PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins Looking at Eric Fisher at 12?

finfan54
01-24-2013, 10:53 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/24/3199441/jake-long-outcome-with-miami-dolphins.html

lol here comes the fun!

Ireland Haters must think we absolutely have to draft a WR at 12 or he is toast!

I dont think he cares what you think.

SQuinn17
01-24-2013, 10:57 PM
Who?

Vertical Limit
01-24-2013, 10:58 PM
No receiver on this draft is worth 12th pick overall but both of the top tight ends are.

slosh13
01-24-2013, 11:00 PM
The 49ers have 3 1st round picks that are O lineman, if we get Wallace I could care less if we draft a LT. I fully trust Jeff Ireland this year!

SQuinn17
01-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Scoop a pass rusher, TE or DB. O line would be a horrible pick. Spend both 2's on WR's.

Shaman
01-24-2013, 11:18 PM
I wouldn't have a big problem with this, especially if they take the money they would have spent to re-sign Long and put it towards another area of deficiency.

TheWalrus
01-24-2013, 11:21 PM
That story reads like a plant from the Dolphins' PR department... a negotiating ploy to make Long and his representatives realize the Dolphins are ready to move on. Everyone knows Jonathan Martin didn't look particularly great at left tackle last year and either way we don't have another tackle besides him, so getting the word out that if need be we're ready to take a tackle -- fan outrage be damned -- is a helpful thing to have in negotiations.

Combine this with the Mando story on how Long isn't a team first guy and only cares about money and it bears all the markings of a heavy handed PR assault to soften the ground in case Long leaves or get him to accept less money if he decides to stay.

Anyway, my chief conclusion from all this is the Dolphins really do want to resign Long if they can. They wouldn't be going through all the trouble otherwise. But the start of free agency really is the deadline on this, imo. If Long gets there he's gone. Somebody will take the chance. Chicago, if I'm betting.

finfan54
01-24-2013, 11:29 PM
Not so sure. "He can still play in this league" doesn't say he is elite. I think what this says is they like this kid and we may need him. This kids stock has risen prob more than anyone right now. So PR or not, they are saying this kid can fill a need day one.

TheWalrus
01-24-2013, 11:32 PM
Not so sure. "He can still play in this league" doesn't say he is elite. I think what this says is they like this kid and we may need him. This kids stock has risen prob more than anyone right now. So PR or not, they are saying this kid can fill a need day one.

I don't think he's elite, nor do I think they think he's elite. But I do think they want him back. That's what this PR campaign -- as I see it, it could be just my imagination -- tells me.

Strangeworld
01-24-2013, 11:32 PM
The 49ers have 3 1st round picks that are O lineman, if we get Wallace I could care less if we draft a LT. I fully trust Jeff Ireland this year!

You "fully trust" a man who has authored 4 straight losing seasons and zero playmakers?

uk_dolfan
01-24-2013, 11:44 PM
Scoop a pass rusher, TE or DB. O line would be a horrible pick. Spend both 2's on WR's.

A Lt is a horrible pick but you would take a TE at 12? Lol Wow

silverfin
01-24-2013, 11:46 PM
Arizona will take him

Casas9425
01-25-2013, 12:27 AM
Eifert is damn good.

DefensiveEnd76
01-25-2013, 12:37 AM
Eric Fisher will be gone in the Top 10 picks so we'd have to trade up to get him. Isn't going to happen.

Phinatic8u
01-25-2013, 12:39 AM
Depending on FA and if a a Dee Millner or Werner isn't there at 12 I wouldn't mind taking a LT.

Vertical Limit
01-25-2013, 01:35 AM

Eifert and Ertz are both very good tight end prospects. There's not a single receiver in this class that I'm confident at taking at 12. Hell neither of them seem to be as good of a prospect as Malcolm Floyd. It's a weak class for receivers.

PeterNorth
01-25-2013, 03:54 PM
I agree with VL that WR at 12 would be reachy, but imo going TE at 12 would be downright awful. If it's either of those positions, give me a WR all day. I also disagree about it being a weak class for receivers. I think it is a great class for them, even if there doesn't appear to be a no-doubt superstar type. There does look to be a plethora of guys that can be solid performers, though.

I would prefer someone other than Fisher at #12 but I wouldn't blow a gasket if Ireland pulled the trigger on him. If Fisher goes top 10 it also means that someone previously thought to be a top 10 lock may fall to us at 12, too, which would be great if it was Milliner.