PDA

View Full Version : Obama-Romney word of the day: binders

BAMAPHIN 22
10-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Mitt Romney's citation of "binders" in Tuesday's debate -- during a discussion of efforts to hire more women when he was governor of Massachusetts -- prompted a frenzy on Twitter, and has now found its way into President Obama's stump speech.
"We don't have to order up some binders to find qualified, talented, driven young women to learn and teach and thrive and start businesses," Obama told backers Wednesday night at Ohio University in Athens.
During the debate, Romney said that after his 2002 election as governor, "I went to a number of women's groups and said, can you help us find folks? And they brought us whole binders full of women."
Obama and aides are adding the "binders" quote to their argument that they are better on women's issues than Romney.
Republicans said the new "binder" political meme reflects a lack of substance from Obama.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2012/10/18/obama-romney-binders-election-2012/1640727/

Spesh
10-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Snarky Amazon.com customers (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AusBPaO1fKTfEjdYkaypN1.bCMZ_;_ylu=X3oDMTFkNWJ1MDBuBG1pdANCbG9nIEJvZHkEcG9zAzMEc2VjA01lZGlhQmxvZ0JvZHlBc3NlbWJseQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTM1Y250ZHNvBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDYWY5YTZhNjEtYzIxZS0zYzBhLTgwOTgtMjEyNDdhYzdmZThkBHBzdGNhdANwb2xpdGljc3x0aGV0aWNrZXQEcHQDc3RvcnlwYWdl;_ylv=0/SIG=15ejtnqcv/EXP=1351799950/**http%3A//www.amazon.com/Avery-Durable-Binder-EZ-Turn-17032/dp/B001B0CTMU/ref=sr_1_3%3Fie=UTF8%26%2338;qid=1350571581%26%2338;sr=8-3%26%2338;keywords=binders) have posted slews of fake (though incredibly in-depth) reviews on, you guessed it, binders. Many of the reviews, tongues firmly in cheek, give credit to the binders for their ability to contain females. LeeBo of Raleigh, North Carolina writes, "As a wife and mother, I LOVE this binder. It keeps me in my place, allows me get dinner ready on time, AND costs 72% of more masculine version. Some people might think its sexist, but sheesh, I'm not binding my feet, just my brain."

And the hits keep coming. Martha H. Saltzman writes, "I used to think women were beyond organization till I discovered these binders. Now those pesky women are lined up, organized and orderly." And Maia Appleby writes, "I'm proud to say that I'm in this binder. I've spend 20 years working my way up from Walmart mom to soccer mom, and finally, I've hit the glass ceiling. I'm a binder mom..."

BeckBeck writes (http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Economy-Binder-1-Inch-Round/product-reviews/B000V99JYI/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R14B2G76QX1NOI), "Being a very curvy lady, I really need more of a plus-sized binder to fit into. Will one be made available soon? Otherwise, this binder has everything a woman needs- a small pocket to fit my .70 per dollar, another to store all my recipes for the vast amount of cooking I perform each and every day, plus three separate rings on which to hang my personal belongings. I'll keep my eyes peeled and my fingers crossed that a larger version will soon hit the market. In the meantime, I'm kind of enjoying the "too-tight" look as my entire worth is based on entirely superficial things."

Other reviewers aren't so positive. MMP1980 writes, "This binder is decent, but I would prefer it to include the black plastic thing on the inside so that I can flip the woman back to the front when they get out of line." And Robin H. writes, "This product might be sufficient for smaller projects, but I was looking for a binder that could be made 'full of women.' My project is aimed at improving women's historically lower employment and pay in the U.S. and an information program on TV last night featured a handsome salesman who suggested that binders was the way to go."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/sarcastic-binder-reviews-hit-amazon-155608662.html

phins_4_ever
10-18-2012, 04:16 PM
https://www.facebook.com/romneybindersfullofwomen
:lol:

Those FB groups are just spreading :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/TheBindersFullOfWomen?ref=ts&fref=ts
I like that picture though. Wasn't that steel teeth guy on James Bond?

Locke
10-18-2012, 04:26 PM

Hilarious...

tylerdolphin
10-18-2012, 04:37 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/546804_446252285435384_1645190881_n-1.jpg

phins_4_ever
10-18-2012, 04:46 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/clintonbinders1-1.jpeg

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

and a BBM convo between Hillary and Obama....
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/tumblr_mc2m1aSAos1r331hlo1_500-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

The Net is something wonderful....

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/imagesqtbnANd9GcRHBmEwP4x3YIWFqYQRQXyJ3Q-1.jpg

Locke
10-18-2012, 04:47 PM
:sidelol:

The first one with Clinton coming up the podium has me rolling...

phins_4_ever
10-18-2012, 04:49 PM

The first one with Clinton coming up the podium has me rolling...

I know...you just feel like saying "Tadaaaaaa..."

MoFinz
10-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Big Bird......Binders.....yeah, real issues.

phins_4_ever
10-18-2012, 05:39 PM

Liberals are just more fun....

TrojanFin
10-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Liberals are good at creating memes... just not so much when it comes to creating jobs.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Liberals are good at creating memes... just not so much when it comes to creating jobs.
im sure most of these people who are for a 2nd obama term also believed that jimmy carter was a good president and deserved to win over reagen.

phins_4_ever
10-18-2012, 06:15 PM

Yeah. Sure. 5 Million jobs created. Next.

Spesh
10-18-2012, 06:17 PM

I readily agree that conservatives lack humor. But i'll concede they are brilliant at excuses and distractions.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-18-2012, 06:18 PM
http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000123262&play=1

Locke
10-18-2012, 06:33 PM
You guys need a damn sense of humor. Seeing as these are pretty much making fun of Clinton, I'd think Republicans would appreciate them...

MoFinz
10-18-2012, 06:44 PM

24 million out of work

game set match

phins_4_ever
10-18-2012, 08:15 PM
24 million out of work

game set match

Why is the right never giving up?
And using Romney's numbers???

http://factcheck.org/2012/10/dubious-denver-debate-declarations/

Romney overstated the number of unemployed Americans when he said that there were “23 million people out of work.” There were 12.5 million (http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.a.htm) unemployed Americans in August, the most recent figures from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Romney meant to refer to the unemployed, plus those working part-time who want full-time work (8 million) and those who are considered “marginally attached” (http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm) to the labor force because they have not looked for work in the past four weeks (2.6 million). All of that adds up to 23.1 million. Romney got his talking point closer to the truth when he said, “We’ve got 23 million people out of work or stopped looking for work in this country.” But he still left out the 8 million who are working part-time for economic reasons.

Game, Set, Match? Yeah right......You better forfeit.

Dolphins9954
10-18-2012, 08:17 PM

How much were lost???

phins_4_ever
10-18-2012, 09:11 PM
http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000123262&play=1

And the right can't even make an argument for themselves. How about I make one for you?

That guy is wrong. He is trying to put job losses and job gains and comes up with 0. That number is incorrect. We have actually less employment now than in 2009. If he wants to make a case against Obama he could argue that we have net loss of full time employment of 2.5 Million since Obama took office. (some argue that that number is only 550,000).

But my number was about job creation. You can not create jobs if you lose employment on a monthly basis. First you have to stop the bleeding and get the economy on a positive footage. Once you stop the bleeding you can hope that the job market creates job. Of course in case of a recession the slack goes for months into the new Presidency or do you expect a President to turn the switch and everything is honky-dory?
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/JobGrowthChartPelosi-1.jpg
This chart represents quite well how the job loss/growth went (up until March). The job bleeding essentially stopped one year after Obama took office. Are the 5 Million jobs created enough to wipe out all the job losses? No. Of course not. But you have also a party which said no to a job creation bills (American Jobs Act 2011) which would have created or saved anywhere between 300,000 and 2 Million jobs (depending on who you are listen to) plus the veterans job act of 2012.

My number is derived from the statement by Barack Obama "in the last 30 months" basically the first months after the bleeding was stopped which came from the horse pile of crap the right left this country with. So yes they created 5 Million jobs.

What we have learned though is that the right is so desperate that they totally neglect the immediate past and the poo-poo they left this country in, they revel in job losses to make an argument because the hatred for the 'first muslim' President is too great and they hang their hopes on a person who is not only cheating on the truth like every politician but outright lying with even the easiest answers. And he is the poster child of what is and was wrong with this country: a professional corporate liquidator and outsourcer who in his ventures in government and the Olympics required tax and fee increases and government bailout money. He is Bush on steroids.

MoFinz
10-19-2012, 01:40 PM
You argue job creation? Do you even grasp how that "number" can be manipulated. The only jobs the government can legitimately claim as their own are government hires. Private sector jobs are affected by policy, but the government cant claim "saving or creating" x amount of private sector jobs, thats totally subjective

TheWalrus
10-19-2012, 01:50 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/74842_164954510310701_1286482340_n-1.jpg
Would listen.

phins_4_ever
10-19-2012, 01:54 PM
You argue job creation? Do you even grasp how that "number" can be manipulated. The only jobs the government can legitimately claim as their own are government hires. Private sector jobs are affected by policy, but the government cant claim "saving or creating" x amount of private sector jobs, thats totally subjective

Great comeback. Awesome. If everything fails make the claim that numbers can be manipulated.

So your wild numbers claim (without any substance) is not manipulated but my response is? Grandiose. Formidable. You really hit the home run. Yeah, you are right: game, set, match with your absolutely non-manipulated real numbers.

cuzinvinny
10-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Did you hear Romney ran into the Iranian President Ahmadinejad and the Iranian was telling Romney that he loved Star Trek and notice that the Enterprise had Americans Russians Africans Scottish, Oriental, but was wondering why it did not have any Iranians....

Well Romney gave him a deep star and said that the reason the Enterprise didn't have any Iranians was because Star Trek took place in the future..

Locke
10-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Did you hear Romney ran into the Iranian President Ahmadinejad and the Iranian was telling Romney that he loved Star Trek and notice that the Enterprise had Americans Russians Africans Scottish, Oriental, but was wondering why it did not have any Iranians....

Well Romney gave him a deep star and said that the reason the Enterprise didn't have any Iranians was because Star Trek took place in the future..

Absolutely the worst attempt at a joke I've read. I feel like I lost IQ points in the process of reading it...

MoFinz
10-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Great comeback. Awesome. If everything fails make the claim that numbers can be manipulated.

So your wild numbers claim (without any substance) is not manipulated but my response is? Grandiose. Formidable. You really hit the home run. Yeah, you are right: game, set, match with your absolutely non-manipulated real numbers.

Bottom line....23 million unemployed, underemployed or given up. The only jobs government can claim as created or saved are government jobs, either created or contracted, not private sector jobs. If you really think Obama has succeeded, well as Guns n Roses advised, Use Your Illusion.
You really buttressed your argument beautifully. Instead of refuting a factual statement you drop back ten and punt with sarcasm and snarkiness. Put on your big boy pants and spin those numbers into a success story for the President

cuzinvinny
10-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Absolutely the worst attempt at a joke I've read. I feel like I lost IQ points in the process of reading it...

Sorry but thats really not impossible...

Locke
10-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Sorry but thats really not impossible...

Oh man, you're full of middle school zingers today, aren't you...?

Spesh
10-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Bottom line....23 million unemployed, underemployed or given up. The only jobs government can claim as created or saved are government jobs, either created or contracted, not private sector jobs. If you really think Obama has succeeded, well as Guns n Roses advised, Use Your Illusion.
You really buttressed your argument beautifully. Instead of refuting a factual statement you drop back ten and punt with sarcasm and snarkiness. Put on your big boy pants and spin those numbers into a success story for the President

Wonder who started the snarkiness and sarcasm trend in a amusing thread about binders....

cuzinvinny
10-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Oh man, you're full of middle school zingers today, aren't you...?

Ya Locke , Actually I'm feeling really good... and enjoy watching a few of you guys on the verge of having a cardiac arrest...trying to convince others or more important yourslves, of a Obama victory ........ Hey my friend you can stick a fork in him, he's done.........and Im feelin alright.....

Locke
10-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Ya Locke , Actually I'm feeling really good... and enjoy watching a few of you guys on the verge of having a cardiac arrest...trying to convince others or more important yourslves, of a Obama victory ........ Hey my friend you can stick a fork in him, he's done.........and Im feelin alright.....

Who is having cardiac arrest? Regardless of whether Romney or Obama wins, my life isn't going to change. Maybe next year when I'm done with my PhD, but even then if I ever get above that 250K per year mark, it won't be until well after whoever wins next month is out of office. But all of you people acting like Obama is the end of the world fail to realize that nothing about your life now is different than 6 years ago when Bush was in office. All you are doing is playing into the ridiculous partisanship that has gripped this country. If anything, it's you ridiculous partisans who are the ones losing your mind over it...

CedarPhin
10-19-2012, 06:13 PM
See ya Vinny.

MoFinz
10-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Wonder who started the snarkiness and sarcasm trend in a amusing thread about binders....

My big bird post was about the absurdness of the issue being made.

I responded to snarky post in like kind in this thread. Do you often try to correlate things that e nothing to do with the other, or do you seek out conflicts with others where none exists? Or is the poster i was taking issue with someone you have a personal interest in?
Doesnt matter, you have not added anything to this conversation, so in this instance, you my friend are dismissed

Spesh
10-19-2012, 06:47 PM
My big bird post was about the absurdness of the issue being made.

I responded to snarky post in like kind in this thread. Do you often try to correlate things that e nothing to do with the other, or do you seek out conflicts with others where none exists? Or is the poster i was taking issue with someone you have a personal interest in?
Doesnt matter, you have not added anything to this conversation, so in this instance, you my friend are dismissed

I didnt realize there was an issue. Just a few of us having a laugh over a politically related internet meme. As it wasnt directed at Obama, i can understand how offensive you must have found it.

And my point is, if you are going to make snarky and sarcastic posts, you probably shouldnt complain when someone returns the favor. And my interest was only in your own safety, i was pointing out the rocks being tossed around your glass house. I apologize for such a intrusion and will readily step back so you can proceed with the slinging. No doubt it will be the governments fault when the house shatters.

MoFinz
10-19-2012, 06:57 PM
I didnt realize there was an issue. Just a few of us having a laugh over a politically related internet meme. As it wasnt directed at Obama, i can understand how offensive you must have found it.

And my point is, if you are going to make snarky and sarcastic posts, you probably shouldnt complain when someone returns the favor. And my interest was only in your own safety, i was pointing out the rocks being tossed around your glass house. I apologize for such a intrusion and will readily step back so you can proceed with the slinging. No doubt it will be the governments fault when the house shatters.

Wow. Guess i'll wait for you to get me banned too. You know, i roamed these forums for a long time, ive seen more BS than you can imagine. Yours included. I reply in kind to the posters i respond to. You want to be the hall monitor now. Check the posts, I don't really care much for Obama or Romney. But because i post a contrary view, in your eyes i'm strictly against Obama. Son, go buy yourself a clue.
I dont know vinny, i dont know what issues you all had, but i looked at his profile and his past posts and i didnt see anything that approached a ban offense. If people cant tolerate a little dlissent, even if it is a little goofy at times, then what the hell is the point.
I'm taking a break. You guys enjoy your little clique

p.s. look at your reply to me and see the snarkiness of your own post. Does that make you a hypocrite or just an avenging angel?

Spesh
10-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Wow. Guess i'll wait for you to get me banned too. You know, i roamed these forums for a long time, ive seen more BS than you can imagine. Yours included. I reply in kind to the posters i respond to. You want to be the hall monitor now. Check the posts, I don't really care much for Obama or Romney. But because i post a contrary view, in your eyes i'm strictly against Obama. Son, go buy yourself a clue.
I dont know vinny, i dont know what issues you all had, but i looked at his profile and his past posts and i didnt see anything that approached a ban offense. If people cant tolerate a little dlissent, even if it is a little goofy at times, then what the hell is the point.
I'm taking a break. You guys enjoy your little clique

p.s. look at your reply to me and see the snarkiness of your own post. Does that make you a hypocrite or just an avenging angel?

Cant ban anyone, not a mod. And not in favor of the banning of Cuzinvinny, was having way to much fun with him. All i did was respond to his post with, what i thought at least, was an amusing rebuttal. It got removed as well.

Dont mind the sound of avenging angel though. Has a nice ring to it. It was merely another example of what happens when rocks are thrown. I tend to throw back. Again: avenging angel. Or hypocrite. Im good with either.

phins_4_ever
10-19-2012, 11:01 PM

Your factual statement was

24 million out of work

game set match

And game, set match is not a snarky and sarcastic comment???

No wonder you all love Romney and Ryan so much. You all suffer under Romnesia.

phins_4_ever
10-19-2012, 11:05 PM

Who is having a cardiac arrest???? Not me. As a matter of fact I am enjoying myself. Like I said before you are amusing.

As Locke said: if Romney wins my life goes on. From a financial stand point I should be a Romney fan as I would benefit from his 20% tax cuts the higher incomes will get.
And if Obama wins I might pay higher taxes but my life still goes on.

Life is such a beautiful thing and politics don't make or break my life.