PDA

View Full Version : mock i just saw.

finsizzel
01-14-2013, 10:06 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/images/fball/dolphinsb_logo.gif Miami Dolphins: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan http://www.finheaven.com/forums/college/CentralMichigan_logo.gif
It appears as though Jake Long will not be back with the Dolphins next year. Miami will have to pay him more than $15 million if it franchises him, which doesn't seem like a lucrative option because he's coming off a down season. He may not want to re-sign to a long-term deal either, so if he leaves, the Dolphins will have to find a new left tackle. Why not another Michigan product? Well, Central Michigan, but close enough.

hate this pick just seems we are always drafting Olineman early. uugh:napoleon:

Stefins
01-14-2013, 10:28 PM
What?????????????

Dolphins91
01-14-2013, 10:29 PM
here we go....

dude, get over it. it's a mock.... meaning it's not reality. a guess.

gregorygrant83
01-14-2013, 10:46 PM
People need to also be realistic. If you don't want to keep your Pro Bowl caliber offensive tackle than you better be ready to try and replace him with a player with Pro Bowl potential. That means either paying for one in free agency or drafting one in the first or second round. The same people who complain about not replacing Brandon Marshall with talent need to use the same argument for dealing with losing Jake Long or Randy Starks.

houtz
01-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Not a reality because last I heard Fisher was a top five pick. If we can land a talent like that we should all be overjoyed. Personally I'm praying we lock Long up to a team friendly deal and avoid having another hole on this team.

Skooks
01-15-2013, 12:18 AM
We're not replacing Long in FA or the draft
Either sign him or Tanny is getting killed

Bumpus
01-15-2013, 12:23 AM
Yeah, um ...

We've got holes, so it's hard to bitch about much as a first rounder - but if we go O-line again, I may eat my tailpipe.

Just saying.

jason_taylor
01-15-2013, 03:35 AM
We're not replacing Long in FA or the draft
Either sign him or Tanny is getting killed

come on now you all know we done have our LT,John Martin did a decent job as a rookie this year, and will only get better, John Martin did a fine job at stanford blockin for Andrew Luck in college ,and Martin did a good job for what time he played this year , and he will only get better, if any thing we need to find us a RT , because imo Martin is going to be protecting the blind side for Tanny net year.

Chance29
01-15-2013, 09:43 AM
Jake Long is gonna be back. Hopefully people aren't to upset when we use most of our cap space to resign our own players. I def see us grabbing either a top FA Wr or Te and the rest will be filled by our draft picks. I know everyone wants a big name wr but realistically we could come away from the draft with 2 of the top 5 wr's that could turn into studs for alot less money than signing say a Wallace.

BC26
01-15-2013, 10:29 AM
The commentators specifically talked about the running success that San Fran has is due to the fact that they have invested 3 first round picks on their offensive line during the playoff game this weekend. Not agreeing or disagreeing, just pointing out a team that has had success focusing on the o-line in the draft. So, if we draft an o-lineman in the first round...so be it.

AJ Duhe
01-15-2013, 10:42 AM
I think Long is gone. Someone else will be willing to pay a premium for his size and past performance. I think the Dolphins o-line is heading in a different direction. The linemen will be smaller, more flexible, and with better movement skills to maximize the scheme. Martin will be a fine starter at LT. Ireland would be crazy to draft a RT at #12 when the scouts can find a suitable player 2nd round or lower.

I don't put much stock in these mocks. Some "analysts" don't bother to examine a team's specific scheme or its prioritization in positions. Bottom line, this regime is much more oriented toward interchangeable position flexibility and skills rather than drafting for raw size and Pro Bowl potential.