PDA

View Full Version : Still think he's the best receiver in the draft.

Phinsfan93
01-20-2013, 12:33 AM
If it wasn't for some personal issues he'd be a 1st rounder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrwg7jKMW_Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM2OcHf6ias

Had 813 yards and 5 TDs in 2012 missing the last 3 games. Needs to add like 10-15 lbs though imo.

MP-Omnis
01-20-2013, 12:44 AM
Looks like AJ Green without the length.

Mogwai
01-20-2013, 03:52 AM
He's an awesome talent. The character issues are wildly overblown. Leach is a scumbag. I don't hold it against Marquess for not putting up with it. It's a shame its going to knock his career back. I hope we show some savvy and use his slide to our advantage by picking him up. Unfortunately, Ireland comes from the Parcells school so he probably devalues players who mind being treated like ****.

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

Looks like AJ Green without the length.
He's 6'4.

Hayden Fox
01-20-2013, 09:22 AM
Patterson is the guy.

jlfin
01-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Don't know much about the guy as I don't watch much PAC 12 football. But, you failed to provide sufficient video evidence to support your contention that he's the best WR in the draft. Patterson is far more impressive.

Mudder1310
01-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Wilson came into 2012 as perhaps the best WR in the Pac-12, which is saying something with the talent pool. Leach's system of player management didn't work for him and it showed this season. Can he be coached? Probably. Does he have NFL skills? Certainly.

SF Dolphin Fan
01-20-2013, 12:34 PM
There are two very intriguing receivers who will go lower than their talent suggests. You hit on one with Marques Wilson. The other is Da'Rick Rogers. I think the Dolphins would have no reservations about drafting Wilson, but I would be surprised if Philibin took a chance on Rogers.

mmikel30
01-20-2013, 12:48 PM
rodgers is the better talent ' but has far more issues.

SF Dolphin Fan
01-20-2013, 02:36 PM
rodgers is the better talent ' but has far more issues.Agree. Rodgers has that TO type of talent. I think you'd need to have a real strong group of vets to draft him.

ckparrothead
01-20-2013, 05:21 PM
Extremely underrated. But you don't want to grab him in the 2nd if he's destined to fall to the 4th.

cane6
01-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Best receiver in the draft,HA. He's not even the best in the PAC 10/12. I'd argue that K. Allen or M. Wheaton are and/or will be better pros than M. Wilson

PJack
01-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Extremely underrated. But you don't want to grab him in the 2nd if he's destined to fall to the 4th.

Assuming he clears the various NFL GM questions and investigation, do you really think he falls to the 4th? No doubt the WA St thing drops him, but unless he get's pegged as an incorrigible problem child, I don't think he gets out of the 2nd. Love it if we get him in the latter 2nd, assuming he passes the character concerns, because that guy can play.

ckparrothead
01-20-2013, 11:28 PM
Assuming he clears the various NFL GM questions and investigation, do you really think he falls to the 4th? No doubt the WA St thing drops him, but unless he get's pegged as an incorrigible problem child, I don't think he gets out of the 2nd. Love it if we get him in the latter 2nd, assuming he passes the character concerns, because that guy can play.

Crowded WR class, and quitting on your team usually costs you.

Wildbill3
01-20-2013, 11:41 PM
I can absolutely see grabbing 2 or 3 Wrs in the 1st 3 rounds. if this guy is there for the late 3rd you take a long look at him, and draft him in the fourth.

CANDolphan
01-20-2013, 11:45 PM
With regards to the situation surrounding them, I get a real Mike Williams (Syracuse) vibe from the Wilson situation.

They are entirely different receivers, so don't misunderstand what I'm saying. But if he's there in the bottom of the 3rd I absolutely grab him. What a steal that'd be.

Phinsfan93
01-21-2013, 12:55 AM
Don't know much about the guy as I don't watch much PAC 12 football. But, you failed to provide sufficient video evidence to support your contention that he's the best WR in the draft. Patterson is far more impressive.

Patterson has tons of video because
A. He's a very good after the catch.
B. He's on the same team with Justin Hunter
and C. He has a supposed NFL quality QB in Tyler Bray.

Wilson has A but not B and C so I'm sorry I can't provide you with more evidence. From the games I watched, because I use to think WSU's QB Jeff Tuel would be a good prospect, Wilson always stood out and made plays. Patterson is far more impressive as an athlete I'll give you that NFL, but Wilson is the better receiver.

finfan54
01-21-2013, 09:07 AM
He's an awesome talent. The character issues are wildly overblown. Leach is a scumbag. I don't hold it against Marquess for not putting up with it. It's a shame its going to knock his career back. I hope we show some savvy and use his slide to our advantage by picking him up. Unfortunately, Ireland comes from the Parcells school so he probably devalues players who mind being treated like ****.

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

He's 6'4.

you mean guys like jimmy wilson?

Mogwai
01-21-2013, 10:31 AM
you mean guys like jimmy wilson?
Not even remotely comparable situations. It's not that Ireland has an unwillingness to bring in players with character concerns, it's that Marquess' resistance to abusive coaching styles is anti-Parcellsian.

Canadi-Phin
01-21-2013, 11:56 AM
So Patterson in the 1st, Bailey late 2nd and Wilson in the 4th. That I'm buying.

xXwarXx
01-21-2013, 12:10 PM
If I'm even thinking of taking a wr with attitude problems it's going to be Da'rick. Hands down, he easily could be the guy that gms say afterwards, "if I drafted him I would still have a job today."

Fin Thirteen
01-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Really tough to know what you're gonna get with Wilson. On one hand Leach is out of touch and a one-trick pony. On the other, there's no smoke without fire - Wilson's bad attitude around training and improvement is not something that's guaranteed to vanish.

He had a very poor QB last season in that kid Lobestahl or something - so potentially his production on the field could be even better than he put out last year.

I don't really see Mike "if it was down to me I'd cut your ass" Sherman being the type to tolerate a bad attitude to authority and an unwillingness to improve the way his coaches want him to. So, I'm not sure I'd see Miami taking that risk. He might turn out to be the hardest worker on the roster, but there's no way of knowing that before the draft.

He is a good prospect though. Drops his share of catchable balls, but has a lot going for him in length, burst off the line, lateral agility.

datruth55
01-21-2013, 12:21 PM
I've looked at 10 different player rankings and he's not ranked in 6 of them and the highest ranking is 66th which puts him in the early 3rd round. I think he'll be there in the 4th depending on his workout at the combine.

finfan54
01-21-2013, 10:58 PM
Not even remotely comparable situations. It's not that Ireland has an unwillingness to bring in players with character concerns, it's that Marquess' resistance to abusive coaching styles is anti-Parcellsian.

My point is that ireland will do his due diligence. That is the one thing I like about him. He wont write off a talent, he will investigate because if he can steal in in 5th round he looks like a genius.

finfan54
01-21-2013, 11:02 PM
I can absolutely see grabbing 2 or 3 Wrs in the 1st 3 rounds. if this guy is there for the late 3rd you take a long look at him, and draft him in the fourth.

Only if Hartline is not resigned and a high profile FA WR is not picked up. And that will leave alot of learning of the offense to many rooks. slow start IMO. Hartline is huge IMO.

Mogwai
01-22-2013, 12:17 AM
So Patterson in the 1st, Bailey late 2nd and Wilson in the 4th. That I'm buying.
Wow. I realize we have more needs than just WR, but that's damn beautiful. It would be impossible not to get excited by that scenario. That becomes viable if we don't go after a WR in FA, it would even make resigning Hartline unrealistic. But what a crazy amount of explosive young talent it would add. We'd still have another 2nd and 2 3rds to play with. That first 2nd could be an Eifert or Ertz or Hunt or Brown or Long. Those 3rds could address the secondary with Rambo or Trufant and maybe best OL available or maybe a Leveon Bell pick. We'd have picked up my 3 favorite WRs in this draft and still have flexibility to address other needs.