PDA

View Full Version : Brandon McGee, CB []_[]

Twitches Brew
01-19-2013, 01:44 PM
McGee, a Hurricane, looked great at east-west shrine practices according to reports. I Have no idea what his projected round will be, but he'll probably do great at the combine drills. We took two 'Canes last year, let's keep it going!

Russ Lande:
Players that impressed
1. Brandon McGee (http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205558326), CB, Miami (http://www.hurricanesports.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=28700&SPID=103763&SPSID=658365) (5106, 195 and 4.58): One of the standout performers this morning, McGee made two outstanding interceptions during today’s practice. Displaying loose hips and quick feet, he was able to flip hips to change directions easily. He consistently was quick reading and reacting to the play, which helped him to break and close fast. On both interceptions his jumping ability, body control and hands showed up as he high pointed the ball and made the interception over a receiver.

Tony Pauline:
Brandon McGee/CB/Miami: McGee's performance can simply be described as 'wow'. He looked terrific in drills then came away with a pair of impressive interceptions during scrimmage. McGee went up and stole the ball away from D.C. Jefferson on one pick, despite giving away six inches to the Rutgers tight end. McGee has been all over draft boards though most teams agree he has the underlying skills to play in the NFL

Kdawg954
01-19-2013, 02:00 PM
He had his best year this past season. He was really looking like a complete bust of a player. He has the measurables and he is talented. He's also a burner and we could definitely use speed in that secondary. He's a guy I'm looking at in day 3. We seem to have a solid group of DB coaches on this team.

SF Dolphin Fan
01-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Nice late rounder.

JCane
01-20-2013, 12:41 PM
Nice late rounder.

He'll move himself up with his combine. He'll be one of the fastest guys there. Teams will take notice.

And the one thing about Miami players is that they're poorly coached of late. So you can get a kid with a boatload of talent in a later round and then give him proper coaching and he's a contributing starter.

His speed is what jumps off the page for a lot of people. With the NFL slanting rules in favor of the offense and defensive backs having to change the way they play the game, you need young players who can keep up and shift quickly. And that's what McGee does very well.

2413fanphins
01-20-2013, 02:36 PM
I haven't seen him any higher than a fifth round pick... but I have mocked him here and there in my mocks I have been doing since november.

i think at the very least he'd be a good depth and ST player.

DKphin
01-20-2013, 07:17 PM
He had his best year this past season. He was really looking like a complete bust of a player. He has the measurables and he is talented. He's also a burner and we could definitely use speed in that secondary. He's a guy I'm looking at in day 3. We seem to have a solid group of DB coaches on this team.
I would not call 4.58 a burner.

Twitches Brew
01-20-2013, 07:22 PM
I have no idea where that time came from, but it's definitely inaccurate. Sorry, I shouldve noted that in the OP. I'll be surprised if he runs slower than a 4.41.

Kdawg954
01-20-2013, 07:31 PM

That probably was 4.38 . . . he's definnitely one of the fastest guys at this combine.

finfan54
01-22-2013, 11:03 PM
well well welll, and the Hurricane pipeline has already started.

I have been wondering lately if we could just go get our two WR's in round two (my boy Eifert in 1st) and be done with it and then get a nice CB prospect after.

JCane
01-23-2013, 09:47 AM

He's a burner.

Believe that.