PDA

View Full Version : best rookie qb

wayner
10-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Tell ya what best rookie qb in the draft ive seen i think is that kid in seattle wallace he looks like a very player after watching the pats lose last night

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Tell ya what best rookie qb in the draft ive seen i think is that kid in seattle wallace he looks like a very player after watching the pats lose last night
wallace? u mean wilson? and no hes not

jphandal
10-15-2012, 02:55 PM
:lol2:

russianbear
10-15-2012, 02:55 PM
That must've been the only game of his you've watched.

J. David Wannyheimer
10-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Wilson looked very good yesterday, but I watched two other full Seahawks games (and a good chunk of the other games) and quite frankly he was really struggling in the other games. There was even talk that he might be benched for Matt Flynn prior to Sunday.

All of the rookie QBs have had their ups and downs so far. Griffin's definitely been the best so far, but I don't think he can sustain it. Too many screens, too many runs where he takes a big shot. Mike Shanahan looks like a genius now, but I think he is going to ruin his young QB.

Vaark
10-15-2012, 02:58 PM
So far it's RG3 but our guy is making a case for himself that he not lagging far behind and with likely a more promising upside based on durability and style.. He's beaten 2 winning teams going into the games in the last 2 weeks and has looked surgical doing it.

PhinsFreak
10-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Peyton Manning 2.0

studsatele
10-15-2012, 03:55 PM
I have only seen our guy once. Ive seen RG once. I dont think its right what Shannahan is doing to that kid. He's not developing him, he's riding him to save his job. He's gonna get him hurt again.Elway was already established, so all he had to do was get outta his way. RG he's just gonna run into the ground. In my opinion Shannahan should be fired, for needlessly risking this kids future to save his ass. Thats some Sparano type ****.

LandShark13
10-15-2012, 03:58 PM
So far it's RG3 but our guy is making a case for himself that he not lagging far behind and with likely a more promising upside based on durability and style.. He's beaten 2 winning teams going into the games in the last 2 weeks and has looked surgical doing it.

Agreed, Tanny seems right up there with Luck (For now) while RGIII seems to be out in the lead. I will say this tho, history shows us that frial running QBs aren't the way to go if your goal is winning championships. Give me a QB with mobility that stands tall in the pocket, moves when he has to to avoid pressure but keeps his eyes down field any day and twice on sunday.

LandShark13
10-15-2012, 04:00 PM
I have only seen our guy once. Ive seen RG once. I dont think its right what Shannahan is doing to that kid. He's not developing him, he's riding him to save his job. He's gonna get him hurt again.Elway was already established, so all he had to do was get outta his way. RG he's just gonna run into the ground. In my opinion Shannahan should be fired, for needlessly risking this kids future to save his ass. Thats some Sparano type ****.

I cant say I disagree with you here. He's putting the kid in harms way, way to often if you ask me. This week for example coming off concussion he never should of asked him to run. He's going to get Bob killed.

Kdawg954
10-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Weeden is coming along also . . . all of them are having pretty good years. And we still could see Nick Foles take over when/if Vick gets hurt.

Luck had the most impressive performance in that comeback vs. Gbay
RGIII has had the most "moments"
Wilson has been the most suprising
Tannehill and Weeden are both showing the most improvements as the season progresses.

Clipse
10-15-2012, 04:24 PM
RG3 is by far the best so far. Followed by Luck, Wilson, and Tannehill in that order, but very close. Weeden easily being the worst.

tay0365
10-15-2012, 04:37 PM
RG3 is by far the best so far. Followed by Luck, Wilson, and Tannehill in that order, but very close. Weeden easily being the worst.

Even though I doubt Tannehill will be as good as Luck in the future, right now. I would not put Tannehill behind Luck or Wilson. Tannehill has increasingly improved since that week 1.....Luck and Wilson have been up and down.

MiZFiT
10-15-2012, 04:54 PM
In before WV ****s on RGiii...

J. David Wannyheimer
10-15-2012, 04:59 PM
If you look at what Ryan Tannehill did throwing the ball vs a very good Rams defense and compare it to what Griffin did throwing the ball vs a very good Rams defense, you might be a bit surprised. And then if you look at what Alfred Morris did rushing the ball (a cool 5.6 yards per carry) on St. Louis and compare that to what Reggie Bush did against St. Louis (1.4 yards per carry) and then you consider that Miami has now signed two of Washington's castoffs to play receiver in the past six weeks, well...

... let's just say I'm glad Miami wasn't the team that gave up a king's ransom to draft its QB.

Call it homerism, call it what you like. One of these guys is doing more with less.

Panino
10-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Rg3

phinmanniac
10-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Russell Wilson has started and won games vs. Romo, Rodgers, Newton and Brady. I don't care what you say, that's a damn good start for a rookie season! On that alone, I would have to put him near the top (and most surprising thus far). It's an amazing rookie class though!

Kdawg954
10-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Russell Wilson has started and won games vs. Romo, Rodgers, Newton and Brady. I don't care what you say, that's a damn good start for a rookie season! On that alone, I would have to put him near the top (and most surprising thus far). It's an amazing rookie class though!

Definitely impressive from Wilson, I don't think anybody can take that away from him. People concerned with his height need to start paying attention to his ability . . . because this man has got game. That Seattle team is a Super Bowl sleeper.

Mike8272
10-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Obviously Luck and RGIII have performed very well so far, but that was to be expected.

The other three starting QBs in Tannehill, Weeden and Wilson have all performed well; but Wilson has been the stand out of those three, while the other two are improving week by week. This could prove to be a very talented and successful draft year if these guys continue to perform and get better.

Overall though, I'd say the standout QB so far has been Wilson because I don't think anyone really expected him to have performed as well as he has done. He could also lead his team to the play offs and a division title. So all in all, he could prove to be the best rookie QB, when he was really rated as the 4th or 5th best QB in the draft.

uk_dolfan
10-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Just watching the 49'ers game. I dont really get the hype about Wilson. If we had the draft over again he would still be my fifth choice qb.

Wadeshow
10-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Ppl gotta remember he wins at home where Seattle has the best damn home field advantage in the nfl. He is a good qb but they are not winning cuz of him they are winning with him

Smith21
10-18-2012, 10:35 PM
YEA Wilson is good and has a Rocket Arm... Kidding. Luck > Tannehill. In that order.. you can keep Rg3 and Wilson...

Apex Predator
10-19-2012, 04:39 PM
1. RG3
2. Luck/Tannehill
3.Wilson
4.Weeden

Dead last. Mark Sanchez