PDA

View Full Version : Gil Brandt Mock Draft

Hayden Fox
01-15-2013, 04:55 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/gil-brandt/155116?campaign=Twitter_mock_gil

I love the pick.

datruth55
01-15-2013, 04:58 PM
One of the wackiest mocks I've seen.

mmikel30
01-15-2013, 05:10 PM
No way I would pass on Mingo!

Locke
01-15-2013, 05:16 PM
Is he really mocking a guard to go number 4 overall...?

CANDolphan
01-15-2013, 05:26 PM
Is he really mocking a guard to go number 4 overall...?

He's honestly the most complete guard I've ever seen coming out of college. He's going to be an all pro for every year he's healthy and used in a power run game. If used in a ZBS, he'd simply be a great great player. Im not sure he'd be used to his full abilities there.

j-off-her-doll
01-15-2013, 05:32 PM
Not at 12.

datruth55
01-15-2013, 05:35 PM
He's honestly the most complete guard I've ever seen coming out of college. He's going to be an all pro for every year he's healthy and used in a power run game. If used in a ZBS, he'd simply be a great great player. Im not sure he'd be used to his full abilities there.
I remember a lot of the same stuff being said about Mike Iupati and he's lived up to the hype...but he was taken 17th overall in the draft, not 4th. I would be fine if Warmack went 4th that would push down other talent that we need.

Fin Thirteen
01-15-2013, 05:51 PM
I love me some Alec Ogletree, but top 10? Not sure.

Manning2012
01-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Awesome draft, then we could get cordel patterson m bailey in the second. Heaven.

GoonBoss
01-15-2013, 08:19 PM
That mock doesn't make a great deal of sense, and I hate our pick

sinPHIN
01-15-2013, 08:48 PM
i think that is a huge risk at #12. yeah he has a ton of upside, but he is so damn raw

hooshoops
01-15-2013, 09:12 PM
:lol: :crazy:

i guess i should expect that from a 90 year old...

cane6
01-15-2013, 09:59 PM
All credibility was lost when he mocked Ertz ahead of Eifert

Quadfather
01-15-2013, 10:29 PM
I would love Terrance Williams. But Brandt is my most trusted draft guy out there. I trust him 95% of the time and I don't see Ireland taking a WR or TE in round 1. I could see us moving back.

Digital
01-15-2013, 10:35 PM
I dunno, this looks like he wants some shock value. I mean come on ... how hard did he have to mix things up to hide that he was mocking Jarvis Jones to the Jets????? Never in a million years would that happen. Giving the only first QB to the Raiders!? With Philly fans always irate he mocks them a guard at 4. This screams of a desire to generate traffic by courting controversy. I'd have expected this mock on April 1, but it looks like he's getting his laughs early this year.

My 1,000th post ... thanks Gil Brandt! :up:

Digital
01-15-2013, 10:38 PM
I don't know cane6, I think there are more than a couple GM's who have Ertz ranked higher than Eifert.

Hayden Fox
01-15-2013, 10:45 PM
Eifert looked really average against Alabama. Give me Ertz.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

:lol: :crazy:

i guess i should expect that from a 90 year old...

Gil Brandt was bullish and remains so on Tannehill. Brandt basically is the master of modern scouting. Yeah, he knows ****.

justdev7
01-15-2013, 11:03 PM

This

MrEd
01-16-2013, 12:10 AM
No way Patterson lasts til the 2nd round. And even so, we shouldn't risk losing out on him.

Wildbill3
01-16-2013, 12:33 AM
NO way do the chiefs pick a lineman. that team needs a QB. Smith is going number 1.

Mogwai
01-16-2013, 01:59 AM
Gil has been teetering on the edge of senility for awhile now and I think he's finally toppled over.

CANDolphan
01-16-2013, 02:42 AM
NO way do the chiefs pick a lineman. that team needs a QB. Smith is going number 1.

Careful. They are rumored to be letting Brandon Albert walk, so there are rumblings that they could take Loekel.

Honestly, Gil Brandt has proven time and time again that the guy knows his ****. His last mock draft is typically the most accurate (obviously) and he's usually pretty dead on. I really do like Ziggy but phew... 12th overall? I had been hoping to get him in the bottom 2nd :\. He's a JPP clone, right down to the extreme risk. Pass rushers are NECESSARY, people. Pass rush is what disguises everything. We need to go heavy on pass rushers, WRs, and CBs. That's it.

If Patterson falls to #33, then Miami needs to get on the phone immediately , throwing #40 and #109 at them, including whatever else little nonsense we need. You'd HAVE to do whatever you could. This would all be moot assuming that KC lets Bowe walk. That'd be instant replacement.

hooshoops
01-16-2013, 08:38 AM
Eifert looked really average against Alabama. Give me Ertz.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Gil Brandt was bullish and remains so on Tannehill. Brandt basically is the master of modern scouting. Yeah, he knows ****.

if you recognized the things eifert could do lined up on the boundary and the way he was used that was not your typical te stuff...as for gil brandt great he was bullish on ryan tannehill...as far as master of scouting or whatever maybe a decade or so ago...

SMadison29
01-17-2013, 12:23 AM
Ansah is not a JPP clone, he doesn't rush the passer. He is a strongside DE that is stout against the run. Horrible pick. Give me Mingo, Montgomery, or Okafor at DE before Ansah.

retarmyfinfan
01-17-2013, 03:07 PM
Arizona is gonna pick Leinart again? Don't have a warm and fuzzy about Barkley.

ckparrothead
01-17-2013, 03:18 PM
That mock draft has elements to it that stand a chance of ending up a lot more accurate than people think. But of course, any mock draft consists of a ton of moving parts and typically all of them will have some picks in there that just don't end up meeting with reality.

All in all it's not a bad mock.

Danny
01-17-2013, 05:31 PM
No way Barkley goes that high either

Ozzy rules!!

Roman529
01-17-2013, 05:32 PM
That mock doesn't make a great deal of sense, and I hate our pick

Gil is not like McShay and Kiper,,,he thinks outside the box and doesn't go with the safe vanilla picks that everyone else makes. If it wasn't for Brandt the Cowboys never would have had much success under Tom Landry. Brandt brought in the guys to make the Cowboy's SB Champions during the Landry years.

phintim
01-17-2013, 06:40 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/gil-brandt/155116?campaign=Twitter_mock_gil

I love the pick.

I od not know about the pick but Brandt has been pretty good at picking in the past drafts. Early though

Digital
01-18-2013, 01:37 AM
This isn't Brandt's final 2013 mock. I bet when he puts out his final mock draft it will look significantly different and most of those wild picks (like Jarvis Jones falling to the Jets, a G going #4 overall, etc.) will be a lot more realistic. THAT'S the mock that will be more accurate ... not this one. This one is designed to be controversial and drive hits to the website, IMHO.

finfan54
01-19-2013, 09:47 PM
Not sure about Ansah. Not sure about the deep need for DE when position is relatively deep IMO.

Ertz over Eifert is not out of the world to see happen, but it should make people think long and hard about taking a TE at 12 because it is absolutely one of the biggest needs on this team if you consider Fasano gone and even if he stays. if these guys are legit then you should automatically say take a TE over a WR any day because there are a ton of WR's as usual you can get later that will impact just as much IMO. TY Hilton for example. TE is not deep with talent like the top two.

Eifert is a better blocker. Philbin will like that more but TE is very important to him regardless.

As for the comment on Eifert looking avg. vs. Alabama. Just take the QB position and how he played dealing with the pressure and yes, anyone would look avg. Its not how one looks in the championship game, its how one transfers professionally to the pro game long term IMO. If Houston gets Eifert, we will never ever beat that team.

allsilverdreams
01-20-2013, 02:36 PM
i think either buffalo or ny jets will go QB if not both teams