PDA

View Full Version : Jets will sign Braylon Edwards if he clears waivers

Dolfan3773
12-11-2012, 04:12 PM
The same “idiots” Braylon Edwards was complaining about recently are about to sign him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/11/jets-will-sign-braylon-edwards-if-he-clears-waivers/

:crazy:

nyjunc
12-11-2012, 04:57 PM
he was just defending his friend, we are glad to have Braylon back. Neither he or Sanchez has been the same since they split.

Daytona Fin
12-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Never bite the hand that feeds you, ask brandon jacobs. I like the signing , you can never have enough acts in a circus. Grab your popcorn the show just got better.

uk_dolfan
12-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Oh good for him he might actually get a few snaps now. So washed up he couldnt get a spot ahead of Naanee.

Dolfan3773
12-11-2012, 07:28 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/11/braylon-edwards-is-a-new-york-jet/

Daytona Fin
12-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Braylon's tweet last week

Don't blame Sanchez. I played there. Blame the idiots calling shots. Mark is a beast and will probe it when given a proper chance

Braylon's tweet this week

It feels great to be going home. Thanks to all of jet nation that continuously supported me and pushed for me. I'm back and it's go timr

Still trying to figure out who the idiot is. Is it braylon or is it the idiots calling the shots that signed the idiot who called them idiots?

What is a timr?

What are the odds the idiots are the only team that put a waiver claim in for the idiot?

Too many questions. Stay tuned, same idiot time, same idiot channel.

JETSJETSJETS
12-12-2012, 02:27 AM
Braylon's tweet last week

Braylon's tweet this week

Still trying to figure out who the idiot is. Is it braylon or is it the idiots calling the shots that signed the idiot who called them idiots?

What is a timr?

What are the odds the idiots are the only team that put a waiver claim in for the idiot?

Too many questions. Stay tuned, same idiot time, same idiot channel.

In other words, Braylon called the GM idiot for letting him go (we all do). Now Mr. Tannenbaum resigned Braylon. Braylon brings a lot of talent to the Jets squad that is missing Holmes for several months and will be missing Hill and Gates. Guess who the Jets had as their starting WR if not for Braylon? Chaz Schilen and Kerley. Not intimidating at all, and that too without a slot receiver.

DisturbedShifty
12-12-2012, 07:41 AM
In other words, Braylon called the GM idiot for letting him go (we all do). Now Mr. Tannenbaum resigned Braylon. Braylon brings a lot of talent to the Jets squad that is missing Holmes for several months and will be missing Hill and Gates. Guess who the Jets had as their starting WR if not for Braylon? Chaz Schilen and Kerley. Not intimidating at all, and that too without a slot receiver.

Even with him back it's still not intimidating. I mean all anyone needs to do is double team him for the whole game. And, I seriously don't know, who is going to be throwing the ball to him anyway?

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

nyjunc
12-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Even with him back it's still not intimidating. I mean all anyone needs to do is double team him for the whole game. And, I seriously don't know, who is going to be throwing the ball to him anyway?

if teams double him that allows kerley to do damage, right now kerley is our top weapon in the pass game and if Keller comes back that's another weapon. Instead of Kerley 1, Schilens 2, Cumberland 3 we'll have Braylon, Keller and Kerley. Not great but MUCH better than most of this season.

silverfin
12-12-2012, 12:36 PM
lol hope he enjoys his three game stretch 'cos after that he's getting canned

Bumpus
12-12-2012, 12:44 PM
he was just defending his friend, we are glad to have Braylon back. Neither he or Sanchez has been the same since they split.

:limp:

nyjunc
12-12-2012, 12:58 PM
:limp:

I couldn't care less if he is gay or not, I just want to win.

silverfin
12-12-2012, 01:03 PM
I couldn't care less if he is gay or not, I just want to win.

Braylon isn't going to make you win. If he was any good nowadays how come Seattle considered him disposable? He isn't good enough to play for a playoff team thats why. He'll fit in well with you guys though, because afterall, you're not gonna be a playoff team :up:

nyjunc
12-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Braylon isn't going to make you win. If he was any good nowadays how come Seattle considered him disposable? He isn't good enough to play for a playoff team thats why. He'll fit in well with you guys though, because afterall, you're not gonna be a playoff team :up:

some guys don't fit in other places, he produced for us and maybe returning back here gets him going again like Deion Branch going back to NE after his failure in Seattle.

Do I expect Braylon to be great? No but w/ our injuries our WR corps sucks, he makes it better.

JETSJETSJETS
12-13-2012, 01:37 AM

Double teaming him means one less defender to worry about. Right now, none of the Jets WRs demand double teaming. And Sanchez will be throwing him the ball, same QB he had 900+ yards and 7 TDs with. He's probably not 100% right now, but I like the move simply because Jets finally gave Sanchez someone he trusted in his rookie and sophomore years. Signing him means Jets may very well resign him next off season depending on what he shows them in the practices and games. Pete Carroll said he liked Braylon but he was slowed by his injury and that he would be a good fit for the Jets assuming he can get back to 100 before the end of the year.

With the Jets one game away from a wildcard spot and a soft schedule to follow, I like the move.

The New Guy
12-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Outside of bringing back the guy who called the Jets decision makers idiots, I think it is a good move. What do they have to lose? I would be surprised if he makes an impact this season with his injury and having to learn Tony's offense, but if he can get healthy and show a little bit of that connection he had with Mark a few years ago, it would be a good move for next year.