PDA

View Full Version : WV is so wrong on Bob Griffin

ozman
11-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Are you guys watching this game. This guy is a total stud. Oh and Matt Ryan threw 5 picks last week. Please wake us up when Ryan wins a meaningful game. Please know more get real threads going on and on who's overrated.

KingDolphin57
11-22-2012, 07:09 PM
I've been trying to tell him.

Spiff
11-22-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm not saying RGIII is a bust but that TD pass to Garçon was a terribly thrown pass. Should have been picked if not for Garçon making a great adjustment and getting it to the house.

PATSSUCK
11-22-2012, 07:18 PM
He is having a great season. One great or bad season does not make someone a bust or stud though.

SSnowman
11-22-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm watching the Dallas defense allow receivers to run all over the field and get wide open.

Tureo
11-22-2012, 07:31 PM
He's extremely accurate thus far. 3 ints through 10 games is pretty good. Our fans are calling Tanney a future stud and he hasn't looked quiye as good.

Wildbill3
11-22-2012, 07:38 PM
I'd hit you up for some points, etc, but it'll be more fun "IF" WV even takes the time to respond to this thread. I'm not even sure who you are.

thefranchisedef
11-22-2012, 07:42 PM
Truth!

Gonzo
11-22-2012, 07:52 PM
He's extremely accurate thus far. 3 ints through 10 games is pretty good. Our fans are calling Tanney a future stud and he hasn't looked quiye as good.

Extremely accurate? Are you watching the game or checking NFL.com?

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Edit: I actually like RGIII, but thank god he has the recievers he does given how many throws have been way off target, and usually well behind the receivers. Tannehill should be so lucky.

Albania
11-22-2012, 08:06 PM
I'd trade Tannehill, Long, next years first, year afters first and second for Griffin.

PATSSUCK
11-22-2012, 08:14 PM
I'd trade Tannehill, Long, next years first, year afters first and second for Griffin.
No

Tureo
11-22-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm referring to the season not this game. This season he is top 10 in accuracy but I guess since he's not a Phin it's all luck. I admit he is a bust.

das8929
11-22-2012, 08:21 PM
He is an absolute monster. If only we didn't win all those games last season, ugh :(

SQuinn17
11-22-2012, 08:22 PM

Edit: I actually like RGIII, but thank god he has the recievers he does given how many throws have been way off target, and usually well behind the receivers. Tannehill should be so lucky.
That td toss to Santana at the end of the first half was a perfect throw.

Phin-o-rama
11-22-2012, 08:22 PM
He'll come back down to earth eventually but he is pretty badass.

CANDolphan
11-22-2012, 08:23 PM
His running ability is absolutely killing it with regards to throwing off the linebackers timing and opening the run gamve He's playing very, very well, like a video game.

His passes are not very accurate, however. A couple have been poorly thrown. His release and upper body mechanics are incredible.

JCane
11-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Dallas defense is total dog ****. Cleo Lemon would work these fools.

I get where WV is coming from. I like RGIII a good bit, but I also think that once the league gets a good bit of film on him, they'll figure him out. Dallas is putting zero pressure on him today and RGIII is only having to make one read. If you make RGIII make several reads, he freaks and takes off. That stuff will stop eventually. We know that it will.

Cam Newton is another working example.

Jamaicankid21
11-22-2012, 08:32 PM
His running ability is absolutely killing it with regards to throwing off the linebackers timing and opening the run gamve He's playing very, very well, like a video game.

His passes are not very accurate, however. A couple have been poorly thrown. His release and upper body mechanics are incredible.

He has also made a few amazing passes in VERY tight coverage on the run as well or while taking a hit..

Jamaicankid21
11-22-2012, 08:42 PM
I like RGIII. I really do. I think the offense runs with him is exciting. My biggest concerns is if he can continue to take these hits. The only thing similar to Cam Newton and RGIII is they are both fast and the type of offense they run. Newton has nowhere near the accuracy that RGIII has, nor the leadership skills. I'm happy with Tannehill though. I really hope we can give him some weapons. You guys notice when RGIII lost Moss and Garcon his passing struggled? I wish Tannehill had some pretty good weapons on this team to see what hes made of. A lot of RGIII passes are one read because they linebackers are cheating up and so worried him taking off or Alfred Morris killing them. That INT he just threw was a forced pass though, and a terrible decision. Can't really knock him for that pass though when I've seen our QB make those terrible decisions so many times this season more than a few times in the game. I hope RGIII turns into a stud, just not into a bigger stud than Tannehill lol.

Gonzo
11-22-2012, 08:46 PM
That td toss to Santana at the end of the first half was a perfect throw.

Reading comprehension Bubba, I didn't say ALL his passes were off target, did I? He put that where only his player could catch it, which was a good decision; and thankfully for him, he has good receivers. As I said, Tannehill should be so lucky.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Dallas defense is total dog ****. Cleo Lemon would work these fools.

I get where WV is coming from. I like RGIII a good bit, but I also think that once the league gets a good bit of film on him, they'll figure him out. Dallas is putting zero pressure on him today and RGIII is only having to make one read. If you make RGIII make several reads, he freaks and takes off. That stuff will stop eventually. We know that it will.

Cam Newton is another working example.

The one thing RGIII has going for him is that he's about 1 billion times smarter than Cam Derpton, so I think he can actually adapt and be a productive QB in this league.

JCane
11-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Gonzo, I agree with that. Griffin has a brain between his ears unlike that idiot Cam.

But a lot of people were high on Cam last season as he wowed everyone. I never bought it and we're seeing why this season. I think we'll see the same with Griffin only like you say, he can and will make adjustments to be a productive player in the league. But I don't think he'll ever join the ranks of the "elite" in the league by any means.

JCane
11-22-2012, 08:53 PM
From here on out, watch how many defenders Rob Ryan blitzes and how many reads RGIII makes before throwing.

DudeleBroski
11-22-2012, 08:53 PM

I think you should make him a sandwich too after riding him so hard.

ozman
11-22-2012, 08:56 PM
He's the real deal. I was never high on Cam. This guy is smart, has great mechanics, and a leader. If he was white people would be saying he's better then Luck. WV is just so pompas. He goes on and on about Jake Wrong, but the true mistake the fins made was not signing Brees. Oh ya who made that mistake. Oh ya, that dueche bag Saban.

finjim
11-22-2012, 08:57 PM

You are 100% right. That pass to Garcon was TERRIBLE. I guarantee any one of our WRs wouldn't have gotten a hand on it. But Garcon makes a ridiculous twisting catch and BLOWS by the defense for a TD. We don't have a WR who can burn by anything. A stud WR can make a QB look a lot better. Same thing with Dez Bryant, he has bailed out Romo 4 or 5 times in the game.

Jamaicankid21
11-22-2012, 09:01 PM
You are 100% right. That pass to Garcon was TERRIBLE. I guarantee any one of our WRs wouldn't have gotten a hand on it. But Garcon makes a ridiculous twisting catch and BLOWS by the defense for a TD. We don't have a WR who can burn by anything. A stud WR can make a QB look a lot better. Same thing with Dez Bryant, he has bailed out Romo 4 or 5 times in the game.

To be fair though. Most teams have WRs like that. It isn't their fault we aren't capable of getting a true number 1 WR. Plenty of teams have true number 1s and players the QB can rely on to help bail them out..We need to give Tannehill a legit 1. A big body that can go up and make a play or create plenty of separation.

finjim
11-22-2012, 09:12 PM
To be fair though. Most teams have WRs like that. It isn't their fault we aren't capable of getting a true number 1 WR. Plenty of teams have true number 1s and players the QB can rely on to help bail them out..We need to give Tannehill a legit 1. A big body that can go up and make a play or create plenty of separation.

Man you are so right, did you see the Det Hou game? Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson make their QBs job so easy. Either one of them can take a 5 yard hitch and turn it into an 80 yard TD. I can't believe how long it's been since we have had a fearsome WR. Maybe Chambers? Terrible job by the front office.

uk_dolfan
11-22-2012, 09:12 PM

stop watching first take so much.

JCane
11-22-2012, 09:16 PM

What have you been up to lately, Rick Spielman?

fullerboy1
11-22-2012, 09:18 PM
The hate never seems to stop! :idk:

Phindog
11-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Dallas's defense has issues.....

Jamaicankid21
11-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Man you are so right, did you see the Det Hou game? Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson make their QBs job so easy. Either one of them can take a 5 yard hitch and turn it into an 80 yard TD. I can't believe how long it's been since we have had a fearsome WR. Maybe Chambers? Terrible job by the front office.

Not to mention Stafford just throwing up a lob pass in double coverage to Calvin as well and guess who usually comes down with it. I mean Hartline is a good WR but its nothing like having a good big WR that knows how to use his body to gain position and fend off defenders. Thats how Houston won the game last week. A quick screen that went for a 50+ yard TD in OT.

finomenal
11-22-2012, 09:32 PM
I KNOW I'm not the only one waiting for WV. :lol:

ozman
11-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Meh

Hayden Fox
11-22-2012, 09:51 PM
RGIII is special. Those that said he would be bust back in the fall and up to today are unbelievable.

JCane
11-22-2012, 09:55 PM
RGIII is special. Those that said he would be bust back in the fall and up to today are unbelievable.

The days of first round QB draft picks being a 50/50 possible bust are long gone IMO.

I think in today's NFL with the rules being what they are, if 10 QBs were drafted with the first 10 picks, 9 of those would hit and be starters.

DudeleBroski
11-22-2012, 10:15 PM

I understand the skepticism before the season, but now hes doing it in front of all of our eye balls. Its pretty funny how people are making excuses for his great play to help their agenda and i wonder if they actually believe it.

I dont like rg3 at all. But what hes doing is damn near elite status for any qb let alone a rookie

Albania
11-23-2012, 12:38 AM
I think you should make him a sandwich too after riding him so hard.

This speaks more on what I think of Tannehill and Long and the inability of drafting studs. But I do think RGIII is great.

Gonzo
11-23-2012, 12:43 AM
Gonzo, I agree with that. Griffin has a brain between his ears unlike that idiot Cam.

But a lot of people were high on Cam last season as he wowed everyone. I never bought it and we're seeing why this season. I think we'll see the same with Griffin only like you say, he can and will make adjustments to be a productive player in the league. But I don't think he'll ever join the ranks of the "elite" in the league by any means.
I definitely haven't bought into it yet, but I think he has more potential than Cam, if only because he's a very smart kid on top of having talent. Cam, on the other hand, is a perfect example of how our university system is totally ****ed considering he left with a degree despite being a total ****ing moron.

SpurzN703
11-23-2012, 01:18 AM

Possibly. The Dolphins don't have anyone who can run as fast as Aldrick Robinson does. That's why the Dolphins are average yet again.

MP-Omnis
11-23-2012, 01:37 AM
When you have a special QB with golden-hands receivers, you're going to have a great offense. And then there's Morris and the o-line. Hoot salute!

Flip Tanneflop
11-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Bob Griffin blows. Keep sweating him though. It will just make it funnier when in time he becomes irrelevant and it sinks in to you hype machines that he isnt a winning player. That will take some time though. People still hype up Scam Newton despite the fact he has fully demonstrated he is a bust at this point.

I never said it would happen instantly. I told you it would take time. But, I still hold to what I have said all along....... The Redskins will never win a damn thing with Bob Griffin.

What is he now? 5 and 6? Wow. Im so impressed. So he had a big game vs. the Cowboys. Im sure he is hardly the first QB to do that lately. I was taking a Thanksgiving dump when I heard someone on the halftime set at FOX suggest Bob Griffin is the MVP of the league. I started laughing so hard it was tough to wipe OK. I think it was Jimmy Johnson but, I couldnt see the TV. One big half vs. the Cowboys does not an MVP make.

Btw, with a win this weekend Tannehill will have the same 5-6 record, only a lot less hype. These teams both finished with the same record last year if Im not mistaken. And I know all of you dont want to suggest our team has more talent than Washington. At least when you deflect Tannehill criticism they dont. I know Washington won about 6 games with Beck and Grossman last year. They also have better WRs this year. So whats the big deal about Bob Griffin?

Let me know when he wins a division or wins a couple of playoff games. Wont happen. Until then, continue your hype machine.

Gonzo
11-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Bob Griffin blows. Keep sweating him though. It will just make it funnier when in time he becomes irrelevant and it sinks in to you hype machines that he isnt a winning player. That will take some time though. People still hype up Scam Newton despite the fact he has fully demonstrated he is a bust at this point.

I never said it would happen instantly. I told you it would take time. But, I still hold to what I have said all along....... The Redskins will never win a damn thing with Bob Griffin.

What is he now? 5 and 6? Wow. Im so impressed. So he had a big game vs. the Cowboys. Im sure he is hardly the first QB to do that lately. I was taking a Thanksgiving dump when I heard someone on the halftime set at FOX suggest Bob Griffin is the MVP of the league. I started laughing so hard it was tough to wipe OK. I think it was Jimmy Johnson but, I couldnt see the TV. One big half vs. the Cowboys does not an MVP make.

Btw, with a win this weekend Tannehill will have the same 5-6 record, only a lot less hype. These teams both finished with the same record last year if Im not mistaken. And I know all of you dont want to suggest our team has more talent than Washington. At least when you deflect Tannehill criticism they dont. I know Washington won about 6 games with Beck and Grossman last year. They also have better WRs this year. So whats the big deal about Bob Griffin?

Let me know when he wins a division or wins a couple of playoff games. Wont happen. Until then, continue your hype machine.
I have to disagree with you somewhat on this one. Cam is a steaming pile of ****, especially mentally; and that is where Griffin separates himself. Griffin has more brain cells in his toenails than Newton has in his head. The biggest concern I would have about Griffin is the fact that he's a running QB. That means a short career. It also means he's going to be spending time on the sidelines every year nursing various injuries, usually concussions. If he can cut back on that, I think he has the ability to be a good QB in this league. Elite? No. Good? Yes.

That being said, at this point, I'm happy with Tannehill over him. Griffin wouldn't be doing **** in this offense. That pass to Garcon looked eerily similar to Tannehill's final pass last Thursday, the only difference being Garcon is a better receiver.

Regardless, even if Griffin ends up being a bust, he still shouldn't be lumped in with a dip**** like Newton. He's twice the player and 10 times the person.

Flip Tanneflop
11-24-2012, 01:39 AM
What was with that hairbow he was wearing in the postgame presser btw?

Dude was out there lookin like a busted version of Vanessa Huxtable.

SpurzN703
11-24-2012, 01:36 PM

You do realize the Giants are only one game ahead of Dallas and Washington right? Don't act like this is the AFC East. The Redskins play the Giants at home on MNF next week (Giants will prob lose to Green Bay this weekend) and if the Redskins can win that game, they'll be tied for first.

It isn't out of the realm of possibilities that Washington wins that ****ty division.

tylerdolphin
11-24-2012, 01:43 PM
You do realize the Giants are only one game ahead of Dallas and Washington right? Don't act like this is the AFC East. The Redskins play the Giants at home on MNF next week (Giants will prob lose to Green Bay this weekend) and if the Redskins can win that game, they'll be tied for first.

It isn't out of the realm of possibilities that Washington wins that ****ty division.

Sorta off topic related to your point, but just wanted to say I wouldnt bet money on that Giants/Packers game. This year you cant count on the Giants to play at any particular level it seems. One week they look every bit the defending SB champs that they are. The next they look like a bottom dweller. Its amazing really. I wouldnt be the least bit shocked if they came out and thumped the Packers. Also wouldnt be even mildly surprised if they **** the bed and get blown out. Weird team.

SpurzN703
11-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Sorta off topic related to your point, but just wanted to say I wouldnt count the bet money on that Giants/Packers game. This year you cant count on the Giants to play at any particular level it seems. One week they look every bit the defending SB champs that they are. The next they look like a bottom dweller. Its amazing really. I wouldnt be the least bit shocked if they came out and thumped the Packers. Also wouldnt be even mildly surprised if they **** the bed and get blown out. Weird team.

I know the NFL is unpredictable. I just see the Packers going in there and beating their ass. I expected Houston to **** the Packers up a few weeks ago but that couldn't have been more opposite than what really happened.

Ilovemyfins4eva
11-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Sorta off topic related to your point, but just wanted to say I wouldnt bet money on that Giants/Packers game. This year you cant count on the Giants to play at any particular level it seems. One week they look every bit the defending SB champs that they are. The next they look like a bottom dweller. Its amazing really. I wouldnt be the least bit shocked if they came out and thumped the Packers. Also wouldnt be even mildly surprised if they **** the bed and get blown out. Weird team.
i would deff be shocked if they came out and thumped the packers. i expect a packers win and rodgers to dominate.

as for the nfc east, i really hope whichever team wins it wins at least 10 games, bc i am getting sick of these mediocre nfc east teams getting into the playoffs with **** records and getting that chance to play in the playoffs where anything can happen.

if the giants did win tomm, i think its there division, however if they do lose tomm, i believe the skins can take that division. we shall see though.

as for griffin, what he will do long term is a huge question mark , as the offense he runs may not be able to last in the nfl, but right now he deff is exciting to watch. he seems like a better version of vick when vick was a rookie, he was so ****ing exciting to watch. downfalls were injuries and the beating of dogs stuff. lets see if griffin can avoid that ( im confident he will avoid the dog stuff)