PDA

View Full Version : "Tebow The Terrible" - Multiple Jest Players Slam Woody's Folly

Vaark
11-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Most of em aside from the Cushing's last favorite individual, Slauson, are hiding behind their anonymous quotes. But is anyone surprised - by the lack of personal accountability and/or the consensus sentiment? I've got a shiny bridge to sell cheap to anyone who doesn't believe that Woody Johnson did not foist Baby Jesus on the team in a pathetic grab for back page headlines

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/tebow-terrible-jets-mates-rip-qb-article-1.1201722

excerpt:

More than a dozen Jets players and members of the organization painted a sobering picture of the player who rallied the Broncos to the playoffs last season. In their eyes, heís simply not very good.

The prevailing thought in the organization is that Tebow is nothing more than a gimmick.

ďHeís terrible,Ē a defensive starter told the Daily News.

Although Tebow told The News last month that he has made improvements as a quarterback over the past few months, none of the people in the organization who spoke to The News shared that sentiment.

Both offensive and defensive players admitted that they hadnít noticed any appreciable improvement in Tebowís quarterback skills in practice since he was traded to the Jets in March. Tebow has been a poor practice player throughout his career. His current teammates echoed sentiments from Denver Broncos players a year ago about the lefthanded signal callerís poor practice performance.

The 3-6 Jetsí dwindling playoff chances havenít changed this mind-set in the locker room: Tebow isnít a panacea.

Despite Mark Sanchezís league-low 52% completion rate and league-high four red-zone interceptions, the players believe he should remain the starter over Tebow, who has accounted for only 132 total yards and averaged seven offensive snaps per game. Rex Ryan has backed Sanchez without publicly guaranteeing that he will be the starting quarterback for the rest of the season.

Left guard Matt Slauson, who has repeatedly supported Sanchez, made it clear that the fourth-year signal caller is the Jetsí best quarterback.

ďItís not even close,Ē Slauson said. ďAll the other quarterbacks know it. I have all the confidence in Mark. We donít really have a choice.Ē

nyjunc
11-14-2012, 10:50 AM
always worried about the Jets.

WVDolphan
11-14-2012, 12:30 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/14/jets-teammate-says-tim-tebow-cant-start-because-hes-terrible/

The line "I have confidence in Mark. We dont have a choice".

Basically telling you that the only reason he has confidence in Mark Sanchez is because he HAS TO!! :lol: :rotfl1: THE JESTS! :lol:

jetsattack
11-14-2012, 12:46 PM
jets have definitely pulled ahead of you guys on the list of laughing stock teams in the league.

MadDog 88
11-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Whats worse is that in another article from ESPN, a Jets official in defense of Sanchez says he has nobody to work with on offense. The official went as far to say the "WR corps is garbage."

What a pathetic franchise.

nyjunc
11-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Whats worse is that in another article from ESPN, a Jets official in defense of Sanchez says he has nobody to work with on offense. The official went as far to say the "WR corps is garbage."

What a pathetic franchise.

it's gutless to give those quotes but we have no idea who said it. Everyone has their own agenda, keep that in mind.

CChambers84
11-14-2012, 04:34 PM
always worried about the Jets.
Dude shut up. You went out of your way to make a thread for Ryan Tannehill..so please stfu

nyjunc
11-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Dude shut up. You went out of your way to make a thread for Ryan Tannehill..so please stfu

did I bash him or just post interesting info?

SpurzN703
11-14-2012, 05:39 PM
did I bash him or just post interesting info?

As you've said a hundred times, this site exists to have discussions about the Dolphins, Jets, and whoever else. If this thread didn't exist, I would've made it b/c I just saw the original article upon logging in to FH right now.

Am I worried about the Jets? Not by a long shot. We're here to discuss Tebow being bashed by someone within his organization.

MadDog 88
11-15-2012, 04:36 AM
Of course Rex chimes in and refers to the anonymous players as cowards. Now Shonn Greene says maybe its Tebow Time. What a bunch of ass clowns. They have surpassed the idiocy of Al Davis and the dark days of the Raiders.

nyjunc
11-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Of course Rex chimes in and refers to the anonymous players as cowards. Now Shonn Greene says maybe its Tebow Time. What a bunch of ass clowns. They have surpassed the idiocy of Al Davis and the dark days of the Raiders.

especially since Shonn has been playing worse than the QB. Losing is never fun so it doesnt' matter that the guys are making bigger fools of themselves, losing hurts all the same.

jetsattack
11-15-2012, 11:16 AM
especially since Shonn has been playing worse than the QB. Losing is never fun so it doesnt' matter that the guys are making bigger fools of themselves, losing hurts all the same.

i'm not sure how you can defend this crap.

it's one thing to be losing.

it's another thing to look like a bunch of assclowns in public time and again. i liked rex at first but he has fostered a culture there that needs to be reversed if the jets want to become a good team ever. our gm is a freaking accountant who makes bonehead move after bonehead move. did you know that the jets were gonna go after cameron wake and he vetoed it? we really could have used a passrusher like him. he brought tebow here and that has become a disaster. gholston? sanchez? greene? the right tackle debacle. we have had the lowest number of draft picks of any team the past 4 years and we haven't really hit on any of them. hopefully wilkerson and coples will pan out. hill is raw so it remains to be seen. if we can't lure a real football guy to take over as gm and get some real scouts over here then we are looking at a long long next few years. there is no way to sugarcoat this crap. the jets are bad, and their management is terrible.

nyjunc
11-15-2012, 12:13 PM
i'm not sure how you can defend this crap.

it's one thing to be losing.

it's another thing to look like a bunch of assclowns in public time and again. i liked rex at first but he has fostered a culture there that needs to be reversed if the jets want to become a good team ever. our gm is a freaking accountant who makes bonehead move after bonehead move. did you know that the jets were gonna go after cameron wake and he vetoed it? we really could have used a passrusher like him. he brought tebow here and that has become a disaster. gholston? sanchez? greene? the right tackle debacle. we have had the lowest number of draft picks of any team the past 4 years and we haven't really hit on any of them. hopefully wilkerson and coples will pan out. hill is raw so it remains to be seen. if we can't lure a real football guy to take over as gm and get some real scouts over here then we are looking at a long long next few years. there is no way to sugarcoat this crap. the jets are bad, and their management is terrible.

I'm not defending it, it doesn't really affect me. The team is losing, that is what is embarrassing. if they want to look like clowns it doesn't bother me. I care about wins and losses, if they were out committing crimes then I'd be more embarrassed but they aren't. The losing is the embarrassing part.

SpurzN703
11-15-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm not defending it, it doesn't really affect me. The team is losing, that is what is embarrassing. if they want to look like clowns it doesn't bother me. I care about wins and losses, if they were out committing crimes then I'd be more embarrassed but they aren't. The losing is the embarrassing part.

Why knock the Dolphins for their orange carpet ****ty ideas and all the minority owners? Those weren't football related but you rubbed it in the faces of the guys on this site.

nyjunc
11-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Why knock the Dolphins for their orange carpet ****ty ideas and all the minority owners? Those weren't football related but you rubbed it in the faces of the guys on this site.

how can you compare what we are doing to the orange carpet nonsense? In '08 we had a similar embarrassment w/ jenn Sterger being the "hostess" for games. I bashed the Jets up and down for that, I remember minutes before the team was taking the field for our home opener she was interviewing mark ecko about the cheerleaders unifors. It was a disgrace, that's non fottoball stuff creeping into football. Our circus act all revolves around football.

SpurzN703
11-16-2012, 05:43 PM
how can you compare what we are doing to the orange carpet nonsense? In '08 we had a similar embarrassment w/ jenn Sterger being the "hostess" for games. I bashed the Jets up and down for that, I remember minutes before the team was taking the field for our home opener she was interviewing mark ecko about the cheerleaders unifors. It was a disgrace, that's non fottoball stuff creeping into football. Our circus act all revolves around football.

Why was the orange carpet idea nonsense? Did you ever see it live? You wouldn't even have known about it if you weren't at Sun Life Stadium. There were no cameras from ESPN or anywhere there focusing on it. I was there vs. the Jets a few years back and a few people got dropped off by either a limo or town car and they walked into the stadium that way while having fans take photos of them. That didn't possibly cause any distractions to the team and how they played.

SpurzN703
11-16-2012, 05:49 PM

In fact professional stadiums and arenas all over the country partake in non-sport "events" that are created to keep fan interest. The world we live in today is one where kids and teenagers have to constantly be entertained and I'm sure a lot of adults are that way too. It's just how it is in most areas.

Earlier this year the Washington Nationals had a 'Turn Back the Clock Night' vs. SF. Check it out:

The Nationals and Giants paid homage to their 1924 clubs -- Washington was the Senators at the time, but also referred to as the Nationals -- by wearing retro jerseys, while the ballpark staff wore replica uniforms.The club also had special offers on concessions, organ music throughout the game and video tributes to the 1924 club.
Johnson said it's a good opportunity to look back on the players he grew up admiring.

Aside from the video tributes, there were no kiss-cams, there were no President races (which the Nats do every game in the middle innings), no guess which ball is in the pizza box crap they put up to entertain kids, no walk-up music, etc.

We'll never see those sort of things happen again (referring to the throwback style) like they did years and years ago. Human beings these days crave more. I'm not saying it's right at all, that's just how I see it.

nyjunc
11-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Why was the orange carpet idea nonsense? Did you ever see it live? You wouldn't even have known about it if you weren't at Sun Life Stadium. There were no cameras from ESPN or anywhere there focusing on it. I was there vs. the Jets a few years back and a few people got dropped off by either a limo or town car and they walked into the stadium that way while having fans take photos of them. That didn't possibly cause any distractions to the team and how they played.

Your owner opened a NIGHT CLUB at Dolphin games! the ornage carpet, "celebrity" owners, nightclubs were a joke.

In fact professional stadiums and arenas all over the country partake in non-sport "events" that are created to keep fan interest. The world we live in today is one where kids and teenagers have to constantly be entertained and I'm sure a lot of adults are that way too. It's just how it is in most areas.

Earlier this year the Washington Nationals had a 'Turn Back the Clock Night' vs. SF. Check it out:

Aside from the video tributes, there were no kiss-cams, there were no President races (which the Nats do every game in the middle innings), no guess which ball is in the pizza box crap they put up to entertain kids, no walk-up music, etc.

We'll never see those sort of things happen again (referring to the throwback style) like they did years and years ago. Human beings these days crave more. I'm not saying it's right at all, that's just how I see it.

I realize we live in a short attention span world but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

the stuff on the video boards during commercials is one thing, having a sideline "hostess" discusing fashion 5 mins before your home opener is a disgrace just like the orange carper/nightclub nonsense.

Harry_Bagpipe
11-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Hated the red carpet, celebrity owner, stadium club nonsense. I don't think it had any effect on the team but it was cheesy as hell. I mean who goes to a nightclub during a football game and who the hell wants to stay in that area after one. One of the worst ideas was when we added the male cheerleaders to the squad. God, what were they thinking

SpurzN703
11-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Your owner opened a NIGHT CLUB at Dolphin games! the ornage carpet, "celebrity" owners, nightclubs were a joke.

All non-football related topics that don't affect the actual team. You don't care about the non-football stuff regarding the Jets, I feel the same towards the Dolphins.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

I realize we live in a short attention span world but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

the stuff on the video boards during commercials is one thing, having a sideline "hostess" discusing fashion 5 mins before your home opener is a disgrace just like the orange carper/nightclub nonsense.

I agree with you. All of the hoopla you see while attending a game can be very overbearing. I shouldn't have to see a video that tells me to make noise. It should be something we as fans know to do on our own. I've seen this in plenty of stadiums.

Like you were saying, who the **** cares was Mark Ecko has to say about anything? Maybe if we were in Macy's or something....

nyjunc
11-19-2012, 09:35 AM
I don't dislike Tebow but it's amazing how much better our O looked when we stopped w/ the dopey wildcat plays yesterday.

SpurzN703
11-19-2012, 12:22 PM
I don't dislike Tebow but it's amazing how much better our O looked when we stopped w/ the dopey wildcat plays yesterday.

Is there any way they can have him on the field with Sanchez but without wildcat plays?

nyjunc
11-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Is there any way they can have him on the field with Sanchez but without wildcat plays?

That was my hope, I thought they could use him as a weapon w/ Sanchez at QB. They have brought him in while Sanchez is at QBs but he's always been a decoy more than anything.

SpurzN703
11-19-2012, 05:44 PM
That was my hope, I thought they could use him as a weapon w/ Sanchez at QB. They have brought him in while Sanchez is at QBs but he's always been a decoy more than anything.

It doesn't make any sense to me why he'd only be a decoy. Then again since Sparano is the OC, I never saw him as an offensive-guru.