10-16-2012, 01:36 PM
]In all honesty this guy really perplexes me..He can go 0-8 and then rip off 4 passes of 20 yards in a row. I think he could have been a good QB, but hes lost all confidence,[/B] hes broken. Maybe hell have an Alex Smith path...I dont know. But seriously I would rather have Chad Henne than Sanchez..I thought henne got a bad rep. Hed never be on the same plane as Tannehill, but put some decent weapons around him and give him an O-coord who actually knows what hes doing, he could be a Jim Miller journyman qb. I think the wait for Tannehill will be worth it though..at least we didnt use the 6th overall pick on henne...

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

so 7th maybe for sanchiz,I agree with this. I'm not sure if he'll ever be a "Very good" NFL QB but the Jets haven't really done him any favors. From constantly changing his WR corps to bringing in Tebow, our FO has really messed with his head.

Vaark
10-17-2012, 02:11 PM

Born to be free
10-20-2012, 02:51 AM
His last 4 games he's been 1-3, with about a 45% completion record (worst since the Ravens starting QB in '99 over 4 straight games), and has the worst first 5 game completion percentage since the great JaMarcus Russell. Given that he's also undeniably had some good games and some competent ones where essentially he stayed out of his offense's way, the question arises:

How much market value can the jets command for this former 5th pick in the here & now?

1st Round Pick or more - acquired to be preemptive starter on some other teams (name teams)

2nd Round Pick - Disappointing but has shown enough to compete for starter job elsewhere (name teams)

3rd Round Pick - Disappointing but maybe salvageable for spot duty and downroad through patience and better coaching

4th Round Pick - What the hell, you never know, right?

5th Round Pick - He'd make a potentially reliable back-up if he can get his head screwed on straight!

6th - 7th Round Pick - Well, he's better than Curtis Painter who's still got a job, right?

Worthless: Between sensitive temperment, sub-standard skill set and poor development he's too far gone to justify the time to correct

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/Movinganimatedpictureofmonkeyeatingbanan-1.gif

Markcalius
10-20-2012, 09:59 AM
The only way Sanchez warrants trading a pick of any kind is if a GM thinks that he might flourish in another system and turn into a serious QB. I personally can't see that happening. Like Henne, Sanchez was not an instant bust, but it doesn't matter how skilled a failed QB is, he is simply a failed QB. One fatal flaw is all it takes. If a GM knows a QB can't take his team all the way, and the QB doesn't have some kind of athleticism to play multiple roles while also filling the backup QB role, then you don't give a 4th through 7th, you take him out of free agency.

Can you imagine the Dolphins trading a 5th for a QB that you know is not going to challenge for a starting role at this point?

silverfin
12-19-2012, 10:18 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/sanchise-jets-ready-shop-sanchez-qbs-source-article-1.1223973

Well it looks like we may be about to find out.

I'll be very surprised if they get anything of value for him. Infact, I can't see any teams wanting to trade for him with that money he is due. That's saying something too, given the # of teams that need a QB.

phins_4_ever
12-19-2012, 10:24 PM
These picks are the picks the Jets have to give the other team to take Sanchez right?
There is no way that any team wants less than a first or 2nd rounder to take Sanchez.

:3w:

MadDog 88
12-20-2012, 02:10 AM
I want to change my vote from 5th round pick to worthless. Guy does not have the intestinal fortitude needed to be a leader or NFL QB.

KTOWNFINFAN
12-20-2012, 03:02 AM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8761852

Things might not be great around here but they aren't as bad as they are in jetland. Just waiting for Junc to show up and tell how lucky some NFL team is going to be next year to pick up the next league MVP.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen much of ol Junc lately, hmmm. Wonder why??

J. David Wannyheimer
12-20-2012, 03:02 AM
These picks are the picks the Jets have to give the other team to take Sanchez right?
There is no way that any team wants less than a first or 2nd rounder to take Sanchez.

:3w:

You're laughing, but I think there's some merit to this. New York wants to offload his contract, badly. It might be worth throwing in a draft pick to get rid of him.

I mean seriously, if the Jets offered Mark Sanchez and a fourth round pick right now for the 53rd player on any other team's roster, I'm willing to bet that they still might not find a taker simply due to his awful, awful contract.

This could be the first trade in NFL history where a team trades a player and a draft pick in exchange for, I don't know, stocking the vending machines in the training facility for a year?

rent this space
12-20-2012, 03:11 AM
The best part is absolutely no one will trade for him...

OyeDale305
12-20-2012, 03:13 AM
i heard McDonalds are hiring

sinPHIN
12-20-2012, 03:15 AM
haha love it. the only team i could see trade for him is maybe the chiefs... nope nevermind they will get barkley

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

i heard McDonalds are hiring
i wouldnt let that turd make my burger

dlockz
12-20-2012, 03:17 AM
I will celebrate the Jets demise more when we are actually better than them and not running neck and neck

Vertical Limit
12-20-2012, 03:23 AM
We aren't really neck to neck with them cause Tannehill is already a better prospect than Sanchez ever was. Hell even Henne was better, I'm shocked Sparano didn't bring Henne to NY with him, Henne is still a decent quarterback, which is better than complete suck like Sanchez is.

dlockz
12-20-2012, 03:27 AM
We aren't really neck to neck with them cause Tannehill is already a better prospect than Sanchez ever was. Hell even Henne was better, I'm shocked Sparano didn't bring Henne to NY with him, Henne is still a decent quarterback, which is better than complete suck like Sanchez is.

Jets 6-8
dolphins 6-8

Its all about team, The jets still made two conference championhips with Sanchez while we havent had a winning season since 2008 so like I said when we start winning I will celebrate their demise.

Pinkboy
12-20-2012, 03:55 AM
lets win a damn playoff game first before we crown ourselves with anything

dlockz
12-20-2012, 04:05 AM
lets win a damn playoff game first before we crown ourselves with anything

oR At the very least have a winning season or a non losing season

FinfanInBuffalo
12-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Jets 6-8
dolphins 6-8

Its all about team, The jets still made two conference championhips with Sanchez while we havent had a winning season since 2008 so like I said when we start winning I will celebrate their demise.

You at least have to acknowledge that the teams are moving in opposite directions. I will celebrate the demise of the Jets regardless of the plight of the Dolphins. I hate the Jets that much.

nyjunc
12-20-2012, 09:25 AM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8761852

Things might not be great around here but they aren't as bad as they are in jetland. Just waiting for Junc to show up and tell how lucky some NFL team is going to be next year to pick up the next league MVP.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen much of ol Junc lately, hmmm. Wonder why??

maybe b/c you haven't been around? I've been here every day(week day) like always.

If Sanchez wasn't a big cap hit they'd be able to trade for him, some smart team w/ a good offensive system will turn him around and win w/ him, but it's going to be difficult. I think our best bet is brigning in a moderatly priced vet(think jason Campbell/Kyle orton from last offseason) to compete w/ Mark- a REAL competition not some Tebow fake competition. if he wins he's got his last chance, if not he holds a clipboard for a year and we release him.

cbreeden
12-20-2012, 09:55 AM
maybe b/c you haven't been around? I've been here every day(week day) like always.

If Sanchez wasn't a big cap hit they'd be able to trade for him, some smart team w/ a good offensive system will turn him around and win w/ him, but it's going to be difficult. I think our best bet is brigning in a moderatly priced vet(think jason Campbell/Kyle orton from last offseason) to compete w/ Mark- a REAL competition not some Tebow fake competition. if he wins he's got his last chance, if not he holds a clipboard for a year and we release him.

And if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their ass on the ground every time they jumped! Dude, you have a hard time staying in reality!!! Let's just say for the sake of argument (and it will be) the contract is only half as bad as it is.....that still does not make up for the consistent bad play, bad decision making, lack of leadership skills and a lack of confidence. I don't think the Chiefs would go for him now even if the Jets offered to pay ALL his salary AND give a pick. Sachez will hold a clipboard and be cut....unless of course, there is another team more stupid than the Jets to offer a contract to a broke-dick QB.

grogan12
12-20-2012, 10:10 AM

You really canít be this clueless can you? The dirty taco canít read defenses, has awful accuracy problems, mediocre arm strength a best, and worst of all he has absolutely no heart and passion for the game. All the other things can be overcome to degree if a player has heart and passion, but without that, itís over. The Jets will do whatever it takes to move him, they know they canít ever bring him back as an 8 plus million back up. Youíre going to have to face the facts, he sucks and itís done. The law of averages proves, and history backs it up, that for every 1st round QB that becomes a franchise player, one doesnít, the Jets picked poorly, and time for you to deal with reality.

Bumpus
12-20-2012, 10:13 AM

A smart team wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

DphinBillkiller
12-20-2012, 10:39 AM
Dang, I hope they don't trade Sanchez. We have all these funny pics and .gifs of him in a Jest uniform. :lol2:

Vaark
12-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Best case scenario..they sign the China Doll Vick and keep Taco as his back-up

AphexPhin
12-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Damn it. I want Sanchez to stay with the Jets FOREVER.

Bumpus
12-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Well, I already traded the washing machine for Monix ...
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/12/semipro2-1.jpg
Maybe I could part with last night's used condoms for Sanchez.

MadDog 88
12-20-2012, 02:30 PM

Smart teams already have their back up in place. A stupid team may be willing to pay 1 mil for him to be a back up leaving the Jets still responsible for 16.9 mil, which goes against the cap. The Dolphins have had a terrible front office for a decade but not only does Sanchez's extension surpass any stupid move the Dolphins made, you would be hard pressed to find a more moronic decision in the NFL.

The New Guy
12-20-2012, 03:31 PM
maybe b/c you haven't been around? I've been here every day(week day) like always..

You have been here, but you haven't been posting as much as you usually do ever since Sanchez got benched. Maybe it is just a coincidence?

I have a questions for you. Did Tennessee eliminate the Jets from the playoffs?

cbreeden
12-20-2012, 03:54 PM
You have been here, but you haven't been posting as much as you usually do ever since Sanchez got benched. Maybe it is just a coincidence?

No, Mark "Dirty Taco" Sanchez did with his 5 turnovers!! :lol:

MoFinz
12-20-2012, 04:13 PM
How about a gatorade bucket, a down marker and a box of extra small jock straps

nyjunc
12-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Smart teams already have their back up in place. A stupid team may be willing to pay 1 mil for him to be a back up leaving the Jets still responsible for 16.9 mil, which goes against the cap. The Dolphins have had a terrible front office for a decade but not only does Sanchez's extension surpass any stupid move the Dolphins made, you would be hard pressed to find a more moronic decision in the NFL.

you know things change from year to year, right? injuries, contracts expire, etc...

How can singing Sanchez to an extension be worse than trading 2 1sts for Ricky Williams, Daunte Culpeppers, Trent Green, AJ Feely, ...? This would only hurt us for 1 year, those guys hurt you for many years and at least this guy helped us win 4 playoff games while you won ZERO w/ those guys.

I have probably been posting less since you stopped posting your nonsense. that seems to take up most of my time here.

No, the Jets eliminated themselves.

It just sucks to be a Jet fan, I wish I was a dolphin b/c they always have such a bright future:lol:

Vaark
12-21-2012, 10:19 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/05/4kjk9f-1.jpg

How can singing Sanchez to an extension be worse than trading 2 1sts for Ricky Williams, Daunte Culpeppers, Trent Green, AJ Feely, .

More passive aggressive bull****; yeah, we screwed up on Dulpepper and the fragility of Green, but with the possible exception of Feely, the 3 you mentioned are more than twice the players Sanchez ever was - or will be.....- and even on the Feely clusterfork, there was more hopeful expectation going in than based on Sanchez being one of the worst QBs in the league the last 4 years and presently just about worthless unless they stretch the age restrictions in Pop Warner. So it's not apples to apples.

Flip Tanneflop
12-21-2012, 10:22 AM
His contract is going to make a trade more difficult. The fact that teams know the Jests will cut him if they have to will also hurt any trade value. Considering those factors means he likely wont get the Jests as much as what they would get for him otherwise.

Im guessing some team will come off of some kind of compensation to prevent Sanchez from hitting the market and being able to sign with one of the other 2 or 3 teams who may be interested. But, these teams may also think it might be worth letting him hit the market because then they could sign him at a much cheaper price than what his current contract will pay him next season.

Its difficult to say for those reasons. I know there wont be more than 3 or 4 teams with interest. Im sure there are teams desperate for a QB though who feels like they might be able to turn things around for him. The fact that there simply arent many options in the draft this year helps Sanchez out.

Maybe a 4th rounder. Maybe. Perhaps a 3rd, but thats probably the max. If a team with a stadium and/or practice facility with a lot of trees around making for extra leaf blowing duties during the season is interested, they may be willing to part with a pick for him.

Vaark
12-21-2012, 10:32 AM
His contract is going to make a trade more difficult. The fact that teams know the Jests will cut him if they have to will also hurt any trade value. Considering those factors means he likely wont get the Jests as much as what they would get for him otherwise.

Im guessing some team will come off of some kind of compensation to prevent Sanchez from hitting the market and being able to sign with one of the other 2 or 3 teams who may be interested. But, these teams may also think it might be worth letting him hit the market because then they could sign him at a much cheaper price than what his current contract will pay him next season.

Its difficult to say for those reasons. I know there wont be more than 3 or 4 teams with interest. Im sure there are teams desperate for a QB though who feels like they might be able to turn things around for him. The fact that there simply arent many options in the draft this year helps Sanchez out.

Maybe a 4th rounder. Maybe. Perhaps a 3rd, but thats probably the max. If a team with a stadium and/or practice facility with a lot of trees around making for extra leaf blowing duties during the season is interested, they may be willing to part with a pick for him.

Sanchez has become so synonymous with "inept joke" and "fail" in the media that I cannot see a team consider bringing him in to energize the fanbase, like a Jacksonville, or Arizona. I can see a team with a rabid fan base and a great or promising QB handing him a clipboard like Seattle if they trade Flynn who actually has market value, or maybe Washington if they trade Cousins (doubtful because of RG3's fragility). Note that despite the inevitable Alex Smith moving on, I didn't include SF cause Harbaugh played the position, doesn't suffer fools lightly and is smart enough to know that there are more promising, mentally-though and defensive reading-capable reclamation projects out there.

cbreeden
12-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Sanchez has become so synonymous with "inept joke" and "fail" in the media that I cannot see a team consider bringing him in to energize the fanbase, like a Jacksonville, or Arizona. I can see a team with a rabid fan base and a great or promising QB handing him a clipboard like Seattle if they trade Flynn who actually has market value, or maybe Washington if they trade Cousins (doubtful because of RG3's fragility). Note that despite the inevitable Alex Smith moving on, I didn't include SF cause Harbaugh played the position, doesn't suffer fools lightly and is smart enough to know that there are more promising, mentally-though and defensive reading-capable reclamation projects out there.

As bad as the QB woes are here in AZ I have no doubt the Cards would take a chance on the taco, they're just not affluent enough to pay that amount of $$ for another bad QB (where's Dovah when you need him!); the Skins already have an inept backup (Grossman) and even Pete C would not bring that lack of talent to a team that's on the rise. Totally agree on SF observation as Smith, who is a MUCH better QB than Sanchez has already been benched in favor of Kaepernick.

NY8123
12-21-2012, 12:58 PM
I'd give you a bag of corn chips, some queso dip and maybe a shot of mezcal but nothing more.

The New Guy
12-21-2012, 01:24 PM
I have probably been posting less since you stopped posting your nonsense. that seems to take up most of my time here.

Funny, you took the words right out of my mouth. :chuckle:

No, the Jets eliminated themselves.

Are you sure that they weren't already out of it before they eliminated themselves?

It just sucks to be a Jet fan, I wish I was a dolphin b/c they always have such a bright future:lol:

Not always, but it is clear right now which team has a brighter future. Who knows though, maybe McElroy will be the next Brady.:lol2:

DisturbedShifty
12-22-2012, 06:59 PM

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

Harry_Bagpipe
12-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Sanchez's trade value. A concise breakdown

http://www.sportspickle.com/opinion/14997/what-all-31-other-nfl-teams-would-give-the-jets-for-mark-sanchez-in-a-trade

DisturbedShifty
12-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Sanchez's trade value. A concise breakdown

http://www.sportspickle.com/opinion/14997/what-all-31-other-nfl-teams-would-give-the-jets-for-mark-sanchez-in-a-trade

The Bengals would be lying to the Jets. Gingers don't have souls.

Also, the Giants one is the best one. Lol.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

MadDog 88
12-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Does a bucket of vomit have value?

Vaark
12-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Realistically speaking, if I had created this poll now instead of approximately some 10 weeks back, my first choice would have been the 5th round going down as I don't know of any team in their right mind who'd trade a higher pick - not even factoring in that albatross of a salary the BeanCounter gifted him - unless an inducement like Cromartie or Mangold were part of the package.

I maybe could an egomaniac like Pete Carroll going ahead and trading Matt Flynn and something like a 4th rounder for Sanchez and Mangold thinking he can show off by again fixing The Buttfumbler and turning him into a decent clipboard holder.