PDA

View Full Version : Report: Jets' firing of OC Sparano 'imminent'

ocdfinsfan
12-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Didn't see this anywhere yet... It only took one year to get rid of him..

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports that the Jets' firing of offensive coordinator Tony Sparano is "imminent."
Sparano has been fileted on ESPN and elsewhere for the offense he fielded in 2012, which saw Mark Sanchez take yet another step back in his career. Per La Canfora, GM Mike Tannenbaum is Sparano's biggest supporter inside the Jets' organization, and Tannenbaum may very well be fired as well. Per La Canfora, as many as a half-dozen head coaches will be let go on "Black Monday," the Monday following Week 17. And that doesn't even begin to include coordinator firings.

LVphinfan
12-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Yo Tony, fist-pump that!!!

flynryan15
12-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Well the jets ownership is considerably faster then ours! We should have kicked Meatball to the curb after he blew the Saints game in 09!

dlockz
12-24-2012, 04:01 PM
I guess Brian Shottenheimer wasnt the issue. He seems pretty happy in StLouis lol

slickrickpuppy
12-24-2012, 04:03 PM
'''feed the wolf'' thanks bill!

Sirspud
12-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Well the jets ownership is considerably faster then ours! We should have kicked Meatball to the curb after he blew the Saints game in 09!

Yeah really would have been a great move, canning the coach who had presided over the quickest/largest turnaround in NFL history and who had brought the team to the playoffs the year before for the first time in 7 years just because he lost a game to a top tier team.

FinsFan74
12-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Awwww man...I was hoping the Jets would take at least another year to figure out Sparano's incompetence.

Phins28
12-24-2012, 04:06 PM
I guess Brian Shottenheimer wasnt the issue. He seems pretty happy in StLouis lol

Yeah Sam Bradford is in his best season under him.

ANUFan
12-24-2012, 04:06 PM
NOOOOOOOOOO! I'm terrified that the JETS organization might start getting somewhat competent starting this offseason.

circumstances
12-24-2012, 04:09 PM
that was a horrible idea anyway. much like signing timmy tebow to back up mark sanchez.

Austin Tatious
12-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Darn, I was hoping that Sparano was going to stay there. I get no credit for saying I told you so, since this was an absolute no brainer that he would bring down the Jets.

Jeannette Sparano married an absolute imbecile. The guy has no business whatsoever even being an NFL assistant. This is a guy who somehow got the benefit of getting into the "flow" of the NFL world and got elevated to positions as a result of knowing the right people. He was a gopher for the likes of Bill Parcells and Coughlin who liked his effort. But effort never overcomes lack of brain power for higher level positions. He is just not a bright man. At all. He's a dumb guy with poor character with all of his excuses and self-serving b.s. He's a failure and a loser. Bad o line coach, bad head coach, bad offensive coordinator, bad guy.

Jeannette should do extra prayers every day for just having had the opportunity to live the NFL lifestyle, since it was so undeserved.

I hope she saved his money.

Ben Had
12-24-2012, 04:10 PM
This is bad news...he makes the rest of the AFCE much better:lol:

Pinkboy
12-24-2012, 04:13 PM
There were geniuses on this board 2 years ago who started threads stating that Sparano would lead the dolphins to the super bowl just like Sean Payton did for the Saints... comparing Payton's 3rd and 4th year in new orleans to sparano's tenure in miami...

Emphatically stating that there was no difference to the quality of coaching ability when it came to sean payton and tony meatball sparano. I laughed my arse off then at this notion, and I'm still laughing about such drivel now

where is that homer nutbag now btw ?? And that's why its silly to be a blind homer as it totally destroys your intellect as well as your basic common sense. You come off as someone who hasn't a clue about the game of football. Totally embarrassing yourself, and dumb yourself down

ps- the same people are ireland nut huggers today

dolpns13
12-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Not sure why i cant embed this but here is my reaction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

Casas9425
12-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Sparano isn't smart enough to have a big job in the NFL. He's a mediocre position coach and nothing more.

Daytona Fin
12-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Dan hennig should be available.

flynryan15
12-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Yeah really would have been a great move, canning the coach who had presided over the quickest/largest turnaround in NFL history and who had brought the team to the playoffs the year before for the first time in 7 years just because he lost a game to a top tier team.

Yes because keeping the fist pumping dunce did wonders for this franchise! Sparano sucks and has been a failure at every stop he had his play calling duties stripped in Dallas, need we really cover his low lights here the only thing that landed him this job is he is a friend of Bill, and now after one season of calamity the jets curb him! Yeah curbing him after that game would have been the right thing to do it was literally a sucking chest wound of Sparano failure opening up!

Austin Tatious
12-24-2012, 04:18 PM
There were geniuses on this board 2 years ago who started threads stating that Sparano would lead the dolphins to the super bowl just like Sean Payton did for the Saints... comparing Payton's 3rd and 4th year in new orleans to sparano's tenure in miami...

Emphatically stating that there was no difference to the quality of coaching ability when it came to sean payton and tony meatball sparano. I laughed my arse off then at this notion, and I'm still laughing about such drivel now

where is that nutbag now btw ??

Great point. Someone should link to old threads where we debated Sparano. I'd love to see who came out on the right side of things.

enigmatics
12-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Darn, I was hoping that Sparano was going to stay there. I get no credit for saying I told you so, since this was an absolute no brainer that he would bring down the Jets.

Jeannette Sparano married an absolute imbecile. The guy has no business whatsoever even being an NFL assistant. This is a guy who somehow got the benefit of getting into the "flow" of the NFL world and got elevated to positions as a result of knowing the right people. He was a gopher for the likes of Bill Parcells and Coughlin who liked his effort. But effort never overcomes lack of brain power for higher level positions. He is just not a bright man. At all. He's a dumb guy with poor character with all of his excuses and self-serving b.s. He's a failure and a loser. Bad o line coach, bad head coach, bad offensive coordinator, bad guy.

Jeannette should do extra prayers every day for just having had the opportunity to live the NFL lifestyle, since it was so undeserved.

I hope she saved his money.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

flynryan15
12-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Great point. Someone should link to old threads where we debated Sparano. I'd love to see who came out on the right side of things.

Me!

hooshoops
12-24-2012, 04:22 PM
i wouldn't let sparano coach my son in pop warner let alone pro football...

flynryan15
12-24-2012, 04:24 PM

where is that homer nutbag now btw ?? And that's why its silly to be a blind homer as it totally destroys your intellect as well as your basic common sense. You come off as someone who hasn't a clue about the game of football. Totally embarrassing yourself, and dumb yourself down

ps- the same people are ireland nut huggers today

i probably still have the hate messages in my inbox from them when I declared meatball done and needing fired after the Saints meltdown! Here Drew Bree's let me call timeout before the half and help you get a TD. Do you realize the meatballfanatics argued with me it's ok because the Saints went on to win the Superbowl?

johngarry
12-24-2012, 04:43 PM
yo Fatso, see if they need a 'chest-pumper' down at unemployment!

Gonzo
12-24-2012, 04:49 PM
:lol:

Hayden Fox
12-24-2012, 04:49 PM
I bet Jeannette Sparano has a beef now with Woody Johnson.

eriefinfan
12-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Sparano should have taken Henning with him. He's the only one who thinks Sparano knows something about offense.

MR NFLFAN
12-24-2012, 08:49 PM
I'll be surprised if the jets don't clear out their GM along with their entire coaching staff....including the pillsbury toe boy!

Sirspud
12-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Yes because keeping the fist pumping dunce did wonders for this franchise! Sparano sucks and has been a failure at every stop he had his play calling duties stripped in Dallas, need we really cover his low lights here the only thing that landed him this job is he is a friend of Bill, and now after one season of calamity the jets curb him! Yeah curbing him after that game would have been the right thing to do it was literally a sucking chest wound of Sparano failure opening up!

Sorry, but you will still get no awards from me. So you turned your back on the only coach who had any shred of success in Miami in some time, even before it really was apparent that his regime wasn't working? Congratulations, I hope you are satisfied.

dolpns13
12-24-2012, 11:37 PM
Sorry, but you will still get no awards from me. So you turned your back on the only coach who had any shred of success in Miami in some time, even before it really was apparent that his regime wasn't working? Congratulations, I hope you are satisfied.

We're all satisfied. He was a fake and set this franchise back 4 years AND COUNTING.

Harry_Bagpipe
12-25-2012, 05:46 AM
i probably still have the hate messages in my inbox from them when I declared meatball done and needing fired after the Saints meltdown! Here Drew Bree's let me call timeout before the half and help you get a TD. Do you realize the meatballfanatics argued with me it's ok because the Saints went on to win the Superbowl?

yep. I still have nightmares about that game. I remember yelling at my TV set as time winded down "don't call timeout, let them kick the field goal". As soon as he called the timeout I screamed to my friends what an idiot sparano was and that the saints will now have time to think about their situation and guarantee will go for a td. I couldn't believe how many people defended that move also.

jg772006
12-25-2012, 06:10 AM
:hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump: