PDA

View Full Version : Don't They Ever Learn? Jets Hire QB Coach David Lee, Another Fins Throw-Away

Vaark
01-21-2013, 01:57 PM
cuz obviously he did such a stellar job with Henne and Ryan Fitz. It's comforting to know David will be mentoring Suckchez and any QB draft picks they make.

What's Wrecks' fixation with anything Fins all about (penis envy?) ?

TheJetsBlow
01-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Roflmao, awesome. If any coach can actually get Sanchez to throw MORE interceptions, it's David Lee.

Daytona Fin
01-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Is pennington still tutoring sanchez?

Ben Had
01-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Looks like they may keep Tebow now...Lee will want to work that Wild Cat:lol:

MadDog 88
01-21-2013, 02:42 PM
I am sure we are about to hear from our little green troll some obscure information that reflects what a great hire the Jets made. Seriously, Rex didnt learn anything from the Sparano hire?

SpurzN703
01-21-2013, 05:15 PM
I'm sure we'll hear that the QB coach has nothing to do with the QB. It will be their new OC who has had success in the 15 years he's been in the league who will be responsible for developing Elite Sanchez.

Vaark
01-21-2013, 05:23 PM
yeah, Morningwood is the QB whisperer - like he did such a great job preparing Kevin Kolb and AJ Feeley once they were out of the Andy Reed offensive cocoon. If he was all that, why didn't Andy, who knew him best, bring him along instead of Doug Pederson to try to salvage Cassel?

Of course the rationalization of hiring a two time loser will be that Henne and Ryan Fitz are not on The Taco's level (actually most jest fans wish that Sanchez was on Henne's level presently) and look what a good job he did in 08 resurrecting Penny's career (as if Chad listened to a thing he had to say).

nyjunc
01-21-2013, 05:27 PM
I've never seen people so obsessed w/ another team, it's downright comical(as usuall vaark is only funny when he's not trying to be).

Please explain vaark the postives and negatives of David lee as a QB coach?

Locke
01-21-2013, 05:49 PM
I've never seen people so obsessed w/ another team, it's downright comical(as usuall vaark is only funny when he's not trying to be).

See: Chad Henne, Pat White

Self-explanatory...

Vaark
01-21-2013, 05:58 PM

Sure:

Positives: he's still coaching opposing QBs
Negatives: the results speak for themself: he has failed to improve any NFL QB's performance assigned to work with and if anything has contributed to their regression. (but then again how much more can The Taco regress). As a result, he has been kicked to the curb twice. He has demonstrated that he is neither effective in developing raw QBs or improving experienced ones. When you're fired by The Meatball or hired by Chan Gailey for that matter, do I really need to say more?

You can try to refute that all you want but not having seen his handiwork up close and personal week after week, you'd be embarrassing yourself to suggest otherwise to any of us. I did go through this exercise a year or so ago with a Buffalo fan laboring under the false impression that he could actually fix Fitz (who ironically is in need of a lot less repair than Buttchez).

Happy now?

13ktownguy
01-22-2013, 12:04 AM

He's an ex dolphin coach of course we're interested! Not obsessed...think before you post for Gods sake!

Ben Had
01-22-2013, 08:27 AM

I find it comical that you have 23k posts on a dolphins forum and talk about obsessed!!!!

You are one jelous jet fan!

Good luck with Lee...maybe he can install the wildcat for Tebow.

nyjunc
01-22-2013, 09:31 AM
See: Chad Henne, Pat White

Self-explanatory...

Pat White isn't fair, he was never going to be an NFL QB.

Chad henne was much better when he had Lee, so much so that the majority of this board was convinced he was going to be a very good starter in this league.

Did you notice how much worse Henne was in 2011 than he was in '09 & '10?

He's an ex dolphin coach of course we're interested! Not obsessed...think before you post for Gods sake!

he's been away from Miami for years now and the poster who started the thread is completely obsessed w/ the Jets.

we could hire Vince Lombardi and he'd say it was a bad move.

I find it comical that you have 23k posts on a dolphins forum and talk about obsessed!!!!

You are one jelous jet fan!

Good luck with Lee...maybe he can install the wildcat for Tebow.

I find it interesting that you have been here since 2004, never post and just joined at TGG to stalk me there. I wonder why that is?

Vaark
01-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Too funny... Henne was best this past season away from Henning and Daboll, and played at a level in Jacksonville the jest fans would have loved to see from Sanchez. Henne didn't regress when Lee left, he played at basically the same better than sanchez but worse than average level as before. However, if you wanna make a case that he played worse which is incorrect, it would be because he was now executing Daboll's offensive playcalling, not Henning's. Fitz was better pre-Lee period!!!

It's predictable that the biggest homer on the most homerisitc jest board and spin meister here, would automatically defend the hire of someone who was kicked to the curb twice in 2 years because the jest never can do wrong from his homer view perpsective. When was the last time our Resident Troll criticized anything jets???

Junk with his 23thousand lastworditis OCD posts talks about others being obsessed. I don't see any enemy fans on TGG or JI with even a few thousand posts let alone tens of thousands. When our kicker gifted the game to the jest, it was junk who flitted around from FH forum to forum with close to 200 posts in less than 48 hours trying to crowbar in his lastworditis spin to counter the realities being observed.

For this OCD walking petri dish of dysfunctionality to label anyone else "obsessed" is as patently absurd as his accusations of "whining" when I know for a fact that's what he does here behind the scenes to a point of distraction. Too ****ing funny. Is anyone surprised he'd stick up for Lee when we all know that he'd have plenty of criticism if it had been us who just hired a failure like that.

nyjunc
01-22-2013, 11:04 AM
you just don't have any idea what you are talking about, i'm sure you saw the Texans highlights and base your opinions on that.

number1fin
01-22-2013, 11:18 AM
I've never seen peopleLeave the nest and maybe you will...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/11971008431295487417johnny_automatic_man-1.png

SpurzN703
01-22-2013, 11:24 AM

It's one thing to discuss a rival AFC East team on this board. It's another to be a fan of said rival AFC East team on this board for almost 9 years.

Daytona Fin
01-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Chad henne was much better when he had Lee, so much so that the majority of this board was convinced he was going to be a very good starter in this league.

Did you notice how much worse Henne was in 2011 than he was in '09 & '10?

Henne , was actually progressing w/o lee. Before the season ending injury in game 4 he was playing a lot better than before(not saying much). Henne was running with the ball successfully something lee couldn't achieve.

Go ahead and prorate his numbers in 2011 and compare to 2009-10

nyjunc
01-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Henne , was actually progressing w/o lee. Before the season ending injury in game 4 he was playing a lot better than before(not saying much). Henne was running with the ball successfully something lee couldn't achieve.

Go ahead and prorate his numbers in 2011 and compare to 2009-10

actually he wasn't, that was the company line b/c he had nice #s in garbage time against NE week 1 but he led you to 0-3, the only game you scored more than 17 pts was a blowout loss where you scored a garbage time TD and he had a TO in every game.

Prorating his 2011 #s he would have had 16 TDs, 16 INTs, 54%, 3472 yds, 0-16 record

Vaark
01-22-2013, 02:28 PM
too funny.. the jest homer telling us about Henne using fantasy pro-rata numbers and invoking the same kind of "garbage time" puffery he refuses to acknowledge from Taco.... to spin his angle that Lee wasn't as awful as we know him to be.. but refusing to listen to any of our objective criticism of Sanchez, statistically the worst 4 year starting QB since JaMarcus.

You can't make this **** up.

Ben Had
01-22-2013, 02:30 PM
I find it interesting that you have been here since 2004, never post and just joined at TGG to stalk me there. I wonder why that is?

Stalk you because I post on TGG? Dont flatter yourself...do you think your the only person that is a member of multiple boards? I've been a member here as long as you have but I dont have 23K posts...maybe your stalking me?

Daytona Fin
01-22-2013, 02:36 PM
actually he wasn't, that was the company line b/c he had nice #s in garbage time against NE week 1 but he led you to 0-3, the only game you scored more than 17 pts was a blowout loss where you scored a garbage time TD and he had a TO in every game.

Prorating his 2011 #s he would have had 16 TDs, 16 INTs, 54%, 3472 yds, 0-16 record

Make sure to prorate and disregard all of his garbage time numbers in '09-10 also. Can't have it both ways.

Make sure to prorate his rushing totals too which would have prorated over 5x what he got under lee.

MadDog 88
01-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Make sure to prorate and disregard all of his garbage time numbers in '09-10 also. Can't have it both ways.

Make sure to prorate his rushing totals too which would have prorated over 5x what he got under lee.How stupid is prorating stats. Unreal.

nyjunc
01-22-2013, 02:39 PM

Make sure to prorate his rushing totals too which would have prorated over 5x what he got under lee.

so you wanted a running QB? so the increase in rush yds was worth the decrease in wins? he was not good in 2011, he was not as good as 2009 or 2010.

Interesting #, in games where had more than 10 yds rushing his teams went 1-11, good decision to trun him into a runner.

nyjunc
01-22-2013, 02:43 PM
How stupid is prorating stats. Unreal.

it's not really that stupid, folks like you guys post "Flacco has 16 TDs, sanchez only 9" and think Flacco has been better. Would it be better if I prorated down for Flacco? first 6 games of postseason career? Flacco just played his 10th, 11th and 12th postseason games and 8 of his 16 TDs came in those 3 games. Coming into this postseason he had played 3 more postseason games than sanchez and threw 1 less TD and 5 more INTs but clearly Flacco has been better:lol:

Vertical Limit
01-22-2013, 02:44 PM
I guess this means they're going to keep Tim Tebow. Lee was the one who brought the wildcat to the Dolphins, he coached McFadden in Arkansas I believe and McFadden ran a lot of wildcat.

nyjunc
01-22-2013, 02:47 PM
I guess this means they're going to keep Tim Tebow. Lee was the one who brought the wildcat to the Dolphins, he coached McFadden in Arkansas I believe and McFadden ran a lot of wildcat.

I don't think so, I will be very surprised if they keep him.

Daytona Fin
01-22-2013, 02:48 PM
so you wanted a running QB? so the increase in rush yds was worth the decrease in wins? he was not good in 2011, he was not as good as 2009 or 2010.

Interesting #, in games where had more than 10 yds rushing his teams went 1-11, good decision to trun him into a runner.

Never said I wanted a running qb. I am new to this proration format and I am sure others are too , so give us some time to adjust to the new formulas of skewing meaningless fantasy stats.

nyjunc
01-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Never said I wanted a running qb. I am new to this proration format and I am sure others are too , so give us some time to adjust to the new formulas of skewing meaningless fantasy stats.

again, you guys are missing the point- probably just trying to deflect as usual. The prorating was done b/c simple minded fans see 16 TDs vs. 9 and think the guy w/ 16 was much better. That's not the case but you guys don't watch football so I guess it is a lost cause.

SpurzN703
01-22-2013, 03:07 PM
again, you guys are missing the point- probably just trying to deflect as usual. The prorating was done b/c simple minded fans see 16 TDs vs. 9 and think the guy w/ 16 was much better. That's not the case but you guys don't watch football so I guess it is a lost cause.

It's in favor that Flacco has been to the postseason more than Sanchez b/c that shows how much better Flacco and his team has been. Flacco playing in twice as many playoff games than Sanchez has is proof he's better.

nyjunc
01-22-2013, 03:17 PM
It's in favor that Flacco has been to the postseason more than Sanchez b/c that shows how much better Flacco and his team has been. Flacco playing in twice as many playoff games than Sanchez has is proof he's better.

his team? absolutely it's been better, give them the same weapons and it would be fair. Bal has forced 26 TOs in 12 games, that is a ridiculous # and one that greatly benefits a QB.

SpurzN703
01-22-2013, 04:35 PM
his team? absolutely it's been better, give them the same weapons and it would be fair. Bal has forced 26 TOs in 12 games, that is a ridiculous # and one that greatly benefits a QB.

Your team has the same opportunity to sign FAs and draft the same players as Baltimore does. It isn't Flacco's fault that his defense is good. You're so flawed in where you give credit to players, it's insane.

nyjunc
01-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Your team has the same opportunity to sign FAs and draft the same players as Baltimore does. It isn't Flacco's fault that his defense is good. You're so flawed in where you give credit to players, it's insane.

I give Flacco a ton of credit, he's played really well but a month ago Bal fans wanted him gone, people were questioning him as a bust and that was insane. he hasn't been getting better each year either but his fall has been cushioned due to more talent around him.

I would love to see the comments from you guys on Flacco a month ago when Bal was struggling and he was playing poorly.

teemu7
01-22-2013, 05:20 PM
If joe flacco wins the Super Bowl, he will be he best player of all time because if he plays 10 more seasons, he will win 10 more titles..prorating stats and wins and losses is the same thing. Do you know understand why this is completely illogical?

You are arguing and using things THAT DON'T EXIST

Vaark
01-22-2013, 05:46 PM
It's so ridiculous getting drawn in to debate Flacco vs The Taco with such a Sanchez sycophant. They were never comparable... but today on the open market Flacco could probably garner a bounty of at least 2 1sts, while if the jest could get a 5th for Suckchez, Itzdick should take the money and run!

phins_4_ever
01-22-2013, 06:40 PM

Says the troll who is hanging around here all the time. Oh the irony.

phins_4_ever
01-22-2013, 06:43 PM
it's not really that stupid, folks like you guys post "Flacco has 16 TDs, sanchez only 9" and think Flacco has been better. Would it be better if I prorated down for Flacco? first 6 games of postseason career? Flacco just played his 10th, 11th and 12th postseason games and 8 of his 16 TDs came in those 3 games. Coming into this postseason he had played 3 more postseason games than sanchez and threw 1 less TD and 5 more INTs but clearly Flacco has been better:lol:

And I thought QB stats are meaningless.

You are such a tool.