PDA

View Full Version : Oopss he did it again!! Rex ryan opens up his mouth

fisi
10-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Rex Ryan: I want the Patriots to know I think we’ll beat them

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/15/rex-ryan-i-want-the-patriots-to-know-i-think-well-beat-them/

WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!

Harry_Bagpipe
10-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Pats are gonna destroy them.

CalDolFan1014
10-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Rex Ryan is the KING of opening his mouth...only to find out later he has to put his foot in there too!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/kingrexo-1.jpg

Abhenne7
10-15-2012, 06:40 PM
Rex Ryan is the KING of opening his mouth...only to find out later he has to put his foot in there too!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/kingrexo-1.jpg
LOL im sure he wouldnt mind that at all

Pinkboy
10-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Belichick says thanks for the bulletin board material

jared81
10-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Part of the reason he is this way is because he has a learning disability. It's actually quite sad. Nobody takes him serious anymore, he has become a joke in circles around the league

BleedinGreenNC
10-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Rex Ryan: I want the Patriots to know I think we’ll beat them

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/15/rex-ryan-i-want-the-patriots-to-know-i-think-well-beat-them/

WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!

He just doesnt know when to keep his mouth shut.

SpurzN703
10-15-2012, 07:52 PM
What was it he said that was dumb? Of course he thinks the Jets are going to win. If he didn't, I doubt the team would even show up.

BleedinGreenNC
10-15-2012, 09:03 PM
What was it he said that was dumb? Of course he thinks the Jets are going to win. If he didn't, I doubt the team would even show up.

The Jets arent going to show up anyways.

13ktownguy
10-16-2012, 05:06 AM
The Jets arent going to show up anyways.
Love those nips!!

nyjunc
10-16-2012, 08:48 AM
I don't expect to win but I'm glad to see the old rex peeking out, I didn't like the new quiet version. I think that trickles down to the team and has sapped their confidence a bit.

whether Rex speaks or not has no bearing on the way the pats will play. Didn't rex and most of the team talk big before the playoff game 2 years ago? all that matters is how you play on Sunday.

grogan12
10-16-2012, 09:18 AM
I don't expect to win but I'm glad to see the old rex peeking out, I didn't like the new quiet version. I think that trickles down to the team and has sapped their confidence a bit.

whether Rex speaks or not has no bearing on the way the pats will play. Didn't rex and most of the team talk big before the playoff game 2 years ago? all that matters is how you play on Sunday.

No, not at all, the Jets talked and ran their mouths before the Monday night game, and you know what happened there. The leading up to the playoff game Rex and the Jets were deep into Foot gate.

nyjunc
10-16-2012, 09:44 AM
No, not at all, the Jets talked and ran their mouths before the Monday night game, and you know what happened there. The leading up to the playoff game Rex and the Jets were deep into Foot gate.

which game was bigger? and I don't recall them running their mouths before the Mon night game but they did before the playoff game and won convincingly. I don't expect to win this week but talking isn't going to change who wins and who loses.

grogan12
10-16-2012, 10:20 AM
which game was bigger? and I don't recall them running their mouths before the Mon night game but they did before the playoff game and won convincingly. I don't expect to win this week but talking isn't going to change who wins and who loses.

Really, you couldn't be more wrong, it's basic human nature. What most players get, that most fans don't, is that the game isn't life or death for them, they don't carry a loss all week in the way a fan does, and while emotions may run deep for players at the end of the day they go home to their super model of choice and move on. Now when you piss someone off, you get their attention in a whole differen't way. No matter how proud you are of those two back to back AFC Championship loses, the fact remains that the Jets mean very little in the scope of a the AFC east, the last decade for the Jets will be pretty much remembered like the one before it. The bottom line is there is a reason you don't see coaches running their mouths like REX, that is there is simply no up side to it, it does nothing but feed his own ego and put added pressure on a team that's simply not very good.

Harry_Bagpipe
10-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Really, you couldn't be more wrong, it's basic human nature. What most players get, that most fans don't, is that the game isn't life or death for them, they don't carry a loss all week in the way a fan does, and while emotions may run deep for players at the end of the day they go home to their super model of choice and move on. Now when you piss someone off, you get their attention in a whole differen't way. No matter how proud you are of those two back to back AFC Championship loses, the fact remains that the Jets mean very little in the scope of a the AFC east, the last decade for the Jets will be pretty much remembered like the one before it. The bottom line is there is a reason you don't see coaches running their mouths like REX, that is there is simply no up side to it, it does nothing but feed his own ego and put added pressure on a team that's simply not very good.

you're wasting your time. You're arguing with said super-fan whose entire way of viewing the game is based completely on emotion rather than rationale and objective thinking. His argument is a constant moving target. Instead of looking at all the information objectively and than drawing a conclusion, he comes to a conclusion first(Sanchez, Rex and the jets are X) and then tries to mold and shape the information to suit his super-fan based, emotion and agenda driven conclusion. That's why he constantly, arbitrarily decides what information should be viewed as relevant and what shouldn't be. If it hurts his agenda he dismisses it with a vague and insubstantial comment like"stats don't tell the whole story" or "I see the game differently than most"

Anyhoo. I agree pretty much with what you said

nyjunc
10-16-2012, 01:43 PM

You can believe that all you want but who talked more than the Jets going into that playoff game? rex calling out belichick, Cromartie calling Bardy an a-hole, Bart Scott threatening Welker after his passive agressive jokes.

The Jets have won and lost b/c of how they played not b/c of how much they talked or didn't talk.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/postcromartie-1.jpg

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=6007793

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=6024525

you're wasting your time. You're arguing with said super-fan whose entire way of viewing the game is based completely on emotion rather than rationale and objective thinking. His argument is a constant moving target. Instead of looking at all the information objectively and than drawing a conclusion, he comes to a conclusion first(Sanchez, Rex and the jets are X) and then tries to mold and shape the information to suit his super-fan based, emotion and agenda driven conclusion. That's why he constantly, arbitrarily decides what information should be viewed as relevant and what shouldn't be. If it hurts his agenda he dismisses it with a vague and insubstantial comment like"stats don't tell the whole story" or "I see the game differently than most"

Anyhoo. I agree pretty much with what you said

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/443683RoyaltyFreeRFClipArtIllustrationOf-1.jpg

jared81
10-16-2012, 02:36 PM
You can believe that all you want but who talked more than the Jets going into that playoff game? rex calling out belichick, Cromartie calling Bardy an a-hole, Bart Scott threatening Welker after his passive agressive jokes.

The Jets have won and lost b/c of how they played not b/c of how much they talked or didn't talk.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/postcromartie-1.jpg

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=6007793

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=6024525

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/443683RoyaltyFreeRFClipArtIllustrationOf-1.jpg

this is exactly the reason why i feel that rex ryan will not be a long lasting head coach in this league. he will always be a great defensive coordinator because he knows how to scheme and his players play for him. however, i would like for you to name me one great head coach who runs his mouth at other teams and their players? you cant name any, landry, shula, lombardi, billichik, schoetenheimer, walsh, reeves, levy, parcells, etc........none of the great head coaches in the history of the league have been trash talkers.

when ryan first started head coaching it was all new to the players, they got hyped up by all of the trash talk. many players wanted to go play for rex ryan because of it (bart scott, LT, etc) but towards the end of last year the trash talk gave way to a dysfunctional locker room. suddenly, the players around the league that liked his attitude a few years ago publically came out and badmouthed him (how often do you see opposing players talked trash about a coach?).

you have to have substance as an nfl coach and beyond the f bombs, ryan has none. he is a great defensive coach, but knows nothing about offense. he will be a career d coordinator, just like his brother. that and he has a learning disability which makes me think he isnt the sharpest.

nyjunc
10-16-2012, 02:45 PM
this is exactly the reason why i feel that rex ryan will not be a long lasting head coach in this league. he will always be a great defensive coordinator because he knows how to scheme and his players play for him. however, i would like for you to name me one great head coach who runs his mouth at other teams and their players? you cant name any, landry, shula, lombardi, billichik, schoetenheimer, walsh, reeves, levy, parcells, etc........none of the great head coaches in the history of the league have been trash talkers.

when ryan first started head coaching it was all new to the players, they got hyped up by all of the trash talk. many players wanted to go play for rex ryan because of it (bart scott, LT, etc) but towards the end of last year the trash talk gave way to a dysfunctional locker room. suddenly, the players around the league that liked his attitude a few years ago publically came out and badmouthed him (how often do you see opposing players talked trash about a coach?).

you have to have substance as an nfl coach and beyond the f bombs, ryan has none. he is a great defensive coach, but knows nothing about offense. he will be a career d coordinator, just like his brother. that and he has a learning disability which makes me think he isnt the sharpest.

who cares? there's not one way to win, there are many ways to win. He's just saying what most coaches think but are afraid to say.

jared81
10-16-2012, 03:25 PM
who cares? there's not one way to win, there are many ways to win. He's just saying what most coaches think but are afraid to say.

i wish i could say innapropriate things to people everyday, but i dont. because i am a civilized human being. I GO BY FACTS, im surprised you dont, the facts are, no coach has been successful longterm by talking trash.

nyjunc
10-16-2012, 04:37 PM
i wish i could say innapropriate things to people everyday, but i dont. because i am a civilized human being. I GO BY FACTS, im surprised you dont, the facts are, no coach has been successful longterm by talking trash.

what does rex do other than really talking up his team? does he say "team x sucks!" or "player x sucks!"? no, he talks up his team. and who cares if no one has won long term w/ that approach, times change. taht's like saying teams would never be able to win w/ a pass heavy offense way back when, times change.

Tunaphish429
10-16-2012, 05:25 PM
No real news here...

grogan12
10-17-2012, 10:36 AM
what does rex do other than really talking up his team? does he say "team x sucks!" or "player x sucks!"? no, he talks up his team. and who cares if no one has won long term w/ that approach, times change. taht's like saying teams would never be able to win w/ a pass heavy offense way back when, times change.

Really??? Because last time I checked the Jets still haven't sniffed a Supper Bowl in 40 plus years so I guess times haven't changed that much for Jet fans.

nyjunc
10-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Really??? Because last time I checked the Jets still haven't sniffed a Supper Bowl in 40 plus years so I guess times haven't changed that much for Jet fans.

They've been close, they have competed for the right to go to the SB. can't get to one w/o playing in a title game first. The job is far from done but he has given us a chance. He doesn't have Tom Brady to carry his team and his career.

grogan12
10-17-2012, 11:38 AM
They've been close, they have competed for the right to go to the SB. can't get to one w/o playing in a title game first. The job is far from done but he has given us a chance. He doesn't have Tom Brady to carry his team and his career.

Well great QB’s and great coaches generally make history together, chicken or the egg makes little difference to the fans of those teams. Last I checked the Jets have neither, and only a fool would think Rex is great coach. The Ravens sure didn’t think much of him and they know him better than most.

nyjunc
10-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Well great QB’s and great coaches generally make history together, chicken or the egg makes little difference to the fans of those teams. Last I checked the Jets have neither, and only a fool would think Rex is great coach. The Ravens sure didn’t think much of him and they know him better than most.

we know what BB has done w/ and w/o Brady. W/o Brady he'd be a DC somewhere and all of his assistants wouldn't have had the chance to be failures like BB was w/o Brady.

grogan12
10-17-2012, 02:01 PM
we know what BB has done w/ and w/o Brady. W/o Brady he'd be a DC somewhere and all of his assistants wouldn't have had the chance to be failures like BB was w/o Brady.

And we all know what REX ryan has done with the Dirty Taco, ZERO, NOTHING, NADDA. Too bad for the Jets, who wanted B.B. so bad that they payed him a Millon dollars to take over when the Tuna stepped down.

nyjunc
10-17-2012, 02:13 PM
And we all know what REX ryan has done with the Dirty Taco, ZERO, NOTHING, NADDA. Too bad for the Jets, who wanted B.B. so bad that they payed him a Millon dollars to take over when the Tuna stepped down.

BB w/o Tom Brady(7+ seaspons):
51-63, 45%
1 playoff app
1 playoff win(WC at home)
1-1 playoff record

Rex w/ Mark sanchez:
3+ seasons
31-23, 57%
2 playoff apps
4 playoff wins(all on the road including 1-0 against BB WITH Brady)
4-2 playoff record

which is better?

grogan12
10-17-2012, 02:58 PM
BB w/o Tom Brady(7+ seaspons):
51-63, 45%
1 playoff app
1 playoff win(WC at home)
1-1 playoff record

Rex w/ Mark sanchez:
3+ seasons
31-23, 57%
2 playoff apps
4 playoff wins(all on the road including 1-0 against BB WITH Brady)
4-2 playoff record

which is better?

So Rex won what again? Oh that's right, he won the same thing B.B. did with the Browns, exactly "NOTHING!!!" but you are right, B.B. doesn't have two back to back AFC Championship losses to brag about. :lol: Look on the bright side, maybe Rex will get a second shot at coaching once he's fired from the Jets and then maybe he can draft a real NFL QB that will finally help him win something. :ponder:

nyjunc
10-17-2012, 03:22 PM
So Rex won what again? Oh that's right, he won the same thing B.B. did with the Browns, exactly "NOTHING!!!" but you are right, B.B. doesn't have two back to back AFC Championship losses to brag about. :lol: Look on the bright side, maybe Rex will get a second shot at coaching once he's fired from the Jets and then maybe he can draft a real NFL QB that will finally help him win something. :ponder:

maybe Rex will get lucky one day and be carried to Sbs like BB has been by Brady? but w/ a supposed bad QB he has done MUCH better than BB ever did w/o Brady carrying him.

grogan12
10-17-2012, 03:48 PM
maybe Rex will get lucky one day and be carried to Sbs like BB has been by Brady? but w/ a supposed bad QB he has done MUCH better than BB ever did w/o Brady carrying him.

What again did he do? Did he win ANY AFC East titles? No! Did he ever even come withing 3 games of winng an afc east title? NO. OK, how about the conference? Oh,,, he lost two back to back AFC Championship games?? Now I understand why B.B. is so jealous. :lol:

EvilDylan
10-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Speaking of BB without Brady, do you think he will draft his replacement soon?

They can't possibly be hedging their bets on Mallet?

grogan12
10-17-2012, 04:27 PM

Well mallet won the back up job this year and looked really good at times, others not so much. However even if he develops I doubt he will wait around the next three or four years to get his shot.

nyjunc
10-17-2012, 04:42 PM
What again did he do? Did he win ANY AFC East titles? No! Did he ever even come withing 3 games of winng an afc east title? NO. OK, how about the conference? Oh,,, he lost two back to back AFC Championship games?? Now I understand why B.B. is so jealous. :lol:

He did more than BB has ever done w/o Brady and he didn't win a division but led the best team in the division in '09 & '10.

NYJ 4 playoff wins, NE zero
head to head at NE: NYJ 28- NE 21(the score was close b/c of a garbage time TD)

I doubt BB is coaching after Brady retires, he's not dumb.

grogan12
10-18-2012, 09:14 AM
He did more than BB has ever done Even though it amounts to the same nothing in terms of football accomplishments

I'm dumb.

You know I think I see what you're getting at there.

EvilDylan
10-18-2012, 11:01 AM
He did more than BB has ever done w/o Brady and he didn't win a division but led the best team in the division in '09 & '10.

NYJ 4 playoff wins, NE zero
head to head at NE: NYJ 28- NE 21(the score was close b/c of a garbage time TD)

I doubt BB is coaching after Brady retires, he's not dumb.

I think there's no way BB retires after Brady does. That would be a literal disaster to their franchise. Also, don't you think BB would want to prove that he can actually coach rather than ride the coattails of a HOF QB?

grogan12
10-18-2012, 11:15 AM
I think there's no way BB retires after Brady does. That would be a literal disaster to their franchise. Also, don't you think BB would want to prove that he can actually coach rather than ride the coattails of a HOF QB?

Doesn't matter, B.B. could continue coaching and win three more Super Bowls with a differen't QB and nyjunc would talk about how lucky B.B. was to find another Hall of Fame QB. Hell if B.B. himself put on a helmet and lead the Patriots to a Super Bowl win nyjunc would say he was a system QB and a product of the coaching. :lol:

nyjunc
10-18-2012, 11:47 AM

he's not a dummy, he knows why he won those SBs and he'd risk his legacy if he didn't have success post Brady.

grogan12
10-18-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm nyjunc and I'm a dummy, B.B. knows why he won those SBs and he'd create an even greater legacy if he won more SB's post Brady. I would also like to say that Rex Ryan can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag, and he likes feet, the sicko!!!

I really think you're starting to come around, good post.

nyjunc
10-18-2012, 01:41 PM
I really think you're starting to come around, good post.

I truly feel sorry for you.

grogan12
10-18-2012, 02:02 PM
I truly feel sorry myself, no one respects me, and everybody I know thinks that I'm a complete tool.

Well admitting that you have a problem is half the battle.

nyjunc
10-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Well admitting that you have a problem is half the battle.

so, so sad. what's next? "I know you are but what am I?"

grogan12
10-18-2012, 02:10 PM
so, so sad, I just can't stop responding"

Well that is sad, but there's always help out there for people like you that need it, all you have to do is ask for it. I mean lets be honest, wouldn't you like walking into a room for once where people weren't laughing at you?

nyjunc
10-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Well that is sad, but there's always help out there for people like you that need it, all you have to do is ask for it. I mean lets be honest, wouldn't you like walking into a room for once where people weren't laughing at you?

would you call that "lastworditis"?

EvilDylan
10-18-2012, 02:43 PM
I thought it was against the TOS to change peoples posts in a quote?

nyjunc
10-18-2012, 03:00 PM

I just looked it up and you are correct.

7.Quoted Text
Added: September 13, 2004 - You may not alter someone else's words and use it as quoted text. Previously, this had long been an "unwritten rule" followed by all. But it now must be added.

I don't want him to get in trouble as annoying as he is, I just wish we could have some civil debates about football.

grogan12
10-18-2012, 04:15 PM

I think that goes for anyone except nyjunc, he needs the help to make his posts make sense.

13ktownguy
10-18-2012, 04:36 PM
he's not a dummy, he knows why he won those SBs and he'd risk his legacy if he didn't have success post Brady.
Actually Brady didn't have alot to do with the SB wins. He wasn't considered elite til Moss and Welker got there.

nyjunc
10-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Actually Brady didn't have alot to do with the SB wins. He wasn't considered elite til Moss and Welker got there.

he absolutely was elite before Moss and company. he had 3 SBs before those guys.

BB Cle through the first 2 games of 2001 w/ Brady:

41-57, 1 playoff app, 1-1 playoff record.

BB w/ Brady 2001 season starting in week 3 when Brady made his first start: 12-3, 3-0 in playoffs won SB

BB would be a DC somewhere today if Brady didn't rescue his career.

EvilDylan
10-19-2012, 10:25 AM
I think that goes for anyone except nyjunc, he needs the help to make his posts make sense.

I wouldn't have said anything if they alterations you were making were actually funny, but they aren't.

I understand you dislike junc, but right now you're reaching.