PDA

View Full Version : MNF Thread: Anyone Surprised?

DolfanISS
12-10-2012, 10:45 PM
That the Pats are steamrolling the "most complete team in football". Our defense held up much better than the Texans defense is. As bad as our secondary is can Houston's be worse? Is Tim Dobbins really a starter on a defense for an 11-1 team? This looks like a long night for Houston and I bet the Pats embarras the 9ers next week too.

SkapePhin
12-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Oddly, our offense performed better against the Pats than the Texans also... Without Andre Johnson

flynryan15
I knew a our defense is better thread would pop up! Ummmm no they are not the Pats are in fire and if they hit like this on us in a couple weeks they will hang 60+ on us.

PhinzN703
No worry. I'm sure the Dolphins will get destroyed in Week 17 just as bad as Houston is tonight. There is no stopping NE unfortunately.

ANUFan
12-10-2012, 10:48 PM
I expected a better performance from the Texans.....

flynryan15
12-10-2012, 10:49 PM
This oughta silence the look at the Texans they are a run first team and the league best crowd

ANUFan
12-10-2012, 10:50 PM
I knew a our defense is better thread would pop up! Ummmm no they are not the Pats are in fire and if they hit like this on us in a couple weeks they will hang 60+ on us.

You have to give our defensive some credit...Maybe we are not better skill wise but certainly we were better prepared? You can't just complete dismiss our defensive performance against them!

DolfanISS
12-10-2012, 10:51 PM

Yeah but teams have been hanging all kinds of yards and points on Houston lately not just NE. Ask Chad Henne how tough Houston's defense is. They have injuries and its showing. Tim Dobbins backed up Channing Crowder, you'd have to think Ed be the 4th LB on our team at best.

EvilDylan
12-10-2012, 10:53 PM
if they didn't hang 60 on us last week, why would they the next time we play? I'm sorry but did you forget the game that was JUST played?

this is the exact same thing people (quitters) were saying right before we played the pats and the 9ers. you kids don't understand that this team is prepared to play nearly every week. we may lose more than we win but err come to play and will be a serious force in a couple years.

dolpns13
12-10-2012, 10:53 PM
That the Pats are steamrolling the "most complete team in football". Our defense held up much better than the Texans defense is. As bad as our secondary is can Houston's be worse? Is Tim Dobbins really a starter on a defense for an 11-1 team? This looks like a long night for Houston and I bet the Pats embarras the 9ers next week too.

Lets not forget the Patriots are home. Wait until we get to go into Gilette and play the Patriots at home.

Jamaicankid21
12-10-2012, 10:56 PM
I predicted the Patriots to win by 14 over the Texans. The way Houston has been playing? Jacksonville dropped 37 and Detroit 31. No possible way where they going to stop New England. Houston has been pretty terrible lately on the defensive end. I am surprised to see it 21-0 right now though. Thought Matt would be throwing better

DolfanISS
12-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Lets not forget the Patriots are home. Wait until we get to go into Gilette and play the Patriots at home.

So other then Watt and Joseph what Texans do you take for our defense and who do you throw out? Our LB's and DT's are better (tough 4-3 vs 3-4 but Soliai and Starks are better then Cody.

ANUFan
12-10-2012, 11:03 PM

You would love it if they put up 60+ on us wouldn't you? Disgusting!

dolpns13
12-10-2012, 11:07 PM
So other then Watt and Joseph what Texans do you take for our defense and who do you throw out? Our LB's and DT's are better (tough 4-3 vs 3-4 but Soliai and Starks are better then Cody.

I definitely take Jonathon Joseph and Kareem Jackson over Smith and Carroll and I may take Daniel Manning over Clemons.

flynryan15
12-10-2012, 11:10 PM

No one is going to be happy if we get embarrassed, hell I am usually the loudest fool at the bar and i cheer for the Dolphins which trust me draws remarks. But some of us are realist and the Pats are on fire right now and if they are hitting on like this when we play its a long day. You say our defense played well and I say the Pats were off, hell most were on here using Brady missing open TDs to justify Tannehill missing them. I just except we need a lot of work.

ANUFan
12-10-2012, 11:14 PM
No one is going to be happy if we get embarrassed, hell I am usually the loudest fool at the bar and i cheer for the Dolphins which trust me draws remarks. But some of us are realist and the Pats are on fire right now and if they are hitting on like this when we play its a long day. You say our defense played well and I say the Pats were off, hell most were on here using Brady missing open TDs to justify Tannehill missing them. I just except we need a lot of work.

I'm sure your going to be heart-broken considering all you typed and predicted, when they win more or less by the same margin as the first game! We have so many gutless fans that secretly wish for this teams demise every week.

dolpns13
12-10-2012, 11:16 PM

Whats disgusting?

DolfanISS

I don't doubt that we need more work but our defense/secondary hasn't looked as bad as Houston's has in there last 3 games all season. They are repeatedly getting lit up. To say we could have a better D right now, after injuries, isn't that far fetched. I think we are far from a defense you can rely on to win championships but our offense is so bad we need to focus on it this offseason. We can stand pat on D and get better on O and be competitive.

enigmatics
Oddly, our offense performed better against the Pats than the Texans also... Without Andre Johnson

I thought have a game breaking wide receiver solved all the problems?

dolpns13
12-10-2012, 11:17 PM
I'm sure your going to be heart-broken considering all you typed and predicted, when they win more or less by the same margin as the first game! We have so many gutless fans that secretly wish for this teams demise every week.

Yup, you got us.. :crazy:

flynryan15
12-10-2012, 11:17 PM

No I won't be heart broken because I had realistic expectations this year seeing how we have a rookie HC, rookie dc, rookie qb, new OC, new system on offense and defense and the majority of the players on the roster don't fit the system. I said this was a 6 win team give or take a win or lose and I have been spot on.

Fins4Ever&Ever
12-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Hey idiots, playing New England IN New England is far different and way the **** harder then playing them in sunny Miami. Totally different, so you can't compare. Get real. Miami will get torched in Week #17 even if the game is meaningless. C'mon man. Nobody wins in New England in the 2nd half.

I will agree that Tim Dobbins is the most overrated player in the NFL this year, and JJ Watt is clearly a roid head who hasn't been caught yet. Can he pump any more roids into his body or what? **** the Texans. Pretenders.

Jamaicankid21
12-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Brady missed a WR in stride down-field. Brada-Henne!!!! No Accuracy.

flynryan15
12-10-2012, 11:22 PM

JaTommy Russell

DolfanISS
12-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Hey idiots, playing New England IN New England is far different and way the **** harder then playing them in sunny Miami. Totally different, so you can't compare. Get real. Miami will get torched in Week #17 even if the game is meaningless. C'mon man. Nobody wins in New England in the 2nd half.

I will agree that Tim Dobbins is the most overrated player in the NFL this year, and JJ Watt is clearly a roid head who hasn't been caught yet. Can he pump any more roids into his body or what? **** the Texans. Pretenders.

I'm sorry you guys are right. I just checked and we played NE in Foxboro last year in week 16 and lost 72-3. They also beat the Ravens 63-2 2 weeks later. Playing a competitive game with the Pats at home in December is obviously impossible and we are all dumber now for even discussing the idea. Mods please close this thread.

Next will be hearing Brandon Marshall is a 50 point swing.

ANUFan
Whats disgusting?

The fact that we have "fans" hoping that the Patriots blow-us-out when we go to Foxboro to prove that our first defensive performance against them was a fluke. Like I said disgusting!

enigmatics

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/12/tombradytrophy-1.jpg

ANUFan
12-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Side note: Andre Johnson has definitely lost a step!

dolpns13
12-10-2012, 11:27 PM
The fact that we have "fans" hoping that the Patriots blow-us-out when we go to Foxboro to prove that our first defensive performance against them was a fluke. Like I said disgusting!

Who said we were hoping NE blows us out??? I suggest you stop trying to put words in peoples mouths. Nowhere did I read, or did I say I hoped we get blown out by 60 points. Grow up.

flynryan15
12-10-2012, 11:27 PM

Agree he looks very ordinary

Jamaicankid21
12-10-2012, 11:32 PM
JaTommy Russell

:lol2:

Jamaicankid21
12-10-2012, 11:41 PM

Idk. I think the Patriots once again are running a masterful defensive scheme on him. For most of the night they've had a Safety overhead just shadowing him around on the field. Patriots pass rush has been killing Matt as well.

Dolph N.Fan
12-11-2012, 12:19 AM
if they didn't hang 60 on us last week, why would they the next time we play? I'm sorry but did you forget the game that was JUST played?

this is the exact same thing people (quitters) were saying right before we played the pats and the 9ers. you kids don't understand that this team is prepared to play nearly every week. we may lose more than we win but err come to play and will be a serious force in a couple years.

Next game is in Foxboro and Miami will probably have fully given up by then...wouldn't be surprised if New England gets almost 60 pts/

joenhre
12-11-2012, 12:29 AM
The Texans are an overrated team that will never win anything with Kubiak as their head coach. They got down quick in this game and basically gave up at the end of the 3rd quarter. Neither the Texans or Patriots are winning anything this year the Texans have already been exposed as a soft team and the Patriots will be exposed when they face a team in the playoffs that actually shows up..

DolfanISS
12-11-2012, 09:35 AM
The Texans are an overrated team that will never win anything with Kubiak as their head coach. They got down quick in this game and basically gave up at the end of the 3rd quarter. Neither the Texans or Patriots are winning anything this year the Texans have already been exposed as a soft team and the Patriots will be exposed when they face a team in the playoffs that actually shows up..

Who? The way I see it is they have just 1 challenge in the AFC and that's Denver. They would steamroll Houston again and the Ravens are a mess. If they can beat Denver they'll have a shot at the Super Bowl again.

nyjunc
12-11-2012, 09:40 AM
I will nevre trust Houston as long as the overrated Matt Schaub is their QB, until he shows any ability to win a big game I am not convinced Hou can reach the SB.

w/ that said NE steamrolled us in dec on a monday night 2 years ago then we beat them at NE in the playoffs, if Hou faces NE it will likely be at home but again I don't trust Schaub.

CleatMarks
12-11-2012, 11:49 AM
I will nevre trust Houston as long as the overrated Matt Schaub is their QB, until he shows any ability to win a big game I am not convinced Hou can reach the SB.

w/ that said NE steamrolled us in dec on a monday night 2 years ago then we beat them at NE in the playoffs, if Hou faces NE it will likely be at home but again I don't trust Schaub.
And with each passing loss, that looks more and more like a fluke. You guys haven't won in 4 games since.

nyjunc
12-11-2012, 11:56 AM
And with each passing loss, that looks more and more like a fluke. You guys haven't won in 4 games since.

we had beaten them 3 of 5 times, it wasn't a fluke. We haven't been good the last 2 years.

Daytona Fin
12-11-2012, 12:14 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if the colts win the south.

DolfanISS
12-11-2012, 12:16 PM

You're right, but I don't think those Jeys defenses were getting steamrolled on a weekly basis leading up to that game. Not to mention losing Jim Leonard the Saturday before didn't help. My point is Houston's defense hasn't been good for weeks. If Chad Henne hangs over 30 points on your defense it has issues. Just don't understand how anyone thought Hpuston would stop NE when they haven't stopped anyone lately.

Next week Kaepernick will be exposed as soon as he's put in a position where he needs to keep up with Tom Brady. Harbaugh will again be contemplating Alex smith going into week 16.

joenhre
12-16-2012, 11:54 PM
You're right, but I don't think those Jeys defenses were getting steamrolled on a weekly basis leading up to that game. Not to mention losing Jim Leonard the Saturday before didn't help. My point is Houston's defense hasn't been good for weeks. If Chad Henne hangs over 30 points on your defense it has issues. Just don't understand how anyone thought Hpuston would stop NE when they haven't stopped anyone lately.

Next week Kaepernick will be exposed as soon as he's put in a position where he needs to keep up with Tom Brady. Harbaugh will again be contemplating Alex smith going into week 16.

Looks like the Patriots are the ones being exposed tonight.

DolfanISS
12-17-2012, 12:08 AM
Looks like the Patriots are the ones being exposed tonight.

Haha, had to call me out? I hate the Pats very much and am happy to see this. Not over yet, lets see how Kaepernick does with a 14 point lead? Lets see if that happens first.

joenhre
12-17-2012, 12:12 AM
Haha, had to call me out? I hate the Pats very much and am happy to see this. Not over yet, lets see how Kaepernick does with a 14 point lead? Lets see if that happens first.

Yeah Kaepernick still has a lot to prove. This game is more the 49ers Defense showing why they are considered the best in the league. Nice of the Refs not to call false start on that huge pass play to get the Patriots in scoring position. #47 the one who caught the pass was off the line before the ball was snapped yet no call by the refs.

DolfanISS
12-17-2012, 12:15 AM
Yeah Kaepernick still has a lot to prove. This game is more the 49ers Defense showing why they are considered the best in the league. Nice of the Refs not to call false start on that huge pass play to get the Patriots in scoring position. #47 the one who caught the pass was off the line before the ball was snapped yet no call by the refs.

Yeah the refs love NE, always have. Oh ohh 3 and out.

1 dol fan
12-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Yeah the refs love NE, always have. Oh ohh 3 and out.
Not to mention Brady spiking that ball would get most folks a 15 yarder.

DolfanISS
12-17-2012, 12:25 AM
If Kap does nothing on the next drive that will tell us something. He has some pressure on him now, hope he can handle the snap ;).

DolfanISS
12-17-2012, 12:31 AM
Kap falling apart now.

joenhre
12-17-2012, 12:35 AM
Kap falling apart now.

Yeah he's looking like a rookie now.

J. David Wannyheimer
12-17-2012, 12:38 AM
Love the home cooking at Foxboro. Worst pass interference call I have ever seen in my life. What a shocker, the Patriots got the benefit.

FrankP
12-17-2012, 12:40 AM
Wow... Pats just tied it up. We can hate as much as we want, but Brady will be remembered among the best of the best of all time...

DolfanISS
12-17-2012, 12:41 AM
Niners need some sustained offense I have a feeling Kap will not be able to do it.

EvilDylan
12-17-2012, 12:43 AM
wow.

DolfanISS
12-17-2012, 12:44 AM
Kid made a great play, nice job.

EvilDylan
12-17-2012, 12:53 AM
some questionable play calling there. right after kap tosses a td you run it 3 straight tunes for a 3 and out.