PDA

View Full Version : Jets prepping for Terrell Owens?

Gladsadmad
02-26-2004, 04:42 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/story/167707p-146599c.html

prob just another rumor..but

10 million to spend...Chad Pennington...Santana Moss...Terrell Owens?..that scares me. T.O. in the big city...strong-armed QB..sounds like a perfect fit. As much as T.O. is a schmuck, I don't want to see him twice a year. I'd rather see him 16 times a year ;)

SABA-TOOTH
02-26-2004, 05:41 AM
DON'T B SCARED....

IT'LL BE ALRIGHT....

THE JETS SUCK...

finsfan4life
02-26-2004, 06:50 AM
He'd definitely make them a better team but they still wouldn't scare me.

inFINSible
02-26-2004, 08:07 AM
Strong armed QB???......When did they get rid of Paddington?

phunwin
02-26-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by inFINSible
Strong armed QB???......When did they get rid of Paddington?

Augh, you stole my response! :lol:

Didn't Pennington try throwing a Hail Mary last year that barely even went 40 yards? He's an extremely accurate passer, and a great fit for the WCO, but I don't think anyone would call him a strong-armed passer.

In any event, I think the Jets have other things to worry about. TO would be a good pickup for them, but I think they need to rework the OL and DB spots, and start giving some serious thought to a replacement for Curtis Martin (if they don't think Lamont Jordan is up to the task, which I certainly don't).

inFINSible
02-26-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by phunwin

Augh, you stole my response! :lol:

Didn't Pennington try throwing a Hail Mary last year that barely even went 40 yards? He's an extremely accurate passer, and a great fit for the WCO, but I don't think anyone would call him a strong-armed passer.

In any event, I think the Jets have other things to worry about. TO would be a good pickup for them, but I think they need to rework the OL and DB spots, and start giving some serious thought to a replacement for Curtis Martin (if they don't think Lamont Jordan is up to the task, which I certainly don't). sorry phunwin.....I just wanted to use the name "Paddington" :chuckle:....

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Bertil
02-26-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by phunwin

How dare you guys talk about Pennington that way?

He is a quality classy quarterback with touch on the football. He is not a thrower, he is a passer. His mind is a HEAD of what the defense is and if the Jests can support him, he WILL win the Championship!

I want to kiss you...

finfan54
02-26-2004, 09:35 AM
oooooooh suzy.

dolphan39
02-26-2004, 09:37 AM
Report: Jets to release Testaverde (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jets-testaverde&prov=ap&type=lgns)
The 40-year-old veteran will be released after June 1 to lessen the salary cap hit the team takes, but the announcement could come as soon as Friday, the newspaper reported, citing an unidentified NFL source.

Jets81
02-28-2004, 03:10 AM
Chad's arm is definantly NOT strong, but he throws the most catchable ball in the NFL, bar none. TO would be a big help, but he's really not the big a deal with so many WR's in the draft. Thanks for the memories Vinny, you will be missed.

Far as the Jet sucking, I dunno, you guys are in pretty bad shape yourselves. We add a big WR, and shut down corner, and have a decent draft we'll be right back in the hunt.