PDA

View Full Version : Sad News: KC Player Shoots GF, Commits Suicide at Team Facilities.

ChambersWI
12-01-2012, 11:39 AM
@jeff_rosen88: Our news partner ch. 5 reporting #Chiefs player apparently killed his girlfriend and then himself this morning

Name not given out yet. Glazer reporting it on twitter as well. Won't give name until family knows

chrispepper
12-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Just saw the news myself.. really is awful.

Boy From School
12-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Jovan Belcher.

illscriptures
12-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Simply horrible.

Gonzo
12-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Why Wikipedia should never be used as a source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jovan_Belcher

Belcher became the Chiefs starting Inside Linebacker in the 2011 NFL season. He recorded 87 tackles. 10 tackles less than his 2010 season. Following the 2011 season, Belcher agreed to tender during the offseason. He was re-signed on March 22, 2012, and continued playing for the Chiefs until he killed a bitch, and then himself.

:bobdole:

Kdawg954
12-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Rumor has it he shot himself in front of Pioli and Crennel. Crazy ****

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

MadDog 88
12-01-2012, 12:21 PM
What a cowardly and selfish act. If it is in fact Belcher, he and his girlfriend had a baby 3 months ago.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Rumor has it he shot himself in front of Pioli and Crennel. Crazy ****

That is a horrible incident to have to witness. The NFL needs to cancel the game with the Panthers.

JCane
12-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Jovan Belcher.

Chiefs fans were hoping it was Matt Cassel.

MarshallFin1
12-01-2012, 12:28 PM
this is just awful.

WVDolphan
12-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Why Wikipedia should never be used as a source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jovan_Belcher

:bobdole:

Thats nothing. You should read the one somebody screen grabbed and posted in the comments on deadspin. :bobdole:

Kdawg954
12-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Rumormill is swirling, now the girlfriend may still be alive but in critical condition.

Daytona Fin
12-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Dirtbag

MarshallFin1
12-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Rumormill is swirling, now the girlfriend may still be alive but in critical condition.

i hope she makes it, prayers for her.

Gonzo
12-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Thats nothing. You should read the one somebody screen grabbed and posted in the comments on deadspin. :bobdole:

Just saw it. Probably BasqueAtlantean.

SkapePhin
12-01-2012, 12:47 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/12/IFn7W-1.jpg

This is a photo of his GF and daughter. What a tragedy. So sad for the little girl left behind.

ROADRUNNER
12-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Just saw it. Probably BasqueAtlantean.

................:lol::lol::lol:

Danny
12-01-2012, 12:58 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8697360/kansas-city-chiefs-player-commits-suicide-team-facility

They haven't said who it was other than he's 25

Ozzy rules!!

rent this space
12-01-2012, 01:00 PM
rumor is that he pulled the trigger in front of Pioli and Crennel

Daytona Fin
12-01-2012, 01:08 PM
rumor is that he pulled the trigger in front of Pioli and Crennel

Sounds like a clayton or mortensen rumor.

MadDog 88
12-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Apparently his girlfriends mother witnessed her shooting before he left and drove to Arrowhead. Crennel and Pioloi were courageous in meeting him at the facility and Belcher thanked them before killing himself.

Mannyjr23
12-01-2012, 01:12 PM
what a cow...I hope he burns in hell.

Ricky4Life
12-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Waiting for the NFLPA to blame head injuries for this. Hoping he at least put the pulled through his head so I don't have to hear about concussions for the next week.

MadDog 88
12-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Sounds like a clayton or mortensen rumor.
Police statement.

72 silky
12-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Chiefs fans were hoping it was Matt Cassel. really, have some class

Mogwai
12-01-2012, 01:41 PM
He destroyed that young woman's life and his child's. There's a circle in hell waiting for him. Even Romeo Crennel's face being the last thing he sees isn't punishment enough. I wish people who decide on murder/suicides would go with the suicide first.

Built2Win
12-01-2012, 01:44 PM
i guess money can't buy love. Ochocinco looks like an angel compared to this clown.

enigmatics
12-01-2012, 01:45 PM
really, have some class

Ya seriously man. What a disgraceful comment.

JCane
12-01-2012, 01:48 PM
really, have some class

I was thinking the same thing.

Awful fans.

ChambersWI
12-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Waiting for the NFLPA to blame head injuries for this. Hoping he at least put the pulled through his head so I don't have to hear about concussions for the next week.

Belcher has no history of head injuries or demons. Sounds a lot like the Chris Benoit situation in wrestling where he just kept everything inside of him and eventually snapped

enigmatics
12-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Belcher has no history of head injuries or demons. Sounds a lot like the Chris Benoit situation in wrestling where he just kept everything inside of him and eventually snapped

Well .... "reported" head injuries. I dunno if anyone else watched the recent HBO Real Sports, but they showed some medical professionals from Perdue who monitored brain functions of high school and college football players after a season's worth of hitting. It's pretty scary stuff man.

BigCityCat
12-01-2012, 01:53 PM

Awful fans.

It's not just fans. It's people. It's our Grand Theft Auto society.

Vertical Limit
12-01-2012, 01:55 PM
NFL needs to handle this right and cancel the game.

Daytona Fin
12-01-2012, 01:56 PM
The NFL needs to cancel the game with the Panthers.

Why? To mourn this POS?

Boy From School
12-01-2012, 01:57 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/12/tumblr_med32cfLEt1qa3dmvo1_500-1.png
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/12/tumblr_med32cfLEt1qa3dmvo2_500-1.png
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/12/tumblr_med32cfLEt1qa3dmvo3_500-1.png
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/12/tumblr_med32cfLEt1qa3dmvo4_500-1.png

SQuinn17
12-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Chiefs fans were hoping it was Matt Cassel.
Pretty weak post

Phindog
12-01-2012, 02:01 PM
NFL needs to handle this right and cancel the game.

Thats the worse thing you could do is cancel the game....let the players stew for a whole week?...No way!....best thing one could do and that is the team coaches families etc is be together like they do every sunday and greeve together,not locked in their house or out of their normal routine.

MarshallFin1
12-01-2012, 02:03 PM
people who are using this story for silly jokes outta be ashamed of themselves, disgusting.

72 silky
12-01-2012, 02:04 PM

Awful fans.
You know very well I'm talking about you

Vertical Limit
12-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Yeah I'm sure the players and Romeo Crennel just can't WAIT to get on the field tomorrow after witnessing a guy shoot himself a few feet in front of him.

If you don't cancel the game tomorrow there will be a big backlash to the NFL for not doing so, and they will have to forcefully reward the Chiefs some sort of compensation.

JCane
12-01-2012, 02:07 PM
You know very well I'm talking about you

Why are you talking about me?

Go read their boards. They're saying it. I'm just relaying information...just like the OP did by starting this thread.

How am I a bad person?

Daytona Fin
12-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah I'm sure the players and Romeo Crennel just can't WAIT to get on the field tomorrow after witnessing a guy shoot himself a few feet in front of him.

If you don't cancel the game tomorrow there will be a big backlash to the NFL for not doing so, and they will have to forcefully reward the Chiefs some sort of compensation.
Other than 9/11 , when has the NFL canceled a game over a death?

TheJetsBlow
12-01-2012, 02:11 PM

I agree. It wouldn't be appropriate to play tomorrow given all the circumstances here. Thing is, I don't know when they could play it, and the game needs to be played. I'm sure the NFL can figure it out though. In the meantime, they should do the right thing and postpone the game.

TheJetsBlow
12-01-2012, 02:14 PM

Yeah, they didn't even cancel games when Kennedy was assassinated (a move Pete Roselle said he later regretted). But if this guy blew his brains out in front of the head coach and the GM like what's being reported, that's unprecedented and the league should recognize that and cancel the game.

SizzlingFins04
12-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Thats gods way of getting rid of the evil we have in our society now a days. but either way prayers go out to all families, friends, players, etc. that were somewhat related too or just knew the guy and girl.

MadDog 88
12-01-2012, 02:17 PM
If the NFL was smart they would allow the Chiefs organization to decide whether or not to cancel this game. It has no bearing on any tie break scenario in either conference.

SpurzN703
12-01-2012, 02:17 PM

I don't see the relevance on whether this has happened before or not. This happened in front of the GM and head coach. That's ****ing insane.

DrMom9900
12-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Good thing Philbin wasnt the coach of the Chiefs. I have a feeling after offing himself in Philbins office, on that nice natuzzi leather couch, Philbin would then proceed to tell him how his "character" isnt conducive to creating a winning atmosphere in KC, and puts at stake the classy reputation he is trying to create in KC. Then Philbin would cut him, without looking him in the eyes of course, or whatever meaty piece of gore was there in place of his eyes.

SpurzN703
Thats gods way of getting rid of the evil we have in our society now a days. but either way prayers go out to all families, friends, players, etc. that were somewhat related too or just knew the guy and girl.

So God had him commit suicide yet you talking about praying for the families? How does that even make sense?

WVDolphan

Of all of the ridiculous things being said..... wow. So God thought it was a good idea to have that young lady killed and leave the baby motherless. Yea, that makes sense. Get real.

MadDog 88
No, suicide is the one sin that cant be forgiven. I fail to see how in the world you can justify the murder of a young mother as getting rid of evil.

JCane
12-01-2012, 02:19 PM

LOL @ This nonsense. I love how people try to say God this and God that. God had nothing to do with this. What's the point of getting rid of one dumbass by also eliminating an innocent life. Who comes up with this stuff.

WVDolphan
12-01-2012, 02:20 PM
As I was getting ready to post before reading that ridiculous comment I just responded to....

There are a lot of really bad comparisons being brought up in regards to the incident itself and as to whether or not to cancel the game.

MadDog 88
12-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Good thing Philbin wasnt the coach of the Chiefs. I have a feeling after offing himself in Philbins office, on that nice natuzzi leather couch, Philbin would then proceed to tell him how his "character" isnt conducive to creating a winning atmosphere in KC, and puts at stake the classy reputation he is trying to create in KC. Then Philbin would cut him, without looking him in the eyes of course, or whatever meaty piece of gore was there in place of his eyes.I very rarely give someone a negative rep but I encourage all to neg rep this post. Pathetic.

TheJetsBlow
12-01-2012, 02:21 PM
If the NFL was smart they would allow the Chiefs organization to decide whether or not to cancel this game. It has no bearing on any tie break scenario in either conference.

It does have bearing on draft order though, and that's very important. The Chiefs might get the #1 overall pick.

enigmatics
12-01-2012, 02:22 PM

This thread is starting to derail.

MarshallFin1
12-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Good thing Philbin wasnt the coach of the Chiefs. I have a feeling after offing himself in Philbins office, on that nice natuzzi leather couch, Philbin would then proceed to tell him how his "character" isnt conducive to creating a winning atmosphere in KC, and puts at stake the classy reputation he is trying to create in KC. Then Philbin would cut him, without looking him in the eyes of course, or whatever meaty piece of gore was there in place of his eyes.

disgusting......

MadDog 88
12-01-2012, 02:23 PM
It does have bearing on draft order though, and that's very important. The Chiefs might get the #1 overall pick.
If there was a tie break it can be resolved by a coin flip. That has been used numerous times in the past.

WVDolphan
12-01-2012, 02:24 PM

Do they take the ND linebacker now? Or would that seem bad? He may have been a possibility for them without this incident.

Imagine being a LB who is drafted by the chiefs to fill that spot. Tough role as far as having to answer the questions which you know will come from some Omar types in the media.

TheJetsBlow

This is ban-worthy.

Ilovemyfins4eva
this guy should rot in hell.

why the **** do u have to ruin a young girls life before taking ur own? if u want to kill urself, thats your choice, but to go ahead and just murder a young lady like this also, **** u.

condolences to this girls family, and to the guys family, but not one ounce of sympathy from me for this dude.

WVDolphan
12-01-2012, 02:25 PM
This thread is starting to derail.

You knew it would. Its the interwebz. Between the sick bastards and/or the religious nuts, it was a lock.

DrMom9900
12-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Can't make fun of a millionaire who kills himself? You guys are soft

MadDog 88
12-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Do they take the ND linebacker now? Or would that seem bad? He may have been a possibility for them without this incident.

Imagine being a LB who is drafted by the chiefs to fill that spot. Tough role as far as having to answer the questions which you know will come from some Omar types in the media.No I don't view it as a bad move and even if the incident doesn't occur, you have to give Teo serious thought at the top of the draft.

TheJetsBlow
12-01-2012, 02:28 PM

Imagine being a LB who is drafted by the chiefs to fill that spot. Tough role as far as having to answer the questions which you know will come from some Omar types in the media.

Never thought about that, but yeah, that would be a very tough spot to fill. Knowing what the guy you replaced had done and why you're replacing him. It would **** with me, I'm not gonna lie. That **** makes you think. That said and on a much lighter note, I think KC fans would riot if they didn't draft a QB.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Not when he also kills an innocent woman and leaves his 3-month old daughter with no parents.

MadDog 88
12-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Can't make fun of a millionaire who kills himself? You guys are softYou're burying yourself deeper. I suggest you take a few days off and rethink your approach on the subject.

WVDolphan
12-01-2012, 02:30 PM

why the **** do u have to ruin a young girls life before taking ur own? if u want to kill urself, thats your choice, but to go ahead and just murder a young lady like this also, **** u.

condolences to this girls family, and to the guys family, but not one ounce of sympathy from me for this dude.

Who's to say he planned it. Thats the thing. Thats why I was going to respond to the post saying that why cant a murder-suicide just be a suicide.

Sounds like they got into an argument before she was shot. Could have been a case of he made a horribly wrong decision and then was too cowardly to lie in the bed he made for himself with that choice of pulling the trigger, so he took the easy way out and killed himself as a result.

Hard to say right now though. Since the girl's mother witnessed it, perhaps it will come out as to how that happened exactly. But, it dosent sound like something he planned. Sounds like he lost it, then realized he made a huge mistake and couldnt face the consequences.

DrMom9900
12-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Thought a Dolphins forum would be the perfect place for some weekend morbid humor, but guess i was wrong. You win

CChambers84
12-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Romeo Cranel confirmed he's dead as the chiefs playoff hopes for the next decade

WVDolphan
12-01-2012, 02:32 PM
No I don't view it as a bad move and even if the incident doesn't occur, you have to give Teo serious thought at the top of the draft.

Yea, thats what I was saying. I thought he wouldve been a consideration for them even before this incident. Im just saying that if in any round they draft a LB, its going to be a tough situation for that player from the prespective of the ridiculous questions he will get from dip**** media members.

TheWalrus
12-01-2012, 02:34 PM

You're a ****ing idiot.

MarshallFin1
12-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Thought a Dolphins forum would be the perfect place for some weekend morbid humor, but guess i was wrong. You win

im still wondering how one finds humor of an incident were 2 ppl were shot and most likely both dead. The family are grieving and the least this forum can do is show a little respect towards them by not making such disgusting jokes.

Phindog
12-01-2012, 02:35 PM

Dude...you have issues..........

TheJetsBlow
12-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Who's to say he planned it. Thats the thing. Thats why I was going to respond to the post saying that why cant a murder-suicide just be a suicide.

Sounds like they got into an argument before she was shot. Could have been a case of he made a horribly wrong decision and then was too cowardly to lie in the bed he made for himself with that choice of pulling the trigger, so he took the easy way out and killed himself as a result.

Hard to say right now though. Since the girl's mother witnessed it, perhaps it will come out as to how that happened exactly. But, it dosent sound like something he planned. Sounds like he lost it, then realized he made a huge mistake and couldnt face the consequences.

Very possible.

WVDolphan
12-01-2012, 02:36 PM

You could, but the way this one went down makes it different. A poor young lady was killed who had just given birth to a little girl. It seems like the suicide would not have occured if he had not shot that girl first. Say all the bad things you want about that guy, but making jokes at this point is in poor taste IMHO.

If the guy had just straight up killed himself without taking anyone else's life first........ totally different.

TheWalrus
12-01-2012, 02:36 PM

You're an idiot, too.

number1fin
12-01-2012, 02:39 PM
A lot of dumb comments in this thread.

You idiots have no compassion and would rather judge a person who was obviously mentally ill.

Pathetic, really.

WVDolphan
12-01-2012, 02:40 PM
You're a ****ing idiot.

Thanks for saying that. Really.

Thats what I wanted to say, but didnt want to go with the straight up personal attack, so I decided on sarcasm instead. I didnt think a personal attack was out of line though. It was completely deserved in that spot. Good job out of you.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

You're an idiot, too.

Walrus getting real.

DrMom9900
12-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Yeah, I see how this situation carries more sensitivity since a innocent party was included. But nowhere in my post did I infringe the girlfriends character. The dude is an a*hole. Any insults towards him should be positively well recieved

TheWalrus
12-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Thanks for saying that. Really.

Thats what I wanted to say, but didnt want to go with the straight up personal attack, so I decided on sarcasm instead. I didnt think a personal attack was out of line though. It was completely deserved in that spot. Good job out of you.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Walrus getting real.

If the mods want to give me an infraction for it, they're welcome to. It needed to be said.

johngarry
12-01-2012, 02:46 PM
beyond tragic… for Javon, his girlfriend Kasandra, their child, loved ones, family, friends, coaches & teammates… we bow our heads and hearts… take a few minutes to talk to your son's & daughter's about the importance of reaching out; when times are bad, or good… I hope the Commisioner steps in and delays the game until all who've known Javon/Kasandra can come together - to console and commemorate… pretty sure NFL Network would run a doubleheader Thursday night… the bleak season in Kansas City is darker today, but there will be light… after all, football is only a game.

TheJetsBlow
12-01-2012, 02:49 PM
beyond tragic… for Javon, his girlfriend Kasandra, their child, loved ones, family, friends, coaches & teammates… we bow our heads and hearts… take a few minutes to talk to your son's & daughter's about the importance of reaching out; when times are bad, or good… I hope the Commisioner steps in and delays the game until all who've known Javon/Kasandra can come together - to console and commemorate… pretty sure NFL Network would run a doubleheader Thursday night… the bleak season in Kansas City is darker today, but there will be light… after all, football is only a game.

Great post.

silverfin
12-01-2012, 02:57 PM
This is just horrible.

The right thing to do here is to cancel the game. Maybe it could be replayed on wildcard weekend since neither of these teams are making the playoffs.

dolfan_101
12-01-2012, 02:57 PM
this is what scares me about believers, what kind of logic is that? I guess they say with god all things are possie, smh.

Phindog
12-01-2012, 03:00 PM

Who said he cant wait......its life and it just your opinion. game wont be canceled and there wont be a big backlash nor any sort of compenmsation.....

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-01-2012, 03:01 PM

perhaps it was not pre planned, but either way, i just cant have sympathy for this guy.

even if it happened due to a heated argument, there are other ways to solve problems than killing. we are all human and i am sure every single member on this forum has gotten into heated arguments throughout their lifetime, yet never had to go about it by killing the person.

this is just such a tragedy, a young girl now will have to grow up with no parents.

Phins28
12-01-2012, 03:03 PM

Worst post in the history of this site, :bobdole:

OyeDale305
12-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Thats gods way of getting rid of the evil we have in our society now a days. but either way prayers go out to all families, friends, players, etc. that were somewhat related too or just knew the guy and girl. :bobdole: Why would god want people to commit suicide..

Harry_Bagpipe
12-01-2012, 03:13 PM
I feel pretty disgusted after reading some of these posts. These times of things always seem to bring out the lowest common denominator in people

Canuck Phin Fan
12-01-2012, 03:15 PM
What a cowardly and selfish act. If it is in fact Belcher, he and his girlfriend had a baby 3 months ago.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

That is a horrible incident to have to witness. The NFL needs to cancel the game with the Panthers.

It is obvious that he had severe mental health issues, cowardly and selfish is not the right way to describe this... It is a terrible tragedy nontheless

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Some of these posts are ridiculous. It's sad that people feel the need to make these ridiculous and insensitive posts

DisturbedShifty
12-01-2012, 03:16 PM

I agree on both counts. I don't care if there are mental problems. Suicide is NEVER the answer. It just hurts those around you.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

Vertical Limit
12-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Just read Javon was a Child Development and Family Relations major at University of Maine.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Who said he cant wait......its life and it just your opinion. game wont be canceled and there wont be a big backlash nor any sort of compenmsation.....

You are not even worth responding to.

MadDog 88
12-01-2012, 03:27 PM
It is obvious that he had severe mental health issues, cowardly and selfish is not the right way to describe this... It is a terrible tragedy nontheless

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Some of these posts are ridiculous. It's sad that people feel the need to make these ridiculous and insensitive posts
How is this not cowardly and selfish? He murders the mother of his child then takes his own life. He never took into consideration how this would effect his and her loved ones and the welfare of his daughter.

CANDolphan
12-01-2012, 03:55 PM

Grow the **** up. Money does not buy happiness, and if you think so, then you're just poor and miserable.

Hayden Fox
12-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Probably best to have the thoughts and prayers of the victims, families and Chiefs right now as opposed to debating things that cannot be changed right now.

uk_dolfan
12-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Incredible that the game hasn't been called off yet. In fact it is utterly disgraceful to expect he coaches and players to play a football game after this happens in their facility.

Adam First
12-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Incredible that the game hasn't been called off yet. In fact it is utterly disgraceful to expect he coaches and players to play a football game after this happens in their facility.

It's not going to be called off. The NFL has told the Carolina Panthers to make the trip as scheduled.

eomdtbtr
12-01-2012, 04:11 PM
To all the people calling the act of suicide cowardly and selfish go **** yourselves. I suffer from mental health issues and have been at various levels of being suicidal for a while now. You don't know what goes on in someone's head and you can't understand what suffering from a mental health issue is like unless you are a trained professional or have gone through it yourself. The act of murdering his girlfriend and leaving his child parent-less, sure condemn it; but to say call suicide selfish and cowardly goes beyond the level of being mere ignorant, to actually hurtful.

Jamaicankid21
12-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Man I hate hearing these kind of stories on the news. Really sucks man.

DphinBillkiller
12-01-2012, 05:20 PM
What a tragedy!

flynryan15
12-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Why is ESPN putting up a tribute to this murder

JCane
12-01-2012, 05:31 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/12/80586385-1.jpg

MarshallFin1
12-01-2012, 05:43 PM
i see some are having alot of fun with this incident, unreal..

uk_dolfan
12-01-2012, 05:46 PM
To all the people calling the act of suicide cowardly and selfish go **** yourselves. I suffer from mental health issues and have been at various levels of being suicidal for a while now. You don't know what goes on in someone's head and you can't understand what suffering from a mental health issue is like unless you are a trained professional or have gone through it yourself. The act of murdering his girlfriend and leaving his child parent-less, sure condemn it; but to say call suicide selfish and cowardly goes beyond the level of being mere ignorant, to actually hurtful.

murdering your girlfriend? nah not selfish at all. perfectly understandable.

shadow111
12-01-2012, 05:53 PM
that is so sad!

Xbrett82us
12-01-2012, 06:06 PM

Ok so let me get this straight:

A guy kills his girlfriend and doesn't kill himself after -- then it's perfectly ok to call him a selfish coward.

But if he kills himself afterward, then he is suffering from an illness and is therefore not a horrible human being who has just killed the mother of his child.

The reality of the situation is they are both wretched human beings for murdering someone else -- you don't give someone a pass for murder because they suffer from severe depression. People who suffer from mental illness can still be considered bad people.

Ricky4Life
12-01-2012, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE=Vertical Limit;1064513240]Just read Javon was a Child Development and Family Relations major at University of Maine.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Wow. Guess that degree was a waste, as he won't be developing any children and his family relations were terrible since he shot them.

tylerdolphin
12-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Wow. Guess that degree was a waste, as he won't be developing any children and his family relations were terrible since he shot them.

Sadly he probably did a lot of "developing" his kid in the last 24 hours.

eomdtbtr
12-01-2012, 06:26 PM
murdering your girlfriend? nah not selfish at all. perfectly understandable.

You clearly suffer from a lack of reading comprehension.

eomdtbtr
12-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Ok so let me get this straight:

A guy kills his girlfriend and doesn't kill himself after -- then it's perfectly ok to call him a selfish coward.

But if he kills himself afterward, then he is suffering from an illness and is therefore not a horrible human being who has just killed the mother of his child.

The reality of the situation is they are both wretched human beings for murdering someone else -- you don't give someone a pass for murder because they suffer from severe depression. People who suffer from mental illness can still be considered bad people.

Did you miss the part where I stated condemn him for leaving his child parent-less and murdering his girlfriend?

My post was directly referring to people making statements like: 'There is always another way, committing suicide is stupid and only hurts the people around you; suicide is selfish and cowardly,' etc.

Travis34
12-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Wow, heard about this today too. Thats crazy he did it there and even more nuts if he did it in front of those guys. Who knew he was such a nutcase

Xbrett82us
Did you miss the part where I stated condemn him for leaving his child parent-less and murdering his girlfriend?

My post was directly referring to people making statements like: 'There is always another way, committing suicide is stupid and only hurts the people around you; suicide is selfish and cowardly,' etc.

Understood. I agree with you on that matter.

MP-Omnis
Feel bad for the girl and the family, but, hey, now a roster spot is open for someone else. Next!

Daytona Fin
12-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Busy weekend for lunatics

Cheyenne, Wyo. • A man wielding a sharp-edged weapon killed one person in a Casper neighborhood Friday before killing a male teacher and himself in front of students in a community college classroom, causing a campus-wide lockdown as authorities tried to piece together what happened.

Police found the suspect and one of the victims dead at a science building on the Casper College campus, which was locked down for about two hours, school and police officials said. The other victim was found about two miles away.
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/world/55378685-68/college-students-campus-casper.html.csp

Phinatic8u
12-01-2012, 07:27 PM

Suicide is selfish and cowardly.

eomdtbtr
12-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Suicide is selfish and cowardly.

You're only showing your own ignorance; I'm glad you've never been to the point, that you'd understand.

Phinatic8u
12-01-2012, 07:33 PM
You're only showing your own ignorance; I'm glad you've never been to the point, that you'd understand.

So now you know me?

Good one buddy. Suicide is the most selfish thing a human being can do. Your not thinking about anybody else when that happens, just yourself. You never think about the dozens of people that your going to devestate with that action.

That's what makes it selfish.

eomdtbtr
12-01-2012, 07:35 PM
So now you know me?

Good one buddy. Suicide is the most selfish thing a human being can do. Your not thinking about anybody else when that happens, just yourself. You never think about the dozens of people that your going to devestate with that action.

That's what makes it selfish.

What's selfish is for other people to force you to stay in this life, if you truly don't want to; not the other way around.

utahphinsfan
12-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Its probably the humorless drones making Benoit references or blaming our "Grand Theft Auto Society" that think JCane is tactless, etc...

It is a tragedy & I'd hate to be Pioli or Crennel. However, JCane is entirely within his rights to bring a little levity.

BigCityCat
12-01-2012, 07:47 PM
This thread proves that posters on a forum can take any situation and turn it into an argument. We will be quoting Sigmund Freud in a couple of pages as a source to defend a position.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Its probably the humorless drones making Benoit references or blaming our "Grand Theft Auto Society" that think JCane is tactless, etc...

It is a tragedy & I'd hate to be Pioli or Crennel. However, JCane is entirely within his rights to bring a little levity.

I was on Jcanes side. lol

tylerdolphin
12-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Glad it didnt affect my fantasy team.

utahphinsfan
12-01-2012, 07:51 PM
this is what scares me about believers, what kind of logic is that? I guess they say with god all things are possie, smh.

Agreed. With God, all... = Ins'allah = farm fresh grade A bull plop.

p.s. Reason/logic are the antithesis of organized religion.

MarshallFin1
12-01-2012, 07:51 PM

Sure he is within his right but that doesnt make it right either and as a mod he is also suppose to hold himself to higher standards, other clown posters see a mod acting like that and they follow his lead. How someone can joke about a situation like this is not normal, its easy to sit there and laugh at something like this because you are not related to those people that got shot but if this was one of your family members than you would see why its disgusting to joke about a situation like this.

PATSSUCK
12-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Sure he is within his right but that doesnt make it right either and as a mod he is also suppose to hold himself to higher standards, other clown posters see a mod acting like that and they follow his lead. How someone can joke about a situation like this is not normal, its easy to sit there and laugh at something like this because you are not related to those people that got shot but if this was one of your family members than you would see why its disgusting to joke about a situation like this.

Jcanes wasn't making a joke. He was telling you what some classless Chief fans were saying.

TheWalrus
12-01-2012, 07:57 PM
What's selfish is for other people to force you to stay in this life, if you truly don't want to; not the other way around.

I agree with this, actually. Your life is still your life to live, for you. It doesn't belong to other people.

MarshallFin1
12-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Jcanes wasn't making a joke. He was telling you what some classless Chief fans were saying.

Um, You must have missed his earlier post in the thread. It said "chiefs fan hoped it was cassel" , if u dont call that joking around, i dont know what is.

tylerdolphin
12-01-2012, 07:59 PM
I agree with this, actually. Your life is still your life to live, for you. It doesn't belong to other people.

I agree, but only to a degree. I think its selfish for a person who's kids and family depend on them for support to kill themselves.

MarshallFin1
12-01-2012, 08:04 PM
I agree, but only to a degree. I think its selfish for a person who's kids and family depend on them for support to kill themselves.

Pretty sure that kid will probably never have to work a day in her life after alll the "donations" that family receives + her dads fortune. Nowadays after every crazy incident like this the first thing that happens is a fund gets created for donations..

tylerdolphin
12-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Pretty sure that kid will probably never have to work a day in her life after alll the "donations" that family receives + her dads fortune. Nowadays after every crazy incident like this the first thing that happens is a fund gets created for donations..

Im pretty sure her dad wasnt nearly wealthy enough to set her for life. He was an UDFA and played this year on like a million dollar tender. He might be worth a million when you consider agent fees and other stuff like that.

MarshallFin1
12-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Im pretty sure her dad wasnt nearly wealthy enough to set her for life. He was an UDFA and played this year on like a million dollar tender. He might be worth a million when you consider agent fees and other stuff like that.

Maybe not for life but enough to get her into a good college i'd say so.

TheWalrus
12-01-2012, 08:14 PM

True. Well said. Kids especially, not so much spouses. There's a promise made there, sort of a moral contract. But still, I think the emotional pain people feel can sometimes be overwhelming. If we as a society can see with compassion and understanding the desire for a person in physical pain to end their life -- even if people depend on them -- I don't know why emotional pain is treated so callously.

Locke would be far better suited to talk about it but there seems to be sort of a Stone Age macho attitude about mental health -- that these are not real problems and all boil down to weakness -- and that needs to change. Because when people with issues don't seek counseling, then you get incidents like this where they might (and I stress might) not have occurred.

Not saying we have to agree with someone's decision to end their life, but we do have to respect first the existence and then the severity of emotional trauma and, at the end of the day, people's right to do with their lives what they please. Part of the reason I think people think it's selfish for a loved one to commit suicide is because they feel guilty for not being able to have helped them.

Gonzo
12-01-2012, 08:21 PM

Not counting taxes, highly likely greedy relatives, and the inevitable therapy she's going to need. I wonder if she's going to feel like she's "set for life" knowing her dad killed her mom and then himself?

tylerdolphin
12-01-2012, 08:22 PM
True. Well said. Kids especially. There's a promise made there, sort of a moral contract. But still, I think the emotional pain people feel can sometimes be overwhelming. If we as a society can see with compassion and understanding the desire for a person in physical pain to end their life -- even if people depend on them -- I don't know why emotional pain is treated so callously.

Locke would be far better suited to talk about it but there seems to be sort of a Stone Age macho attitude about mental health -- that these are not real problems and all boil down to weakness -- and that needs to change. Because when people with issues don't seek counseling, then you get incidents like this where they might (and I stress might) not have.

Not saying we have to agree with someone's decision to end their life, but we do have to respect first the existence and then the severity of emotional trauma and, at the end of the day, people's right to do with their lives what they please. Part of the reason I think people think it's selfish for a loved one to commit suicide is because they feel guilty for not being able to help them.

Ill try find it, but I read a very interesting study a year or two ago about the differences in thought process in a genuinely suicidal person as opposed to a non-suicidal person. It even went as far as studying suicide notes of people who failed at weak suicide attempts and compared them to people who actually did kill themselves. The differences were huge. They used different words. Completely devoid of emotion or the thought of the aftermath. It was a really great read. I remember it being weird that I stumbled on it completely by accident about a week after a friend of mine had killed himself so it really stuck out to me.

CattailsrEdible
12-01-2012, 08:34 PM

Unless he caught her with another guy, then it would be justified! Taking himself out was the right thing also! No trials and no vindication for the families! Well played imho!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Ricky4Life
12-01-2012, 08:34 PM
One day my grandfather as a young boy had his uncle come over to the house. His uncle then proceeded to go out back on the swing set and put a bullet through his head. Then my great grandmother proceeded to tell my grandfather to go outside and clean up the skull pieces that had scattered over the yard. Sorry but I have no sympathy for someone that takes their own life.

endorPHINS72
12-01-2012, 08:43 PM
No, suicide is the one sin that cant be forgiven. I fail to see how in the world you can justify the murder of a young mother as getting rid of evil.

I agree that suicide and murder are two unforgivable sins, but my god...this guy must have really had some internal demons. How bad do things have to be before you murder the mother of your son and then pull the trigger on yourself? Belcher must have been a tortured soul, but I feel for the poor mother and his son. That poor little boy is now an orphan with a horrific family history.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Unless he caught her with another guy, then it would be justified! Taking himself out was the right thing also! No trials and no vindication for the families! Well played imho!

I really hope you're being sarcastic.

TheWalrus
12-01-2012, 08:45 PM
One day my grandfather as a young boy had his uncle come over to the house. His uncle then proceeded to go out back on the swing set and put a bullet through his head. Then my great grandmother proceeded to tell my grandfather to go outside and clean up the skull pieces that had scattered over the yard. Sorry but I have no sympathy for someone that takes their own life.

If you can't have sympathy for someone who's life is in such tatters that they feel the need to do such a thing, then who can you have sympathy for?

Also, WTF was wrong with your great grandmother to tell a young boy to go pick up pieces of skull and brain? Seriously.

tylerdolphin
12-01-2012, 08:46 PM
That poor little boy is now an orphan with a horrific family history.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/12/250pxDexter_Morgan-1.jpg

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-01-2012, 08:48 PM

you cant be serious, right? ill take it ur being sarcastic and give u the benefit of the doubt ( at least i hope u r)

TheWarriorFins
12-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Man I rather be drafted to the jets than the chiefs even before this incident

Ricky4Life
12-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Sadly he probably did a lot of "developing" his kid in the last 24 hours.

If you can't have sympathy for someone who's life is in such tatters that they feel the need to do such a thing, then who can you have sympathy for?

Also, WTF was wrong with your great grandmother to tell a young boy to go pick up pieces of skull and brain? Seriously.
I don't have sympathy for the action itself. Also, not really sure what was wrong with her. I don't have any memories myself of her, but the only way my grandma described her was that she was a *****. She was full blooded South Dakota Sue and was a piece of work.

Gonzo
12-01-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm serious as a heart attack! You people automatically taking the woman's side is pathetic! And let's not forget, some women just don't know when to stfu!

You being the loudest of them all. Heed your own advise.

tylerdolphin
12-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Guys, and especially cattails, lets keep this at a level where it can reasonably stay in the main forum. Thanks.

CattailsrEdible
12-01-2012, 09:17 PM
You being the loudest of them all. Heed your own advise.

Thanks, but I don't need you to tell me what advise to heed!

enigmatics
12-01-2012, 09:19 PM
I agree that suicide and murder are two unforgivable sins, but my god...this guy must have really had some internal demons. How bad do things have to be before you murder the mother of your son and then pull the trigger on yourself? Belcher must have been a tortured soul, but I feel for the poor mother and his son. That poor little boy is now an orphan with a horrific family history.[COLOR="Silver"]

Internal demons .... mental issues (perhaps contributed by the physical toll of playing football) .... we simply do not know. It's all speculation at this point. Anyone trying to already decide needs to slow their roll. Regardless it's a tragedy all around.

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Thanks, but I don't need you to tell me what advise to heed!

He can tell you whatever the flyin' ef' he wants to. He's a mod.

CattailsrEdible
12-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Guys, and especially cattails, lets keep this at a level where it can reasonably stay in the main forum. Thanks.

I'm entitled to my opinion! Just like anyone else! Being attacked and called names is obviously alright too?

tylerdolphin
12-01-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm entitled to my opinion! Just like anyone else! Being attacked and called names is obviously alright too?

Youre certainly entitled to your opinion. Youre not entitled to post inflammatory ridiculous things just to get a rise from people and try get them infractions.

CattailsrEdible
12-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Youre certainly entitled to your opinion. Youre not entitled to post inflammatory ridiculous things just to get a rise from people and try get them infractions.

Ridiculous to you maybe, but not me! I never pointed my response towards anyone! Some people here are allowed to attack others, and its wrong! And you know it

CattailsrEdible
12-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Internal demons .... mental issues (perhaps contributed by the physical toll of playing football) .... we simply do not know. It's all speculation at this point. Anyone trying to already decide needs to slow their roll. Regardless it's a tragedy all around.

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

He can tell you whatever the flyin' ef' he wants to. He's a mod.

Yes he can! And I can choose to respond!

WVDolphan
12-01-2012, 09:35 PM

Strong words considering you have no idea whether or not this guy suffered from mental illness. What it does appear is that he killed himself as a result of not wanting to deal with the consequences of his actions. He murdered someone and either didnt want to face the music of life in prison or couldnt deal with his own feeling of guilt over it. Cowardly. This is completely different from someone who kills themselves because they are mentally ill.

WVDolphan
12-01-2012, 09:40 PM

Im with you in that not all people who committ suicide are cowardly or are bad people. Junior Seau comes to mind. However, I dont think you should be trying to make that argument in this particular case. This POS's suicide was clearly a cowardly act. He took the easy way out after he made a poor split second choice in the heat of an argument.

Daytona Fin
12-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Im with you in that not all people who committ suicide are cowardly or are bad people. Junior Seau comes to mind. However, I dont think you should be trying to make that argument in this particular case. This POS's suicide was clearly a cowardly act. He took the easy way out after he made a poor split second choice in the heat of an argument.

I agree that it seems this guy lost control of the moment and killed her and knew he was headed to the pen, couldn't deal with that lifestyle.

As for junior, i read where a lot of his woes were financial. He owed millions to the vegas casinos. That botched suicide attempt when he drove off a cliff was on his sons birthday. Pretty crappy move by a father.

eomdtbtr
12-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Strong words considering you have no idea whether or not this guy suffered from mental illness. What it does appear is that he killed himself as a result of not wanting to deal with the consequences of his actions. He murdered someone and either didnt want to face the music of life in prison or couldnt deal with his own feeling of guilt over it. Cowardly. This is completely different from someone who kills themselves because they are mentally ill.

Indeed, in all honesty, I personally don't think that this was mental health related. The guy very well could of just been a jealous thug and a snap show, or he very well could of been genuinely mentally ill; either was taking a life in the fashion he did is inexcusable. However, my original posts were levied at the ignorant fools spouting off on how suicide is strickly a cowardly and selfish act; as someone who has had to be talked off the ledge before (figuratively speaking) it hit a sore spot.

I don't think we have any disagreements here.

Edit: Just for the record, since I'll probably not get the chance to say it since I predominantly lurk, your posts are boss.

Daytona Fin
12-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Indeed, in all honesty, I personally don't think that this was mental health related. The guy very well could of just been a jealous thug and a snap show, or he very well could of been genuinely mentally ill; either was taking a life in the fashion he did is inexcusable. However, my original posts were levied at the ignorant fools spouting off on how suicide is strickly a cowardly and selfish act; as someone who has had to be talked off the ledge before (figuratively speaking) it hit a sore spot.

Edit: Just for the record, since I'll probably not get the chance to say it since I predominantly lurk, your posts are boss.

I hope that any issues you have had are resolved.

tylerdolphin
12-01-2012, 10:16 PM

Asking this out of genuine curiosity and you dont have to answer if you dont want, but when you were suicidal did you just legitimately think there was no way brighter days were ahead? Thats what always get to me in suicides since Ive had a few hit relatively close to home. Ive had some dark days where I felt depressed and pretty ****ty, but Ive never had a real thought of suicide. Nearly everything in life save for one or two things is possible to fix or come back from. There are always better times on the horizon if you just press on.

eomdtbtr
12-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Asking this out of genuine curiosity and you dont have to answer if you dont want, but when you were suicidal did you just legitimately think there was no way brighter days were ahead? Thats what always get to me in suicides since Ive had a few hit relatively close to home. Ive had some dark days where I felt depressed and pretty ****ty, but Ive never had a real thought of suicide. Nearly everything in life save for one or two things is possible to fix or come back from. There are always better times on the horizon if you just press on.

It's a feeling of being enveloped in a fog of utter hopelessness and despair. When you hate yourself you don't deserve brighter days and when you have dysthmic depression as opposed to major depression, you don't get the swings between the highs and lows; it's simply the monotony of existence that's so ****ing tough. It's definitely impossible to properly convey through words, since its such a irrational act. All I know is that the only time I took active steps to end my life, it was a completely impulsive decision; something happened that set me off (something relatively minor) and it was a split second decision and from that moment on it was merely getting everything in place.

The 'to be, or not to be' moments come before in my opinion, people who commit suicide know they want to die. I'm not suicidal at the moment, but it still doesn't change the fact that I'd prefer to be dead; as an atheist, it would just be like slipping into a peaceful permanent sleep. The act of suicide itself is impulsive. But then again, keep in mind I'm only speaking from personal experience here, it could very well be different for everyone.

I didn't mean to turn this about myself, or turn this thread into some sort of pillow to cry out my emotions into; however I think it is important to speak up on the prevalence of suicide and mental health issues, since the stigma associated with it is stifling and is a big reason why people who need help, never reach out to get it; I'm sorry to hear that people you knew and cared about are some of them.

MrEd
12-01-2012, 10:33 PM
"For jealousy enrages a man's fury, therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance" (Proverbs 6:34)

Phin-o-rama
12-01-2012, 10:41 PM
What does this have to do with the dolphins?

Phin-o-rama
12-01-2012, 10:43 PM

He followed through with it and at least he didn't ***** out...dint want tax dollars going toward paying for his room and board for life...tragic incident but at least he took himself our too

tylerdolphin
12-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Ridiculous to you maybe, but not me! I never pointed my response towards anyone! Some people here are allowed to attack others, and its wrong! And you know it

Its was a straight up troll post trying to bait angry responses.

Gonzo
12-01-2012, 11:05 PM
What does this have to do with the dolphins?

It's a big story in the entire NFL, which happens to include the Dolphins. It will be moved eventually, but for now it's fine here.

MarshallFin1
12-01-2012, 11:41 PM
I've lost a few friends and family members in my life but they have only been from natural accidents and health problems. I can only imagine what its like to lose someone close to you by suicide, it has to be very tough to deal with it. These families right now are suffering and need support/counseling. The nfl has offered it to the chiefs but they should go the extra mile and get the players family involved also because they need it the most. I hope theres some sort of foundation that is created from all this and its dedicated to helping people with suicidal thoughts.

JCane
12-01-2012, 11:45 PM

This right here makes me laugh every time I see it. Evo lol.

Not sure what I'd do without my iPhone.

Might kill myself.

tylerdolphin
12-01-2012, 11:49 PM
I heard Belcher has been downgraded to doubtful for Sunday's game.

JCane
12-01-2012, 11:50 PM

Almost choked on my Christmas tree cake.

tylerdolphin
12-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Almost choked on my Christmas tree cake.

Cant lie. I stole that one lol. Damn near killed me when I read it.

JCane
12-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Eric Berry probably shagged his girlfriend.

"Eric Berry is at my girlfriend's house."

Harry_Bagpipe
12-02-2012, 12:05 AM

Sad

Dolfan3773
12-02-2012, 12:23 AM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher fatally shot his girlfriend on Saturday, then drove to Arrowhead Stadium and committed suicide in front of his coach and general manager.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8697360/kansas-city-chiefs-jovan-belcher-kills-girlfriend-commits-suicide-police-say

WTF?!?!?!

tylerdolphin
12-02-2012, 12:25 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/12/tumblr_malsilkoV11rcd9h1o1_400-1.png

PhinsPhan11
12-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Just a tad late.

Dolfan3773
12-02-2012, 12:31 AM
Just a tad late.

I've been working so I didn't see it until now. Pretty crazy

COphinphan89
12-02-2012, 12:33 AM
I heard Belcher has been downgraded to doubtful for Sunday's game.Well you may as well pull him out of your fantasy lineup if you have him in an IDP league.

tylerdolphin
12-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Well you may as well pull him out of your fantasy lineup if you have him in an IDP league.

Probably for the best. I mean, even if he suits up Carolina runs a lot of Pistol and he isnt very good with that.

JCane
12-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Probably for the best. I mean, even if he suits up Carolina runs a lot of Pistol and he isnt very good with that.

:lol: :lol:

KTOWNFINFAN
12-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Is that you Chad ??

KTOWNFINFAN
12-02-2012, 12:53 AM
this is what scares me about believers, what kind of logic is that? I guess they say with god all things are possie, smh.Believe me, that is NOT the way "believers" think. Not believers of the CHRISTIAN faith any way. Maybe Islam, Hindu or Budiest think that way, I really couldn't tell you, but Christians don't.

jason_taylor
12-02-2012, 01:06 AM

well imo people would just start dropping dead if that was the case because the society , and the whole world is evil and corrupted .

Spesh
12-02-2012, 01:13 AM
I agree that it seems this guy lost control of the moment and killed her and knew he was headed to the pen, couldn't deal with that lifestyle.

As for junior, i read where a lot of his woes were financial. He owed millions to the vegas casinos. That botched suicide attempt when he drove off a cliff was on his sons birthday. Pretty crappy move by a father.

Money trouble contributed to Seau's death, but mental illness was a factor. We wont know the extent of it for awhile but preliminary tests on his donated brain indicate concussions might of played a factor.

As well, part of his money woes were tied to his family. Like many athletes he became an ATM for them. When he retired and was in financial trouble himself he couldnt continue to support others(and this wasnt his ex-wife or kids either, it was extended family) and that "fact" affected him.

There was a whole laundry list of reasons why Seau commited suicide, some things people might not think about or take for granted(like working out, being able to sleep) directly affected him. Heres an article about what led to his suicide:

But he wasn’t in good shape. In the months to come, Seau’s trademark smile would mask a man rapidly unraveling. Outside of the NFL’s spotlight, what emerged was a life marked by depression, drinking, prescription drugs, gambling, financial woes, sexual escapades and strained relationships....

The lack of structure in his life — in particular, the absence of career obligations and responsibilities — increased his depression, and gave him more time to dwell on it.
The diminished offseason physical training, as well as no longer having to devote hours each week to practices and games, meant he generated less adrenaline and fewer endorphins, which act as antidepressants.

Once Seau retired, it didn’t take long for his life to start coming apart. It happened fast, and it came at him from all angles. And it never seemed to stop...

Beyond his interpersonal strife, Seau was petrified he’d run out of money. Throughout his career, he’d always opened up his wallet to help his family. In retirement, his parents, siblings and extended family still leaned on him to be the major breadwinner despite a severely diminished annual income, and their continued financial expectations became a tremendous burden.
“It was fun when he first started playing in the NFL and he bought his parents a house,” his ex-wife, Gina, said. “This is how it is with players, that’s their first big financial goal. But he was always feeling obligated to be an ATM for his family. It was a constant drain. He had a hard time saying no.”

http://www.nctimes.com/sports/football/professional/nfl/chargers/junior-seau-bitter-endgame/article_6fd7b59a-93a6-56e0-bb9c-d056ad1f8d3f.html

JCane
12-02-2012, 01:15 AM
Rick Majerus killed himself tonight as well.

Dude ate his heart out.

KTOWNFINFAN
12-02-2012, 01:18 AM
]I agree that suicide and murder are two unforgivable sins[/B], but my god...this guy must have really had some internal demons. How bad do things have to be before you murder the mother of your son and then pull the trigger on yourself? Belcher must have been a tortured soul, but I feel for the poor mother and his son. That poor little boy is now an orphan with a horrific family history.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

I really hope you're being sarcastic.LOL, Really?? Unforgivable by who??

KTOWNFINFAN
12-02-2012, 01:24 AM
Strong words considering you have no idea whether or not this guy suffered from mental illness. What it does appear is that he killed himself as a result of not wanting to deal with the consequences of his actions. He murdered someone and either didnt want to face the music of life in prison or couldnt deal with his own feeling of guilt over it. Cowardly. This is completely different from someone who kills themselves because they are mentally ill.So what I hear you saying is that it is normal human behavior for a normal thinking human to take a gun and shoot his girlfriend in the head and then shoot himself??

COphinphan89
12-02-2012, 03:08 AM
Well I've heard that he can really shoot through the gaps but I haven't watched the Chiefs very much this year.

Inch78
12-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Not sure what I consider worse in ths thread: the number of people who want to second-guess or psychoanalyse the actions of a man they have never met; the number of people whom extrapolate the circumstances of this case and use it to pass comment on religion, suicide, mnetal illness or any other thinly related topic of their choice; the number of people whom feel no pangs of remorse in making tasteless 'jokes' about such a tragic occurrence.

Class guys. Pure class.

Penthos
12-02-2012, 12:32 PM
This is a horrible situation. It's tragic, awful and sad. But it doesn't mean that it's wrong to speculate on motive. For which, if there is no history of abuse then to me this story wreaks of infidelity, not insanity or brain damage. It's probably the most common motive for crimes of this type (even has a handy little name "crime of passion"). Odds are either she was cheating/cheated on him (or he thought she was) and he killed her out of jealousy/anger, OR, he was cheating/cheated on her (or she thought he was) and she was going to leave him, probably taking their newborn child, which he couldn't live with.

I could be wrong but jealousy DOES make some people do extremely irrational things, so I think her cheating on him is a more likely scenario.

Daytona Fin
12-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Not sure what I consider worse in ths thread: the number of people who want to second-guess or psychoanalyse the actions of a man they have never met; the number of people whom extrapolate the circumstances of this case and use it to pass comment on religion, suicide, mnetal illness or any other thinly related topic of their choice; the number of people whom feel no pangs of remorse in making tasteless 'jokes' about such a tragic occurrence.

Class guys. Pure class.
So how do you feel?

tylerdolphin
12-02-2012, 05:48 PM

Class guys. Pure class.

You can joke about something and still think its a senseless tragedy BTW.

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-02-2012, 06:57 PM
its really ticking me off seeing all of the coverage making it out to be the loss of this chiefs player such a tragedy.

the only tragedy in my opinion here is that a young lady lost her life at the age of ****ing 25 years old and left a 3 month old baby an orphan because of this prick.

this guy did what unfortunately i here on the news way too often. commit a murder and then try to end it so he does not need to face the consequences.

a little over a month ago here in New York, this nanny, who had been the nanny for over a year, was left home with 2 of the children in the appt, and the mother comes home and finds her 2 little children stabbed to death, and this nanny tried to kill herself ( luckily she was a failure in doing so, because now she will have to suffer hopefully)

this is no different in terms of the act. someone commits an awful crime and then trys to end it.

i have absolutely no sympathy that this douche-bag is dead, the only people i feel for is that a woman was senselessly murdered and now a 3 month old little girl is left an orphan. that is what everyone should be mourning about, this guy is a murderer, can people please stop crying for this guy.( not saying this site specifically, just in the media in general)

tylerdolphin
12-02-2012, 07:08 PM
its really ticking me off seeing all of the coverage making it out to be the loss of this chiefs player such a tragedy.

the only tragedy in my opinion here is that a young lady lost her life at the age of ****ing 25 years old and left a 3 month old baby an orphan because of this prick.

this guy did what unfortunately i here on the news way too often. commit a murder and then try to end it so he does not need to face the consequences.

a little over a month ago here in New York, this nanny, who had been the nanny for over a year, was left home with 2 of the children in the appt, and the mother comes home and finds her 2 little children stabbed to death, and this nanny tried to kill herself ( luckily she was a failure in doing so, because now she will have to suffer hopefully)

this is no different in terms of the act. someone commits an awful crime and then trys to end it.

i have absolutely no sympathy that this douche-bag is dead, the only people i feel for is that a woman was senselessly murdered and now a 3 month old little girl is left an orphan. that is what everyone should be mourning about, this guy is a murderer, can people please stop crying for this guy.( not saying this site specifically, just in the media in general)

This. Im just glad the girl is too young to ever remember it. Regardless, he robbed his own kid of the chance to grow up in a normal family and she will always have to live with the baggage of what her dad did. Thats a hell of a burden for any kid.

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-02-2012, 07:37 PM
This. Im just glad the girl is too young to ever remember it. Regardless, he robbed his own kid of the chance to grow up in a normal family and she will always have to live with the baggage of what her dad did. Thats a hell of a burden for any kid.
yup, exactly. this girl will never have a mom or dad bc of this guy. it just makes me sick, like the moment of silence, and all the other crap for this guy.

this is not like sean taylor a couple years back where he was killed in his own home in the middle of the night, this dude here is a ****ing murderer. i do not mourn the death of murderers.

Phindog
12-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Of coarse playing the game was the right thing to do...it was a no brainer.......Coach Crennell is all pro in my book...Wow!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/kansas-city-chiefs/0ap2000000104390/Chiefs-postgame-press-conference

Dovahkiin
12-03-2012, 12:17 PM
We had a guy at my company show up one day all depressed talking about how he was going to kill himself. One of my employees in middle management came to me about this and I handled it. I found this unsightly soul in the break room area eating a Hot Pocket. I told him we couldn't have people with suicidal thoughts running around finance. He said he wasn't serious but I told him he was fired and to kill himself somewhere else.

Daytona Fin
12-04-2012, 01:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8708333/kansas-city-chiefs-had-provided-counseling-jovan-belcher-kasandra-perkins

Police Sgt. Richard Sharp told The Kansas City Star for a Tuesday story that the couple had been arguing over relationship and financial issues for months and that the team had been "bending over backward" trying to help them. Sharp didn't specify how long the couple had been undergoing counseling.

The Star also reported Tuesday that Belcher kissed Perkins on the forehead and apologized to her seconds after fatally shooting her. The scene reportedly was witnessed by Belcher's mother, who was staying with the couple. Belcher then reportedly apologized to his mother, kissed his 3-month daughter, and left his home.

When Belcher arrived at Arrowhead on Saturday, he encountered Pioli in the parking lot and told him the assistance the team had offered hadn't fixed the couple's problems and now "it was too late," Sharp said.

Investigators believe Belcher killed himself because he was distraught over shooting Perkins, Sharp said.

"He cared about her," Sharp said. "I don't think he could live with himself."

dolpns13
12-05-2012, 04:54 PM

I dont give a **** if he had a mental illness or not. He pumped 9 bullets into his girlfriend. If he did have a mental illness, it is absolutely no excuse for what he did. He's a cold blooded murder

Daytona Fin
12-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Here is the 911 call from the mother. Sorry ass scumbag didnt even finish her off, left her there to suffer.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-12-05/kansas-city-chiefs-shooting-jovan-belcher-911-call-audio-video-gf-murder?icid=maing-grid7|maing6|dl2|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D241594