PDA

View Full Version : Hold Up Hold Up Hold Up

ChambersWI
10-18-2012, 11:55 AM
So listening to ESPN radio, Christian Dyer was on talking about the Jets Patriots game. Now I'm not bashing the Jets or anything like that to draw the ire of Jet fans, but what Dyer just said made me spit soda all over my computer.

Dyer was talking about how fast paced the Pats offense is... a fair point, but then he said this.

"The Jets defense have an advantage there in preparation as they practice against a fast paced offense every week in practice. Tony Sparano, while not running a no huddle, runs a fast paced and high tempo offense."

..... WHAT?!?

This is not a bashing thread, but even the biggest Jets homer would have to say this is far off. How is that offense Tony calls anywhere near fast paced?!?

cnyphinfan
10-18-2012, 11:56 AM
First down incompletion, 1 yard run, then Tebow wildcat for no gain!! GET OFF THE FIELD MOVE IT MOVE IT!! Fastest to a punt in the league!!!

Locke
10-18-2012, 11:56 AM
So listening to ESPN radio, Christian Dyer was on talking about the Jets Patriots game. Now I'm not bashing the Jets or anything like that to draw the ire of Jet fans, but what Dyer just said made me spit soda all over my computer.

Dyer was talking about how fast paced the Pats offense is... a fair point, but then he said this.

"The Jets defense have an advantage there in preparation as they practice against a fast paced offense every week in practice. Tony Sparano, while not running a no huddle, runs a fast paced and high tempo offense."

..... WHAT?!?

This is not a bashing thread, but even the biggest Jets homer would have to say this is far off. How is that offense Tony calls anywhere near fast paced?!?

It's so fast paced, the offense is on and off the field in 2 minutes every drive. Some may call it 3 and outs, but hey, tomato/tomato...

OneYardShort
10-18-2012, 11:58 AM
LMAO.... so fast paced that he has to use timeouts in the first quarter just to slow down his own offense.....

J. David Wannyheimer
10-18-2012, 12:21 PM
It's so fast paced that they sub four guys in and out on every play. It's just that fast.

SebasMiamiFan
10-18-2012, 12:22 PM
It's so fast paced that they sub four guys in and out on every play. It's just that fast.
:lol:

Harry_Bagpipe
10-18-2012, 12:26 PM
LMAO.... so fast paced that he has to use timeouts in the first quarter just to slow down his own offense.....

Win

72champagne
10-18-2012, 12:29 PM
sparano can get a special teams unit off the field fast. he also has a quick uppercut fist pump, especially in domes.

dolphone
10-18-2012, 01:30 PM
It's so fast paced Santonio couldn't keep up and broke his foot.

(Too soon?)

Filthy Fin
10-18-2012, 01:35 PM
This thread put a smile on my face. The only thing fast paced is Rex's toe seeking out a place to violate.

Wildbill3
10-18-2012, 02:57 PM
lol. sparano offense... kick from the 50... move it up... kick from the 45... move it up... kick from the 40... move it up... kick from the 35... move it... wait!!! don't be silly... move it back, ... kick from the 40...

Phantom
10-18-2012, 03:28 PM
The only thing he does fast is wave the players of the field after a field goal.

Phin-o-rama
10-18-2012, 07:10 PM
sparano can get a special teams unit off the field fast. he also has a quick uppercut fist pump, especially in domes.

God I remember him doing that all the time...why was he always rushing them off? Never seen a other coach do that

foozool13
10-18-2012, 07:12 PM
LMAO (this time I actually mean that) ... Sparano and fast pace is an oxymoron.

Pinkboy
10-18-2012, 08:47 PM
80% of finheaven wanted to keep Sparano

what happened??

umm, oh, ooh

Locke
10-18-2012, 09:28 PM

what happened??

umm, oh, ooh

I think you may have done the impossible, my friend. You may have stripped dlockz of his negative nancy award. I don't get why posters like you find it necessary to take a dump in everyone's cereal every chance you get...

WVDolphan
10-18-2012, 10:24 PM
I think he means after a special teams play. They are fast paced as hell getting off the field as Tony waves that clipboard towards the sideline after clapping against it a few times.

WVDolphan
10-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Is there not a gif of Tony clapping his right hand on the clipboard that is in his left hand and then him waving it 3 times towards the sideline, repeat cycle 3 times?

There should be. There needs to be. I used to facepalm everytime I saw that ****.

Never understood the rush to get the FG team OFF the field when a TV timeout was coming.

PhinzN703
10-19-2012, 12:48 AM

what happened??

umm, oh, ooh

And where did you get that lovely percentage?

sambrinson
10-19-2012, 07:50 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?305684-Do-you-support-the-retention-of-Tony-Sparano-as-HC

This poll was taken early in the season last year, but not many wanted Sparano then.

nyjunc
10-19-2012, 08:31 AM
It hasn't shown up in games but in TC supposedly they were moving at a really fast tempo. Maybe he is talking about that? I don't know. I wish we'd pick up the pace a bit in games though.

grogan12
10-19-2012, 10:56 AM
It hasn't shown up in games but in TC supposedly they were moving at a really fast tempo. Maybe he is talking about that? I don't know. I wish we'd pick up the pace a bit in games though.

You have a QB that can't complete 50% of his passes and you think speeding up the offense is the answer??? :bobdole:

james_n_wnc
10-19-2012, 01:42 PM
I so agree!