PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins meeting with prospects!

Fin_Frenzy_84
01-21-2013, 01:08 PM
So far I have seen Landry Jones and Kenjon Barner!
If you guys know anyone else post them on here!

Mudder1310
01-21-2013, 01:30 PM
Barner and Miller would be an interesting 1-2 backfield. Jones....he's a career backup in my mind. Of course the team is going to do all the due diligence required, not only so they don't miss out on players but to shadow their focus from other teams.

ckparrothead
01-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Heard Denard Robinson

matt11390
01-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Are these meetings happening at the senior bowl practices?

2413fanphins
01-21-2013, 08:15 PM
if this gets big enough we should request a sticky thread... this could get pretty damn big...

DefensiveEnd76
01-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Yeah and they'll meet with another 150 players before the draft. Meeting with a player doesn't mean jack.

silverfin
01-21-2013, 10:17 PM
could the fins meeting with qbs be an indication that they'll be rolling w/ pat devlin as backup next year?

showstopper
01-21-2013, 11:09 PM
Were seen talking to the Marshall receiver Sunday night

SF Dolphin Fan
01-21-2013, 11:18 PM
Barner and Miller would be an interesting 1-2 backfield. Jones....he's a career backup in my mind. Of course the team is going to do all the due diligence required, not only so they don't miss out on players but to shadow their focus from other teams.We should just go out and get the Oregon playmakers, Barner and Wheaton. Also, Kyle Long for LG.

uk_dolfan
01-21-2013, 11:27 PM
They will probably speak to a hundred players, having a meaning with any specific one means little

Mudder1310
01-21-2013, 11:48 PM
We should just go out and get the Oregon playmakers, Barner and Wheaton. Also, Kyle Long for LG.

Dion Jordan and Jordan Poyer as well. A team could have a very solid draft going all Pac-12 north this season.

Geforce
01-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Tyrann Mathieu
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/22/3193921/tyrann-mathieu-seeks-a-chance.html

At the very least, the Dolphins are intrigued by his potential. Team scouts had casual conversations with Mathieu prior to this week, and the organization had a meeting planned with him Monday evening.

If Mathieu can stay clean, there’s plenty to like. He was college football’s defensive player of the year and a Heisman Trophy finalist his sophomore season. Although just 5-9, Mathieu created 14 turnovers in just 26 games with the Tigers. He also averaged 15.6 yards per punt return, bringing two back for touchdowns.

He probably projects as a nickel corner in the NFL, and the Dolphins might be a good fit. They allowed 248 passing yards per game last year and forced just 16 turnovers, fewest in franchise history.

“I’m a Dolphin fan; they need some excitement,” Lawlor said. “He is a kid who will bring total excitement, not only to the team, but to the fan base.”

datruth55
01-22-2013, 12:32 PM
“I’m a Dolphin fan; they need some excitement,” Lawlor said. “He is a kid who will bring total excitement, not only to the team, but to the fan base.”
And the local police.

hooshoops
01-22-2013, 12:42 PM
i like mathieu as a nickle corner personally...miamis just doing homewwork there most likely...althougn don't blow off who they meet with as means nothing stuff cause ireland rarely drafts a guy he hasn't spent time with...or the organization hasn't...so who miami meets with and invites to the facility and the college day where like 25 prospects can visit or whatever # it is matters

Fin Thirteen
01-22-2013, 12:47 PM
althougn don't blow off who they meet with as means nothing stuff cause ireland rarely drafts a guy he hasn't spent time with...or the organization hasn't...so who miami meets with and invites to the facility and the college day where like 25 prospects can visit or whatever # it is matters

This is the point. It isn't so much about who they talk to as who they don't, because if you haven't met them you're not getting drafted by them.

2413fanphins
01-22-2013, 01:00 PM
I'm not 100% against matthieu coming to miami. To say he intrigues me is a vast understatement.

justdev7
01-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Were seen talking to the Marshall receiver Sunday night

Dobson is gonna be a steal for someone

finfan54
01-22-2013, 02:30 PM
What did Mathieu do?

Geforce
01-22-2013, 02:43 PM
What did Mathieu do?

Mathieu, the dynamic cornerback from LSU, is the ultimate red-flag case. Les Miles kicked him off the team just before his junior season, reportedly after failing multiple drug tests. Two months later, Mathieu hit rock bottom, arrested on charges of marijuana possession.
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/22/3193921/tyrann-mathieu-seeks-a-chance.html

Mudder1310
01-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Matthieu had a chance to repair much of his rep but blew that as well. He was in a terrific rehab program but failed. Soon after involved in another dope arrest as his apt. I'd have to say no. Not just because of his off field issues, but his coverage is just decent at best. He could be a terrific return guy and maybe nickel corner.

uk_dolfan
01-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Im with Joe when it comes to character... But if we can get Mathieu in the fifth or sixth round then I would be delighted.

If he grows up, puts his head down and works then great! If not then cut him, its only a sixth round pick. Lots of potental gain and relatively little risk imo.

PSU Cane
01-23-2013, 12:41 AM
A month ago i would have said that Mathieu was off my board. But after watching him on ESPN, i truly think he did hit rock bottom and realizes how much football means to him....either that or he's a great actor. That's not to say he won't screw up again once he has money, but at this point i'm inclined to at least consider him later in the draft. The interview process will be HUGE for him.

j-off-her-doll
01-23-2013, 09:33 AM
Im with Joe when it comes to character... But if we can get Mathieu in the fifth or sixth round then I would be delighted.

If he grows up, puts his head down and works then great! If not then cut him, its only a sixth round pick. Lots of potental gain and relatively little risk imo.

UDFA. With his baggage and physical limitations, I can't spend even a 7th on him. Those picks do count.