PDA

View Full Version : BENCH REGGIE, and SKIP THOMAS

jtrose70
10-14-2012, 02:12 PM
We need a friggin running game. Bush is mediocre at best, and Thomas flat out sucks. Let Smith run the damned ball, Bush do what he has his whole career (catch out of the backfield), and dump Thomas for a receiver.

Show Me Your TDs
10-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Smith?

Dolphins7273
10-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Lamar Smith has been lost since 2001, sir...

jtrose70
10-14-2012, 02:15 PM
Sorry Miller, brain fart

Dolfan23
10-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Que Reggie to have a huge 2nd half...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

KnifeOfTheDead
10-14-2012, 02:35 PM
You're judging that on just a few offensive plays today? That Ram's defense is actually pretty good and they've been blitzing damn near every down. Don't blame the running backs, Bush has looked pretty good this year.

Kistner10
10-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Trollss.....

Reggie has been awesome for us since he's arrived. Also, great blitz pickup by him that led to a TD so he is still finding ways to help this team even when he's not running well.

tazthenomad
10-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Sorry Miller, brain fart

Miller has proven nothing yet and Bush has been anything but mediocre for the last season plus. I don't get it - Miller had a decent college season but for some reason (all the U of M fans?) there are several posts that say he's ready to replace Bush.

Mayhem3001
10-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Reggie has played his butt off all year for us. This isn't his fault.

DolphinFan87
10-14-2012, 02:45 PM
lolol. Couple weeks bush does great and people make threads saying sign bush to an extension! God forbid he has a bad 1st half and he is mediocre? Players have bad games, not everyone can be elite on every single game. Even AP has bad games. Arian Foster has had bad games. Even the great Barry Sanders has had horrible games.

dolfan19
10-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Reggie looked pretty d--- good on that last drive. haha!

wonderl33t
10-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Bush's knee has him playing timid IMO. He'll be back to form once he's healthy.

jtrose70
10-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Reggie looked pretty d--- good on that last drive. haha!

Yes, receiving. He has been good for us, as he has been his entire career, AS A RECEIVER. He is NOT a true running back. But, time will tell. I will refer back to this post at a later date, when my point has been proven.

jtrose70
10-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Que Reggie to have a huge 2nd half...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

LMAO. He really put it away for us. What a stud.

SpurzN703
10-14-2012, 04:17 PM
LMAO. He really put it away for us. What a stud.

We need more than 9.5 posts a year from hall of famers like you. Please post more.

natetherock
10-14-2012, 04:22 PM
you should have posted this after he ran for 172yds. Very easy to call the guy out after a bad game but where was this thread when he had the team on his back

CalDolFan1014
10-14-2012, 04:23 PM
:bobdole:

Billk78
10-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Cant believe Im giving in to this....but Reggie really didnt get many carries today, and when he did he ran well when he had room to run. That jump to try to get the first down was all guts.

WVDolphan
10-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Where the **** do these threads come from?

jtrose70
10-14-2012, 04:47 PM
We need more than 9.5 posts a year from hall of famers like you. Please post more.

I'll try to waste more of my time running my yap, to get my post count up like you. Maybe then, I will qualify as informed.

jtrose70
10-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Where the **** do these threads come from?

From the fact that we barely friggin win every week, if we do win, with a suckass running game, and nobody making adjustments or changes to said running game.

Uruguayfinfan
10-14-2012, 04:51 PM
wawawiwi...:ponder::err: i guess we've watched 6 different games from Reggie. He's really good and i looove seeing him touch the football as a RB! Don't know where you get he's mediocre at best.:idk:

Billk78
10-14-2012, 04:53 PM
I'll try to waste more of my time running my yap, to get my post count up like you. Maybe then, I will qualify as informed.

Has nothing to do with the post count. The fact that you said we should start Lamar Smith completely ruined your credibility in the first post.

datruth55
10-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Sorry Miller, brain fart
That ain't all you farted with that post.

TarHeelFinFan
10-14-2012, 05:20 PM
I'll try to waste more of my time running my yap, to get my post count up like you. Maybe then, I will qualify as informed. Maybe, because you certainly don't qualify as informed right now.

jtrose70
10-14-2012, 05:44 PM
Opinions are like *******s. This happens to be mine. It doesn't make any of you more informed or intelligent just because I made a typo. So. I will shove my opinion up my ass, and you all can do the same. Because at the heart of this entire website is a bunch of wannabe's that flame anything they don't agree with, and then try to degrade the person they disagree with. So laugh at my typo, ignore my opinion, your's is the only correct one, afterall. Personally, I don't really give a rat's ass what other people think, hence the horrible 9.5 posts per year. So flame away. I will cya in about 1.2 months.

phinasota
10-14-2012, 05:49 PM
We need a friggin running game. Bush is mediocre at best, and Thomas flat out sucks. Let Smith run the damned ball, Bush do what he has his whole career (catch out of the backfield), and dump Thomas for a receiver.

Are you effin kidding me? One game against a good D and this is how you act? I guess all those other games where he pretty much carried our offense doesnt matter anymore right? Unbelievable

Regulus
10-14-2012, 06:01 PM
Thread should be deleted. Waste of space

xXpHINSXx133454
10-14-2012, 06:06 PM
I think reggie is injured.. but the guy plays with heart every play... did you see that hurdle-rama by resh? big time clutch play. And once again reggie fortitude is in open space tho hes been running very good all year. Once he is 100%, im sure we'll have more screen plays 4 him later on the season, and multiple back looks with him lining up in the slot. We've scratched the surface so far with mr.bush...

Thumper1016
10-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Bench Reggie now way. We need a power back to compliment him and be able to handle hard runs up the middle. Imo We need to use reggie more at WR to get him space.

Thumper1016
10-14-2012, 06:22 PM
As far as Daniel Thomas is concerned I'm still hoping he will pan out and get it together, but his fumbling concerns me.

whizafriz
10-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Haha I opened this thread expecting to see OP as Red.
I was right :)

No reason to drop Bush, At All. Thomas you could make a case for getting rid of. He's not really worth the value we paid for him.

FinHopeful
10-14-2012, 06:36 PM

Foolish, reactionary, .... Bush is a very important component of this team. Your anger should be directed at the offensive line.

PeterNorth
10-15-2012, 02:30 AM
Bush has been dancing and running East/West a bit much lately, but I get the feeling that is largely attributable to his knee being banged up and the O-line often being handled at the line of scrimmage. I'll be honest. I was never much of a fan of Reggie. When Ireland acquired him from New Orleans I groaned at the thought of him being the every down back here. He really won me over down the stretch last year, though. He runs very hard and is a much tougher guy and harder worker than I had realized. I think he is very valuable to this team, both on the field and as a locker room leader. I'm still iffy about giving him a big money extension but the dude is really playing his balls off, so it's hard to ask/expect much more out of him.
This place is so knee-jerk about everything, to near comical levels a lot of the time. People that have absolutely zero business opining on anything let alone football feel the need to chime in their two cents worth. There are countless numbers of people on this site who cannot even put together a comprehensible sentence, yet they seemingly expect others to give weight to their thoughts and opinions. It is ridiculous. I would wager that there are even a bunch of people on here who don't even watch the actual games but rather look at highlights and stat sheets and try to deduce things from them. Bush didn't rush for a ton of yards today but he had some very nice runs on a day in which absolutely nothing was given to him by that feisty Rams defense. On some level, I guess the reactionary backlash makes sense, though, from the perspective of a very rudimentary thinker. Everyone is so giddy about Tannehill right now (rightfully so), which means that there is probably some transference going on. Since no one is going to be clamoring for the backup QB to get playing time right now, I guess running back is the next place for them to look.

MexDolfan
10-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Opinions are like *******s. This happens to be mine. It doesn't make any of you more informed or intelligent just because I made a typo. So. I will shove my opinion up my ass, and you all can do the same. Because at the heart of this entire website is a bunch of wannabe's that flame anything they don't agree with, and then try to degrade the person they disagree with. So laugh at my typo, ignore my opinion, your's is the only correct one, afterall. Personally, I don't really give a rat's ass what other people think, hence the horrible 9.5 posts per year. So flame away. I will cya in about 1.2 months.
Let me start by saying I don't see any reason to use bad words.
This should be a peaceful place to use our brains and hearts to express about football. Not a jetsesque forum where every single message should be banned for decent publishing.

That said, Lamar Miller (not Smith) is a talent and surely can gain important yards with basic run plays, but in order to help this team, Miami needs more of him.
A good WCO running back needs to know about passing routes, blocking schemes and of course running plays. Lamar is well behind on playbook knowledge and this bye week is going to be very helpful for him.
Please don't misunderstand things, I'm not saying he won't be a great RB, all he needs is a supportive environment and lower pressure over him.

Now after clarifying about Lamar, let's talk about Reggie and the rest of our RB, and there are three things to notice.

First, you won't read it anywhere as no coach will admit it publicly, but none of our RB handles the playbook at designed level by Sherman.
In fact this is a work in progress and it won't surprise me to see a different style of running offense at Metlife Stadium. I mean Reggie Bush, Daniel Thomas, Lamar Miller and Marcus Thigpen should show at least one different page of the playbook facing NY Jets.

Second our most proven guys are hurt.
It's week 6 and Daniel Thomas has suffered a pair of contusions, while Reggie is playing hurt nursing a knee injury. So it's impressive seeing Reggie on the field when it's obvious he's not 100% healthy. Somebody at this forum expressed the need to rest him in order to recover his previous level, but without Thomas, that was a luxury Dolphins can afford. Well after Rams' game, Bush deserves and will have plenty of rest for a week. Give him a spa treatment and the best rehab nurses for him & Daniel Thomas.

Third Rams D-line was no joke.
They arrived to Miami with a 3-2 record based on their intense defense with talent at every spot. Their front-7 outplayed Dolphins' O-line closing any running line, so Reggie's ineffective efforts go beyond him. Don't trash Bush when the O-line is losing on the trenches.

Resuming. Depending on how well Lamar Miller uses this bye week, we could see additional help from him.
But as Daniel Thomas will be back and surely Reggie Bush will be healthier, I don't expect Miller to start against the Jets.