PDA

View Full Version : Jets complaints about Pats hurry up offense.

DisturbedShifty
10-20-2012, 07:22 PM
The game hasn't even been played and they are already bitching. Yesh....

Jets linebacker Calvin Pace recently called the Patriots’ no-huddle offense “borderline illegal.”  The Jets apparently believe that it’s the officials, not the Pats, who are failing to follow the rules.

Defensive coordinator Mike Pettine has explained to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News that the Jets will be emphasizing to officials the provisions that allow defenses to react and adapt to changes made in the offensive lineup.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/20/jets-want-officials-to-give-defense-more-time-to-substitute-against-pats/

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

CalDolFan10x14
10-21-2012, 04:52 PM
The Jets should worry about their special teams getting gashed. :lol:

DphinBillkiller
10-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Jets could be looking at back to back losses.

phinasota
10-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Just like the jests to cry about a game they haven't even played yet. Worried about the pats play style because they know they are no where close to being good enough to stop them. Cuz they know the offense isn't gonna win this one for them! Hahaha I would be embarrased if I was a jests fan

DisturbedShifty
10-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Seems as how this is paying off so far. As of this post it is 10-16, with the Jets in the red zone.

EDIT: 13-16

Mike13
10-21-2012, 07:05 PM
LOL they wont be too happy when we play them.

Yamilo
10-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Whole lot of fist pumping in this game....

nyjunc
10-22-2012, 08:03 AM
there should be a ton of complaints to the league after this one.

The illegal challenge of the Hernandez would be fumble
the clock shenanigans after we forced the fumble on the KR w/ around 2 mins left
the PI which came from 25 yds across the field 10 seconds after the play in OT which set up the GW FG

we still had chances and still should have won but we got screwed.

grogan12
10-22-2012, 09:26 AM

the clock shenanigans after we forced the fumble on the KR w/ around 2 mins left
the PI which came from 25 yds across the field 10 seconds after the play in OT which set up the GW FG

:boohoo::boohoo:Awe you mad?

nyjunc
10-22-2012, 09:50 AM
:boohoo::boohoo:Awe you mad?

Of course I am, we still should have won but against a team as good as NE when they get breaks like that it's not easy to overcome.

SpurzN703
10-22-2012, 11:04 AM

So now the Hernandez play was a fumble? Who knew?

jared81
10-22-2012, 11:13 AM

stop crying. you guys lost the game. you had plenty of chances to win and you didnt. facts are facts. youre 3-4. get over it.

nyjunc
10-22-2012, 11:46 AM
So now the Hernandez play was a fumble? Who knew?

wasn't a fumble(very close, I'm still not sure) but regardless of that it is illegal to throw a challenge flag on a TO play b/c it is automatically reviewed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000051219/article/mike-mccarthy-packers-learn-new-rule-the-hard-way

The New Guy
10-22-2012, 12:30 PM

The Hernandez play should have never been ruled a fumble in the first place. It didn't seem like the refs were going to challenge the play, and Billichick threw the challenge flag. By the new rule, it should have been a 15 yard penalty on NE. It would have been 1st and goal from the 16. It is a ridiculous rule. You can say the Jets got screwed on that play, but NE got screwed first with the refs calling it a fumble and not immediately reviewing it.

The clock should have stopped at 2:01. That is exactly the time when #39 (Allen) recovered the fumble and was touched down by a NE player. The official was 5 feet away from the play and could clearly see the recovery, and him being touched down by NE.

You don't think Wilson interfered? It was strange that it was called by the official down the field instead of the one closer to the players, but he did interfere.

Bottom line is, the Jets blew that game, not the officials. There is nothing to whine about when they had so many opportunities to win the game.

nyjunc
10-22-2012, 12:41 PM
The Hernandez play should have never been ruled a fumble in the first place. It didn't seem like the refs were going to challenge the play, and Billichick threw the challenge flag. By the new rule, it should have been a 15 yard penalty on NE. It would have been 1st and goal from the 16. It is a ridiculous rule. You can say the Jets got screwed on that play, but NE got screwed first with the refs calling it a fumble and not immediately reviewing it.

The clock should have stopped at 2:01. That is exactly the time when #39 (Allen) recovered the fumble and was touched down by a NE player. The official was 5 feet away from the play and could clearly see the recovery, and him being touched down by NE.

You don't think Wilson interfered? It was strange that it was called by the official down the field instead of the one closer to the players, but he did interfere.

Bottom line is, the Jets blew that game, not the officials. There is nothing to whine about when they had so many opportunities to win the game.

The Hernandez play was very close, you could see why they originally called it a fumble and based on BB throwing the flag it should have been a penalty.

they started the clock late and the clock stopepd the 2nd we jumped on it, when does it ever stop instantly? we got screwed there.

The PI was 50/50, I wouldn't have been upset if the ref right there threw it and threw it right away but it was from across the field and thrown late. There were other times NE Dbs did more than that w/ no calls so I think that was a bad one.

The Jets had chances, i didn't blame the officials but it's hard enough to win in Foxboro when things are equal which they certainly were not late in that game. We still should have won but we got screwed.

FinfanInBuffalo
10-22-2012, 01:15 PM
they started the clock late and the clock stopepd the 2nd we jumped on it, when does it ever stop instantly?

Whenever you are the away team.

When it comes right down to it, Sanchez cannot fumble at the end. He is an idiot for trying to throw that ball away as he is getting hit. That play messes up a good game for him.

nyjunc
10-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Whenever you are the away team.

When it comes right down to it, Sanchez cannot fumble at the end. He is an idiot for trying to throw that ball away as he is getting hit. That play messes up a good game for him.

we still should have won. bad calls, no bad calls we had the game in our hands and failed.

DisturbedShifty
10-22-2012, 02:11 PM
we still should have won. bad calls, no bad calls we had the game in our hands and failed.

Now you sound like us when after our first few games this season. And I clearly remember you saying/implying that it doesn't matter the reasons, Miami still lost.

The same applies here. You can give all the reasons you want. Jets still lost. Accept it and move on.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

nyjunc
10-22-2012, 02:13 PM
isn't that what I wrote?

The New Guy
10-22-2012, 02:46 PM
The Hernandez play was very close, you could see why they originally called it a fumble and based on BB throwing the flag it should have been a penalty.

they started the clock late and the clock stopepd the 2nd we jumped on it, when does it ever stop instantly? we got screwed there.

The PI was 50/50, I wouldn't have been upset if the ref right there threw it and threw it right away but it was from across the field and thrown late. There were other times NE Dbs did more than that w/ no calls so I think that was a bad one.

The Jets had chances, i didn't blame the officials but it's hard enough to win in Foxboro when things are equal which they certainly were not late in that game. We still should have won but we got screwed.

The Hernandez play was close, but they incorrectly ruled it a fumble. It also seemed like the play was not going to be reviewed. BB threw the flag which should have been a penalty according to the new rules. I just think it is silly to whine about that when the officials made the wrong call and seemed like they were not going to review it. All turnovers are supposed to be reviewed automatically, unless it is very clear (which is left up to the desecration of the officials). If I didn't think they were going to review it, I would have thrown the challenge flag as well. His forearm was down, and it was not a fumble. If the officials got that call right in the first place, or reviewed it sooner, there would have been no need for BB to throw the challenge flag. It really is a stupid rule and should be done away with.

The clock starts when the player touches the ball. It should stop when the player recovered the ball and was down by contact. Get a stop watch out and try it yourself.

There were times when the Jets did things that were not called and were called on NE. Hill pushed off on one play with no call, but Lloyd got called for doing less later in the game. Just becasue the Hill push off was not called does not mean that the Lloyd push off should not have been called. Wilson interfered, and it should have been called. It doesn't matter to me if the flag is late or if it came from the guy further away from the play, as long as the right call is made.

The Jets screwed themselves, not the officials.

nyjunc
10-22-2012, 02:52 PM
The Hernandez play was close, but they incorrectly ruled it a fumble. It also seemed like the play was not going to be reviewed. BB threw the flag which should have been a penalty according to the new rules. I just think it is silly to whine about that when the officials made the wrong call and seemed like they were not going to review it. All turnovers are supposed to be reviewed automatically, unless it is very clear (which is left up to the desecration of the officials). If I didn't think they were going to review it, I would have thrown the challenge flag as well. His forearm was down, and it was not a fumble. If the officials got that call right in the first place, or reviewed it sooner, there would have been no need for BB to throw the challenge flag. It really is a stupid rule and should be done away with.

The clock starts when the player touches the ball. It should stop when the player recovered the ball and was down by contact. Get a stop watch out and try it yourself.

There were times when the Jets did things that were not called and were called on NE. Hill pushed off on one play with no call, but Lloyd got called for doing less later in the game. Just becasue the Hill push off was not called does not mean that the Lloyd push off should not have been called. Wilson interfered, and it should have been called. It doesn't matter to me if the flag is late or if it came from the guy further away from the play, as long as the right call is made.

The Jets screwed themselves, not the officials.

we've been screwed many tims, the title game 2 years ago if they call that incomplete on the field it wouldn't have been overturned- it was that close. This play was extremly close yesterday and I'm still not sure he was down. His hand touched down but that doesn't matter, it was really close and by the rules BB should have gotten a penalty.

check the clip below, they don't start the clock until he is around the 10 after catching it in the EZ then it stops immediately when we jump on it - when does that ever happen?

LVWWRl932RM

Hill barely touched the DB, lloyd threw our guy out of the way. The Wilson play was close, could have gone either way. The man that could see it didn't throw his flag but a man 30 yds away saw it. right.

AGAIN, we still should have won but we did get screwed.

FinfanInBuffalo
10-22-2012, 03:03 PM
we've been screwed many tims, the title game 2 years ago if they call that incomplete on the field it wouldn't have been overturned- it was that close. This play was extremly close yesterday and I'm still not sure he was down. His hand touched down but that doesn't matter, it was really close and by the rules BB should have gotten a penalty.

check the clip below, they don't start the clock until he is around the 10 after catching it in the EZ then it stops immediately when we jump on it - when does that ever happen?

LVWWRl932RM

Hill barely touched the DB, lloyd threw our guy out of the way. The Wilson play was close, could have gone either way. The man that could see it didn't throw his flag but a man 30 yds away saw it. right.

Only the blown delay of game call was a legitimate screw up by the refs. The others are just normal calls.

nyjunc
10-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Only the blown delay of game call was a legitimate screw up by the refs. The others are just normal calls.

it's normal for a clock to start near the 10 yd line when a guy catches it in the EZ? it's normal for the clock to stop the instant a player jumps on the ball? we got screwed but we still should have won. we weren't good enough to overcome when we should have been.

FinfanInBuffalo
10-22-2012, 03:07 PM
it's normal for a clock to start near the 10 yd line when a guy catches it in the EZ? it's normal for the clock to stop the instant a player jumps on the ball? we got screwed but we still should have won. we weren't good enough to overcome when we should have been.

The clock jumps from 2:06 to 2:04 (at least that is what it looks like to me) when he reaches the 10 yard line. Seems like a quirk in the updating of the screen not a delay in starting the clock. As far as the stoppage. yeah, that's normal for the home team.

FinfanInBuffalo
10-22-2012, 03:09 PM
The clock jumps from 2:06 to 2:04 (at least that is what it looks like to me) when he reaches the 10 yard line. Seems like a quirk in the updating of the screen not a delay in starting the clock. As far as the stoppage. yeah, that's normal for the home team.

I just rewatched after zooming in. Looks file to me. Switches to 2:05 right around the 7 and to 2:06 just after the 10.

nyjunc
10-22-2012, 03:18 PM
the :05 and :06 sort of blend but it was still started late and stopped too quickly, our guy is rolling on the round at :01 and the clock doesn't keep going?

The New Guy
10-22-2012, 03:28 PM

LVWWRl932RM

His forearm was touching the ground and he still had the ball in his possession. It was not a fumble. BB should have gotten a penalty according to the new rule, but that is a stupid rule and it was the officials mistake by incorrectly ruling it a fumble and being slow to review it.

The clock starts when the player touches the ball. That doesn't mean that the clock should go from 2:06 to 2:05 as soon as he touches the ball. That second needs to pass before that happens. In the clip you posted, you can pause it when he gets to the 5 yardline, and see that the clock shows 2:05 at that point. It continues to run until the Jets recover and are touched down.

Hill pushed off just as bad as Lloyd did. Hill didn't get called and Lloyd did. I hate the Pats as much as you do, but you are reaching with this stuff. Bad calls and non calls happen all the time. The ones you are talking about were not bad calls. Hernandez did not fumble, the clock started and stopped when it was supposed to, and Wilson did interfere. Even if all of those were bad calls ( which they were not) it did not cost the Jets the game. Again, the Jets screwed themselves, not the officials.

the :05 and :06 sort of blend but it was still started late and stopped too quickly, our guy is rolling on the round at :01 and the clock doesn't keep going?

#39 recovered the ball with 2:02 left, he gets touched down at 2:01 which is when the clock stops. It doesn't matter what they are doing after all of that. It was already recovered and touched down at 2:01.

Clipse
10-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Junc crying per the usual. McCourty gifted the Jets the game. Your terrible QB played as good as you could ever hope for him to play. Despite this, you still managed to lose. Congratulations, the Jets suck.