PDA

View Full Version : Report: Woody Johnson wants to explore a Darrelle Revis trade

Dolfan3773
01-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Jets owner Woody Johnson is reportedly interested in trading the teamís most valuable asset, cornerback Darrelle Revis.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/23/report-woody-johnson-wants-to-explore-a-darrelle-revis-trade/

MARSHALL~LAW
01-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Report: Woody Johnson wants to explore a Darrelle Revis tradePosted by Michael David Smith on January 23, 2013, 7:58 PM EST
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/350x183-1.jpg?w=250
ReutersJets owner Woody Johnson is reportedly interested in trading the teamís most valuable asset, cornerback Darrelle Revis (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis).
Johnson has expressed a desire to trade Revis (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21604939/jets-owner-woody-johnson-to-explore-trading-darrelle-revis), Jason La Canfora of CBS reports. La Canfora attributes the report to unnamed sources with knowledge of the situation. Itís possible that Johnson floated the idea in conversations with prospective general managers during the search that ultimately led to the Jets hiring John Idzik.
Revis is owed $6 million this year, which is a good deal if Revis is healthy and back to being the NFLís best cornerback. But itís Johnson could be worried that Revis will struggle to regain his old form in his recovery from a torn ACL. And La Canfora also reports that Johnson thinks Revis is going to want a lot more money after the 2013 season, when he can become an unrestricted free agent, and that the Jets might be better off getting something for him now than getting nothing for him a year from now.
If the Jets are resigning themselves to the idea that it will take a full year to fix the mess that was the 2012 season, then trading Revis could be the way to begin the rebuilding.

6mil is not bad, IF he can return to his former self. I would trade for him in a heartbeat. Hard to tell what they would want for him....ESPECIALLY from us. Probably our 1st rd picks through 2020 or something stupid like that. lol. What would you give up for a corner like Revis?

Miamifinz
01-23-2013, 09:45 PM
I doubt they'd be open to trading him within the division. Moderate risk, very high reward, I say yes. Would love to have a good corner who mauls WRs and never gets called for pass interference

Hayden Fox
01-23-2013, 09:47 PM
I would make a phone call. Why not?

finfan54
01-23-2013, 09:48 PM
jake long here? love the double standard. Didnt he get hurt late two years ago? lol

AFCMiamiEast
01-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Yes, I would. However there is one obstacle in the way of the Jets slamming down the hammer on this one...WE ARE THE DOLPHINS...

uk_dolfan
01-23-2013, 09:50 PM
Nope, gets paid far too much and they wouldnt trade him to us anyway.

fanfin
01-23-2013, 09:50 PM
they just might be dumb enough to trade him to us... you can have the #12 pick

Rambo
01-23-2013, 09:53 PM
Yes....without question. No reason he shouldn't come back and play at an extremely high level. Its no secret that after his injury is when the Jets defense(team) started to fall. You can do so much with a DB of Revis's talent.

russianbear
01-23-2013, 09:53 PM
They would never trade him to us, and I'm not sure I would want to give up what would be required after an ACL tear.

Casas9425
01-23-2013, 09:54 PM
They would be crazy to trade him to us.

Valbon8
01-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Give up this years 1st and next years. One half of the field shut down. Reshad Jones getting better too. Do it Ireland!!!!

Follow me on Twitter @vlatifi

J Tes
01-23-2013, 10:01 PM
No way they will trade an in his prime Revis (even coming off of an ACL tear) within the division. Just be happy he's going to be gone

Phin-o-rama
01-23-2013, 10:11 PM
not interested...they would want too much

Locke
01-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Considering Rex was retarded enough to call Revis the best corner in the history of the game publicly DURING contract negotiations with him, I wouldn't discount the level of stupidity it would take the Jets to trade him within the division. That said, if it was true, I say yes. Everyone wants Dee Millner at 12, despite the fact that he won't last that long. Why not just ship that pick and take a bonafide All-Pro corner away from a division rival? That contract is problematic though...

Vaark
01-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Typical douchebag move by the team whose depths apparently knows no bounds. You've got the meddlesome, attention headline-whoring owner who just threw Tannenbaum under the bus for foisting Teblow on him (which insiders label as BS) and now he's already usurping the role of his newly hired (after a lot of rejections) GM Itzdick. As to MEvis, aside from the cost being too high for someone who's turning into a china Doll, based on the recent past, it's likely he'd be holding us up every year or two to void his existing contract. For the Fins it's not like he's our last missing piece to justify what would be a huge cost of acquisition, a huge contract and the drama of renegotiation for this brittle corner IMO

TheWalrus
01-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Would smash.

dcnr226
01-23-2013, 10:51 PM
I would trade our 1st this year and a 2nd this year and give Revis a generous 5 year contract, let's say 5/45, 20 guaranteed.

I think the Jets would consider it. They are obviously conceding the need to rebuild.

roy_miami
01-23-2013, 11:02 PM
Nope, gets paid far too much and they wouldnt trade him to us anyway.

$6 mill is almost what Richard Marshall is making.

WestSideFin
01-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Darrelle Revis - DB - Jets
Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole reports "at least two teams" have already contacted the Jets about Darrelle Revis' availability.
They won't be the last ones either. Cole notes that Revis' contract will be the main issue in negotiations as he can't be slapped with the franchise tag when his contract expires after the 2013 season. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that Revis "doesn't want" to be traded and wants to be a Jet "his whole career."
Source: Jason Cole on Twitter Jan 23 - 9:32 PM

DzakkH13
01-23-2013, 11:08 PM
Would love to have Revis in Miami, but I can't see that happening.

It would cost a lot of picks and a HUGE amount of money (think 5 years and $60 million as a starting point).

I'll just be happy for him to be out of the AFC East!

Ikema
01-23-2013, 11:10 PM
I agree with Russian bear, it's addition by subtraction in our division and it cost us nothing

DisturbedShifty
01-23-2013, 11:12 PM
Only way I would do it is if the contract was heavily incentive laid. Or had a line in there that if he gets hurt for more than half the season he takes a pay cut.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

ohall
01-23-2013, 11:19 PM
He was over rated before the injury. No thx.

Kdawg954
01-23-2013, 11:27 PM
He was over rated before the injury. No thx.

Certainly not . . . he is the closest thing to "shut down" in the league as you will see. He can blanket your team's best WR and he isn't scared to get up there and make a tackle. Make no mistake, he would instantly be the best player on our team if we brought him here.

Kdawg954
01-23-2013, 11:31 PM
I would trade our 1st this year and a 2nd this year and give Revis a generous 5 year contract, let's say 5/45, 20 guaranteed.

I think the Jets would consider it. They are obviously conceding the need to rebuild.

5 year / 45 million? Is the 45 million the guaranteed money? Because you are gonna need much more than 5/45 and 20 million guaranteed to get that contract done.

FuturePhin
01-23-2013, 11:31 PM
I'd trade for him in a heartbeat. The guy comes up with big plays! We need that on our Defense!

kvado16
01-23-2013, 11:39 PM
**** I'd do it, and Ireland may just pick the phone up and do the same seeing how his ass is on the line and he wants to get playmakers for the team. As for the Jets possibly not wanting to trade within the division, I think we can all agree the Jets are the furthest thing from intelligent and if we make them an offer they cant refuse there's a good chance they'll bite. Think about it guys if Revis comes to the Dolphins our low ranking pass defense swiftly jumps into the top ten, we have the ground game covered on defense but with the addition of Revis our defense takes the next step into being elite.

Vertical Limit
01-23-2013, 11:44 PM
Won't be shocked if Baltimore picks him up now that Lewis will be gone and Reed may leave as well.

AFCMiamiEast
01-23-2013, 11:46 PM
**** I'd do it, and Ireland may just pick the phone up and do the same seeing how his ass is on the line and he wants to get playmakers for the team. As for the Jets possibly not wanting to trade within the division, I think we can all agree the Jets are the furthest thing from intelligent and if we make them an offer they cant refuse there's a good chance they'll bite. Think about it guys if Revis comes to the Dolphins our low ranking pass defense swiftly jumps into the top ten, we have the ground game covered on defense but with the addition of Revis our defense takes the next step into being elite.

The Jets may not be the most wisely guided franchise in the league, but your "offer they can't refuse" proposal seems like something I'd want no involvement in. One player is not going to fix the team (Brandon Marshall?) and the Jets surely would not let us get away with murder. They'd force two 1st rounders + out of us most likely and we cannot afford that.

Thumper1016
01-23-2013, 11:47 PM
If this is true I would put my money on Denver to make the trade.

DisturbedShifty
01-23-2013, 11:49 PM
If this is true I would put my money on Denver to make the trade.

No way. Not with Manning's contract.

TheJetsBlow
01-23-2013, 11:49 PM
The Jets are stupid, but even they aren't stupid enough to trade a player like Revis in the division. Never happen, not even worth discussing.

ohall
01-23-2013, 11:50 PM
Certainly not . . . he is the closest thing to "shut down" in the league as you will see. He can blanket your team's best WR and he isn't scared to get up there and make a tackle. Make no mistake, he would instantly be the best player on our team if we brought him here.

No he's not, there isn't a DB in the NFL right now that is shut down anything. Basically, I wouldn't put the type of investment required to get a Revis. That's why he's over rated, they all are, basically.

kvado16
01-23-2013, 11:52 PM
The Jets may not be the most wisely guided franchise in the league, but your "offer they can't refuse" proposal seems like something I'd want no involvement in. One player is not going to fix the team (Brandon Marshall?) and the Jets surely would not let us get away with murder. They'd force two 1st rounders + out of us most likely and we cannot afford that.

We very much so can afford it, let me ask you this would you give up Jared Odrick and Mike Pouncey for Revis? Two former first round picks of ours might I add, I'm pretty sure I know what your answer would be. Also we have so much ammunition in this years draft that it can cushion the blow of giving up 2 first rounders, and Revis is whole another caliber player as opposed to Marshall. Brandon depended on a quarterback for his success, Revis alters the scoreboard no matter what.

AllFinsAllDay
01-23-2013, 11:54 PM
I know that we would NEVER be called for pass interference ever lol

Thumper1016
01-23-2013, 11:54 PM

Denver will have about 18.5 million in room before they make moves, I wouldnt put it past Elway to try. Just my opinion.

AFCMiamiEast
01-24-2013, 12:00 AM
We very much so can afford it, let me ask you this would you give up Jared Odrick and Mike Pouncey for Revis? Two former first round picks of ours might I add, I'm pretty sure I know what your answer would be. Also we have so much ammunition in this years draft that it can cushion the blow of giving up 2 first rounders, and Revis is whole another caliber player as opposed to Marshall. Brandon depended on a quarterback for his success, Revis alters the scoreboard no matter what.

You are comparing our PAST draft picks to what lies in the future? Have you not seen the stats regarding 1st round picks, compared to 2nd and 3rds? Odrick and Pouncey have nothing to do with our future 1st rounders, that is completely irrelevant. So basically you would sacrifice two positions of need for one, and hope that a bunch of 2nd and 3rd rounders would instantly replace an All-Pro caliber center like Pouncey? You're in a pipe dream pal, there is no way this guy is signing with Miami.

roy_miami
01-24-2013, 12:02 AM

Off topic but its much more of a pain in the ass to read "Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone." everytime than a few spelling mistakes

kvado16
01-24-2013, 12:09 AM
You are comparing our PAST draft picks to what lies in the future? Have you not seen the stats regarding 1st round picks, compared to 2nd and 3rds? Odrick and Pouncey have nothing to do with our future 1st rounders, that is completely irrelevant. So basically you would sacrifice to positions of need for one, and hope that a bunch of 2nd and 3rd rounders would instantly replace an All-Pro caliber center like Pouncey? You're in a pipe dream pal, there is no way this guy is signing with Miami.
I was simply using it as an example of the type of talent we're trading away, fact of the matter is Revis is one of those players that emerges in the draft about once every ten years. Based on our spotty draft picks, what are the chances we hit on a player who even comes close to holding Revis' jock? And last time I remembered our pass defense was near the bottom of the league, so yes I'm certain Corner is our BIGGEST need. Btw I'm not arguing that we are getting Revis, I'm saying there's a possibility and that we should definitely pursue that opportunity because it's simple with Revis we = Top 5 defense, and boosts our win totals by 3 games not to mention Revis still has a lot of years left in him.

AFCMiamiEast
01-24-2013, 12:16 AM
I was simply using it as an example of the type of talent we're trading away, fact of the matter is Revis is one of those players that emerges in the draft about once every ten years. Based on our spotty draft picks, what are the chances we hit on a player who even comes close to holding Revis' jock? And last time I remembered our pass defense was near the bottom of the league, so yes I'm certain Corner is our BIGGEST need. Btw I'm not arguing that we are getting Revis, I'm saying there's a possibility and that we should definitely pursue that opportunity because it's simple with Revis we = Top 5 defense, and boosts our win totals by 3 games not to mention Revis still has a lot of years left in him.

There is no doubt he is an incredible player, however stating that he would boost our win % by 3 games is a tad ridiculous. You say CB is our biggest need? Well we were ranked a top 3 legitimate red zone defense throughout the season, can you find me ANY category where the offense even ranked middle of the pack in? The offense as a whole is, and has been this team's biggest need for the past several years. **** needs to change, and forfeiting offensive playmakers for a DB is not the way to repair it. We can get a pass rusher in the 1st round this year if Ireland is looking for WRs later, and that alone would ease up the pressure n the secondary. It all starts up front on the defense.

SunsPhinsfan03
01-24-2013, 12:22 AM
No. I think Revis is the top corner (when healthy) in the game, but he becomes a unrestricted FA after this yr and no way I'm giving him a new contract without seeing how he comes back from
his injury. The Dolphins don't need to be doing the jets any favors and giving up multiple draft picks for revis. PASS

kvado16
01-24-2013, 12:32 AM
There is no doubt he is an incredible player, however stating that he would boost our win % by 3 games is a tad ridiculous. You say CB is our biggest need? Well we were ranked a top 3 legitimate red zone defense throughout the season, can you find me ANY category where the offense even ranked middle of the pack in? The offense as a whole is, and has been this team's biggest need for the past several years. **** needs to change, and forfeiting offensive playmakers for a DB is not the way to repair it. We can get a pass rusher in the 1st round this year if Ireland is looking for WRs later, and that alone would ease up the pressure n the secondary. It all starts up front on the defense.
The argument you're giving me really makes my head scratch.... So when you're backed into a corner you throw our red zone % numbers at me even though they are no accurate measure of our pass defense as a whole? Hmm how about we use the actual ranking to rate a pass defense and thats the pass defense stat which again is in the bottom third of the league, and what offensive playmaker are we giving up? We'd be trading draft picks if anything, and the addition of Revis will ultimately suffocate opposing defenses. Think about it teams already can't run on us, now imagine if they can't pass on us? That's an instant 3 win boost man, it'd be ridiculous not to assume so just look at how bad the Jets fell after he went down although I do acknowledge the other factors that made the Jets suck but Revis going down was the BIGGEST one.

Dolph N.Fan
01-24-2013, 12:34 AM
Jets would trade Revis to Miami if Miami was stupid enough to overpay for him and I mean like a 1st 2nd and 3rd for him or something like that. Trades between division rivals are rare. They only happened when 1: The player is washed up and the team trading him knows he's done (Eagles trading McNabb to Washington). 2: There's some kind of poison pill involved (Miami trading Welker to New England. Or 3: One team makes the price about 2 times more than what he's worth when trading him to a divisional rival. In this case I would say Revis coming off a serious injury is still worth maybe a 2nd and a 3rd or even 2 2nds and a 3rd. Jets would probably want a deal similar to what Washington gave St. Louis for RG3 if Miami wants Revis from them. So basically it's not happening.

roy_miami
01-24-2013, 12:35 AM

I don't see how anybody could watch our corner backs play and come away thinking they're anything but below average. As for your red zone stat we were 27th in the league on offense in the red zone, does that mean we were always up against great corners or does it speak more to us having a bad offense.

Twitches Brew
01-24-2013, 12:46 AM
In a heartbeat. Best player in the League.

Mike13
01-24-2013, 12:54 AM
Trading within the division is ****ing moronic.
End of story.

AFCMiamiEast
01-24-2013, 12:58 AM
The argument you're giving me really makes my head scratch.... So when you're backed into a corner you throw our red zone % numbers at me even though they are no accurate measure of our pass defense as a whole? Hmm how about we use the actual ranking to rate a pass defense and thats the pass defense stat which again is in the bottom third of the league, and what offensive playmaker are we giving up? We'd be trading draft picks if anything, and the addition of Revis will ultimately suffocate opposing defenses. Think about it teams already can't run on us, now imagine if they can't pass on us? That's an instant 3 win boost man, it'd be ridiculous not to assume so just look at how bad the Jets fell after he went down although I do acknowledge the other factors that made the Jets suck but Revis going down was the BIGGEST one.

When I am "backed into a corner"? :lol: LOL that had me rolling. Do you fail to come to the realization that the CBs are hugely responsible for red zone defense? It's like NE's secondary, we give up yards but not points. We're one of the best defense's in the league at the most important aspect of it all...limiting the opponents score, yet you attempt to tell me that a position on the defense is more of an issue than a notoriously inept NFL offense? Please explain, and if I ask, may you refrain from "backing me into a corner" again? :lol:

AFCMiamiEast
01-24-2013, 01:01 AM
I don't see how anybody could watch our corner backs play and come away thinking they're anything but below average. As for your red zone stat we were 27th in the league on offense in the red zone, does that mean we were always up against great corners or does it speak more to us having a bad offense.

I never mixed the words offense and red zone together, I was talking about the defense. Thanks for further proving my point that the offense is the team's major issue, bar none. The defense kept us in all but 3-4 games the entire season.

Phinatic8u
01-24-2013, 01:08 AM
I'd give them 2 1sts..easily.

Mike13
01-24-2013, 01:09 AM
Revis is an unrestricted free agent in 2014. You want him you get him then for free.
You dont rent a gimpy DB coming off a torn ACL injury, and you would have to give up multiple high picks to get him.

kvado16
When I am "backed into a corner"? :lol: LOL that had me rolling. Do you fail to come to the realization that the CBs are hugely responsible for red zone defense? It's like NE's secondary, we give up yards but not points. We're one of the best defense's in the league at the most important aspect of it all...limiting the opponents score, yet you attempt to tell me that a position on the defense is more of an issue than a notoriously inept NFL offense? Please explain, and if I ask, may you refrain from "backing me into a corner" again? :lol:
The irony of it all is really unscripted, but I guess you don't think much before you speak or even after for that matter. Anyhow, I really don't get how your philosophy of giving up yards = good defense, and the fact that we give up so many yards also contributes to the opponents amount of possession time which takes away from our offense's possession time which in turn reduces the efficiency of our offense. So no we don't have one of the best defense's in the league. Continue laughing but the irony is that your argument makes no sense, and to add more confusion to it according to you adding a pass rusher in the first will make our offense better, really?

roy_miami
I never mixed the words offense and red zone together, I was talking about the defense.

You don't think they're related? Let me put it this way, if any team in the league got to play us all 16 games for the season they would likely have the best red zone defense no matter who they have at cb. We might have played 3 legit QBs all season, hence good red zone defense.

Let me add that New Englands red zone defense is probably a little skewed because they get to play the Dolphins, Bills and Jets 6 times a year plus at least 4 other crap teams from other divisions.

AFCMiamiEast
01-24-2013, 01:22 AM
The irony of it all is really unscripted, but I guess you don't think much before you speak or even after for that matter. Anyhow, I really don't get how your philosophy of giving up yards = good defense, and the fact that we give up so many yards also contributes to the opponents amount of possession time which takes away from our offense's possession time which in turn reduces the efficiency of our offense. So no we don't have one of the best defense's in the league. Continue laughing but the irony is that your argument makes no sense, and to add more confusion to it according to you adding a pass rusher in the first will make our offense better, really?

It's like talking to a wall...how the hell do you get me stating that if Ireland thinks he will find receiver talent in the later rounds (2,3) that he will probably go pass rusher? Does this reflect my opinion? In a sense, but talk to most "experts" and that is the path he will follow if not WR. I must be Ireland talking about myself in the 3rd person. Since the only thing that pops up in your "brain" regardings responses to my comments is petty attempts at belittling me, go make a public poll. Right on the main Miami Dolphins forum page, and ask the FH community which side of the ball is the biggest priority. I am expecting a landslide of around 80-20% in favor of bolstering the offense first and foremost.

dcnr226
01-24-2013, 01:22 AM
The Dolphins should pursue this trade, period. Darrelle Revis is the best player in the league, bar none, when right. We instantly become the best defense in football with the addition of Darrelle Revis, and we have the ammunition to make it happen. Is Mike Wallace, Darrelle Revis, Ed Reed, Jermicheal Finley a dream? Absolutely. But it's also absolutely possible, thanks in large part to the foresight of Jeff Ireland. If the stars align this could be a very Heat-getting-the-big-three type of offseason. And we still have plenty of picks..

The Jets will play ball for the right price, and it's ok if it's a little steeper for their arch rivals. This years 1st and a 2nd this year. If you agree to extend Revis upon trading for him, I guarantee he would take less $ to be a Miami Dolphin. No state income tax, beautiful weather, a team on the rise..

Fin Fan in Cali
01-24-2013, 01:26 AM
It's like talking to a wall...how the hell do you get me stating that if Ireland thinks he will find receiver talent in the later rounds (2,3) that he will probably go pass rusher? Does this reflect my opinion? I must be Ireland talking about myself in the 3rd person. Since the only thing that pops up in your "brain" regardings responses to my comments is petty attempts at belittling me, go make a public poll. Right on the main Miami Dolphins forum page, and ask the FH community which side of the ball is the biggest priority. I am expecting a landslide of around 80-20% in favor of bolstering the offense first and foremost.Bro please keep this peaceful. If you so like you can start a thread with a poll question and see what the results might be.

kvado16
01-24-2013, 01:33 AM
It's like talking to a wall...how the hell do you get me stating that if Ireland thinks he will find receiver talent in the later rounds (2,3) that he will probably go pass rusher? Does this reflect my opinion? I must be Ireland talking about myself in the 3rd person. Since the only thing that pops up in your "brain" regardings responses to my comments is petty attempts at belittling me, go make a public poll. Right on the main Miami Dolphins forum page, and ask the FH community which side of the ball is the biggest priority. I am expecting a landslide of around 80-20% in favor of bolstering the offense first and foremost.
Not belittling you, it's just that your bouncing around irrelevant points confounds me and slightly irritates me. And you're making this into a defense vs. offense thing really? well let me put it this way for you pal, each player has different value no matter what position. For example would I rather have a Desean Jackson or Darrele Revis? I'll take Revis because he's the better player, I'm not necessarily saying defense is more important but talent is. And the initial thought process between everyone in this forum is trading two first round picks, so we'd still have those 2nd and thirds to get your receiver so that argument can't be used also considering the fact the free agency pool is rich in receivers this upcoming season so bam you kill two birds with one stone.

AFCMiamiEast
01-24-2013, 01:33 AM
You don't think they're related? Let me put it this way, if any team in the league got to play us all 16 games for the season they would likely have the best red zone defense no matter who they have at cb. We might have played 3 legit QBs all season, hence good red zone defense.

Let me add that New Englands red zone defense is probably a little skewed because they get to play the Dolphins, Bills and Jets 6 times a year plus at least 4 other crap teams from other divisions.

Tom Brady x2, Matt Schaub, Carson Palmer, Andy Dalton, Russel Wilson, Andrew Luck, Sam Bradford (average I guess as of now), and Kaepernick are all QBs that are easy to slow down?

AFCMiamiEast
01-24-2013, 01:37 AM
Not belittling you, it's just that your bouncing around irrelevant points confounds me and slightly irritates me. And you're making this into a defense vs. offense thing really? well let me put it this way for you pal, each player has different value no matter what position. For example would I rather have a Desean Jackson or Darrele Revis? I'll take Revis because he's the better player, I'm not necessarily saying defense is more important but talent is. And the initial thought process between everyone in this forum is trading two first round picks, so we'd still have those 2nd and thirds to get your receiver so that argument can't be used also considering the fact the free agency pool is rich in receivers this upcoming season so bam you kill two birds with one stone.

I wouldn't believe that it would only take two 1st rounders, I added a "+" symbol, meaning that there would more than likely be additional picks involved. Revis is a hell of a player, and for two 1st rounders I'd roll out the red carpet...however, I see a bigger price on him, especially discussing trade between bitter divisional rivals heading in two opposite directions (so it seems). Those 2nds and 3rds you speak of would probably be gone in a result of a Revis trade accompanying the 1st rounders as well.

Valandui
01-24-2013, 02:53 AM
Dude's a FA next year. Trading the Jets multiple high picks for him this year is sheer stupidity.

jason_taylor
01-24-2013, 05:27 AM

nooooooooo way Not Pouncey, Maybe Odrick and sean smith , but noway NOT Pouncey.

roy_miami
01-24-2013, 05:55 AM
If we did just a player for player swap I think we would have to give up either Tannehill or Wake plus we'd probably have to throw in another player on top.

Scrap
01-24-2013, 06:55 AM
If I was Ireland, and I was "all in" this offseason, yes I would.

silverfin
01-24-2013, 07:20 AM
For all you guys saying no, you're crazy.

Revis is in the top 10 players in this league you'd be mad not to want him just like the Jets are mad to think about trading him ......

Kdawg954
01-24-2013, 08:28 AM
No he's not, there isn't a DB in the NFL right now that is shut down anything. Basically, I wouldn't put the type of investment required to get a Revis. That's why he's over rated, they all are, basically.

The term "shut down CB" is very much overused . . . but like I said, Revis is the "closest" thing to shut down as this league has. He's a playmaker and a difference maker.

It doesn't interest me to give up 2 first round picks and 14 million a year for the guy either . . . but that doesn't make him overrated . . . that is where the market is for him and he'll get close to that amount.

We need to draft our own Revis or lets start with drafting a solid starting CB and entertain this when he enters Free Agency.

number1fin
01-24-2013, 08:35 AM
The likelihood that the New York Jets trade Darrelle Revis to the Miami Dolphins has the same chance of taking place as Mark Sanchez going undefeated and winning the Superbowl next season for them.

Or Rex Ryan not asking his wife if he can worship her feet every Toesday.

In other words...

IT.AIN'T.HAPPENIN...

EVER!

nyjunc
01-24-2013, 09:12 AM
I will be surprised if they deal him but it makes sense to at least explore what they could get for him.

There's no chance we'd trade him to a div rival no matter what you could give us.

Bumpus
01-24-2013, 09:21 AM
Trade Jake Long for him.

ChambersWI
01-24-2013, 09:56 AM
I'd look into it, I dunno if I'd give up a huge sum with him coming off an ACL tear, but I;d be willing to part with a 2nd and a conditional future pick (say 3rd that would become a 2nd if Revis met incentives)

PogiRo
01-24-2013, 10:02 AM
I'm amazed that this thread reached 4 pages and is full of people thinking that this is actually a possibility. It's just not going to happen. The only way it would happen is if Ireland is dumb enough to overpay with a trade that will obviously set us back more than it will help us. Anything less than that, the Jets just won't do it.

jared81
01-24-2013, 11:10 AM
this is the first good move the jest will have made in a while. they will get a couple of good picks for him and not have to pay his high salary going forward. they are in rebuilding mode and the next two seasons will be a bust. smart move for their future.

SabanHater
01-24-2013, 11:31 AM
the price for him would be higher for any team in the AFC East.
Could you imagine having him though? Sean Smith would get picked on all day long. lol

SpurzN703
01-24-2013, 11:32 AM
I'd trade for him but they aren't going to send him within the division.

Vaark
01-24-2013, 12:10 PM
Revis going down twice in 2 years last time in front of our eyes by merely mis-stepping), plus his Me First modis operendi smells too much like Culpecker to feel comfortable anteeing up the farm without a bunch of health and performance related protections written into the contract. He's already got a stipulation that he can't be franchised and to me that's a red flag that the kind of shenanigans he's pulled and threatened would continue.

nyjunc
01-24-2013, 12:39 PM
what are you making up today? twice in 2 years, what was his season ending injury in 2011?

if he was a phin what would you be saying about him?

JCane
01-24-2013, 12:41 PM
what are you making up today? twice in 2 years, what was his season ending injury in 2011?

I'd be saying trade him. You should be thankful. This is the first brilliant move by the Jets in forever.

Individual defensive players are overrated. Especially guys in the secondary. Plus he's coming off an injury. Not interested.

nyjunc
01-24-2013, 12:59 PM
I'd be saying trade him. You should be thankful. This is the first brilliant move by the Jets in forever.

Individual defensive players are overrated. Especially guys in the secondary. Plus he's coming off an injury. Not interested.

I am sure they will explore but will probably not like what they find w/ his salary demands and coming off injury and he'll be back w/ us. We'll see.

J. David Wannyheimer
01-24-2013, 01:15 PM
He could become the first player to get traded and then hold out after an ACL tear.

nyjunc
01-24-2013, 01:25 PM
He could become the first player to get traded and then hold out after an ACL tear.

i'm sure there would be discussions before the trade on a new deal and any trade would be contingent upon a new deal.

jared81
01-24-2013, 02:20 PM

we have a very similar player (jake long) and i think the consensus is to let him walk. the only difference is, we get nothing for long. you have a chance to trade revis and rebuild, you may even be able to get a qb out of it. revis is a great player and i believe he will recover from the ACL, but i think getting a couple of good picks and a qb to challenge sanchez would help you more.

nyjunc
01-24-2013, 02:44 PM
we have a very similar player (jake long) and i think the consensus is to let him walk. the only difference is, we get nothing for long. you have a chance to trade revis and rebuild, you may even be able to get a qb out of it. revis is a great player and i believe he will recover from the ACL, but i think getting a couple of good picks and a qb to challenge sanchez would help you more.

If we trade Revis we also have a huge cap hit so that makes it very different and I don't think we'd get as much for him as we should based on him coming off the injury.

#1dolphinsfan
01-24-2013, 03:57 PM
If we could get.him for one first round pick do it asap

tommyp
01-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Hey Junc, looks like you might lose your best player.... that being said, i would love to see him in miami.. send the 2nd rd pick we got for Vontae. Revis will want big $$$ though.

finfan54
01-24-2013, 05:40 PM
No thanks. They are looking to get rid of his salary cus he is damaged goods and they need free cash. Let them suffer.

SpurzN703
01-24-2013, 06:17 PM
Hey Junc, looks like you might lose your best player.... that being said, i would love to see him in miami.. send the 2nd rd pick we got for Vontae. Revis will want big $$$ though.

This was already posted today and isn't Dolphins related. I moved it into the other thread.

BSQ
01-24-2013, 09:24 PM
I haven't seen this on the site so forgive me if it's been posted. I heard today on ESPN that the Jets are seriously considering parting ways with the best cornerback in football. Could it be that he's not bouncing back from his injury quickly enough? I'm not sure if they would trade him to an AFC rival or on what basis he may be available but I'd be interested in hearing some opinions of the Dolphin faithful.

Dolph N.Fan
01-24-2013, 09:25 PM
You probably didn't see it cause every time someone makes this thread it probably got moved shortly after. I'm sure Miami is interested as is the rest of the league but no way I see any kind of trade talks between Jets and Dolphins.

roy_miami
01-26-2013, 03:03 AM
The likelihood that the New York Jets trade Darrelle Revis to the Miami Dolphins has the same chance of taking place as Mark Sanchez going undefeated and winning the Superbowl next season for them.

Or Rex Ryan not asking his wife if he can worship her feet every Toesday.

In other words...

IT.AIN'T.HAPPENIN...

EVER!

Revis actually holds all (or most) of the cards here, a team is only going to give up a first round pick (plus more in all likelihood) for him as long as they have assurances that Revis will sign a long term deal with them. So if Revis says Miami or the Giants are the only teams he'll sign an extension with and Miami is the only team with a good offer on the table then the Jets are in a pickle.

Thumper1016
01-28-2013, 05:04 PM

Darrelle Revis (http://www.finheaven.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis) - DB - Jets (http://www.finheaven.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/nyj/jets)
SI's Peter King gets the sense executive VP John Elway will try hard to convince Broncos owner Pat Bowlen that Darrelle Revis is the missing piece in Denver.

The Broncos currently have plenty of cap room, but with LT Ryan Clady still needing a new deal some of that will obviously evaporate. Still, it's not hard for teams to work around this issue. As we saw in the Divisional Round loss to the Ravens, Champ Bailey just can't hang with the deep speed threats at receiver anymore. Adding Revis to handle the opposing team's No. 1 receiver and taking some pressure off Bailey would be a nice upgrade. What Elway wants, Elway usually gets. A first- and second-round pick is said to be the Jets' asking price. King mentions the Chiefs and 49ers as other possible Revis suitors. This is pure speculation at this point.

roy_miami
01-29-2013, 02:21 AM
Darrelle Revis (http://www.finheaven.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis) - DB - Jets (http://www.finheaven.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/nyj/jets)
SI's Peter King gets the sense executive VP John Elway will try hard to convince Broncos owner Pat Bowlen that Darrelle Revis is the missing piece in Denver.

The Broncos currently have plenty of cap room, but with LT Ryan Clady still needing a new deal some of that will obviously evaporate. Still, it's not hard for teams to work around this issue. As we saw in the Divisional Round loss to the Ravens, Champ Bailey just can't hang with the deep speed threats at receiver anymore. Adding Revis to handle the opposing team's No. 1 receiver and taking some pressure off Bailey would be a nice upgrade. What Elway wants, Elway usually gets. A first- and second-round pick is said to be the Jets' asking price. King mentions the Chiefs and 49ers as other possible Revis suitors. This is pure speculation at this point.

Denver makes a lot of sense and a first and a second is pretty fair.