PDA

View Full Version : I give you our Slot Receiver of the future.

UCF Nation
01-18-2013, 06:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci2K1xx6bmQ

Stedman Bailey in the third round would be a fantastic addition to our receiving core. He fits the WCO perfectly. He caught over 1600 + yard with 25 touchdowns.

Jennings+ Allen+ Bailey/Hartline = HNNNNG

Phinatic8u
01-18-2013, 06:20 PM
He'd go in the 2nd.

PlexGod
01-18-2013, 06:20 PM
Yeah if we had a WR corp like that i would poop myself. As much as it would be great i doubt it will happen. and what about bess? And didnt Bailey blow out his knee at the end of the year?

foozool13
01-18-2013, 06:22 PM
I wouldn't be upset with this pick. He is a pretty good deep threat.

JEDIJ007
01-18-2013, 06:34 PM
Bailey is better then Bess and Hartline.

rabjr
01-18-2013, 06:36 PM
I hope we take him in the second round.

Digital
01-18-2013, 06:40 PM
Bailey may well go in the 3rd and has a lot of talent. But honestly, the WR that dazzles you is this guy linked below. After you watch the Bailey footage, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxkQXlCAfE

adrianbello360
01-18-2013, 09:53 PM
Man everything I watch Coradelle Patterson play my opinion on him grows more and more. I honestly don't care if we have to "reach" for him at 12. Because this guy will make our team electric. Especially if we pair Him with S. Bailey or a FA WR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FinSince1971
01-18-2013, 11:19 PM
You guys want to see a legit threat?
Check Tayvon Austin. Explosive multi threat. He should be ONE of our picks. We need to target FA for our number one though. We need a plug and play, experienced NFL wide out there, not a rookie cross your fingers situation.

from my HTC One X

phinfan4life1
01-19-2013, 03:01 AM
Cordarelle Patterson is a first down waiting to happen!

Dr. Phin
01-19-2013, 04:02 AM
Bailey looks to be a better receiver than Patterson. Bailey uses his hands better and is better at catching over the shoulder. Patterson is more physical, but I believe Bailey will be the better pro.

muleyman
01-19-2013, 04:35 AM
Bailey looks to be a better receiver than Patterson. Bailey uses his hands better and is better at catching over the shoulder. Patterson is more physical, but I believe Bailey will be the better pro.
you need to do a little more research if you think he will be a better pro. Season ticket holding vol fan here, and I can tell you this kid is Julio jones with absolutely blazing speed. Makes tackles miss, great field vision and is an extremely fast learner. I'm praying we pick Patterson.

Birdmond
01-19-2013, 06:50 AM
I hope we take him in the second round.

I agree. There's no reason to take a chance.

cane6
01-19-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm tired of short WR's who are worthless in the red zone. Any WR we take in the first two rounds better be 6'0'' or taller. I've said it before, the West Virginia receivers don't know how to run NFL routes, it will be Ted Ginn 2.0

ckparrothead
01-19-2013, 04:54 PM
I think he's more than a slot receiver.

NUGap
01-19-2013, 05:00 PM
I've got a bit of data on a bunch of WRs that I intend to post later on. But because I like Bailey a lot, I have him down as the WR in the 1st tier (Allen, Bailey, Williams, Hopkins and Patterson) with the highest yards after the catch and more than triple the amount of red zone yardage than every other wide receiver. (EDIT: The RZ yardage is after I've adjusted for number of targets and quarterback inaccuracy) Take that for whatever it's worth.

ckparrothead
01-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Stedman Bailey is my 2nd favorite wide receiver in this Draft. He was in every way a better WIDE RECEIVER this year than Cordarrelle Patterson, but I do have Cordarrelle Patterson ahead of him on that dreaded "p" word, potential.

After that I have a bunch of guys in a cluster in Keenan Allen, Robert Woods, DeAndre Hopkins, Terrance Williams and Quinton Patton. That group is going to be tough to figure out.

jamvinny
01-19-2013, 05:07 PM
I really like Stedman Bailey and it would be fantastic if we land him.

He just is enjoyable to watch and has a canny knack of anticiapting the location of the ball. He is a true wide receiver in every sense and my favourite WR prospect since Hakeem Nicks.

Kdawg954
01-19-2013, 05:30 PM
If you are looking for Victor Cruz, you may find him in Stedman Bailey. Unlike Bess, Bailey is more than a slot WR, he's a guy that can go deep and hit homeruns also. The Steve Smith comparisons are SPOT on . . . he definitely has that capability. If he's around with that 2b pick . . . I'd be hardpressed not to jump on him. I don't see him making it to our pick in round 3.

1. Werner
2a. Woods
2b. Bailey

I'd be happy as hell

finfan54
01-19-2013, 09:03 PM
He'd go in the 2nd.

yep, i moved him in my draft. He is like Steve Smith IMO.

finfan54
01-19-2013, 09:11 PM
The one thing I like alot about Patterson is the way he sticks his foot in the ground multiple times in the open field. YAC.

Phinsfan93
01-20-2013, 12:24 AM
Bailey can be used anywhere which is why he is one of my favorite prospects in this draft.

MP-Omnis
01-20-2013, 01:08 AM
Patterson is a YAC machine. Looks like all the best parts of Brandon Marshall and Ted Ginn (speed) put together. In fact, I would try to trade down to pick up Patterson later, if possible.

NUGap
01-20-2013, 01:31 AM
Patterson is a YAC machine. Looks like all the best parts of Brandon Marshall and Ted Ginn (speed) put together. In fact, I would try to trade down to pick up Patterson later, if possible.

I'll throw out one other bit of data. Patterson's actual YAC is nearly identical to both Keenan Allen and DeAndre Hopkins. However, and this is a big however, that doesn't take into account his rushing yardage. Patterson definitely has that potential, but as of now his abilities after the catch aren't statistically different from the other WRs in the draft.

Mogwai
01-20-2013, 03:41 AM
Bailey's capable of more than just playing the slot. This is a draft without an uber WR prospect but there are so many potential stars in the gray area that makes it so intriguing. I'd like us to come out of this draft with 2 of Cordarelle, Stedman, Markus and Marquess. Injecting that explosiveness into our offense would fix a lot of what's been wrong.

dbeals05
01-20-2013, 11:10 AM
Bailey is going at the end of the first rd to the Patriots, perfect replacement for Welker.

next-year
01-21-2013, 08:02 AM
I'm tired of short WR's who are worthless in the red zone. Any WR we take in the first two rounds better be 6'0'' or taller. I've said it before, the West Virginia receivers don't know how to run NFL routes, it will be Ted Ginn 2.0

You obviously have never seen him play if you believe that stedman isn't an end zone threat. The fadeball to him was one of our safest and high percentage passes in the red zone to bailey. My comparison is he is a mixture of having Stevie Johnson's release and quick moves mixed with Michael crabtrees route running and ability to break tackles and fight for the ball.

Just watch stedman in his game against Morris Claiborne of lsu who is a stud. He went for 115 and a td as a sophomore

finfan54
01-22-2013, 08:47 PM
I like Patterson, I do, but I see alot of plays made on end arounds and special teams. I worry of people getting caught up in this like everyone got caught up on ted ginn. Ginn was electric too. got to the pros....not so much.

WR's scare the crap out of me every year. They are a dime a dozen, meaning there are dozens of receivers to choose from. I like Allen too, I just dont seem to quantify taking one early if there are others who can be dynamic as well? Robert Woods for example. Markus Wheaton certainly looks like a pro reciever to me. Among many others I havent even looked at yet.

Not seeing a receiver at 12 quite honestly unless there is something that seperates one from the other. Seriously, if we get a FA WR and sign Hartline, we really only need one more guy. A CB, DE, or TE would be more fesable with this deep draft. I am not so sure the hype on this guy will stick and maybe he drops to us in the second round. Then take him! Plus he has a short college career that I can see. He is definitely dynamic in the open field. Get Eifert on the team with him and he will be more so.