I hope Jaydog has a good 4/20

dolphan39
04-20-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
And 4/20 is not known for the draft.

4/20 is National Pot Smoking Day!

:lol:

I hope Jaydog has a good 4/20

do they still have the J day parade in NYC like they did when I was in HS there ?

iceblizzard69
04-20-2002, 11:03 AM
I don't know, I am pretty sure they got rid of it but it might still be around.

inFINSible
04-20-2002, 11:15 AM
I don't know, I am pretty sure they got rid of it but it might still be around.

Boy, that's saying a whole lot of nothing.;) :lol:

dolphan39
04-20-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by inFINSible

Boy, that's saying a whole lot of nothing.;) :lol: sounds like a stoner comment to me :goof:

j/k ice ;)

Muck
04-20-2002, 01:05 PM
I can think of a lot of ways to better occupy my time.

dolfan06
04-28-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Muck
I can think of a lot of ways to better occupy my time. http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Marino1983
04-28-2002, 10:21 AM
that one smiley moving his left hand, well - uh - lets say-uh doesn't look too good .:confused: :( :D :p Marino1983

Capt. Dick
04-28-2002, 11:32 AM
I can think of a lot of ways to better occupy my time.

Yes, that`s true; however Carnel Knowledge of a woman (after smoking Maui Waui) can be a religious experience. :cool: :)

Capt. Dick
04-28-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Capt. Dick

Yes, that`s true; however Carnel Knowledge of a woman (after smoking Maui Waui) can be a religious experience. :cool: :)

I`d like to qualify that by stating that I`ve been clean and sober for the past 5 yrs (this coming Dec. 24th). I am vehemently opposed to the use of alchohol and drugs in excess to say the least.

inFINSible
04-28-2002, 01:25 PM
Keeping in mind that ANYTHING in excess is a bad thing, there is a time and a place for everything.;)

Capt. Dick
04-28-2002, 01:46 PM
Keeping in mind that ANYTHING in excess is a bad thing, there is a time and a place for everything.;)

yes, that`s true. I can only speak for myself. I used to understand moderation as not cracking the 2nd quart of scotch. I do however feel a need to councel the young`n against excess. It`s ultimately a downward spiral. This I know. I`ve been there.

inFINSible
04-28-2002, 02:10 PM
The key is, understanding that the line between moderation and excess is not as high as one may first think.
More power to you counseling the young 'un. If they're anything like I was, they'll have to touch the stove a couple of times before they get it.
Always thought I knew a better way.
That's the way most people learn I reckon.

BTW, where do you live in Miami? I was born in Doctors Hospital, in Coral Gables, lived in Sweetwater, til I was three,then the family moved over here to Naples in '70, been here ever since.

Capt. Dick
04-28-2002, 02:52 PM
The key is, understanding that the line between moderation and excess is not as high as one may first think.
More power to you counseling the young 'un. If they're anything like I was, they'll have to touch the stove a couple of times before they get it.
Always thought I knew a better way.
That's the way most people learn I reckon.

BTW, where do you live in Miami? I was born in Doctors Hospital, in Coral Gables, lived in Sweetwater, til I was three,then the family moved over here to Naples in '70, been here ever since.

I`ve never lived in Miami inFINSible. I was born and raised in Ohio. My wife and I (now-ex) moved to Key West in 1973. I`ve lived and worked here ever since. This place sure has changed through the years. When I moved here, the island was kind of a scrubby little fishing and winter tourist spot, now..........

One thing still in it`s favour..........It`s still laid back.

Muck
04-28-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06

That's pretty much sums it up for me. :p

Muck
04-28-2002, 09:45 PM

Yes, that`s true; however Carnel Knowledge of a woman (after smoking Maui Waui) can be a religious experience.

So can doing two chicks at the same time. Hey Now!! :cool:

I`d like to qualify that by stating that I`ve been clean and sober for the past 5 yrs (this coming Dec. 24th). I am vehemently opposed to the use of alchohol and drugs in excess to say the least.

Good for you. I feel the same. I'm not a big drinker myself. And I've never been into any kind of drugs whatsoever. Just have a few drinks from time to time. That's enough for me.

Capt. Dick
04-29-2002, 02:31 PM

So can doing two chicks at the same time. Hey Now!! :cool:

[B]

Good for you. I feel the same. I'm not a big drinker myself. And I've never been into any kind of drugs whatsoever. Just have a few drinks from time to time. That's enough for me.

"Good for you" back atcha. :)

dolfan06
04-29-2002, 02:55 PM
well it says "talk about anything in this forum!"

Capt. Dick
04-29-2002, 02:56 PM
yup.......it`s all good.

dolfan06
04-30-2002, 10:27 AM
i guess your quote applies there too...................

Frank-n-Furter
04-30-2002, 11:24 AM
Ah yes, the timeless debate as to whether sex is better with or without drugs. If you need drugs to make it better, you might be doing something wrong. :rolleyes:

dolfan06
04-30-2002, 12:16 PM
nope can't abide by the drugs, besides i'd rather know what i'm doing!

dolfan06
04-30-2002, 12:17 PM
and doing it with!(for married men, this should be the number one rule)

Billsfan
04-30-2002, 01:16 PM
4/20.........Hitler's birthday.........??????

dolfan06
04-30-2002, 02:33 PM
he's right. hiltler was born 4/20/1889!

iceblizzard69
04-30-2002, 04:52 PM
4/20=National Pot Smoking day

I think they made it 4/20 because of Jerry Garcia, but I am not 100% on this. Hitler sucks.

Capt. Dick
04-30-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Frank-n-Furter
Ah yes, the timeless debate as to whether sex is better with or without drugs. If you need drugs to make it better, you might be doing something wrong. :rolleyes:

How can you do anything wrong during sex? It isn`t a contest. :)

Capt. Dick
04-30-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Billsfan
4/20.........Hitler's birthday.........??????

That prick is dead. Oh you know.....dead.....as in drew bledsoe`s legs. :)

inFINSible
04-30-2002, 09:22 PM
4/20=National Pot Smoking day

I think they made it 4/20 because of Jerry Garcia, but I am not 100% on this. Hitler sucks.

4/20 actually started off as 4:20, you know, the time everybody gets home from work and lights up.........:D

Capt, sorry I left you hanging, anyway,don't know why I thought you were in Miami. My bad.

Capt. Dick
04-30-2002, 09:42 PM
i guess your quote applies there too...................

You know what 06? You and I come from an era where if we said we`d do something, we damn well did it!

A handshake was fine in consumating a deal. There was trust.

There are times now when I`d like to grab the world by the neck and tell it:

LISTEN UP ASSHOLES!!..........

Aw, just had to vent a little. There are still good people around and they`re mostly Miami Dolphin Fans. :)

Capt. Dick
04-30-2002, 09:48 PM

4/20 actually started off as 4:20, you know, the time everybody gets home from work and lights up.........:D

Capt, sorry I left you hanging, anyway,don't know why I thought you were in Miami. My bad.

Doesn`t matter anyway inFINSible, I spend most of my time on the ocean (except Sundays of course). :)

Frank-n-Furter
04-30-2002, 11:36 PM

You know what 06? You and I come from an era where if we said we`d do something, we damn well did it!

A handshake was fine in consumating a deal. There was trust.

:) Yeah, yeah, my grandpa said the same thing about his generation, while putting down every future generation (which includes yours), as I'm sure we all will. Just so's ya don't think you're special or anything.;)

Frank-n-Furter
04-30-2002, 11:41 PM

How can you do anything wrong during sex? It isn`t a contest. :) You're right, it's no contest. But lets say you're on some sensation numbing hallucinogen, and your big purple Barney is too tired to get up and play, then you ARE doing something wrong during sex. :cool:

Muck
05-01-2002, 01:03 AM
.....or you're suffering from "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome of the Wang". :)

Capt. Dick
05-01-2002, 08:39 AM
Yeah, yeah, my grandpa said the same thing about his generation, while putting down every future generation (which includes yours), as I'm sure we all will. Just so's ya don't think you're special or anything.;)

I`m NOT special........I AM honest. Not that you`re not honest, or lots of other people as well.

What I AM saying, is that the overall tone of todays society has changed. It`s more a "me first" attitude with people today.

I wasn`t raised that way.........period. ;)

Capt. Dick
05-01-2002, 08:43 AM
You're right, it's no contest. But lets say you're on some sensation numbing hallucinogen, and your big purple Barney is too tired to get up and play, then you ARE doing something wrong during sex. :cool:

I was refering to an experience I had 35 yrs ago. :)

Muck
05-01-2002, 09:05 AM

I`m NOT special........I AM honest. Not that you`re not honest, or lots of other people as well.

What I AM saying, is that the overall tone of todays society has changed. It`s more a "me first" attitude with people today.

I wasn`t raised that way.........period. ;)

Me too. My parents did a good job of raising me. And that's why I can totally agree with what you're talking about. It's the reason why it's so hard to find (and keep) good help these days. Nobody gives a crap about anything but themselves.

Aside from computers, I think I could have lived in "that era".

dolfan06
05-01-2002, 09:34 AM
yeah, its more of a "hooray for me, and f**k you", attitude!

Capt. Dick
05-01-2002, 10:02 AM

Me too. My parents did a good job of raising me. And that's why I can totally agree with what you're talking about. It's the reason why it's so hard to find (and keep) good help these days. Nobody gives a crap about anything but themselves.

Aside from computers, I think I could have lived in "that era".

You wouldn`t miss computers Muck....Too many other fun things to do, both inside and outside.

Modern technology is responsible for both the unification of mankind worldwide and the separation of............Oh hell, don`t get me started on that! :lol:

Of course back then we weren`t able to do this http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif.......sorry, but that smilie just tickles the begeezus outa me. :)

dolfan06
05-01-2002, 11:34 AM
the most fun i had as a kid was going into an empty field and building a "fort" not too many empty fields around now, at least none that the owners wouldn't call the police for tresspassing!

Muck
05-01-2002, 02:07 PM
Oh hell yeah. We built many a "fort" as kids.

Capt. Dick
05-02-2002, 11:41 AM
wood forts, limb forts, cave forts, box forts, blanket forts.

we built a tree house so high up in one old tree our parents were afraid to chase us up it to give us our routine lik`n. :lol:

we were fort architects from hell..........:cool:

dolfan06
05-02-2002, 11:47 AM
wood forts, limb forts, cave forts, box forts, blanket forts.

we built a tree house so high up in one old tree our parents were afraid to chase us up it to give us our routine lik`n. :lol:

we were fort architects from hell..........:cool: hells bells, mine would just call me, if i didn't come, sooner or later, they'd catch me. then it became a little more than a licken! a better name for it would be beatin. what cracks me up, kids today get hit and call the authorities on their parents, what kinda crap is that?!:yell:

Capt. Dick
05-02-2002, 12:00 PM
If we weren`t TOO bad, we`d get the leather end of the belt.

The times we were little sh!t terrors, we`d get the buckle end. :lol:

My brothers and I turned out to be pretty good adults.....if I do say so myself. :)

dolfan06
05-02-2002, 01:50 PM
i got to be aware at all times and quick on my feet!lol

iceblizzard69
05-02-2002, 04:15 PM
Yeah, because hitting a kid is child abuse. A parent shouldn't be allowed to cause pain on a child because of a wrong doing.

dolfan06
05-02-2002, 04:18 PM
Yeah, because hitting a kid is child abuse. A parent shouldn't be allowed to cause pain on a child because of a wrong doing. no comment, other than the fact, the prosecution rests!:rolleyes:

Mack Daddy
05-02-2002, 09:54 PM
We used to get the 'beatins' and seatins'', where you'd get a whipping with a switch that you, yourself broke off of the tree, and then they'd MAKE you sit down afterwords. After a session of that, I was cool, and so was my ass from the bag of ice I was sitting on.:cool:

dolfan06
05-03-2002, 03:12 AM
ass whuppin wasn't that bad, i think the younger generation gets away with too much, too much is just given to them and they don't respect anything or anybody. there are exceptions though, i must have talked to AJ for a year before i found out he was only 15. coulda knocked me over with a feather, i thought for sure he was at least 30!

Muck
05-03-2002, 04:05 AM
Yeah, because hitting a kid is child abuse. A parent shouldn't be allowed to cause pain on a child because of a wrong doing.

Well then how's a kid ever gonna learn?? Give him a timeout?? The asking nicely stuff don't cut it 99% of the time. It's this p*ssy-fication of everything that's ruining our country. Nowdays, most kiids don't fear their parents. They don't fear a timeout. They fear "the belt". You know the old saying, "Spare the rod, Spoil the child".

I'm not talking about child abuse. I'm talking about corporal punishment.

I deal with these little sons of bitches every single day at work. Kids just run around tearing the place apart while the parents ask them nicely, if at all, to stop. Think they listen?? NO. Who cleans up the mess?? ME. And that right there is a microcosm of the problem that faces this country.

dolfan06
05-03-2002, 04:22 AM
I'm not talking about child abuse. I'm talking about corporal punishment. i'm not sure when it occured, but when the power was taken away from the schools, as far as gettin the handball paddle in gym, and then both parents having to work, kids today have no boss, they do what they want when they want, and thats not right.
back when i was a kid, if you came home crying about somebody giving you a licken, my dad would take me back to school and meet the guy. today the parents would sue the school because their child was mistreated.
kinda surprised we can still win a war, what are we raising here, a bunch of wimps!

Capt. Dick
05-03-2002, 07:47 AM
There has been a slow and steady degeneration of family values.

Kids don`t need "things" from Mom and Dad.......they need MOM and DAD!

One way or another, it all boils down to the "almighty $$$".

Capt. Dick
05-03-2002, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Mack Daddy
We used to get the 'beatins' and seatins'', where you'd get a whipping with a switch that you, yourself broke off of the tree, and then they'd MAKE you sit down afterwords. After a session of that, I was cool, and so was my ass from the bag of ice I was sitting on.:cool:

I would have handed my Pop the best "twig" I could find. :D

Thankfully, my father never used his hands on us. They were used for affection. His belt was used for punishment. Big difference.

iceblizzard69
05-03-2002, 03:44 PM
Punishment probably works better than child abuse, I have gone through neither. :)

dolfan06
05-03-2002, 03:52 PM
what kids in the past thought was punishment, the kids today think as child abuse!:rolleyes:

Capt. Dick
05-03-2002, 04:44 PM
Punishment probably works better than child abuse, I have gone through neither. :)

You have been reprimanded tho huh? No kid is perfect.

dolfan06
05-04-2002, 03:05 AM
yep, and some are spoiled rotten!

iceblizzard69
05-04-2002, 01:22 PM
My parents sometimes threaten but they never do anything.

dolfan06
05-04-2002, 05:39 PM
do anything is even worse!:eek:

baccarat
05-05-2002, 02:52 AM
A good parent always "lays down the law". If he/she has to use the belt, then thats what they have to do! This "time out" stuff, is bull s***!

I believe schools SHOULD NOT/DO NOT have the right to hit a child. Would you want an adult you do not know hitting your child?

Nowadays, a lot of parents, unfortunately, are afraid/don't want to use the belt if necessary. Luckily my parents were good ones.

dolfan06
05-05-2002, 07:31 AM
I believe schools SHOULD NOT/DO NOT have the right to hit a child. Would you want an adult you do not know hitting your child? whether it was right or wrong, it worked. the paddling didn't hurt half as much as bending over in front of your classmates and giving somebody a free shot at your ass!:rolleyes:

Capt. Dick
05-05-2002, 11:35 AM
We had a big nun in grade school that we nick-named "big luke". Her hands alone were the size of a musk ox`s hind quarters.

She slapped me so hard one time I thought I changed time zones!

I just hoped the mark went away before I had to go home and explain it to my parents. My Pop would have given me the belt on top of it. :lol:

Muck
05-05-2002, 05:01 PM
You got that right 06. It's really embarassing. I remember being the shy new kid in class and having to drop my drawers, bend over that chair and take that paddle (with the hole at the top) in the middle of class on my first day for fighting. :lol:

And because I had good parents, I was TERRIFIED of going home with that "bad note" the teacher sent with me. That was even worse because that meant waiting for dad to get off work and then facing his wrath. The one thing he dispised more than anything else was acting up in public.

And you know what?? I gave that teacher a kiss on the cheek every day as I left class. We all did. We loved that teacher. Kids need structure and discipline. It teaches them respect. And they'll be thankful for it in the long run.

So in closing, schools and parents should have the power to use corporal punishment on kids. Unfortunately, this country is moving away from it.

dolfan06
05-05-2002, 05:04 PM
You got that right 06. It's really embarassing :D

Capt. Dick
05-05-2002, 05:10 PM
The paddle they used on me in grade school should have "in memory of Capt. Dick" emblazened on it. :lol:

iceblizzard69
05-05-2002, 05:11 PM
There is nothing wrong with fighting at school. Teachers and heads in schools are all ****ed up. You shouldn't get in trouble for fighting in school, espicially when your defending yourself. What do they expect, you to just stand there and take the beating?

Muck
05-05-2002, 06:01 PM
The paddle they used on me in grade school should have "in memory of Capt. Dick" emblazened on it. :lol:

LOL. My 7th grade "paddler" would have you autograph the paddle after the fact. That thing had layers and layers of names. Lots of football numbers on that thing. It was almost an honor for that piece of wood to grace your ass. :cool:

Muck
05-05-2002, 06:21 PM
There is nothing wrong with fighting at school. Teachers and heads in schools are all ****ed up. You shouldn't get in trouble for fighting in school, espicially when your defending yourself. What do they expect, you to just stand there and take the beating?

Can't disagree with the second part of that one. I understand having a zero tolerance policy. But they make the rules to where anyone can put your academic standing in jeopardy at any time. There's no right answer.

You either sit there, get your the sh*t kicked out of you in front of everyone, lose their respect (as well as your own) for the duration of your high school career, and stay in school. Or you defend yourself and receive the same treatment/punishment as the aggressor....putting your attendance/academics in limbo. Either way, you're screwed.

My sister went through that crap every year at in high school. She's a good girl. A shy girl who never made trouble. But she's a good-looking girl. So the slutty girls always got jealous. They always tried jumping her. And she always defended herself (VERY WELL I might add. lol).

The only time she didn't get suspended was when a girl jumped out of her seat in class and got my sis from behind as she sat in her chair. So she never got the chance to defend herself. What's funny was that the girl was filing her nails sharp prior to it, telling the teacher what she was gonna do. And nothing was done.

baccarat
05-05-2002, 09:24 PM

If you're defending yourself, then you should not get in trouble. If you're fighting in school voluntarily, then you should be suspened.

baccarat
05-05-2002, 09:27 PM

So in closing, schools and parents should have the power to use corporal punishment on kids. Unfortunately, this country is moving away from it.

I agree that parents should, but I don't believe schools should.

First, whats a hittable offense? Coming late to school? Looking at a teacher the wrong way? Breathing?

Second, who knows what what force a teacher would use? Whats stopping them from hitting a child with a baseball bat in the face?

dolfan06
05-05-2002, 11:25 PM
should hand out is a paddling. the way it is now a teacher has to be schooled in marshall arts. i don't even thin that it is applicable now. kidsare pretty unruly as it is. i live acroos the street from arlington hi, and i can see what goes on!

Muck
05-05-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by booyeah_

First, whats a hittable offense? Coming late to school? Looking at a teacher the wrong way? Breathing?

Second, who knows what what force a teacher would use? Whats stopping them from hitting a child with a baseball bat in the face?

THE LAW. That's what. You can't hit ANYBODY in the face with a bat. What makes you think a teacher would try?? C'mon man. You don't actually believe that teachers and/or administrators are gonna be that drastic, do you??

You're in school now. So you don't have the "other" perspective. I'm 22, but I was a substitute teacher when I was 20. And it gave me a new perspective on things. Students today feel like they can run over you because there are no stern consequences. They don't fear the punishment. So when you're tough with them and send them up, they're back in your class in 20 mins. Now they've got an attitude. And you're stuck with them again. Hell, I busted a kid's finger my first day (accidentally). It's sad when they feel like they can challenge you.

BTW - at my high school, if you had 5 tardies, you got licks. Still that way today. Doesn't work though. High school's a different beast.

dolfan06
05-05-2002, 11:38 PM
i had a teacher flip me out of my chair and told me he'd meet me in the gym after school. never screwed with him after that. try that today and the teacher would be brought up on charges of physical abuse. my parents believed i deserved it too and got another whippin, when i got home!

Capt. Dick
05-06-2002, 12:59 PM
should hand out is a paddling. the way it is now a teacher has to be schooled in marshall arts. i don't even thin that it is applicable now. kidsare pretty unruly as it is. i live acroos the street from arlington hi, and i can see what goes on!

Have you ever had to deal with vandalism?

dolfan06
05-06-2002, 01:11 PM

Have you ever had to deal with vandalism? we have these groups of "taggers" that roam around and put graffiti on everything. you can't leave your garage door open or you're inviting theft! they'll come into your garage in broad daylight!

man, i was just looking at the typing i was doing yesterday, talk about typos. i got a case of the friggin flu, if i sit up alot, i get light headed!

Capt. Dick
05-06-2002, 01:17 PM
hope ya feel better soon.

dolfan06
05-06-2002, 01:22 PM
i feel a whole lot better today, my wife brought it home from the college, but i'll probably have this nagging cough for weeks. i always do!

Capt. Dick
05-06-2002, 01:29 PM
Do you take Vit. C?

dolfan06
05-06-2002, 02:35 PM
Do you take Vit. C? ;)

Capt. Dick
05-06-2002, 02:38 PM
I take 3000 mgs/day

dolfan06
05-06-2002, 02:47 PM
i take so much medication, i don't really like to take pills so i keep it to a minimum!

Capt. Dick
05-06-2002, 03:05 PM
gotcha

dolfan06
05-06-2002, 03:08 PM
i take zocor-cholesterol
levoxyl-thyroid
glyburide-diabetes

Capt. Dick
05-06-2002, 03:12 PM
Check with your doctor about increasing your vit. c next time you go.

iceblizzard69
05-06-2002, 04:03 PM
Muck, kids always run all over a substitute, a lot more than witha teacher. I am in school now, and there is this substitute that always comes in, and we basically run the class when she does. :)

dolfan06
05-06-2002, 04:13 PM
Muck, kids always run all over a substitute, a lot more than witha teacher. I am in school now, and there is this substitute that always comes in, and we basically run the class when she does. :) and you think thats perfectly alright! listen bud, teachers are the best asset we have in this country and they should be treated with respect! i can think of a lot of things i'd rather be doing than sit around a bunch of snotty nosed little brats!

Muck
05-07-2002, 02:03 AM
Muck, kids always run all over a substitute, a lot more than witha teacher. I am in school now, and there is this substitute that always comes in, and we basically run the class when she does. :)

I know man. I'm not that far removed from school. I was guilty of the same thing. Kids weren't that bad with me when the teacher actually left me some material instead of just busy work.

But your response only strengthens my point. You think kids would run that class 50 years ago?? 40 years ago?? Hell no. That's because discipline was still in place. There weren't as many p*ssies running things. There weren't as many bad/non-existent parents. And there weren't as many lawyers. ;)

Capt. Dick
05-07-2002, 09:26 AM
Right, on all counts, Muck.

dolfan06
05-07-2002, 02:54 PM
right on muck!

iceblizzard69
05-07-2002, 04:44 PM
Teachers have no right to discipline a kid by inflicting pain. Also, there is a big difference between a substitute and a teacher. Teachers are one of the countries best assets (except for the ones that suck), but substitutes? I am not saying that this is right or anything, but kids will always run all over substitutes.

miadphan13
05-07-2002, 09:03 PM
I just want to share my childhood experiences. My Mom was very disiplinary with us kids and my Dad was very passive. My Mom used beat our a$$es with a paddle and a belt. She was smart too. My brother and I got in trouble for something and my Mom was gonna beat our a$$es. My brother is 7 years older and got the bright idea to wear multiple pairs of underwear, so we wouldn't feel the pain. My brother was like 11 and pretended to cry. I was like 4 and laughed at the amazement of not feeling anything. My Mom then beat our bare a$$es. :mad: The front of the paddle read, "Pa is boss as everyone knows, but what Ma says always goes" and on the back it had a place for the "Victim's Signature". My Mom still has the paddle. My point is that since my Dad didn't disipline us, us kids disrespected him more. Also, my best friend does not spank her 4 year old and that girl sasses back like really bad. Time out DOESN'T work! :nono:

dolfan87
05-07-2002, 09:21 PM
My wife constantly tells me "he just doesn't listen to me like he does to you" referign to our 2 1/2 year old. The reason he doesn't listen to her, is because she sends him to his room, or just flat puts up with tantrums, or she keeps saying..."Daniel, come here...Daniel I said come HERE...DANIEL!!!"

Dad says, "Daniel, you want me to spank your butt?" Daniel says...no...then Dad says, "you had better get over here then" Amazingly, Daniel moves.

I can make him stop having a screaming fit by saying two words. "Dry Up" He stops because he knows if he doesn't, I am going to "give him something to cry about".

It's real simple. You can't give a kid a "timeout" or send him to his room in K-mart when they are pitching a fit over not getting the toy they wanted. You can however turn him/her over and spank his/her little butt, or if you have the threat of spanking, and they know you mean it...your golden.

Capt. Dick
05-07-2002, 10:51 PM
If we sassed Mom, we`d get slapped. She would then rat us out to Dad when he got home from work. He would then give us a lik`n with the belt!

There were times us kids looked like "Mash Unit". LOL

We grew up loving and respecting both of them.

Frank-n-Furter
05-07-2002, 11:29 PM
If we sassed Mom, we`d get slapped. She would then rat us out to Dad when he got home from work. He would then give us a lik`n with the belt!

There were times us kids looked like "Mash Unit". LOL

We grew up loving and respecting both of them. Yeah but right after that beatin', I was wishing them lots of misery and I KNOW somebody on here has had both middle fingers in the air behind closed doors after a whuppin' too. I got caught a couple times, ha ha.:lol:

dolfan06
05-08-2002, 03:18 AM
Teachers have no right to discipline a kid by inflicting pain. Also, there is a big difference between a substitute and a teacher. Teachers are one of the countries best assets (except for the ones that suck), but substitutes? I am not saying that this is right or anything, but kids will always run all over substitutes. kids respected adults, it may have been awesome fear. but my father would beat my ass raw all the way over to somebody's house to apologize, if i ever wronged someone. this country has just become too liberal!

dolfan87
05-08-2002, 04:11 PM
Amen 06...Amen

Capt. Dick
05-09-2002, 12:35 AM
Yeah but right after that beatin', I was wishing them lots of misery and I KNOW somebody on here has had both middle fingers in the air behind closed doors after a whuppin' too. I got caught a couple times, ha ha.:lol:

If I would have been caught doing that I would have been grounded till I was 18! :D

dolfan06
05-09-2002, 03:20 AM
being grounded would inconvenience my mom, so to take some laborius jobs away from my 3 sisters, i'd have to do the dishes for a week or something like that. i had to do em for a year once!
my mother had some wierd punishments, once i said i didn't like succotash and thats all i got for dinner, yuck, corn and lima beans!