PDA

View Full Version : AFC East knotted up at 3-3!?!?!

SkapePhin
10-14-2012, 07:42 PM
We have a chance!!!:420:

Wildbill3
10-14-2012, 07:43 PM
stings just a tad when you think we could be 5-1 right now.

ryan0398
10-14-2012, 07:43 PM
can't believe seattle came back to win........gotta love it. Hopefully we are seeing the end of the Patriot dominance.

Dolph N.Fan
10-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Jets are actually in 1st place because they're 2-0 in the division.

Miamifinz

Stings real bad :lol: but we control our fate. We mustmustmustmust beat those damn Jets.

Uruguayfinfan
Can't believe how the Cards Kicker hit the post!!!! ARF!!! (after nailing a 61-yarder)

Wildbill3
10-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Jets are actually in 1st place because they're 2-0 in the division.there is always one guy who just has to be "right" lol.

AphexPhin
10-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Glad we have a bye coming up this next week. The Jets/Pats game will be what I'll be watching

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

yeah it is frustrating

vega51
10-14-2012, 07:50 PM
and pats lost with Hernandez, what is the excuse now????

finfan54
10-14-2012, 07:51 PM
do we route for the jets to beat NE next week? that is the question.

Miamifinz
10-14-2012, 07:51 PM

Tough call. Do we want the Jets at 3-0 in the east, or the Pats at 2-0?

Can I say neither?

EmperorPhin
10-14-2012, 07:52 PM
Jets are actually in 1st place because they're 2-0 in the division.
Yes IF the season ended today but it doesnt

Dolph N.Fan
10-14-2012, 07:55 PM
there is always one guy who just has to be "right" lol.

It's just means that being in 1st place in October means nothing. It's just like look at the playoff standings before Week 8. Hopefully the Jets beat New England next week (Miami needs NE to pick up as many losses and possible) And Then Miami needs to beat the Jets coming off the BYE week. And Then Miami will truly be in 1st place at 4-3 lol

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Tough call. Do we want the Jets at 3-0 in the east, or the Pats at 2-0?

Can I say neither?

Patriots are more of a threat than the Jets. I'm rooting for the Patriots to lose next week. Jets will pick up a lot more losses down the road than the Pats will.

keller377
10-14-2012, 08:43 PM
I won't ever route for the JEST to win. Next week I'll be routing for the Patriots to blow more than the JEST.

Twitches Brew
10-14-2012, 08:49 PM

Never root for the Jets. We'll handle our business when the time comes.

SebasMiamiFan
10-14-2012, 08:55 PM
Let's look at it this way...

The Jets have a tiebreaker over us. If they beat the Pats, they are 3-0 in the division. If they beat us in their stadium, they are 4-0 in the division.

Root for the Pats

DolfanISS
10-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Patriots game was odd. Felt All Seattles big plays on offense, less the game winner, were jump ball type plays. Stunned NE let Rice get behind there defense with 1:20 or so to go. Then Brady choked, got sacked by Logan Mankins LOL.

dlockz
10-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Still think Ne is class of divisions. I would say we have played second best That being said the Jets beat us which is not good and somehow Buffalo is 3-3. wild year so far. We can say that our destiny is in our hands and if we win out we win our division

PolitePolite
10-14-2012, 09:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

Twitches Brew
10-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Still think Ne is class of divisions. I would say we have played second best That being said the Jets beat us which is not good and somehow Buffalo is 3-3. wild year so far. We can say that our destiny is in our hands and if we win out we win our division

Yup. As a pre-season underdog with a rookie QB, can't ask for much more than an even field after 6 weeks.

GMU
10-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Pats should eventually take the division but we definitely have a shot

BleedinGreenNC
10-15-2012, 08:21 AM

NO!!! We are the hated Jets!!!

nyjunc
10-15-2012, 08:34 AM

you also could be 1-5 as you easily could have lost the last 2 games. How come it only works one way?

NE is going to win the division as long as Brady as healthy, it's nice they are keeping the rest of us around instead of being way out in front like most years but anyone other than NE winning(if Brady is healthy) will be a shock.

jared81
10-15-2012, 09:40 AM
you also could be 1-5 as you easily could have lost the last 2 games. How come it only works one way?

NE is going to win the division as long as Brady as healthy, it's nice they are keeping the rest of us around instead of being way out in front like most years but anyone other than NE winning(if Brady is healthy) will be a shock.

why do you always have to start ****? yeah. i guess we could be 0-6, since we were behind at halftime against oakland and st louis missed a couple of field goals in the middle of the game yesterday. but i think one could agree losing two overtime games in a row, one of which was a 4th down and long that was converted, the other came at the hands of a missed field, is much more of a tough break than any of our other games. the sad part is, you understand that, you are just trying to be an idiot. i would expect such a brillant football mind like yourself to understand the difference.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-15-2012, 09:48 AM

the cincy game we played better than the bengals, if anything that game should have been a wider margin of victory, if not for walt ****ing colman over turning 2 horrendous calls. we outplayed cincy.

as for the rams, we deff didnt play as well as i thought but we did win in the end, and again 2 horrendous calls that should have given us the ball on fumbles that somehow didnt. who knows what the score would have been.

i do know we will beat the jets in 2 weeks. i am pretty confident in that.

jetsknicks1
10-15-2012, 09:57 AM
6 weeks in and we're all tied for either 1st or last, depending on how you look at it. Not sure what I was expecting from this div this year but this defly wasn't it. None of us have looked exceptionally well this year and it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

nyjunc
10-15-2012, 10:12 AM
why do you always have to start ****? yeah. i guess we could be 0-6, since we were behind at halftime against oakland and st louis missed a couple of field goals in the middle of the game yesterday. but i think one could agree losing two overtime games in a row, one of which was a 4th down and long that was converted, the other came at the hands of a missed field, is much more of a tough break than any of our other games. the sad part is, you understand that, you are just trying to be an idiot. i would expect such a brillant football mind like yourself to understand the difference.

I discuss reality, if folks don't like it I can't help you. You shouldn't be 5-1, you should be 3-3 right where you are but if you say you should be 5-1 b/c of losing 2 close games then you must say you could also be 1-5 after winning 2 close games.

I understand we dropped a TD, we hgad multiple awful calls go against us so the Fgs shouldn't have mattered but they did and a 48 yd FG on wet grass is a very difficult kick. We won b/c our K set up a chip shot and yours did not.

the cincy game we played better than the bengals, if anything that game should have been a wider margin of victory, if not for walt ****ing colman over turning 2 horrendous calls. we outplayed cincy.

as for the rams, we deff didnt play as well as i thought but we did win in the end, and again 2 horrendous calls that should have given us the ball on fumbles that somehow didnt. who knows what the score would have been.

I agree you played better than Cincy but Cincy definitely had a great chance to win.

as far as our game, I guess I won't bother watching since it's a lock we'll lose. Thanks for saving me time.

jared81
10-15-2012, 11:20 AM
I discuss reality, if folks don't like it I can't help you. You shouldn't be 5-1, you should be 3-3 right where you are but if you say you should be 5-1 b/c of losing 2 close games then you must say you could also be 1-5 after winning 2 close games.

I understand we dropped a TD, we hgad multiple awful calls go against us so the Fgs shouldn't have mattered but they did and a 48 yd FG on wet grass is a very difficult kick. We won b/c our K set up a chip shot and yours did not.

oh i get it. we're all a bunch of homers because some of us bring up how good our record could be if we didnt screw up at the end of a couple of games. but you are a genius because you are the only person who still thinks sanchez is a great qb even though he statiscally is one of the worst in the league. you say "you discuss reality" then you should really admit more about the state of your team, notably your qb.

its all about perception, most dolphins fans expected us to have a dismal year because of a new coaching staff, weak WR core and a rookie qb. so the fact that we have been in every game and competed (with the exception of houston), bodes very well for us. if you went to the jest boards at the begginging of the season you would think they had already fitted the players with super bowl rings, when it is obvious to the rest of us that your defense had lost a step, you dont have a starting caliber running back and your qb blows (literally).

nyjunc
10-15-2012, 11:24 AM
oh i get it. we're all a bunch of homers because some of us bring up how good our record could be if we didnt screw up at the end of a couple of games. but you are a genius because you are the only person who still thinks sanchez is a great qb even though he statiscally is one of the worst in the league.

its all about perception, most dolphins fans expected us to have a dismal year because of a new coaching staff, weak WR core and a rookie qb. so the fact that we have been in every game and competed (with the exception of houston), bodes very well for us. if you went to the jest boards at the begginging of the season you would think they had already fitted the players with super bowl rings, when it is obvious to the rest of us that your defense had lost a step, you dont have a starting caliber running back and your qb blows (literally).

If you bring up how good the record can be(again, ignoring all the positive breaks you got against us) then why can't I discuss reality and that you could have lost the last 2? The bottom line is you are 3-3 and deserve to be 3-3.

Teams get good and bad quickly in this league, it's realistic for any team to make a playoff run. You guys are doing ok right now, beating teams you should beat(w/ the possible exceptio of cincy though they just lost to Cleveland) and losing to teams you should lose to(w/ the possible exception of us).

jared81
10-15-2012, 11:58 AM
If you bring up how good the record can be(again, ignoring all the positive breaks you got against us) then why can't I discuss reality and that you could have lost the last 2? The bottom line is you are 3-3 and deserve to be 3-3.

Teams get good and bad quickly in this league, it's realistic for any team to make a playoff run. You guys are doing ok right now, beating teams you should beat(w/ the possible exceptio of cincy though they just lost to Cleveland) and losing to teams you should lose to(w/ the possible exception of us).

dont play that bill parcells crap with me. i never said we should be 5-1. i am just defending the posters for speculating that this has been a positive season despite the fact that our preseason was absolutley dreadful. this is a discussion forum, where people discuss football. i guess since we are 3-3 and the stats are what they are, then there is no need to start a thread about anything. since everything is what it is, there is no need to talk about the past or future prospects of teams are players. i assume you will never post anything again.

truthbtold
10-15-2012, 12:31 PM

Keep this in mind ... the Jets left about 22 easy points on the field last game:

Stephen Hill drops a TD pass late in the 2nd Q and we settle for 3 (4 points).
Sanchez misses a WIDE OPEN cumberland standing in the end zone from inside the 5 yard line. Yes, he was under duress ... but there was nobody within 10 yards of the guy. We settle for 3 again (4 points).
There was another play (early 4th Q) ... Hill has his guy beat by 5 yards, streaking down the sideline ... Sanchez throws a perfect bomb, but Hill blows out his Hammy and can't get under the ball. He limps off the field and he's out for the rest of the game. Would have been an easy TD if his leg doesn't explode (7 points).
Midway through the 4th Q, Shillens has his man beat by plenty, and Sanchez barely overthrows him (another easy 7 down the drain).

That's 22 points left on the field that had nothing to do with the Dolphins making plays.

You guys complain about missing two field goals (both 48 yarders) but we easily could have won that game by 2 TD's.
You're not beating us at home in two weeks. If we don't beat ourselves we'll win that game comfortably. I am pretty confident in that.

PhinzN703
10-15-2012, 12:57 PM

Because there is a difference. If every offensive drive was successful, every team would score 90 pts a game. Since that is impossible and more times than none drives fail or plays are left on the field, the more important factor is how the game ends. You can look like **** all game and still win.

Look at Buffalo yesterday. Jay Feely kicks a 61 yd FG to tie the game then misses a mid-30 yd FG that would've won the game. Arizona could be 5-1.

Cincinnati had a chance to win the game on their final drive vs. Miami but didn't. The Dolphins had a chance to beat the Jets with a FG on the last play of the game and they failed. They also failed to stop Kevin Kolb on one final 4th and 10 play which is successful, the game would've been won.

At best yesterday the Rams make the game-tying FG at the end of the game. What happens after that is anyone's guess.

PhinzN703
10-15-2012, 01:04 PM

Keep this in mind ... the Jets left about 22 easy points on the field last game:

Stephen Hill drops a TD pass late in the 2nd Q and we settle for 3 (4 points).
Sanchez misses a WIDE OPEN cumberland standing in the end zone from inside the 5 yard line. Yes, he was under duress ... but there was nobody within 10 yards of the guy. We settle for 3 again (4 points).
There was another play (early 4th Q) ... Hill has his guy beat by 5 yards, streaking down the sideline ... Sanchez throws a perfect bomb, but Hill blows out his Hammy and can't get under the ball. He limps off the field and he's out for the rest of the game. Would have been an easy TD if his leg doesn't explode (7 points).
Midway through the 4th Q, Shillens has his man beat by plenty, and Sanchez barely overthrows him (another easy 7 down the drain).

That's 22 points left on the field that had nothing to do with the Dolphins making plays.

You guys complain about missing two field goals (both 48 yarders) but we easily could have won that game by 2 TD's.
You're not beating us at home in two weeks. If we don't beat ourselves we'll win that game comfortably. I am pretty confident in that.

These things happen to every team each week. Every team has moments in which they fail to make plays. That doesn't mean the Jets were that close to scoring 57 points.

The last time the Jets handed the Dolphins their ass was in 2007. The widest margin since then was 18 last year. If that means you want to believe the Jets will win comfortable then by all means please feel free to believe that.

nyjunc
10-15-2012, 04:04 PM
dont play that bill parcells crap with me. i never said we should be 5-1. i am just defending the posters for speculating that this has been a positive season despite the fact that our preseason was absolutley dreadful. this is a discussion forum, where people discuss football. i guess since we are 3-3 and the stats are what they are, then there is no need to start a thread about anything. since everything is what it is, there is no need to talk about the past or future prospects of teams are players. i assume you will never post anything again.

I am defending reality, we can all nitpick at plasy here and there but the bottom line is you didn't make enough plays to beat us or Ari and your opponents did.

grogan12
10-15-2012, 04:18 PM
I am defending reality, we can all nitpick at plasy here and there but the bottom line is you didn't make enough plays to beat us or Ari and your opponents did.

So come on nyjunc, just how had will the Jets get beat by the Pats this week?? You know it's coming.

jared81
10-15-2012, 05:05 PM

Is it a mental disorder that makes you act this way? If so, I am sorry. For the third time, I never said we should be 5-1. I was defending the people who make assumptions. Just like I defend you for all your ridiculous Sanchez claims. I find it so ironic that you are the one trying to say you go by the facts, the truth is your whole point of argument is always based on could of and should ofs with your team.

nyjunc
10-16-2012, 08:57 AM
So come on nyjunc, just how had will the Jets get beat by the Pats this week?? You know it's coming.

It probably won't be pretty unless we can run it effectively.

Is it a mental disorder that makes you act this way? If so, I am sorry. For the third time, I never said we should be 5-1. I was defending the people who make assumptions. Just like I defend you for all your ridiculous Sanchez claims. I find it so ironic that you are the one trying to say you go by the facts, the truth is your whole point of argument is always based on could of and should ofs with your team.

you defend people making assumptions and I am defending assumptions the other way. Again, the bottom line is you are 3-3 and deserve to be 3-3.

where are my arguments ever based on could of and should of?

grogan12
10-16-2012, 09:13 AM
It probably won't be pretty unless we can run it effectively.

you defend people making assumptions and I am defending assumptions the other way. Again, the bottom line is you are 3-3 and deserve to be 3-3.

where are my arguments ever based on could of and should of?

Pats are in the top ten run defenses in the league, and the Jets just don't have the horses to go up against them. Add to that the fact that the Patriots put up back to back 200 plus yards on the ground themselves against much better run defenses than the Jets, and it wll be tough for the Jets to do much to stop them. Then then you have Welker and the TE's with no coverage answers, not to mention a pissed off Patriot team that will be trying to make a point. If I were you I would take a moral victiory if the Jets can stay within ten points.

nyjunc
10-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Pats are in the top ten run defenses in the league, and the Jets just don't have the horses to go up against them. Add to that the fact that the Patriots put up back to back 200 plus yards on the ground themselves against much better run defenses than the Jets, and it wll be tough for the Jets to do much to stop them. Then then you have Welker and the TE's with no coverage answers, not to mention a pissed off Patriot team that will be trying to make a point. If I were you I would take a moral victiory if the Jets can stay within ten points.

It's going to take by far our best game of the year to even have a chance, I do not have high hopes this weekend. if it was at home I'd say maybe but I will be surprised if the jets can spring the upset this week.