PDA

View Full Version : Spotted Joe Philbin watching North practice on Wed

dolfan91
01-23-2013, 03:52 PM
While watching the NFL Networks Wednesday's North practice, I saw Coach Philbin standing along the sidelines in the end zone watching the WR's and DB's doing drills. The TV coverage was on the LB's and RB's doing drill, while off in the background in the end zone were the DB's and WR's. than again when the TV coverage was covering the WR's and DB's on the main practice field there was Philbin, who moved up to the 5-10 yard line, again watching intently the WR's and DB's doing 1 on 1 drills. Wonder who he was interested in?

datruth55
01-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Trufant, Poyer, Jamar Taylor and Dwayne Gratz have stood out at CB on the North squad. Dobson and Wheaton have been the top performing WR on the North IMO.

BC26
01-23-2013, 04:04 PM
Quinton Patton, also. I'd bet it is WR's since they are looking for TD-scorers and redzone work is where they may find that. Probably focused on the bigger WR's like Dobson (as mentioned above).

uk_dolfan
01-23-2013, 04:10 PM
Trufant, Poyer, Jamar Taylor and Dwayne Gratz have stood out at CB on the North squad. Dobson and Wheaton have been the top performing WR on the North IMO.

Really like what im hearing about Trufant

rrrrphin
01-23-2013, 04:34 PM
I had also read that it was Philbin and Ireland at the North practice on Tuesday. Maybe some serious interest on the aforementioned names above.

hooshoops
01-23-2013, 06:21 PM
the depth of the wr and db talent is better with the south squad...let's hope he was watching trufant...and lets also hope that he's decided that if he wants him he's gonna have to pull the trigger with that high 2nd rounder

datruth55
01-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Quinton Patton, also. I'd bet it is WR's since they are looking for TD-scorers and redzone work is where they may find that. Probably focused on the bigger WR's like Dobson (as mentioned above).
Patton's on the South squad.

Digital
01-24-2013, 12:58 AM
I think the players that are skipping the Senior Bowl when healthy are doing themselves a disservice. This is such a key time and place to leave a good football impression in coaches' and GMs' minds.

Pinkboy
01-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Philbin is our only saving grace fellas. Counting on Ireland alone to make draft and FA decisions will kill a franchise into the ground.

Count your lucky stars that we have Philbin in his Ireland's ear, and right alongside Ireland scouting these draftees. This is the best news of the season.

MarinoEqualsGod
01-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Really like what im hearing about Trufant

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wpttD5YSx64

No thanks...