PDA

View Full Version : This is scary........

Section126
02-26-2004, 07:46 PM
The hatred the left has for Bush is really downright scary.......it was neck and neck with the Clinton hate until recently when the Bush Haters left the Clinton Haters in the dust......

Listen to people like Neil Rogers down here in Miami, and now even Closet Liberal Hank Goldberg is in the act.......

It goes like this.......bring up a REAL issue like social security.....then proceed with a statement like the "country is going to hell in a handbasket" Then list a series of lies that they seem to make up on the spot.............Enraging all of those that are not informed and then call in to engage in the hate fest.

Another popular thing they do is something Hank Goldberg did today.....He mentioned the Education Secretary (Rod Paige).....and his statement that the NEA was a terrorist organization......except that Hank never mentions that........He just says "Can you believe that that the Education Secretary called all teachers a bunch of terrorists."

The question is this.........Can Bush survive this avalanche of lies and propaganda?

PhinPhan1227
02-26-2004, 10:23 PM
I don't think too many people "hate" Bill Clinton. Clinton never did anything TOO hate...in point of fact, he never DID anything. The reason Bush inspires hatred is because he actually has beliefs and a plan and he's sticking to it. I'm afraid that Kerry would be Mini-Bill. Every time a decision needed to be made he'd run a poll before he made that decision. Bush is a leader...love him or hate him. Kerry/Clinton are followers. You can despise them, but there's nothing there to hate.

DeDolfan
02-27-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Section126
The hatred the left has for Bush is really downright scary.......it was neck and neck with the Clinton hate until recently when the Bush Haters left the Clinton Haters in the dust......

Listen to people like Neil Rogers down here in Miami, and now even Closet Liberal Hank Goldberg is in the act.......

It goes like this.......bring up a REAL issue like social security.....then proceed with a statement like the "country is going to hell in a handbasket" Then list a series of lies that they seem to make up on the spot.............Enraging all of those that are not informed and then call in to engage in the hate fest.

Another popular thing they do is something Hank Goldberg did today.....He mentioned the Education Secretary (Rod Paige).....and his statement that the NEA was a terrorist organization......except that Hank never mentions that........He just says "Can you believe that that the Education Secretary called all teachers a bunch of terrorists."

The question is this.........Can Bush survive this avalanche of lies and propaganda?

Just what "lies" are you speaking of? Are they actual lies or are they just things that you don't agree with or like to hear?
BTW: paige already apologized for his remarks. Saying som'n like it was a bad choice of words.

DeDolfan
02-27-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
I don't think too many people "hate" Bill Clinton. Clinton never did anything TOO hate...in point of fact, he never DID anything. The reason Bush inspires hatred is because he actually has beliefs and a plan and he's sticking to it. I'm afraid that Kerry would be Mini-Bill. Every time a decision needed to be made he'd run a poll before he made that decision. Bush is a leader...love him or hate him. Kerry/Clinton are followers. You can despise them, but there's nothing there to hate.

You are coreect in saying that Bush IS a leader. But whether he is actually a good one or not is something else. My problem with Bush as a leader is that while it is admirable that he has a plan and the willingness to stick to it sometimes can be a step backwards, ie, b4 Iraq, he built a good case for going to war [from all the intel available etc] but when those very same reason broke down, he won't change course or correct it. i think that is why we see alot of people with changed opinions about the war. maybe Bush feels that if HE changes his mind that he feels it would be a sign of weakness. i suppose that the far right wingers may also just as the far leftists are/have been against anyrhing he does. That's the way the extremists work, on both sides, buyt the clear majority of us are more moderate, i know I am. I'm mostly to the right on most social issues while to the left on economic ones. But anyway, I think if Bush would just realize that he could have made a mistake in the Iraq thing and fess up to it would generate heaps of respect. I wouldn't view it as a weakness at all. Otherwise, he's being looked at as being just stubborn and arrogant to some. Bush 1 paid for his mistake. iMO, if he kept after Sadaam back in 91, Clinton would never have even been able to sniff the white house and didn't really have anyone to run against him in 96. mush like GW won against Gore. I still shudder to think what it would be like if Gore had won!! Anyone who can not win his home state in a prez election, well, som'n is bad wrong somewhere !! :D

PhinPhan1227
02-29-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by DeDolfan

I'm mostly to the right on most social issues while to the left on economic ones.

Lol...remind me never to have a beer with you if we're trying to remain non-political, as I'm to the right on economic/military issues but to the left on social issues. All that aside, I'm more than willing to recognize that Bush has a lot of faults, but I have to fall back on one standby that I learned from the Army. A bad decision is STILL better than no decision at all. Bush has made some bad decisions, but I'll take someone who is actually willing to lead over someone who claims to lead, but does so by way of following whichever way the majority leads. That's not a leader, that's a cheerleader.

DeDolfan
03-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Lol...remind me never to have a beer with you if we're trying to remain non-political, as I'm to the right on economic/military issues but to the left on social issues. All that aside, I'm more than willing to recognize that Bush has a lot of faults, but I have to fall back on one standby that I learned from the Army. A bad decision is STILL better than no decision at all. Bush has made some bad decisions, but I'll take someone who is actually willing to lead over someone who claims to lead, but does so by way of following whichever way the majority leads. That's not a leader, that's a cheerleader.

Hell, i'd have a beer with you anyway!! :D We proably learn more actually by discussing things with other folx and gaining other viewpoints. If we didn't, we'd all be sitting around just thinking about our own things.
I have to agree with you in doing something is better than nothing and for that I do have to admire Bush for. Clinton seemed to always be lackadasical in that regard. The jury is out on the Dems candidates now actually and anything else is pretty much speculation. But i have usually been the one to say, "Let's do som'n, even if it's wrong"!! However, if it turns out TO be wrong, then it must be effectively dealt with.
OK, I'll meet ya at Archie Bunker's saloon this afternoon fer happy hour !! YA?? :lol: :D

PhinPhan1227
03-01-2004, 01:16 PM
Lol...works for me. And I didn't say I wouldn't have a beer with you, just not if you didn't want to discuss politics. As for the Dems, I seriously would have been torn had Lieberman won the nomination. The man has ideals and stances that he has stuck by through thick and thin. I don't agree with all his views, but I can certainly admire him as a person. And given that he is a conservative Democrat, he fits a lot of my views. Kerry however is just mind boggling in his ability to flip flop on issues. Literally, EVERY stance that he's currently espoucing has at some point seen him on the opposite fence. He's attacking Bush for mishandling of intelligence, but he voted to cut intelligence funding. He's attacking the war, but voted to allow it. He's against Special Interest, but nobody in Washington has taken more of their money. To me, he's a guy who rides the waves. Public opinion is going in that direction? That's the way he's going to go. To me that's just scary in a President unless everything is going great(like during Clintons era). Right now we need decisive though. And that kind of personality is NOT decisive.