PDA

View Full Version : Manti Te'o may fall to us.

ph0enyx
01-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Apparently he made up having a girlfriend he met over the internet, really who hasn't, and the guys on the radio are going crazy about how this will kill his draft stock. Think we should draft him and have Dansby and Burnett compete for the linebacker spot opposite Koa and then cut the loser?

SkapePhin
01-16-2013, 07:31 PM
As someone who has lost someone close to me to Leukemia, what he did was pretty low... Fake a relationship in order to gin up support for his Heisman campaign? Cancer is not something to eff around with. I witnessed first hand what that loss does to a family and circle of friends.

This bozo move really calls into question his integrity. Lost all respect for the guy.

uk_dolfan
01-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Teo was always going to be on the board he wont be a top 10 player he will go 15-20...

Aqua and Orange
01-16-2013, 07:34 PM
Jeff Ireland will draft his girlfriend.

jlfin
01-16-2013, 07:34 PM
No thanks. I think he's dropped to the late teens/early 20's. I know you shouldn't judge too much based on one game, but I just can't get over how ordinary he looked against Alabama. I know Alabama's O-line is dominant, but even when he got into the backfield he whiffed on so many tackles.
I think he will be a solid pro, but not a difference maker like a Patrick Willis.
12 is too high for him IMO.

SkapePhin
01-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Now, I suppose there is the possibility like he was duped like those poor schlubs who send over illegal goods to Nigeria in hopes of finally winning the heart of that super hot model chick in need who contact him out of the blue. But if that is the case, that calls into question his intelligence. You have to be a total derp to start falling in love with a chick you have never met and have no assurances is even real.

normaldude
01-16-2013, 07:35 PM
I don't think Joe Philbin will want a scam artist like that. Joe Philbin wants high character guys.

Hayden Fox
01-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Why do I want an overrated linebacker?

DeathStar
01-16-2013, 07:41 PM
He couldn't tackle NFL worthy talent against Alabama and now he is scumbag using this made up story for his Heisman and draft status...

**** him.

Slim
01-16-2013, 07:42 PM
This man is scum of the earth for what he did. I wouldn't want him in the 2nd round.

-=DolfanDave=-
01-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Teo was always going to be on the board he wont be a top 10 player he will go 15-20...

15-20? I could be wrong, but after this story I would put him more in the 35-40 range. Dude is coo coo for coco puffs.

normaldude
01-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Now, I suppose there is the possibility like he was duped like those poor schlubs who send over illegal goods to Nigeria in hopes of finally winning the heart of that super hot model chick in need who contact him out of the blue.

When those victims of Nigerian scams are interviewed, they admit that they never met the girl in person. Manti claimed that he met Lennay in California, and that they took trips to Hawaii together. Manti was part of the fraud.

WVDolphan
01-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Manti Teo is a joke. Teo's character still >>> Ray Lewis' character though.

One made a 3rd graders lie and built up a heisman push off of it. The other lied about people who actually were murdered.

ESPN is currently burying Teo. Just as soon as they finished with a segment on him, they go straight to some footage glorifying Ray Lewis. :bobdole:

finomenal
01-16-2013, 07:55 PM

One made a 3rd graders lie and built up a heisman push off of it. The other lied about people who actually were murdered.

ESPN is currently burying Teo. Just as soon as they finished with a segment on him, they go straight to some footage glorifying Ray Lewis. :bobdole:

But, but, he does that cool dance and he's a great linebacker! Plus he went to the U. Of course he's a great guy what are you talking about?

/sarcasm

ph0enyx
01-16-2013, 08:05 PM

Don't forget how amazing that quarterback who plays for Pittsburgh is. Or James Harrison, man that guy just wants to play hard nothing wrong with that.

miamiron
01-16-2013, 08:17 PM
It was all a cover up to hide the fact that Manti was/is gay

DudeleBroski
01-16-2013, 08:31 PM
The biggest troll job ive seen in a long time. Id be impressed if he didnt go about it in such a way that affects so many people. People probably related to him. I cant really look at him the same way.

But if his stock plummets and he keeps falling like vontaze last year, im not above spending a later pick on him.

Dolphinator530
01-16-2013, 08:35 PM
If this comes out that he was in on it and made it all up to manipulate the award voters and others NO NFL TEAM SHOULD DRAFT HIM. Jesus I have lost several family members and close friends to cancer this **** isnt a joke. Even if its proven to be made up some soulless NFL owner will draft him in the 1st round which is sad on several levels.

On a lighter note this makes Ogletree guaranteed #1 ILB, which i thought he already was GO DAWGS GO.

-=DolfanDave=-
01-16-2013, 08:42 PM
funniest thing i've seen about this story is a hashtag ... #NosuchDame

:lol2:

moonman
01-16-2013, 08:43 PM
I think the reaction over his performance in the title game may have been too knee-jerk, and now with this he might be a really good value pick wherever he falls.

KippyIA1354
01-16-2013, 08:51 PM
That Dude was a ragdoll on roller skates in the national championship game!! It just goes to show you how the Notre Dame and national media can overhype not only a player but the whole program! Manti Teo was exposed big time in the that game! He went against an NFL style offensive line and was stampeded all night!! I think he will fall far into the 3rd or 4th round because he's junk!

SkapePhin
01-16-2013, 08:52 PM

That would be absolutey tragic if true, but it kind of would make sense. A devoutly religious man existing in a world (football) that is dominated by machismo. I could see how a closeted gay man in such a situation would want to create a faux beard for himself to escape the discomfort that comes with being trapped in a world that will not accept him for who he is.

In fact, the only way for me to regain respect for this guy is if he were to come out and admit that he is a gay man who was trying to fake a reality in order to gain acceptance from his peers. But even that might not do it, because if that were the case, there would be absolutely no reason to invent the whole leukemia/death/sympathy angle.

roy_miami
01-16-2013, 09:10 PM
If this comes out that he was in on it and made it all up to manipulate the award voters and others NO NFL TEAM SHOULD DRAFT HIM. Jesus I have lost several family members and close friends to cancer this **** isnt a joke. Even if its proven to be made up some soulless NFL owner will draft him in the 1st round which is sad on several levels.

On a lighter note this makes Ogletree guaranteed #1 ILB, which i thought he already was GO DAWGS GO.

If true he should be barred from entering the NFL for a year.

mfish41
01-16-2013, 09:13 PM
Over/Under Jeff Ireland asks Teo if his gf was an imaginary prostitute?

PhinsPhan11
01-16-2013, 09:19 PM
That's nice, but we still shouldn't draft him.

Vaark
01-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Unless he can produce the exhumed corpse of his grandmother I'm calling BS on that one too!.

Dolfan3773
01-16-2013, 09:39 PM
I wonder if we email him those scam emails he will send us money?

Rocket2981
01-16-2013, 09:43 PM
We don't need a LB anyway...

JCane
01-16-2013, 10:03 PM
This story is irrelevant considering he was an average linebacker to begin with.

I don't want to waste the 12th overall pick on an average linebacker.

Miamifinz
01-16-2013, 10:11 PM
This is absolutely hilarious in the most sick way.

J. David Wannyheimer
01-16-2013, 10:15 PM
This entire story is amazing.

DefensiveEnd76
01-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Te'o was invisible vs. Alabama. I want a player who shows up big in big games. The Crimson Tide destroyed him.

Phins89
01-16-2013, 10:21 PM
Take Honeybadger before him. "Honeybadger don't care"

MRojas4
01-16-2013, 10:21 PM
So he made it all up or got punk'd MTV style?

AFCMiamiEast
01-16-2013, 10:24 PM
I have a hard time bringing any individual up whose integrity had ever stooped so low in college sports...what a f'ing bonehead. I look at him the same way I'd look at any other convict locked up, what a piece of human ****.

JCane
01-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Te'o was invisible vs. Alabama. I want a player who shows up big in big games. The Crimson Tide destroyed him.

Ironic word choice there...

Invisible.

:lol:

Ghetti17
01-16-2013, 10:29 PM
My guess is he doesn't just make it to us...rather...he flies right by to an unknown point. There is no established precedent for something like this...but...my guess is it will not go over well at all with decision makers in the NFL.

jared81
01-16-2013, 10:38 PM
Did he lie or was he made to believe his online girlfriend was real, only to find out she wasn't? From the report I saw on espn, they made it seemed like he was just some loser who had an online relationship. Someone explain?

J. David Wannyheimer
01-16-2013, 10:39 PM
Without knowing the truth, it's tough to determine if he is just dumb, suffers from severe social anxiety, or is trying to cover up the fact that he is gay. Bottom line, if teams think he can play, they will still draft him.

MarshallFin1
01-16-2013, 10:42 PM
he sucks, cant tackle worth a damn.

Ghetti17
01-16-2013, 10:51 PM
The guy told numerous media outlets about numerous face to face interaction with a woman that doesn't exist. He can't claim "elaborate hoax" due to a strictly "online" situation when he told numerous people they had met face to face. There is obviously some serious mental illness in play here and no GM is going to want to be responsible for drafting a player who, in a moment of detachment from reality, comes to minicamp and mows down the entire team in a shower of bullets. He's gonna slip well beyond the 12th pick. Well beyond.

Vertical Limit
01-16-2013, 11:17 PM
If it weren't for the money he's about to make for playing football, this story is enough to make you run away from everyone and never be heard of again. Now he's going to have this thing in his nightmares and have to answer it publicly to the press, friends, family and fans just seeing him walk by.

Embarrassing. I can just imagine this type of stuff eating him up subconsciously each time he goes to sleep at night. Just absolutely embarrassing.

By the way the guy is a Channing Crowder talent at linebacker. No thanks.

jason37
01-16-2013, 11:17 PM
He is a liability in coverage, but man can he backpedal!

I read that one on Profootballtalk. It was just too good not to post.

Miamifinz
01-16-2013, 11:24 PM
He is a liability in coverage, but man can he backpedal!

I read that one on Profootballtalk. It was just too good not to post.

My favorite one so far:

what do Eddie Lacy and lennay kekua have in common? @mteo_5 never hit it.

ph0enyx
01-16-2013, 11:41 PM
So our former Full Back said he met this girl

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/01/16/lennay-kekua-manti-teos-fake-dead-girlfriend-was-real-says-arizona-cardinals-fullback-reagan-mauia-who-claims-to-have-met-her/

Vertical Limit
01-16-2013, 11:54 PM

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/01/16/lennay-kekua-manti-teos-fake-dead-girlfriend-was-real-says-arizona-cardinals-fullback-reagan-mauia-who-claims-to-have-met-her/
:lol: Can this thing/person come up to the press already, I want to see what it looks like.

johngarry
01-16-2013, 11:56 PM
we need Ty Eifertů offense offense offense

TheWarriorFins
01-16-2013, 11:57 PM
You already know my stance on this. I hope he goes before we draft.

miamiron
01-16-2013, 11:58 PM

Our former fullback has brain damage from that drywall he went through

DphinBillkiller
01-17-2013, 12:00 AM
The guy clearly has some issues that makes him a risk with a high pick.

Miamifinz
01-17-2013, 12:11 AM
The guy clearly has some issues that makes him a risk with a high pick.

No matter how this plays out this guy is screwed when it comes to draft stock.

Let's say he's this elaborate hoaxster who did this all for publicity. It's sick, it's twisted and totally messed up and not a good representation for any NFL franchise. You can't trust him.

But maybe he's a gullible Mormon boy who got led along for years and years and years and was truly stupid enough to believe he was in a loving, deep, emotional relationship despite it being all phone calls and AIM chats (despite him saying they met). If he's this sheltered of a person how will he be able to make it in the NFL? It'll only get more hectic from this point onward. Oh yeah and he is still a liar.

Either scenario is equally hilarious and I can't wait to hear him elaborate on this whole thing. He probably needs to answer some emails from long lost Nigerian relatives and help them out first though.

TheWarriorFins
01-17-2013, 12:19 AM
Ignoring the hoax story, he was overrated to begin with. Either way this will affect his stock deservingly so.

Travis34
01-17-2013, 12:20 AM
Now, I suppose there is the possibility like he was duped like those poor schlubs who send over illegal goods to Nigeria in hopes of finally winning the heart of that super hot model chick in need who contact him out of the blue. But if that is the case, that calls into question his intelligence. You have to be a total derp to start falling in love with a chick you have never met and have no assurances is even real.

I hope thats the case and he's not a total f***ing nut scumbag

TheWarriorFins
01-17-2013, 12:31 AM
He's an average athlete, can't tackle in space, and can't shed blocks. All 3 starting LBs we have are better than him. AI can' believe some people thought he might go at 2 to Jax. Luckily GMs don't go based on media hype and watch their footage/bring them to work out.

state06
01-17-2013, 02:42 AM
Manti will be an ordinary player in the NFL. Book it

Awsi Dooger
01-17-2013, 03:22 AM
My dad was declining and I wasn't paying much attention to football at the time, but wow did that story strike me as unlikely. I remember hearing it for the first time in my kitchen and stopping in my tracks while shaking my head. I never would have guessed she didn't exist. But it was so abrupt yet so vague.

Teo is a very good player, someone who has been a star at every point of his career. That's the type you hope you can steal if conventional wisdom turns against him. Unfortunately I don't think the NFL will be as harsh as the typical fan.

reese13
01-17-2013, 03:44 AM
GF or no GF, Teo was always going to be there at 12. I wouldnt be shocked if he was still there for our 2nd round pick. Either way, i dont think we take an ILB at 12 and if we did, Ogletree would have to be it. I think he may already be gone too though. I think we need offensive skill players though. Real playmakers

number1fin
01-17-2013, 04:58 AM
And y'all ain't even know Te'o had an imaginary girlfriend and was a virgin till he turned 21, and now.........ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hooshoops
01-17-2013, 08:59 AM
ha ha ha...wild stuff...kid could have any coed at notre dame and he pulls this poor me self serving garbage...and yeah he was overrated to begin with...good college football player likely solid pro but all pro??? i'm not seeing it

j-off-her-doll
01-17-2013, 10:07 AM
I'd drop a 2nd on him. I never wanted him at 12. But I think you have to go after a player in a spot like that. He's a 1st Round talent, because he's good, and - prior to this incident - one of the surest bets in the draft. It's almost certain that he's going to be at least a good pro. If anything, I'm curious to see how this incident will impact his ability to lead, because that was one of his strongest points. His intangibles can make him a great pro. He was great at ND. Only way I don't take him at 42: a 1st Round WR falls, a 1st Round DE falls, or Warmack or Cooper fall. Either way, you're getting good value on him at that spot. He's a lame ass. A lot of NFL players are lame asses.

Chance29
01-17-2013, 10:27 AM

My thoughts as well after reading the story

retarmyfinfan
01-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Apparently he made up having a girlfriend he met over the internet, really who hasn't, and the guys on the radio are going crazy about how this will kill his draft stock. Think we should draft him and have Dansby and Burnett compete for the linebacker spot opposite Koa and then cut the loser?

Fall to us in the 5th round maybe. Want nothing to do with him.

Roman529
01-17-2013, 05:59 PM
Jeff Ireland will draft his girlfriend.

Damn you......now you made me laugh my ass off!!!!! :lol:

Birdmond
01-17-2013, 06:46 PM

I didn't want him before the incident and now I don't want him drafted by Miami even more.

keller377
01-17-2013, 10:45 PM
You are lucky he is such a nice guy or you could be sued for libel

Remember, there is just as much evidence that you are lying as Teo was.

As someone who has lost someone close to me to Leukemia, what he did was pretty low... Fake a relationship in order to gin up support for his Heisman campaign? Cancer is not something to eff around with. I witnessed first hand what that loss does to a family and circle of friends.

This bozo move really calls into question his integrity. Lost all respect for the guy.

enigmatics
01-18-2013, 12:09 PM
You are lucky he is such a nice guy or you could be sued for libel

Remember, there is just as much evidence that you are lying as Teo was.

Give me a break. LMFAO