PDA

View Full Version : NY Jets ready to get rid of Mark Sanchez, will explore trade...

BAMAPHIN 22
12-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Less than four years after the Jets made a franchise-changing decision to move up in the draft for Mark Sanchez, they will attempt to trade the struggling quarterback after the season.
One day after Rex Ryan benched Sanchez for third-stringer Greg McElroy for Sundayís game against the Chargers, the Daily News learned on Wednesday that the Jets will explore trading the player that they once believed would be their franchise quarterback.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/sanchise-jets-ready-shop-sanchez-qbs-source-article-1.1223973#ixzz2FhnG51jN (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/sanchise-jets-ready-shop-sanchez-qbs-source-article-1.1223973#ixzz2FhnG51jN)

NY8123
12-21-2012, 01:10 PM
LOL and I have a boat I want to sell you buit you have to pick it up off the coast of Italy.

Daytona Fin
12-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Sources tell Newsday's Bob Glauber that Mark Sanchez is likely to be with the Jets in 2013.
Sanchez's guaranteed money is the only thing keeping him in New York. Reports surfaced Wednesday that the team would attempt to trade Sanchez, but no team in its right mind would take on the dollar signs, especially for a likely No. 2 quarterback. The Jets are on the hook for a boat-load of money, so it makes sense to just hang on to the former No. 5 overall pick if they have to cut the check.
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/251955/report-sanchez-likely-to-be-with-jets-in-13

Seems the jets have changed their minds. Looks like someone convinced the jets that are out of their minds and nobody will pay that type of money for a 3rd stringer. Fireman ed and junc get wear their clipboard jerseys one more year.

MadDog 88
12-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Mike Tannenbaum: Executive of the Year :lol:

Vaark
12-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Mike Tannenbaum: Executive of the Year :lol:'

or at least Bill Bellicheat's favorite GM

nyjunc
12-21-2012, 04:13 PM
I expect Sanchez will be on our roster next season.

finfanaz
12-21-2012, 04:23 PM

Much to the delight of everyone here at Finheaven

nyjunc
12-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Much to the delight of everyone here at Finheaven

I don't get why you guys like finishing behind us so much?

silverfin
12-21-2012, 04:46 PM

I think he will as well, but it's by no means definite,

Right now I don't think anyone would take on that contract, but some desperate team may do ... this years draft is hardly blessed with talent at the QB position. I don't think any of the QB's in the draft are worth a top 5 pick and there are at least 5 or 6 teams that should be looking to bring in a new guy. Out of interest who do you want the Jets to bring in to compete with Sanchez this pre season (be it via the draft or FA)?

SpurzN703
12-21-2012, 05:02 PM

What's it matter anyway? If the Dolphins finished this year with a better record you'd just say it was b/c the Jets have injuries. This bull**** will go on forever.

Vaark
12-21-2012, 05:13 PM

Likewise I don't get why you brag about always coming up short and NEVER winning a Conference Championship? :idk:

Flip Tanneflop
12-21-2012, 05:29 PM
What's it matter anyway? If the Dolphins finished this year with a better record you'd just say it was b/c the Jets have injuries. This bull**** will go on forever.

Im sure thats what we will hear after the Chargers beat the Jests lead by Greg McElroy, then follow it up next week vs Buffalo with an effort you see from weak teams that have the suitcases packed and the plane tickets tucked inside.

Flip Tanneflop
12-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Likewise I don't get why you brag about always coming up short and NEVER winning a Conference Championship? :idk:

I dont get why anyone would willingly be a Jests fan. There are 31 other teams. People are allowed to change. Other fans wont think poorly of jumping ship. There is a difference from bandwagon fans who root for different teams every 8 years or so and someone who cant tolerate being a Jests fan anymore. I think other fans would understand. At least non phins, pats, bills, and giants fans. Those 4 teams' fans would not welcome a Jests fan who has had enough.

Vaark
12-21-2012, 06:02 PM
I dont get why anyone would willingly be a Jests fan. There are 31 other teams. People are allowed to change. Other fans wont think poorly of jumping ship. There is a difference from bandwagon fans who root for different teams every 8 years or so and someone who cant tolerate being a Jests fan anymore. I think other fans would understand. At least non phins, pats, bills, and giants fans. Those 4 teams' fans would not welcome a Jests fan who has had enough.

I don't believe Jacksonville ever won a Conference Championship. But then again they've only been competing since 1995, not since the more competitive merger. Aside from them and the Jest, any idea whether there any other teams which have never won a single post merger Conference Championship?

jetsattack
12-22-2012, 08:07 AM
I don't believe Jacksonville ever won a Conference Championship. But then again they've only been competing since 1995, not since the more competitive merger. Aside from them and the Jest, any idea whether there any other teams which have never won a single post merger Conference Championship?

the only way this works is becasue you have to put in the "post merger" clause. you're trying too hard.....especially given that the fins haven't won a superbowl in just about as long as the jets.

jetsattack
12-22-2012, 08:09 AM
I think he will as well, but it's by no means definite,

Right now I don't think anyone would take on that contract, but some desperate team may do ... this years draft is hardly blessed with talent at the QB position. I don't think any of the QB's in the draft are worth a top 5 pick and there are at least 5 or 6 teams that should be looking to bring in a new guy. Out of interest who do you want the Jets to bring in to compete with Sanchez this pre season (be it via the draft or FA)?

this on is difficult as i have no idea how our front office is going to go about creating cap room for us to do anything as of yet but alex smith would be on ename to consider. if ron mexico comes to the jets i will not root for them until he is gone

Scotty P
12-22-2012, 10:29 AM
LOL and I have a boat I want to sell you buit you have to pick it up off the coast of Italy.

Classic!! Well said...

Vaark
12-22-2012, 01:51 PM
the only way this works is becasue you have to put in the "post merger" clause. you're trying too hard.....especially given that the fins haven't won a superbowl in just about as long as the jets.

Maybe I should have put in "conference championship* = winning at least 3 post season games in a league where results come from better comparable players compete to win titles where talent has not been diluted." Ya think?

But riddle me this Batman: how come jets fans are so eager to point out the times they actually made it to the conference championships before losing.. yet don't wanna acknowledge that the Fins made the SB in the competitive post merger era 5X vs none for the jets? :idk:

FinfanInBuffalo
12-22-2012, 03:25 PM

Cleveland, Detroit, Texans, Jacksonville, KC, & NYJ have not been to the SB since the merger

cltchperf
12-23-2012, 03:12 AM

no, more like if miami finishes with a better record this season. He'll then switch it up about how its pointless or stupid for miami to finish out with meaningless wins and have worse pick in the draft and the jets have a better draft pick now. He'll find something to twist in his favor, as delusional as it is.

nyjunc
12-24-2012, 09:19 AM

we did have injuries but we still should have finished w/ a better record. I'll tip my cap if you guys hold on and stay ahead of us. It's meaningles either way as neither team has a chance for postseason but congrats to finishing ahead of us if you win and/or we lose.

FinfanInBuffalo
12-24-2012, 10:22 AM
we did have injuries but we still should have finished w/ a better record. I'll tip my cap if you guys hold on and stay ahead of us. It's meaningles either way as neither team has a chance for postseason but congrats to finishing ahead of us if you win and/or we lose.

Are you ready to admit that Sanchez is a bust and you were wrong?

SpurzN703
12-24-2012, 11:18 AM

Now it's meaningless if the Dolphins finish ahead of the Jets. Well that explains why you were bragging that the Jets were in 2nd place before Sunday.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Try back in 5 years for that

MadDog 88
12-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Junc is the only person who doesn't see the Dolphins future is far brighter then the Jets. Even his peers on TGG recognize this fact.

nyjunc
12-24-2012, 12:42 PM

You can't be a bust having helped your team reach 2 title games and no I am not ready to admit anything other than he was horrible this season. Where I was wrong was thinking he'd take that next step after a very good 2010 season but I'm not giving up on him.

Now it's meaningless if the Dolphins finish ahead of the Jets. Well that explains why you were bragging that the Jets were in 2nd place before Sunday.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Try back in 5 years for that

at no point was I bragging, just stating a fact(at the time) that we were still ahead of you despite all your praise of the great dolphins and bashing of the crappy Jets.

Junc is the only person who doesn't see the Dolphins future is far brighter then the Jets. Even his peers on TGG recognize this fact.

I've been here almost 10 years and EVERY season I hear how your future is so much brighter than ours, I'll believe it when I see it.

tylerdolphin
12-24-2012, 01:02 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/12/24995-1.jpg

That soulless ginger mother****er is the best QB on your roster junc. Just sit and marinate on that for a minute.

Daytona Fin
12-24-2012, 01:14 PM
I've been here almost 10 years and EVERY season I hear how your future is so much brighter than ours, I'll believe it when I see it.

Open your eyes because it happened.

grogan12
12-24-2012, 01:15 PM
You can't be a bust having helped your team reach 2 title games and no I am not ready to admit anything other than he was horrible this season. Where I was wrong was thinking he'd take that next step after a very good 2010 season but I'm not giving up on him.

Letís be clear on this just so everyone can clearly understand what you're talking about, and just how delusional you really are.

Mark ďThe dirty TacoĒ Sanchez- 2010 QB stats:

Overall QB rating 27th in the League
Completion percentage 29th in the League
Yards per Attempt 26th in the League
Yards per game 25th in the League

Itís clear that you are beyond reason, but the reality is that the Taco was just a dream that you canít let go of. You wanted him to be the Jets Brady, or Manning and instead you got Tent Dilfer without the heart. Iím sure it sucks but pretending he was something doesnít change the fact that heís always been 2nd rate garbage.

Vaark
12-24-2012, 01:23 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/12/j6507c-1.jpg

at no point was I bragging, just stating a fact(at the time) that we were still ahead of you despite all your praise of the great dolphins and bashing of the crappy Jets.

You are the biggest homer on the most homeristic board - to a point where even they are ostracizing your delusional bull-headedness. You can spin all your BS all you want but the fact remains that Bill Polian, Marvin Lewis, and a choking kicker missing at least 2 of what were for him "chip shots" and the egregious scheduling committee in the league office helped backdoor you into the playoffs and beyond a helluva lot more than Sanchez and his 7-7 record including losing to a dead Atl team at home and before that 6 out of 7 games ever did. Hopefully Woody will feel the same way about The Buttfumbler, the Foot-sucker and the Bean-Counter as you do.

FinfanInBuffalo
12-24-2012, 02:39 PM

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

He was the #5 overall pick. He is done as the starter on the team that first gave up too much to draft him and then inexplicably gave him a ridiculous extension. He is a BUST.

SpurzN703
12-24-2012, 03:34 PM

There is no coincidence that now that the Jets are one game back and will probably finish one game back that it's now meaningless. Why wasn't it meaningless last week once the Jets were eliminated?

SpurzN703
12-24-2012, 03:39 PM

When will you stop lumping individual people with everyone else? I've always given the Jets praise when they made the playoffs. Now that they've been .500 and under .500 in consecutive years, it makes sense to be more critical of them.

nyjunc
12-27-2012, 09:58 AM
When will you stop lumping individual people with everyone else? I've always given the Jets praise when they made the playoffs. Now that they've been .500 and under .500 in consecutive years, it makes sense to be more critical of them.

Don't take everything personal, I am speaking of the majority of posters(or vocal minority).

jetsattack
12-31-2012, 10:03 AM

unless you have a tom brady or peyton manning or adrian peterson "future" in this league is only a couple of years and can change pretty easily season to season. 2013 won't be good for th ejets because there will be alot of changes and the cap situation sucks. but good management and coaching should have them competitive again by 2014. the dolphins 5-year plan thing woul dhave me pissed off if i were a fins fan. if your team is not in the playoffs next year and winning at least one of the games i'd be wanting change.

jetsattack
12-31-2012, 10:09 AM

wow dude. you are delusional. there is no way in hell you could possibly want to see mark sanchez start another game for the jets. if so then you are a complete masochist. how could you possibly try to argue sanchez is not a bust? he might not be ryan leaf or vernon gholston bust level but he is up there. idc if we made the post season with him. with a better qb we might have actually been in the superbowl one of those seasons.

DISCLAIMER: 99% of jets fans do not feel this way and think mark sanchez sucks

LordPicklewagon
12-31-2012, 10:13 AM
wow dude. you are delusional. there is no way in hell you could possibly want to see mark sanchez start another game for the jets. if so then you are a complete masochist. how could you possibly try to argue sanchez is not a bust? he might not be ryan leaf or vernon gholston bust level but he is up there. idc if we made the post season with him. with a better qb we might have actually been in the superbowl one of those seasons.

yeah we know. Juncs like that crazy uncle who everyone laughs at and doesn't take seriously. Most jets fans know Sanchez is a lost cause but a delusional few still detach from reality for our amusement.

grogan12
12-31-2012, 11:19 AM
yeah we know. Juncs like that crazy uncle who everyone laughs at and doesn't take seriously. Most jets fans know Sanchez is a lost cause but a delusional few still detach from reality for our amusement.

Itís actually got less to do with the Dirty Taco than it does with Junc himself. Juncs one of those physiologically damaged individuals that would rather drown, before admiting the boat is sinking. He had a dream that the Taco was going to be the Jets Tom Brady or Payton Manning, and now heíll create every excuse imaginable to avoid dealing with the fact that the Taco is second rate garbage. Itís just too much for a guy like Junc to admit to himself how wrong he was, sad really. :(

Vaark
12-31-2012, 11:28 AM
I thought I heard that the GM of the Saskatchewan RoughRiders is putting together an attractive package of a handful of Loonies and coupons good for a month of free poutines to bring The ButtFumbler in as their clipboard holder.

TheWalrus
12-31-2012, 11:34 AM

The Jets need a new GM. Is there some way for me to submit your name for consideration? :lol:

SpurzN703
12-31-2012, 11:44 AM

We know this about the 99% of Jets fans. Hell we've seen most of TGG talk **** about Junc being a homer. Now that's a milestone...

nyjunc
01-02-2013, 09:44 AM

I am not an average fan that blindly follows what the media and fantasy football tell us. Stevie Wonder could see mark Sanchez had no help. Watch the film, it's available. Tell me where he was supposed to succeed? did you see McElroy come in and do similar things? The difference was he took sacks instead of throwing INTs. we still lost, we had no healthy weapons for mark. kerley is a jnice 3rd/4th option, he was his #1 most of the year. he didn't have his 2 top guys and his security blanket most of the year. I want mark Sanchez as our starter week 1 but I want him w/ healthy, quality weapons to get the ball too.

Don't let the D off the hook b/c the O was so bad, the D was far from good despite rankings. We have some isuses to deal w/ but teams get good and bad in a hurry int his league. W/ good moves we'll be a playoff contender again WITH Mark Sanchez as our QB.

99% of Jet fans are idiots and it is a reason I am embarrassed to be associated w/ people like that. We have many smart fans but unfortunately the nitwit loudmoth fans who want everyuone fired b/c of one bad season outnumber the smart ones.

We know this about the 99% of Jets fans. Hell we've seen most of TGG talk **** about Junc being a homer. Now that's a milestone...

those quotes are from the jet fan versions of posters like vaark, those that do not understand the game. Most average fans don't understand the game. Those average fans would have wanted Eli off the Giants after 2006, Coughling fired after 2006, Bill Cowher fired in the late 90s, Bill Belichick fired after 2000, etc... I'm not an average fan like most of you guys. I understand sometimes it takes patience, teams have down years. if you don't have a Brady or Peyton your team usually goes up and down. Pitt has missed the same aount of postseasons as us in the last 4 years(w/ 2 less playoff wins), should they fire Tomlin? should they trade Ben? the elite one has now led his team to missing 3 of the last 4 postseasons, time to fire Coughlin again? time to trade Eli?

Flip Tanneflop
01-02-2013, 10:27 AM
I am not an average fan that blindly follows what the media and fantasy football tell us. Stevie Wonder could see mark Sanchez had no help. Watch the film, it's available. Tell me where he was supposed to succeed? did you see McElroy come in and do similar things? The difference was he took sacks instead of throwing INTs. we still lost, we had no healthy weapons for mark. kerley is a jnice 3rd/4th option, he was his #1 most of the year. he didn't have his 2 top guys and his security blanket most of the year. I want mark Sanchez as our starter week 1 but I want him w/ healthy, quality weapons to get the ball too.

Don't let the D off the hook b/c the O was so bad, the D was far from good despite rankings. We have some isuses to deal w/ but teams get good and bad in a hurry int his league. W/ good moves we'll be a playoff contender again WITH Mark Sanchez as our QB.

99% of Jet fans are idiots and it is a reason I am embarrassed to be associated w/ people like that. We have many smart fans but unfortunately the nitwit loudmoth fans who want everyuone fired b/c of one bad season outnumber the smart ones.

those quotes are from the jet fan versions of posters like vaark, those that do not understand the game. Most average fans don't understand the game. Those average fans would have wanted Eli off the Giants after 2006, Coughling fired after 2006, Bill Cowher fired in the late 90s, Bill Belichick fired after 2000, etc... I'm not an average fan like most of you guys. I understand sometimes it takes patience, teams have down years. if you don't have a Brady or Peyton your team usually goes up and down. Pitt has missed the same aount of postseasons as us in the last 4 years(w/ 2 less playoff wins), should they fire Tomlin? should they trade Ben? the elite one has now led his team to missing 3 of the last 4 postseasons, time to fire Coughlin again? time to trade Eli?

:bobdole:

Vaark
01-02-2013, 11:29 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/06/1zf42v-1.jpg

At this point junk would have at least a smidgeon of credibility if he owns up to being a troll, cause otherwise he's become a caricature of everyone's perception of a clueless delusional homer.

LordPicklewagon
01-02-2013, 11:33 AM

Seriously. I don't know what I laugh harder at. Mark Sanchez playing qb or juncs absolute blind devotion and delusional homerism. I loved the part about Sanchez leading the way. Pure hilarity.

nyjunc
01-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Seriously. I don't know what I laugh harder at. Mark Sanchez playing qb or juncs absolute blind devotion and delusional homerism. I loved the part about Sanchez leading the way. Pure hilarity.

the funniest part is you trying to discuss football.

TheWalrus
01-02-2013, 04:35 PM
the funniest part is you trying to discuss football.

You spelled "buttfumble" wrong. It's supposed to go after "funniest part".

LordPicklewagon
01-02-2013, 04:42 PM
And the 2012 Walter Mitty award goes to........

Ben Had
01-05-2013, 10:16 AM

WOW...your embarrassed to be around 99% of Jet fans. So you'r the only 1% of the smart ones?

nyjunc
01-07-2013, 09:52 AM
WOW...your embarrassed to be around 99% of Jet fans. So you'r the only 1% of the smart ones?

pretty much, that is exaggerated a bit. Maybe it's 90% idiots but I think that # is true for most football fans.

MadDog 88
01-07-2013, 10:41 AM
pretty much, that is exaggerated a bit. Maybe it's 90% idiots but I think that # is true for most football fans.

Funny how fans, analysts and former players are wrong and you are right. That's why I have grown tired of debating you and your unrealistic views.

nyjunc
01-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Funny how fans, analysts and former players are wrong and you are right. That's why I have grown tired of debating you and your unrealistic views.

that's ok, I don't like hoppoing on the bandwagon. These same fans and "experts" are on the rookie QB bandwagons this year, RGIII, Wilson & Luck look really, really good but things change. I don
't hop on and off bandwagons, if those guys take a step back next year I won't say they suck just like after 1 awful season from Mark I won't say he's done. Average fansa nd average, lazy media members see things on the surface. They don't dig for reasons, do you think haveing kerley, Schilens, Gates(who couldn't make your roster of wideouts), Cumberland and reuland are guys any QB can win w/? MAYBE Brady, MAYBE Peyton(in the reg season), who else? He was awful this year but I'm not a bandwagon guy and I know he can play in this league, I know you can win w/ him in this league and that's all I care about.

SpurzN703
01-07-2013, 11:14 AM

Ah so you're the Phil Jackson of TGG.com then huh? I bet they're thrilled to have a guy who isn't just the average nonsense spewing low IQ football fan but a guy who trusts his eyes. It's a very unique attribute.

nyjunc
01-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Ah so you're the Phil Jackson of TGG.com then huh? I bet they're thrilled to have a guy who isn't just the average nonsense spewing low IQ football fan but a guy who trusts his eyes. It's a very unique attribute.

I don't care if anyone is thrilled or not, I try to help people but too many just follow fantasy stat sheets or "experts" that barely watch the games.

Vaark
01-07-2013, 12:01 PM
It's funny how schizoids believe everyone's crazy but them, isn't it? As I've said before, of all the blind "everything that's jests" homers in the world, and even on the most delusional homeristic site, how did we ever end up with the densest, homer of them all?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/05/xngtxt-1.jpg

FWIW, since there is no specific "Blindest Homer" voting category, I may be cutting my own throat, but Ted's labeling his posts as "comedy gold" got me thinking and I did nominate junk for consideration as the "Most Comedic"

tylerdolphin
01-07-2013, 12:09 PM
I don't care if anyone is thrilled or not, I try to help people but too many just follow fantasy stat sheets or "experts" that barely watch the games.

Fantasy stats - Any stat that makes Sanchez look like the **** QB he is.

Real stats - I dunno. Something about 2 AFCCG appearances.

nyjunc
01-07-2013, 12:14 PM
how in the world vaark discusses anyone else being a homer is beyond me. You can't be a bigger homer than him and yet he calls other people homers. Just amazing.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Fantasy stats - Any stat that makes Sanchez look like the **** QB he is.

Real stats - I dunno. Something about 2 AFCCG appearances.

have you ever seen Tony Romo play in January?

tylerdolphin
01-07-2013, 12:16 PM
how in the world vaark discusses anyone else being a homer is beyond me. You can't be a bigger homer than him and yet he calls other people homers. Just amazing.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

have you ever seen Tony Romo play in January?

Yes. You see me defending him?

Vaark
01-07-2013, 12:17 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/03/2dl10f7-1.jpg

SpurzN703
01-07-2013, 12:25 PM
It's funny how schizoids believe everyone's crazy but them, isn't it? As I've said before, of all the blind "everything that's jests" homers in the world, and even on the most delusional homeristic site, how did we ever end up with the densest, homer of them all?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/05/xngtxt-1.jpg

FWIW, since there is no specific "Blindest Homer" voting category, I may be cutting my own throat, but Ted's labeling his posts as "comedy gold" got me thinking and I did nominate junk for consideration as the "Most Comedic"

Well hey when you trust your eyes and everyone else is an uninformed fool, what can ya do?

nyjunc
01-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Well hey when you trust your eyes and everyone else is an uninformed fool, what can ya do?

I'm not a typical fan like most on these boards, I'm sorry if that offends you guys. keep allowing espn to tell you how to think.

Vaark
01-07-2013, 12:52 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/10elips-1.jpg
I'm not a typical fan like most on these boards, I'm sorry if that offends you guys. keep allowing espn to tell you how to think.

Ditto, you and those lonely yet comforting voices in your head.

tylerdolphin
01-07-2013, 01:12 PM

So if we think that a QB that ranks poorly throughout his career in almost every statistical category isnt a good QB, we are ESPN sheep? Seems reasonable.

jetsattack
01-07-2013, 01:17 PM
hey nyjunc this is easy. just type "alright guys i admit i was wrong. sanchez sucks. i know i've spent an inordinate amount of time and energy defending him, but the gig is up."

right now you sound like roger clemens adamantly denying his steroid use when everyone knows he's full of ****.

nyjunc
01-07-2013, 02:34 PM
So if we think that a QB that ranks poorly throughout his career in almost every statistical category isnt a good QB, we are ESPN sheep? Seems reasonable.

he was awful this year, he wasn't awful the first 3 years and was top 10 good in 2010. You don't win as much as the Jets did in '09 and '10 w/ poor QB play, you don't win 4 road playoff games w/ poor QB play.

hey nyjunc this is easy. just type "alright guys i admit i was wrong. sanchez sucks. i know i've spent an inordinate amount of time and energy defending him, but the gig is up."

right now you sound like roger clemens adamantly denying his steroid use when everyone knows he's full of ****.

I can always admit the rare times I am wrong. He sucked this year, I have said that over and over but there are valid reasons. Some on him, some not. No QB is having success w/ the healthy weapons he had this year. You can be a typical, whiny Jet fan and want everyone fired at the first hint of trouble or you can be an edcuated fan and realize teams and players have bad years, it doesn't mean you give up on them especially when this QB is still young and helped us to 2 title games. He has double the amount of playoff wins of any QB in Jets history and he's only played 4 years but we should get rid of him b/c whiny Jet fans want to clean house every 3-4 years. Got it.

tylerdolphin
01-07-2013, 03:08 PM
he was awful this year, he wasn't awful the first 3 years and was top 10 good in 2010. You don't win as much as the Jets did in '09 and '10 w/ poor QB play, you don't win 4 road playoff games w/ poor QB play.

Sanchez was the #50 QB in QB rating that year. Yes, QB rating isnt the end all be all and it has variables, but when a QB cant crack the top 40 at QB in that stat for the year its safe to say they arent top 10. He had a nice run in the playoffs that year. He played well. But how can you be delusional enough to take a few games and use them as just cause to justify ineptitude over the majority of his career? The running game and defense drug Sanchez into the playoff kicking and screaming in '10.

tylerdolphin
01-07-2013, 03:19 PM
I can always admit the rare times I am wrong. He sucked this year, I have said that over and over but there are valid reasons. Some on him, some not. No QB is having success w/ the healthy weapons he had this year. You can be a typical, whiny Jet fan and want everyone fired at the first hint of trouble or you can be an edcuated fan and realize teams and players have bad years, it doesn't mean you give up on them especially when this QB is still young and helped us to 2 title games. He has double the amount of playoff wins of any QB in Jets history and he's only played 4 years but we should get rid of him b/c whiny Jet fans want to clean house every 3-4 years. Got it.

You can never admit being wrong. You kinda sorta do sometimes, but not really. Your concessions of being wrong go something like this:

Yeah, Mark Sanchez sucked this year BUT (long diatribe about how it wasnt really Sanchez' fault and that he wouldnt have actually sucked without x happening, so junc is actually not really wrong)

Yeah, the Jets sucked this year BUT (blah blah blah injuries made it impossible to win, who couldve seen it coming so junc is still not really wrong, just the Jets were unlucky)

Yeah, the Dolphins sucked a little less than the Jets this year BUT (ah **** it you get the picture)

Oh and BTW, Tanehill had a serious lack of weapons as well. No ass fumble to be found on his film. Im feeling kinda smug about that.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/smugdog-1.jpg

DisturbedShifty
01-07-2013, 03:21 PM
The '02 Buccs are a great example of what a great defense, mediocre quarterback and good running game can do.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

nyjunc
01-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Sanchez was the #50 QB in QB rating that year. Yes, QB rating isnt the end all be all and it has variables, but when a QB cant crack the top 40 at QB in that stat for the year its safe to say they arent top 10. He had a nice run in the playoffs that year. He played well. But how can you be delusional enough to take a few games and use them as just cause to justify ineptitude over the majority of his career? The running game and defense drug Sanchez into the playoff kicking and screaming in '10.

It's a good thing we understand this game better than to evaluate based on QB ratings.

The '02 Buccs are a great example of what a great defense, mediocre quarterback and good running game can do.

It's a great example of the average fan having no idea what they are watching. Brad Johnson was vital to that run. obviously they won w/ D first but you need more than just great defense to win or teams like TB, Chi of the 80s, Bal of the 00s would be more than one hit wonders.

that good TB run game in 2002? top 2 backs(Pittman & Alstott) averaged 3.6 YPC. In postseason:

div rd vs. SF: 2.9 YPC
NFC Championship: 1.7 YPC
SB: 3.6 YPC

yep, clearly the run game carried them.

tylerdolphin
01-07-2013, 03:36 PM
It's a good thing we understand this game better than to evaluate based on QB ratings.

I dont understand based on QB rating. All Im saying is that if a QB is 50th in it, he probably isnt a top 10 QB.

You can take the guy ranked #20 and make a case about how QB rating underestimated this or overvalued that and he is really a top 10 QB. Quite possible. When we start talking about #50...come on junc :lol:

phins_4_ever
01-07-2013, 03:40 PM

It's a great example of the average fan having no idea what they are watching. Brad Johnson was vital to that run. obviously they won w/ D first but you need more than just great defense to win or teams like TB, Chi of the 80s, Bal of the 00s would be more than one hit wonders.

that good TB run game in 2002? top 2 backs(Pittman & Alstott) averaged 3.6 YPC. In postseason:

div rd vs. SF: 2.9 YPC
NFC Championship: 1.7 YPC
SB: 3.6 YPC

yep, clearly the run game carried them.

In one, single post you dismiss stats but then use stats to make a case?

Vaark
01-07-2013, 03:51 PM
In that egregious 09 scheduling cluster**** that gave the mediocre 7-7 jest a playoff entree through the service entrance, not only was Buttchez a passenger, not the driver of that ride, but for most of it he was sitting in the rear seat (but to his credit, objectively speaking, I'd rank him as a top 32 QB that season) :idk:

nyjunc
01-07-2013, 04:12 PM
I dont understand based on QB rating. All Im saying is that if a QB is 50th in it, he probably isnt a top 10 QB.

You can take the guy ranked #20 and make a case about how QB rating underestimated this or overvalued that and he is really a top 10 QB. Quite possible. When we start talking about #50...come on junc :lol:

first off he wasn't 50th in QB rating, he was 27th in passer rating in 2010 and he was better than most of the 26 QBs ahead of him that year in rating.

In one, single post you dismiss stats but then use stats to make a case?

I don't solely use stats, stats are used as a guage. Stats are best used in context, simply throwing out QB ratings doesn't tell us anything but when a team averages 2 YPC in postseason that tells us something.

SpurzN703
01-07-2013, 04:15 PM

I don't watch ESPN nor do I go to their site for anything so try again.

SpurzN703
01-07-2013, 04:18 PM
I can always admit the rare times I am wrong. He sucked this year, I have said that over and over but there are valid reasons. Some on him, some not. No QB is having success w/ the healthy weapons he had this year. You can be a typical, whiny Jet fan and want everyone fired at the first hint of trouble or you can be an edcuated fan and realize teams and players have bad years, it doesn't mean you give up on them especially when this QB is still young and helped us to 2 title games.

Since when do elite teams have bad years?

He has double the amount of playoff wins of any QB in Jets history and he's only played 4 years but we should get rid of him b/c whiny Jet fans want to clean house every 3-4 years. Got it.

10 years from now if he's even in the league and on the Jets roster you'd still be spewing out the bull**** about the two title games 3 and 4 years ago.

tylerdolphin
01-07-2013, 04:22 PM
first off he wasn't 50th in QB rating, he was 27th in passer rating in 2010 and he was better than most of the 26 QBs ahead of him that year in rating.

50th was pretty obviously intentional hyperbole on my part as you need to include every QB to get 50+ qualifiers. Still, find me another QB in NFL history that was 25th or lower in QB rating who you could consider top 10. You cant. It doesnt happen. He had a good few games in the playoffs but he was average at best in the regular season.

nyjunc
01-07-2013, 04:32 PM
50th was pretty obviously intentional hyperbole on my part as you need to include every QB to get 50+ qualifiers. Still, find me another QB in NFL history that was 25th or lower in QB rating who you could consider top 10. You cant. It doesnt happen. He had a good few games in the playoffs but he was average at best in the regular season.

Mark was making plays to win, he wasn't padding stats like may of the QBs. he led us back late 4-5-6 times that year. he was very good, it's hard to see in the #s, it's not hard if you actually watched every snap. He did have games where he stunk too but he played really well most of the year and was vital to the jets being one of the best teams in the league.

LordPicklewagon
01-07-2013, 04:33 PM

after his comment regarding my sig, you should realize that hyperbole is a foreign concept to him. The narrowest of minds usually can only interpret things in the most literal of ways

nyjunc
01-07-2013, 04:36 PM
after his comment regarding my sig, you should realize that hyperbole is a foreign concept to him. The narrowest of minds usually can only interpret things in the most literal of ways

why do you always deflect from your lack of knowledge?

tylerdolphin
01-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Mark was making plays to win, he wasn't padding stats like may of the QBs. he led us back late 4-5-6 times that year. he was very good, it's hard to see in the #s, it's not hard if you actually watched every snap. He did have games where he stunk too but he played really well most of the year and was vital to the jets being one of the best teams in the league.

QBs that make just enough plays to win close, low scoring games while playing with great defenses dont tend to replicate the "clutch" they appeared to have. Basically what youre saying is that if Sanchez performed exactly the same, but the defense was worse, then Sanchez would be performing worse since it wouldnt be just enough to win anymore. It makes no sense because a QBs performance shouldnt be seen through the success of a defense.

LordPicklewagon
01-07-2013, 05:00 PM
why do you always deflect from your lack of knowledge?

Im fully cognisant in terms of my knowledge in most things. Im also aware that there are a number of posters here who know much more about the game than i do. And do you know whats the crazy thing? When they post i read and try to learn from what they write. If i dont fully understand it or want them to expound, i ask them questions and actually pay attention to their response. I recognize that others have more knowledge than me, I value their opinion on things and i try to learn from them. Hence why i dont have an opinion on every single facet of the game. When i do offer my opinion on something, its usually only because i feel that i know enough about it to offer a valid opinion.

You on the other hand are the antithesis to what i try to be. You show very little knowledge but act like you know it all and have nothing to learn. You never ask questions, you proclaim your opinions as facts, you show no desire to want to learn and you have an opinion on everything. You are the worst kind of fan. The one who shows very little knowledge but thinks he knows it all. The one has no use for others opinions but only wants to shout his own. The one who thinks he has nothing to learn when the reality is the opposite. Your closemindedness and inflexible viewpoints show in every post. I just hope that this mentality only dwells in regards to football but i doubt it.

nyjunc
01-07-2013, 05:19 PM
QBs that make just enough plays to win close, low scoring games while playing with great defenses dont tend to replicate the "clutch" they appeared to have. Basically what youre saying is that if Sanchez performed exactly the same, but the defense was worse, then Sanchez would be performing worse since it wouldnt be just enough to win anymore. It makes no sense because a QBs performance shouldnt be seen through the success of a defense.

our D has been pretty close to 2010 so why have we dropped off so much if that is the case? People bashing Sanchez act like our D was the '85 Bears. Our Ds were good and at times very good but never great so how can you win w/ a non great D and bad QB?

tylerdolphin
01-07-2013, 05:26 PM
our D has been pretty close to 2010 so why have we dropped off so much if that is the case? People bashing Sanchez act like our D was the '85 Bears. Our Ds were good and at times very good but never great so how can you win w/ a non great D and bad QB?

How do you explain Sanchez putting out essentially the same production (below average in ever statistical category pretty much) yet he somehow won enough to reach the playoffs in some of these years but didnt in others? My theory is that Sanchez was never really "clutch" and just happened to have some nice games in playoff games and got carried to the playoffs by the teams he played on.

nyjunc
01-07-2013, 05:40 PM
How do you explain Sanchez putting out essentially the same production (below average in ever statistical category pretty much) yet he somehow won enough to reach the playoffs in some of these years but didnt in others? My theory is that Sanchez was never really "clutch" and just happened to have some nice games in playoff games and got carried to the playoffs by the teams he played on.

actually his #s were better in 2011 but thsi year he was worse than his rookie year. he was consistently bad, in '09 he had 3-4 brutal games that skewed his #s but he was good most of the year.

The biggest reason we didn't make a run was b/c of the healthy talent around sanchez. We didn't have a dynamic personnel group entering the season but it was decent.

projected entering 2012:

1. Holmes
2. Keller
3. Kerley
4. Hill
5. Schilens

what we actually had for most of the year:

1. Kerley
2. Schilens
3. Gates
4. Cumberland
5. Rueland

that is a bad group. I really like kerely but as a 3rd or option not #1.

tylerdolphin
01-07-2013, 05:50 PM
"People who dont get it dont get the fact that they dont get it" - TedSlimm

nyjunc
01-07-2013, 06:03 PM
"People who dont get it dont get the fact that they dont get it" - TedSlimm

I agree, many folks on here should read this quote.

tylerdolphin
01-07-2013, 06:32 PM
I agree, many folks on here should read this quote.

On here? According to you, damn near 99% of the world's population doesnt really get the Jets and Sanchez.

CattailsrEdible
01-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Stick to your guns junc! I hate the jets, but admire a true fan!

Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me

teemu7
01-07-2013, 07:54 PM
This guy is a ****ing moron. I'm more than an average fan? Sorry if that offends you? Wtf is wrong with you dude, do you honestly believe that you know more about this then everyone else? When Rex benched him was that bc he was an Espn sheep as well?

cltchperf
01-09-2013, 03:35 AM
Im fully cognisant in terms of my knowledge in most things. Im also aware that there are a number of posters here who know much more about the game than i do. And do you know whats the crazy thing? When they post i read and try to learn from what they write. If i dont fully understand it or want them to expound, i ask them questions and actually pay attention to their response. I recognize that others have more knowledge than me, I value their opinion on things and i try to learn from them. Hence why i dont have an opinion on every single facet of the game. When i do offer my opinion on something, its usually only because i feel that i know enough about it to offer a valid opinion.

You on the other hand are the antithesis to what i try to be. You show very little knowledge but act like you know it all and have nothing to learn. You never ask questions, you proclaim your opinions as facts, you show no desire to want to learn and you have an opinion on everything. You are the worst kind of fan. The one who shows very little knowledge but thinks he knows it all. The one has no use for others opinions but only wants to shout his own. The one who thinks he has nothing to learn when the reality is the opposite. Your closemindedness and inflexible viewpoints show in every post. I just hope that this mentality only dwells in regards to football but i doubt it.

Don't worry, people closed minded like that, really stubborn and act like they know more than everybody else even though they don't look from other perspectives othat that their own selective points are just insecure. I don't hate people like that anymore, but just pity.

nyjunc
01-09-2013, 09:34 AM
Don't worry, people closed minded like that, really stubborn and act like they know more than everybody else even though they don't look from other perspectives othat that their own selective points are just insecure. I don't hate people like that anymore, but just pity.

haha, you are describing all the anti-junc fans on here. The problem is that none of you guys actually read what I post, you take bits and pieces and twist everything I write. If you actually read the info and absorbed it we wouldn't have any of these issues.

cltchperf
01-10-2013, 01:09 AM
haha, you are describing all the anti-junc fans on here. The problem is that none of you guys actually read what I post, you take bits and pieces and twist everything I write. If you actually read the info and absorbed it we wouldn't have any of these issues.

nah..i've debated with you and you rehash same arguments and leave out things and twist and selectively pick stats, but ignore others that would counter or prove against your theories or supposed facts.

DisturbedShifty
01-10-2013, 02:57 AM
nah..i've debated with you and you rehash same arguments and leave out things and twist and selectively pick stats, but ignore others that would counter or prove against your theories or supposed facts.

Hence the reason he is the spinmeister

nyjunc
01-10-2013, 10:32 AM

I never ignore anything.

I wouldn't read too much into that, that was a gift from one of the leadt knowledgeable posters on the site.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

I never ignore anything.

I wouldn't read too much into that, that was a gift from one of the least knowledgeable posters on the site.

Vaark
01-10-2013, 11:52 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/kd0jyv-1.jpg
I never ignore anything.

I wouldn't read too much into that, that was a gift from one of the leadt knowledgeable posters on the site.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

I never ignore anything.

I wouldn't read too much into that, that was a gift from one of the least knowledgeable posters on the site.

That's precious - being called one of the least knowledgeable members on FH by the absolute biggest homer on both FH and TGG with a credibility level below Baghdad Bob's! You can't make this **** up.

For the record, yes I designed the badge, and changed it from "spin master" as the admins requested who approached me - not vice versa, to "spin meister" which seemed to depict the reality better. So much for your delusion that most anyone here values your presence as anything other than the court jester and **** stirrer - you know like the proverbial wrestling villain who ends up never winning! I'm just surprised you didn't whine that time about removing it - or maybe you did.

In terms of being il-informed:
Who claimed they wouldn't trade 2 first round picks for Buttchez vs who said he couldn't start on 30 of the 32 teams?

Who said they wouldn't trade Sanchez for any starting QBs excepting the top 5 vs who laughed his azz off hearing that. :idk:

Who said Rex is a great HC vs who said he's in over his head, will sooner or later revert to inbred "Buddyism" and that Ozzie Newsome knew what he was doing by hiring a position coach from outside risking losing a good DC (who really never developed his own Ravens defenders he inherited)

Who called the Jets "elite" vs who pointed out that they couldnt even close the deal at home in 09 vs a dead Atlanta and Indy scoring 24 unanswered points when the starters were in drove the point home that this was a 7-7 team that stepped in such **** that the league changed their scheduling policies immediately.

Who told you that Calvin Pace would not perform at the same level after his contract year in AZ (and is now gonna be thrown out with the trash)

Who claimed that The Meatball had success calling plays for Dallas vs who told you that 2/3rds of the yardage was due to Todd Haley's receivers and designed passing schemes? And that Tony would fail miserably?

Who kept sticking up for Woody Johnson, making fun of the Fins minority owners vs who told you that Woody was a joke as a father, a trust fund baby who never worked an honest day in his life, and owner, less interested in winning than in selling PSL's and wrestling back page headlines from their big brother, the Giants (even before he forced them to sign Teblow)

Oh **** I could go on and on but anyone here who reads your garbage about Eli not being elite, and the Jets ever being elite, let alone into 2011 on a bull**** residual effect knows you're a delusional joke of a homer. Suffice it to say, if it involves the jest, from your vantage point they can do no wrong.

nyjunc
01-10-2013, 12:01 PM
haha, vaark calling someone a homer.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/www_animatedanimation_de_smiley_3d_gifs_-1.gif

nyjunc
01-10-2013, 12:07 PM

That's precious - being called one of the least knowledgeable members on FH by the absolute biggest homer on both FH and TGG with a credibility level below Baghdad Bob's! You can't make this **** up.

For the record, yes I designed the badge, and changed it from "spin master" as the admins requested who approached me - not vice versa, to "spin meister" which seemed to depict the reality better. So much for your delusion that most anyone here values your presence as anything other than the court jester and **** stirrer - you know like the proverbial wrestling villain who ends up never winning! I'm just surprised you didn't whine that time about removing it - or maybe you did.

In terms of being il-informed:
Who claimed they wouldn't trade 2 first round picks for Buttchez vs who said he couldn't start on 30 of the 32 teams?

Who said they wouldn't trade Sanchez for any starting QBs excepting the top 5 vs who laughed his azz off hearing that. :idk:

Who said Rex is a great HC vs who said he's in over his head, will sooner or later revert to inbred "Buddyism" and that Ozzie Newsome knew what he was doing by hiring a position coach from outside risking losing a good DC (who really never developed his own Ravens defenders he inherited)

Who called the Jets "elite" vs who pointed out that they couldnt even close the deal at home in 09 vs a dead Atlanta and Indy scoring 24 unanswered points when the starters were in drove the point home that this was a 7-7 team that stepped in such **** that the league changed their scheduling policies immediately.

Who told you that Calvin Pace would not perform at the same level after his contract year in AZ (and is now gonna be thrown out with the trash)

Who claimed that The Meatball had success calling plays for Dallas vs who told you that 2/3rds of the yardage was due to Todd Haley's receivers and designed passing schemes? And that Tony would fail miserably?

Who kept sticking up for Woody Johnson, making fun of the Fins minority owners vs who told you that Woody was a joke as a father, a trust fund baby who never worked an honest day in his life, and owner, less interested in winning than in selling PSL's and wrestling back page headlines from their big brother, the Giants (even before he forced them to sign Teblow)

Oh **** I could go on and on but anyone here who reads your garbage about Eli not being elite, and the Jets ever being elite, let alone into 2011 on a bull**** residual effect knows you're a delusional joke of a homer. Suffice it to say, if it involves the jest, from your vantage point they can do no wrong.

Mark would have started on half the teams in the league prior to his showing this year where his weapons were kerley, Schilens, gates, Cumberland, reuland. Sanchez also has the most title game apps since 2009 and that can only be tied this year if NE, Bal or GB win this weekend.

Rex is a great HC, despite all the uinjuries and problems on O he had us in the playoff race in December.

The Jets were elite, the only team from '09-'11 who made 2 title games and they won the most playoff games in the league.

Calvin pace played very well for us, better than he evre played in AZ(there's more to the game than just sakcs).

The meatball didn't have a chance and I never said he's be great, I told you all summer I had no idea how good he would do but I pointed out a fact that the year he called plays his O was top 5.

Woody as an owner has had one of the top teams in the AFC, your owner has yet to see a playoff win.

this is funny coming from the guy who said rex would never win a playoff game b/c his father never won a playoff game and that other Bal Dcs never succeeded despite marvin lewis succeeding in Cincy.
the same guy who said mark would never succeed b/c other USC QBs
the same guy who told me how great Tony Sparano was
the same guy who told me how great Chad henne was
the same guy who tells me every year how great Miami will be and how the Jets will suck

yep, you sure do know your football:lol:

Vaark
01-10-2013, 12:07 PM
Don't forget "the puke-green tinted Baghdad Bob" also. I know, reality bites. But what's even funnier is that you're clueless most everyone here on FH and now most of your TGG brethren consider you a delusional homer.l

nyjunc
01-10-2013, 12:12 PM
that's awesome that the legion of average fans that don't understand this game bash me, ever notice the folks that do know this game never seem to have a problem w/ me?

cbreeden
01-10-2013, 12:48 PM
that's awesome that the legion of average fans that don't understand this game bash me, ever notice the folks that do know this game never seem to have a problem w/ me?

Those of us who do know the game call you out on you BS and the ones that don't, ignore you all together.

Vaark
01-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Mark would have started on half the teams in the league prior to his showing this year where his weapons were kerley, Schilens, gates, Cumberland, reuland. Sanchez also has the most title game apps since 2009 and that can only be tied this year if NE, Bal or GB win this weekend.

Dilfer and Williams won the Superbowl, Grossman actually got there. Do you want any of these guys who actually accomplished more than Buttchez's 2 conference game failures? Worst QB in the league since JaMarcus Russell - but hey at least the jest didn't waste the first pick so there's that.

Rex is a great HC, despite all the uinjuries and problems on O he had us in the playoff race in December.

Rex is in over his head, Ozzie Newsome, the guy who knew him best is a great GM who'd rather risk losing a better than avg DC than turning his team over to a loose canon.

The Jets were elite, the only team from '09-'11 who made 2 title games and they won the most playoff games in the league.

The jets were good in '10. Lucky in 09 and mediocre in 11. If that's "elite" then I've got a shiny bridge i am gonna give you a great offer to buy on a one time deal.

Calvin pace played very well for us, better than he evre played in AZ(there's more to the game than just sakcs).

No, I told you my buddy has 50 yard line seats in Glendale for years and has called ever Cardinal correctly that entered FA. Said that Pace never played so well as he did in his contract year. I believe he's about to be dumped, eh? He also said that our Marshall sucked as a CB was a good nickel and that Dansby and Rolle were big losses. Unlike you, he knows what he's talking about.

The meatball didn't have a chance and I never said he's be great, I told you all summer I had no idea how good he would do but I pointed out a fact that the year he called plays his O was top 5.

The Meatball was too dumb to have a chance for On Job Training. And didn't Rex say he was just like him, when he hired him? What does that tell you about The wife-pimping toe sucker?

Woody as an owner has had one of the top teams in the AFC, your owner has yet to see a playoff win.

I believe Woody has a .500 record since purchasing the team. So much for one of the better teams, eh? Especially considering the Jest are 10-15 over the last 25 games, if you wanna think Woody produces winners or that Rex isn't on the Rich Kotite downward career trajectory, you're drunk on homerade.

this is funny coming from the guy who said rex would never win a playoff game b/c his father never won a playoff game and that other Bal Dcs never succeeded despite marvin lewis succeeding in Cincy.

I was wrong - but only in 2010. He should never have made the playoffs in '09 so that's moot. But with all the classless **** he's pulled, being oblivious to clubhouse implosions for several years, sticking the Buttchez and losing 15 out of the last 25 games, I also said he's on the Rich Kotite career bubble and that's turning out to be true.

the same guy who said mark would never succeed b/c other USC QBs

And he hasn't .. he's been the worst starting QB in the league since Jamarcus. Henne could and would have done better
the same guy who told me how great Tony Sparano was

only year 1 and 2 - before i changed my tune, unlike you who's still extolling Rex's praises over the last 2 bed-crapping seasons.. and then you started extolling Tony's praises as an OC which everyone here told you was rubbish, so what does that make you?

the same guy who told me how great Chad henne was

and now you're using the same excuses for Buttchez that you scoffed at for Henne including porous OL, no offensive help, etc. Henne's not great but most jet fans at this point would take him in a ny minute of The Buttfumbler
the same guy who tells me every year how great Miami will be and how the Jets will suck

that's true.. the fins have sucked too and the jets had one good legitimate year where they actually earned anything in the last 5

yep, you sure do know your football:lol:

What I don't know, at least I don't know; I am not an OCD flatworld type, homeristic troll who knows very little despite his inferiority-complex rooted delusions otherwise. :idk:

DisturbedShifty
01-10-2013, 12:55 PM

No. They chose to ignore you. Which I am seriously considering since you have resulted to insulting everyone on here by calling us average fans. And yes you are insulting us. You're just doing it without using curse words.

nyjunc
01-10-2013, 01:04 PM
No. They chose to ignore you. Which I am seriously considering since you have resulted to insulting everyone on here by calling us average fans. And yes you are insulting us. You're just doing it without using curse words.

if you take that as an insult that's on you, I think there are much worse things someone can be called in life but I am sorry if the truth hurts.

DisturbedShifty
01-10-2013, 06:55 PM
if you take that as an insult that's on you, I think there are much worse things someone can be called in life but I am sorry if the truth hurts.
It's the fact that you are implying that you are BETTER than anyone here. Is there a chance I am an average fan? Sure, but that all depends on your definition of average. But that gives you no right to come on here, or even on the TGG, and talk down to anyone else just because we don't meet YOUR OPINION of what a fan should be. And again, that IS what you are doing.

cltchperf
01-10-2013, 11:15 PM
It's the fact that you are implying that you are BETTER than anyone here. Is there a chance I am an average fan? Sure, but that all depends on your definition of average. But that gives you no right to come on here, or even on the TGG, and talk down to anyone else just because we don't meet YOUR OPINION of what a fan should be. And again, that IS what you are doing.

Yep he is an arrogant one. I would say it's simply a superiority complex and something to just ignore or shrug your shoulders too. Delusional people like him, have to talk down on others to obviously feel better about themselves. I wouldn't be bothered too much by what he says even if it's condescending at times, as when you see posts like his...it just becomes amusing to see or take it like a grain of salt. And yes I am Dr. Phil, secretly or well not secrectly anymore on finheaven here

phins_4_ever
01-11-2013, 12:26 AM

That's quite a condescending statement.
To be honest you are probably the last fan who should put himself above others. 90% of your argumentation is based on 'what if...".
- what if the Jets wouldn't have injuries
- what if the Jets D would have played better in 09 and 10
- what if .....
- what if.....

Only below average fans live by so many what ifs as you do. You have very little to contribute in the category 'football knowledge'. It is one thing if you are being labeled a troll on a rivals messageboard but there is one thing Jets fans and Dolfans have in common: both fan groups think that you are full of horse doo-doo. That should make you think.

Ben Had
01-11-2013, 08:09 AM
He does the same crap over on TGG...many have him on ignore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjunc
so our O would have been much better if we had a better playcaller? it was all playcalling not lack of talent? not a pass O that saw Kerley, Schilens, Gates, Cumberland, reuland as our main options most of the year

The playcalling was worse this year but it wasn't why we sucked.

I find it pretty comical that you think everything that went wrong with the Jets was the fans fault, none of it was Ryan's fault, the coaches were all good but had nothing to work with, and that anyone who disagrees with you is whiny and unknowledgeable.

nyjunc
01-11-2013, 09:40 AM

I don't imply anything, that's the way you takr it. The few folks who know more than I do on here I don't think are better than me. It doesn't make me a better person b/c I understand the game better than most average fans.

He does the same crap over on TGG...many have him on ignore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjunc
so our O would have been much better if we had a better playcaller? it was all playcalling not lack of talent? not a pass O that saw Kerley, Schilens, Gates, Cumberland, reuland as our main options most of the year

The playcalling was worse this year but it wasn't why we sucked.

I find it pretty comical that you think everything that went wrong with the Jets was the fans fault, none of it was Ryan's fault, the coaches were all good but had nothing to work with, and that anyone who disagrees with you is whiny and unknowledgeable.

we have our share of typical, average fans too. fans that don't truly understand the game. Anyone that places all the blame on playcalling or even the majority on playcalling has no idea what they are watching.

Flip Tanneflop
01-11-2013, 10:15 AM
The Jests wish they could trade Sanchez and get a real QB. Unfortunately for them, no other NFL teams are ran by someone as delusional as Junc.

Vaark
01-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Too funny!

It doesn't matter how a seasonal mediocre and choking team gets into the playoffs so long as they win 2 games (not 3).

It doesn't matter that the team that allowed them to finish better than 8-8 providing a service entrance into the postseason confirmed their charity by humiliating them 24-zero in the final 31 minutes a couple of games later by playing all their starters all the game.

So in this case, whatever the means, including no divisional championships...so long as the ends equal an arbitrary 2 post season wins (not 3), that team qualifies as "elite."

BUT BUT BUT if a QB legitimately leads his team into the playoffs without any opponent laydowns, beats 3 post season opponents and actually wins not just the SB twice, but the SB MVP twice in 4 years, including 3 Divisional Championships along the way ... he's not "Elite." ????
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/crazy11_filesgifw53h55-1.jpg

Holy ****.. talk about your homeristic self-serving and delusional conveniently sliding scales. http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/crazy44gifw55h75-1.jpg

nyjunc
01-11-2013, 10:43 AM
so going 9-7 and winning a weak division where 2 games were decided by blown calls is legitimate? Your determination of legit is very curious, it's what I expect from a whiny, excuse maker like you.

The Giants team was elite, b/c they won 2 SBs does that mean every player is elite too? especially since they won w/ defense?

You really are a special guy

Flip Tanneflop
01-11-2013, 10:52 AM
so going 9-7 and winning a weak division where 2 games were decided by blown calls is legitimate? Your determination of legit is very curious, it's what I expect from a whiny, excuse maker like you.

The Giants team was elite, b/c they won 2 SBs does that mean every player is elite too? especially since they won w/ defense?

Won with defense....... :lol:

The defense was instrumental in both SB victories as well as both playoff runs.......

HOWEVER... I guess that was some other QB and not Eli Manning who went the length of the field with around 2 minutes to play in that first SB vs. the Pats after Brady had lead a go ahead TD drive of his own. Completely different QB who took the Giants down for a game winning TD in the Pats face I suppose. :bobdole:

I guess the Giants used the backup QB on the road in San Fran to beat the 9ers in the NFCCG. That must not have been Eli out there taking an absolute beating and soldiering up to lead his team to victory.

Eli not elite..... GET REAL!!

Vaark
01-11-2013, 11:33 AM

Listening to your wife, eh?

Bottom Line: you can strip out all your parsed rationalizations and homeristic sliding scales: The Colts starters proved in no uncertain terms that the mediocre 09 jest didn't deserve to be in the playoffs, let alone were anything other than the equivalent of a league mouth-breather that season. And Eli did a helluva lot more to win 3 post season games (something the jest never did) and the superbowls than Buttchez did to win the SD game when he had a 60QBR, 101yds, an Int and completed less than 50% of his passes while the best kicker in the league was choking at least 2 and maybe 3 times. So stop with your homerism already. It doesn't resonate among more objective and knowlegable Jets fans, let alone here in the No Spin Zone

nyjunc
01-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Listening to your wife, eh?

Bottom Line: you can strip out all your parsed rationalizations and homeristic sliding scales: The Colts starters proved in no uncertain terms that the mediocre 09 jest didn't deserve to be in the playoffs, let alone were anything other than the equivalent of a league mouth-breather that season.

My wife wouldn't know, she doesn't work w/ the mentally challenged anymore but she misses you.

the '08 dolphins were proven a fraud, the '09 Jets won 2 road playoff games proving they belonged.

nyjunc
01-11-2013, 11:41 AM
when you post his rating and #s from the SD you show how little you know, stop embarrassing yourslef.

Vaark
01-11-2013, 11:46 AM
My wife wouldn't know, she doesn't work w/ the mentally challenged anymore but she misses you.

the '08 dolphins were proven a fraud, the '09 Jets won 2 road playoff games proving they belonged.

But she does know the difference between a big.... errr, never mind, I'm a gentlemen.

24 points in 31 minutes - over 3/4 of a point/min by the starters who were pulled in game 15 with a lead, leaving Curtis Painter, the QB the Colts used to get Andrew Luck to "mop up" is not only about as humiliating as it gets, but states in no uncertain terms that a 7-7 team that couldn't close the deal at home vs dead team walking Atlanta, having lost 6 out of 7 and beating teams with a sub .400 winning percentage (only skewed that high because they took Houston by surprise in game 1) that they were least deserving team to make the playoffs in the last 5 years. That back door entry into the playoffs in a division where there was only 1 legit .500 team spells "suckage" and surely not "elite" !!!!

nyjunc
01-11-2013, 12:30 PM
But she does know the difference between a big.... errr, never mind, I'm a gentlemen.

24 points in 31 minutes - over 3/4 of a point/min by the starters who were pulled in game 15 with a lead, leaving Curtis Painter, the QB the Colts used to get Andrew Luck to "mop up" is not only about as humiliating as it gets, but states in no uncertain terms that a 7-7 team that couldn't close the deal at home vs dead team walking Atlanta, having lost 6 out of 7 and beating teams with a sub .400 winning percentage (only skewed that high because they took Houston by surprise in game 1) that they were least deserving team to make the playoffs in the last 5 years. That back door entry into the playoffs in a division where there was only 1 legit .500 team spells "suckage" and surely not "elite" !!!!

Yes, a gentleeman always brings up another mans wife. I wish you were half the person you think you are.

You clearly don't know anything about this game other than offering excuses for your team and teams you hate.

Vaark
01-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Yes, a gentleeman always brings up another mans wife. I wish you were half the person you think you are.

You clearly don't know anything about this game other than offering excuses for your team and teams you hate.

Your lack of self-awareness is incredible. You accuse others by dint of each homeristic, form-fitting drivel you post of exactly what most everyone knows to be true about you. Using forums to try to compensate for your obvious raging inferiority complex may convince the voices in your head that you actually are objective and know what the **** you're talking about, but your OCD doesn't fool any of us fans about your blind homeristic biases or that you don't know what the **** you're talking about most of the time. Oh and beyond the "making excuses" accusations you hurl around, knowing what I know about you on FH, it's just precious how you accuse others of "whining." You are tolerated here as is the villainous wrestling opponent who stirs the ****, enrages the masses, but still ends up losing bloodied and bowed. So I guess you do serve a function afterall.

nyjunc
01-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Your lack of self-awareness is incredible. You accuse others by dint of each homeristic, form-fitting drivel you post of exactly what most everyone knows to be true about you. Using forums to try to compensate for your obvious raging inferiority complex may convince the voices in your head that you actually are objective and know what the **** you're talking about, but your OCD doesn't fool any of us fans about your blind homeristic biases or that you don't know what the **** you're talking about most of the time. Oh and beyond the "making excuses" accusations you hurl around, knowing what I know about you on FH, it's just precious how you accuse others of "whining." You are tolerated here as is the villainous wrestling opponent who stirs the ****, enrages the masses, but still ends up losing bloodied and bowed. So I guess you do serve a function afterall.

so says the biggest homer on any board I have ever seen.

nyjunc
01-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Won with defense....... :lol:

The defense was instrumental in both SB victories as well as both playoff runs.......

HOWEVER... I guess that was some other QB and not Eli Manning who went the length of the field with around 2 minutes to play in that first SB vs. the Pats after Brady had lead a go ahead TD drive of his own. Completely different QB who took the Giants down for a game winning TD in the Pats face I suppose. :bobdole:

I guess the Giants used the backup QB on the road in San Fran to beat the 9ers in the NFCCG. That must not have been Eli out there taking an absolute beating and soldiering up to lead his team to victory.

Eli not elite..... GET REAL!!

he had a ball stick to a helmet in the first SB, great drive in the 2nd SB even though the manningham catch was not a ctach(it was still a perfect throw). he did NOTHING at SF, the 10 pts he led NYG to in the 2nd half/OT came on TWO muffed/fumbled PRs that set up NYG deep in SF territory.

NE 2007 averaged 37 PPG, NYG D held them to 14
NE 2011 averaged 32 PPG, NYG D held them to 17 and scored 2 pts

tylerdolphin
01-11-2013, 01:24 PM
he did NOTHING at SF, the 10 pts he led NYG to in the 2nd half/OT came on TWO muffed/fumbled PRs that set up NYG deep in SF territory.

It seems weird to me that someone who supposedly looks past stats and watches with his eyes wouldnt find Eli's SF performance impressive. Eli got beat to **** that night. His line got worked all game. Dude got up every time and kept his team in it when most QBs (especially your boy Sanchez) would have gotten happy feet, shriveled up and crumbled.

But hey, keep going by your little fantasy stats there. Ill watch the games with my eyeballs. I think like a coach. You go by fantasy stats.

nyjunc
01-11-2013, 02:04 PM
It seems weird to me that someone who supposedly looks past stats and watches with his eyes wouldnt find Eli's SF performance impressive. Eli got beat to **** that night. His line got worked all game. Dude got up every time and kept his team in it when most QBs (especially your boy Sanchez) would have gotten happy feet, shriveled up and crumbled.

But hey, keep going by your little fantasy stats there. Ill watch the games with my eyeballs. I think like a coach. You go by fantasy stats.

I didn't say he was awufl but to cite SF as a great game is misleading, he wasn't good against SF and was very lucky for numerous reasons.

he threw TWO passes up for grabes which saw 2 SF DBs collide while trying to pick it them off. that rarely happens and it happeend twice in this game.

Got TWO muffed punts/fumbles that set him up deep in SF territory which led t all their pts the last 3 qtrs.

Had a Bradshaw clear fumble whistled dead late in the 4th which would have set SF up in chip shot range for the win.

He wasn't bad but he didn't carry them, D and STs won that game.

tylerdolphin
01-11-2013, 02:10 PM
I didn't say he was awufl but to cite SF as a great game is misleading, he wasn't good against SF and was very lucky for numerous reasons.

he threw TWO passes up for grabes which saw 2 SF DBs collide while trying to pick it them off. that rarely happens and it happeend twice in this game.

Got TWO muffed punts/fumbles that set him up deep in SF territory which led t all their pts the last 3 qtrs.

Had a Bradshaw clear fumble whistled dead late in the 4th which would have set SF up in chip shot range for the win.

He wasn't bad but he didn't carry them, D and STs won that game.

Jesus Christ. A Sanchez fan is sitting here talking to me, bashing near interceptions. I never thought Id see the day. Ive heard it all now.

Vaark
01-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Jesus Christ. A Sanchez fan is sitting here talking to me, bashing near interceptions. I never thought Id see the day. Ive heard it all now.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/2yyp6wl-1.jpg

nyjunc
01-11-2013, 03:26 PM
the day I get beat on here is the day I quit watching football- at least by the folks in this thread.

tylerdolphin
01-11-2013, 03:54 PM
the day I get beat on here is the day I quit watching football- at least by the folks in this thread.

So youre saying that when Sanchez amounts to nothing in this league, youll stop watching football?

SpurzN703
01-11-2013, 05:56 PM

I don't think your eyes would ever let you stop watching football

13ktownguy
01-18-2013, 02:53 PM
I thought I heard that the GM of the Saskatchewan RoughRiders is putting together an attractive package of a handful of Loonies and coupons good for a month of free poutines to bring The ButtFumbler in as their clipboard holder.
Hes not mobile enough to play in the CFL!

13ktownguy
01-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Yep thats one thing you cant accuse Mark of...padding stats :lol:

Ben Had
01-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Yep thats one thing you cant accuse Mark of...padding stats :lol:

Unless your talking throughing pick6's:lol: