PDA

View Full Version : Chad Henne strikes for the Jaguars!

Sirspud
10-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Didn't get to watch this one on TV, but started following the gametrack when I saw Henne had replaced Gabbert due to injury. Chad entered the game with at least a TD lead and managed to go only 9/20 for 71 yards. He got the ball multiple times at the end of the game with a chance to mount a drive and win the game, and just like the Henne we all knew, absolutely could not do it.

Good riddance!

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Didn't get to watch this one on TV, but started following the gametrack when I saw Henne had replaced Gabbert due to injury. Chad entered the game with at least a TD lead and managed to go only 9/20 for 71 yards. He got the ball multiple times at the end of the game with a chance to mount a drive and win the game, and just like the Henne we all knew, absolutely could not do it.

Good riddance!as hard as it is to do, henne made gabbart look decent

JCane
10-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Eff him.

vega51
10-21-2012, 07:57 PM
what a difference to have Tanny over Henne

metalman32060
10-21-2012, 07:58 PM
They both suck

MiamiNative0722
He looked so bad out there. It was pathetic

Dolphin_Daz
I had NFL Redzone on for the two late games. Henne was very poor, and he takes a huge amount of blame for that defeat. He was throwing bullets instead of touch passes and his vision isnt there. That being said, the Jags arent a good side either.

bobw999
10-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Henne was garbage. Worse than I remember, or maybe I'm just accustomed to good QB play now. I called it when it went into OT that Henne would throw a pick to set the Raiders up for an easy FG. I was close enough.

Vertical Limit
10-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Did you even read yourself? I don't like Henne as much as the next guy and glad he's not in our team anymore but he was brought in for Gabbert, the guy has not taken any first team snaps all year long. Give the guy a break, sheesh. Expecting him to be Aaron Rodgers off the bench without being part of the game plan or having any snaps with the starting unit is ridiculous.

mrhankey81701
10-21-2012, 08:01 PM
The soon to be la jaguars should blow it up and draft either Barkley or geno smith

Sirspud
Just saw the NBC highlights and Henne actually had a two TD lead!

I realize the Jags aren't very good, but they literally needed him to just make one good drive in the second half to put the game away. Couldn't do it.

bobw999
Jags O-Line is garbage. Marc Culombo would look like an all pro on that line.

Mogwai
10-21-2012, 08:02 PM
He was ****ing terrible. Watching him it was embarrassing to remember we were once supposed to accept him as our future. He's a backup for the worst team in football and is lucky to have even that job.

YoungTannehill1
I think Henne is a better QB than Gabbert, Sanchez. Not saying much but... just saying

flynryan15
56 total yards in the second half and ot! enough said Henne blows beens saying it since he was at Michigan.

Xeus24
10-21-2012, 08:03 PM
I watched some of that game since Im in Orlando. He would sit in the pocket and take huge sacks. Memories of when he was with the Phins just wouldn't pull the trigger

EmperorPhin
10-21-2012, 08:04 PM
The soon to be la jaguars should blow it up and draft either Barkley or geno smith
Yeah cuz Geno Smith has looked sensational the past 2 weeks

WVDolphan
10-21-2012, 08:05 PM

Yea, because those 2 players are definately comparable. Get real. Geno Smith is hot garbage.

Chad Henne is the worst. :lol: Somebody still made an excuse for him too. Something about no snaps with first teamers. :lol:

The Faiders did also not gameplan for Chad Henne's garbage either. So there are some advantages to coming into a situation like that. No matter what, Henne is absolutely terrible. I cant believe we started him for so long. Other teams mustve laughed so hard at us. :lol: People still taking up for Henne. :rotfl1: I thought it was bad when he was still on our team.

CalDolFan1014
10-21-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm glad he's no longer with us. Henne the horrible.

shanegerard
10-21-2012, 08:08 PM
The throw away on 4th and 1 was the playof the year. If anyone missed it, he rolled right, couldn't get there with his legs but had ample time to pull up and find someone, even a hail mary, but instead he throws it away. 1st down Raiders at the 40.

uk_dolfan
10-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Pathetic excuse for a QB. Throwing the ball into the stands on fourth down summed him up perfectly.

If Gabbart is hurt maybe we can trade them Moore (who is better than Gabbart anyway) and Matt can take his place in the team two years in a row.

bobw999
10-21-2012, 08:09 PM
The throw away on 4th and 1 was the playof the year. If anyone missed it, he rolled right, couldn't get there with his legs but had ample time to pull up and find someone, even a hail mary, but instead he throws it away. 1st down Raiders at the 40.

And it would've been better if he gave up a pick too, since it would've pinned the raiders further back.

WVDolphan
10-21-2012, 08:10 PM

:rotfl1:

flynryan15
10-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Did you even read yourself? I don't like Henne as much as the next guy and glad he's not in our team anymore but he was brought in for Gabbert, the guy has not taken any first team snaps all year long. Give the guy a break, sheesh. Expecting him to be Aaron Rodgers off the bench without being part of the game plan or having any snaps with the starting unit is ridiculous.

Just stop!

Casas9425
10-21-2012, 08:12 PM
I think Henne is a better QB than Gabbert, Sanchez. Not saying much but... just saying
Both of those guys are better than him. Henne is pathetic.

Adam First
10-21-2012, 08:14 PM
as hard as it is to do, henne made gabbart look decent

No he didn't.

This game was featured prominently on Red Zone (thanks to it being game #2 of 2 games during the late afternoon)

He was absolutely putrid, and the Jaguars offense was running in quicksand with him behind center. Basically reliving a nightmare for the past three seasons for a Dolphins fan

flynryan15
10-21-2012, 08:16 PM
No he didn't.

This game was featured prominently on Red Zone (thanks to it being game #2 of 2 games during the late afternoon)

He was absolutely putrid, and the Jaguars offense was running in quicksand with him behind center. Basically reliving a nightmare for the past three seasons for a Dolphins fan

You read that post wrong

shanegerard
10-21-2012, 08:16 PM
Gabbert at least has the balls to try some deep throws and MAYBE one day could be a Kevin Kolb level guy. Henne is complete junk who after 8 years as a starter in college and the pros still cant throw a touch pass or read a basic defense

Adam First
10-21-2012, 08:17 PM
You read that post wrong

I did read that post wrong.

Oops!

J. David Wannyheimer
10-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Laughing my ass off at Henne throwing it away on 4th down. That's our boy.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-21-2012, 10:17 PM
i really dont understand how ****ing bad he could be.

u r on the one team in the nfl where u actually have a realistic shot to look like a decent qb due to the guy u r being compared to in blane gabbert, yet u still somehow find a way to make gabbert look like a decent starting qb. wow

up by 2 tds against a putrid raider team and cant find 1 good drive to put the game away. what a joke.

also as i was watching parts of this game today, i noticed that they do not target justin blackmon at all. wtf then would u take him so high if u r not going to try and get him involved? its not like u have so much great depth at the wr position.

if we cant beat this jaguars team by at least 20 points itd be a failure. there is nothing good about this team. everything sucks on that team, with the exception of jones drew.

Wildbill3
10-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Laughing my ass off at Henne throwing it away on 4th down. That's our boy.
wow. the checkdown robot strikes again.

J. David Wannyheimer
10-21-2012, 11:07 PM
All I know is that my nightmare scenario is playing the Jaguars and Chad Henne having the opportunity to point at his knee.

Strangeworld
10-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Good lord was he atrocious... Jags had something like 20 yards in total O with him at the helm.

i still can't believe it took Ireland FOUR years to realize he was not the answer.

Sirspud
10-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Already a thread going that was sent to General NFL.

CANDolphan
10-21-2012, 11:34 PM
This has nothing to do with Miami.

10-21-2012, 11:46 PM
Soo...anyone else wondering why this thread is still up?...or started???

twohype
10-21-2012, 11:47 PM
They both suck

Clearly you must mean Henne and Gabbart suck because that's pretty clear.............but if ya talkin T-Hill.......you're nuts

Wildbill3
10-21-2012, 11:51 PM
Soo...anyone else wondering why this thread is still up?...or started???
probably because admins and mods are busy with other stuff and nobody reported this thread and instead just complained about it inside the thread? maybe that's it. you're welcome tho.

10-22-2012, 12:13 AM
Not complaining, thanks for moving tho!

Strangeworld
10-22-2012, 01:32 AM
If you go to the Jags forum there are multiple threads and posts about his "performance".

Many said it was the single WORST QB performance they have ever seen.

And to think his apologists were out in full force when he was here... Truly laughable.

SpurzN703
10-22-2012, 11:08 AM
I always had hope for Henne too. Oh well

WVDolphan
10-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Man I hope Henne is at QB when we play the Jags. That will be funny, satisfying, and just a ****ing blast.

Tunaphish429
10-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Chad Henne sucks...thats for sure......

WVDolphan
10-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Good lord was he atrocious... Jags had something like 20 yards in total O with him at the helm.

i still can't believe it took Ireland FOUR years to realize he was not the answer.

Bill Parcells thought it was good value to get Henne in the 2nd and was the major justification for passing on Matt Ryan! :rotfl1:

Sparano continued to start him thinking Henne was the answer. :lol:

Sirspud
10-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Bill Parcells thought it was good value to get Henne in the 2nd and was the major justification for passing on Matt Ryan! :rotfl1:

Sparano continued to start him thinking Henne was the answer. :lol:

Remind of a time when Sparano really had a reasonable chance to go with somebody else. Thigpen wasn't starting caliber, but Sparano did bench Henne for Pennington when he wasn't performing. Unfortunately, Pennington lasted all of two plays. Matt Moore proved himself to be an upgrade, but how many people really thought that Moore was brought in to be a starter candidate from the get go? Certainly not the multitude of fans cheering for Orton in TC last year, and whats to say that Sparano wouldn't have benched Henne at some point last year if he hadn't been injured?

I've never seen any evidence that says Sparano was gung ho about Henne was everyone else in the organization was trying to talk him out of it. Sparano wasn't in the position to bring in a better QB, that's the GM's job, and they failed to do that even after our owner told us addressing the QB position was a priority after 2010. How is that Sparano's fault?