PDA

View Full Version : Someone please help me........

NJPHIN34
02-24-2004, 01:47 AM
I recently bought the network adapter and boy was I excited. I go to college so I figured it would be no problem hooking up my network cable and just playing. Well the 1st game I played was really really slow then all of sudden it worked fine. I went to play another game after that and it was slower than sh#t. Every time I try to play it is slower than all hell. I called PS2 support and they said it was prob cuz im behind a firewall, well I contacted my network guy here and he said there are no restrctions on ports or sumthin i didn't understand, but basically told me i was competing wit all the other students for bandwith so thats why it was slower than crap. I haven't been able to play a game since because it is so impossibly slow, I was wondering since I kno little about networks and stuff, is there was anything that I could do to speed up the game?.....Im soooo frustrated, please help me.......thanks guys.

Kamikaze
02-24-2004, 05:49 PM
If your own network's techies told you're competing with other students for bandwidth, there's nothing you can do but try to avoid playing during peak hours. Either that or find a better college. Heh.