PDA

View Full Version : russ lande top 200 prospects

fanfin
01-22-2013, 02:07 AM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFPS-Top-200-Draft-Prospects-Version-40.html
interesting he has Keenan Allen #5 Quinton Patton#15 Tavon Austin #18 Robert Woods #22 Cordarrale Patterson #27 and Terrance Williams #30

j-off-her-doll
01-22-2013, 02:54 AM
Interesting that he has Ball that high and Taylor that low. I like both and have a hard time deciding on which I prefer.

RockyMtnPhinfan
01-22-2013, 10:20 AM
ILB is an area of strength (more than i realized) in this draft. Don't you guys think we need to draft an ILB for the future? Burnett and Mush Mouth aren't getting any younger!

J Tes
01-22-2013, 11:34 AM
I've always felt that KeKe Mingo was overrated but 60?

ticophin
01-22-2013, 11:39 AM
I,d target Kiko Alonso with 1 of our 3rds...

Fin Thirteen
01-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Kiko ALonso at #28???

Man, I like this kid a lot, been talking about him for a long time. But that is an unreal draft grade.

finfan54
01-22-2013, 02:40 PM
OMG! If DEmontre Moore is ranked there, what a friggin steal! Hope he makes it to us at 12. Thats a no brainer for me.

kcbrown
01-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Ok, so out of that list, out of our 5 picks - I want two WR's taken within the first three rounds.

Assuming that Ireland also wants two WR's. These are the top WR's from the list you posted:

Robert Woods, USC
Tavon Austin, WV
Terrance Williams, Baylor
DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson
Cobi Hamilton, ARK
Justin Hunter, TEN
Keenan Allen, CAL
Quinton Patton, LT
Coradelle Patterson, TEN
Stedman Bailey, WV
Aaron Dobson, Marshall
Chris Harper, K-State
DaRick Rodgers, Ten Tech
Corey Fuller, VT
Kenny Stills, OKLA

Can we please get TWO WR's from this list on this team!? (Swope is later down the list, I'd take him too.)

finfan54
01-22-2013, 02:51 PM
why does 2 WR's need to be taken in first 3 rounds? Alot of this depends on two things IMO 1. FA WR 2. Resigning Hartline

But Bailey and Swope would be nice fit and big stuff happening IMO.

hooshoops
01-22-2013, 03:01 PM
that guy should be smacked for having mingo that low...:lol:

Emanauguste
01-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Two big receivers patterson and hunter Tennessee im always right

kcbrown
01-22-2013, 04:01 PM
why does 2 WR's need to be taken in first 3 rounds? Alot of this depends on two things IMO 1. FA WR 2. Resigning Hartline

But Bailey and Swope would be nice fit and big stuff happening IMO.

True...I just think we need many playmakers. Adding a FA WR + 2 from the draft would be nice. Re-sign Hartline and I hope Matthews or Binns steps up. Of course, we keep Bess as well.

Fin Thirteen
01-22-2013, 05:07 PM
I know the draft order is always a bit of a moveable feast until after the Combine, but it really feels like the gap between top and bottom of the draft is closer than normal. Not many elite contenders, not many scrubs, no QBs of note at all, plenty of choice at most positions depending on schemes and preferences.

Compare Lande's top 200 to, say gnbreport's version and players are just all over the place. Consensus is thin on the ground.

finfan54
01-22-2013, 05:37 PM
True...I just think we need many playmakers. Adding a FA WR + 2 from the draft would be nice. Re-sign Hartline and I hope Matthews or Binns steps up. Of course, we keep Bess as well.

I certainly see doing that if no FA WR taken but not completely neccessary. It amazing every year who the guys are that fall into late rounds.

I wonder where Markus Wheaton will be taken?

fanfin
01-22-2013, 09:54 PM
Ok, so out of that list, out of our 5 picks - I want two WR's taken within the first three rounds.

Assuming that Ireland also wants two WR's. These are the top WR's from the list you posted:

Robert Woods, USC
Tavon Austin, WV
Terrance Williams, Baylor
DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson
Cobi Hamilton, ARK
Justin Hunter, TEN
Keenan Allen, CAL
Quinton Patton, LT
Coradelle Patterson, TEN
Stedman Bailey, WV
Aaron Dobson, Marshall
Chris Harper, K-State
DaRick Rodgers, Ten Tech
Corey Fuller, VT
Kenny Stills, OKLA

Can we please get TWO WR's from this list on this team!? (Swope is later down the list, I'd take him too.)

would love a trio of a newly signed Greg Jennings and Keenan Allen and Aaron Dobson

Digital
01-24-2013, 02:05 AM
I always like reading Russ' stuff, but I'm guessing his rankings aren't very mainstream this year. I mean, Keenan Allen at 5 and Jarvis Jones at 38? Mingo at 60? Those rankings could prove to be accurate eventually, but he's really going out on a lot of limbs IMHO.

cullenbigcstill
01-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Maybe he saw Mingo over running plays and falling to the ground too much. I know he is explosive and has tremendous athletic ability, but I just came away this year thinking he regressed. He was much more effective the year before IMO. I don't believe that drops him to 60! If your a 3-4 team you'd be crazy to not select him after the top 15 and I guess he could be a Von Miller type in a 4-3, but Mingo played both end positions alot more than he played standing up and dropping into coverage. He needs to add some strength most definitely. I just don't think he would be effective as a 4-3 end, maybe he would after a few years down the line. Am I out of my mind? I just saw him get stone walled in several games this year and the other 2 DE's for LSU seemed to make more plays, even with how slow Montgomery played (did he play hurt this year? his burst seemed lacking), Montgomery appeared to me as a more steady player. If I'm out of my mind, please teach me me as I'm always a willing learner....

miami9954
01-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Wow accordording to Russ we could land Damontre Moore and Ke ke Mingo with picks 2A and 2B.Who knew? Lol:woot: