PDA

View Full Version : Corrradelle Patterson is the way to go at pick 12.

UCF Nation
01-28-2013, 10:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxkQXlCAfE

Pick him up in the 1st round. Look at home he breaks those tackles. Such an explosive player.

Jennings + Patterson + Bess/Stedman Bailey (third round)

Here is some Stedman Bailey highlights, for those unfamiliar with the man out of WVU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci2K1xx6bmQ

My god, our offense would explode. They would make Tannehill improve so much.

TrinidadDolfan
01-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Looks explosive, I'll give you that.

I will wait though........
...wait for CK's in depth and analysis before I home in on a favorite WR

CANDolphan
01-28-2013, 11:37 AM
Why are we giving up on Bess already? Patterson + Hartline + Jennings + Bess + Matthews is a damn good looking WR corps, from both a proven production standpoint, and a potential standpoint. I'd be VERY happy if we went into the season like that.

But I'm convinced Ireland makes a trade before then.

SF Dolphin Fan
01-28-2013, 12:36 PM
I may get laughed at for this, but I see some Jerry Rice in Cordarelle Patterson's game. If I'm a scout, I want to figure out how bad he wants it and all those other qualities that go into making a player great. Physically, the talent is there. No question. He seems like the perfect fit for a WCO with his ability to make yards after the catch. Regarding free agency, I think Miami should spend it on bringing in a starting caliber corner. I like Jennings, but we can get our receivers in the draft.

UCF Nation
01-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Looks explosive, I'll give you that.

I will wait though........
...wait for CK's in depth and analysis before I home in on a favorite WR

He'll back me up on Bailey. I know that for sure.

ckparrothead
01-28-2013, 01:52 PM
He'll back me up on Bailey. I know that for sure.

And Patterson.

Cordarrelle is definitely on the list at 12 overall. I just don't know if he's highest on the list yet.

ckparrothead
01-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Why are we giving up on Bess already? Patterson + Hartline + Jennings + Bess + Matthews is a damn good looking WR corps, from both a proven production standpoint, and a potential standpoint. I'd be VERY happy if we went into the season like that.

But I'm convinced Ireland makes a trade before then.

I don't know that it's realistic to pull in Greg Jennings (who will cost $7 or $8 million a year), Brian Hartline (who will cost $5 or $6 million a year), Davone Bess (who costs $4 million a year) AND a Cordarrelle Patterson at 12 overall. That's literally about $20 million per year (1/6th of your salary cap), plus the opportunity cost of not being able to use that 12 overall pick on another position. That's overkill for a unit that could still go out on the field and not really make enough dynamic plays. Davone Bess doesn't make dynamic plays and neither does Brian Hartline. Greg Jennings doesn't make as many as he used to. Cordarrelle Patterson could, but only if he "gets it" so to speak...and until then when you've got guys like Greg Jennings, Davone Bess and Brian Hartline in front of him, guys that coaches tend to love because they're reliable if not necessarily huge play makers, that stymies Patterson's ability to actually get out there and make those dynamic plays.

Tannchise
01-28-2013, 02:09 PM
this team will have to get greedy. look at the Pats offense. that is who they have to keep up with. Just as important as a WR in FA and possibly two in the draft by Rd 3, is an athletic TE. Egnew seems to be a waste

UCF Nation
01-28-2013, 02:27 PM
I don't know that it's realistic to pull in Greg Jennings (who will cost $7 or $8 million a year), Brian Hartline (who will cost $5 or $6 million a year), Davone Bess (who costs $4 million a year) AND a Cordarrelle Patterson at 12 overall. That's literally about $20 million per year (1/6th of your salary cap), plus the opportunity cost of not being able to use that 12 overall pick on another position. That's overkill for a unit that could still go out on the field and not really make enough dynamic plays. Davone Bess doesn't make dynamic plays and neither does Brian Hartline. Greg Jennings doesn't make as many as he used to. Cordarrelle Patterson could, but only if he "gets it" so to speak...and until then when you've got guys like Greg Jennings, Davone Bess and Brian Hartline in front of him, guys that coaches tend to love because they're reliable if not necessarily huge play makers, that stymies Patterson's ability to actually get out there and make those dynamic plays.

I would love Jennings because you know what he gives you. He may be as explosive as Wallace, but he will come cheaper. He knows the offense, and is a proven leader on and off the field. If we did pick-up Patterson and Bailey, their development would be even greater if they had a guy like Jennings mentoring them. That's a great foundation for a superbowl team offense 3-4 years down the line.

TrinidadDolfan
01-28-2013, 02:57 PM
And Patterson.

Cordarrelle is definitely on the list at 12 overall. I just don't know if he's highest on the list yet.

OK guys, I just had to go back and watch some of the highlight reels on both Bailey and Patterson.

And, in that limited capacity, I came up with some observations:

Patterson seems to fight hard on every play. He is looking for the space on the field, and just doesn't give up. His ability to "juke" defenders is fantastic. He is so...YAC
Bailey has such soft hands, it is amazing to watch. Tough competitor too. He can make defenders miss with the best of them.

For me, what seperated the two was the deep ball. I salivated while watching Bailey. Why? Because we are looking for the man to stretch the field and make things easier on Bess etc. He seemed to thrive on "down-the-chute" passes, and we have not had that person in many years. O.K, so he is 5-10" vs Patterson 6-3". Would love to see the 40 times at the combine. They are both speedsters, with Bailey clocking somewhere around 4.38. Patterson seemed to make a lot of catch-and-fall catches, but when he stayed in stride he was moving fast, looking for holes.

But....there is something about Bailey. He just looks like a bad-ass talent who lives in a house lined with deep-ball wallpaper.

See this link for Bailey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9i0ZNwUURQ

Soooo comfortable with the over-the-shoulder ball. Wow.
Daddy like.

MadDog 88
01-28-2013, 03:15 PM
If they pass on a WR in Free Agency then Patterson or Allen at 12 would be ideal. I am inclined to take Allen first because he may be more polished but Patterson has a tremendous amount of raw talent. If they were to sign Jennings then I wouldn't mind seeing Kenny Vaccaro or Duke Williams at 12.

finfan54
01-28-2013, 05:51 PM
not completely sold on patterson at 12.

does he work/know the route tree? i think thats pretty damn important in this offense at that high a pick. allen i hear does. But so does robert woods, who is getting shafted imo. he could be just as explosive imo. stedman bailey can do it all as far as i can tell and he proved it to me in syracuse bowl game. its about value and the right guy in the end for me.

Penntastic
01-28-2013, 06:11 PM
sign (fa) Mike Wallace, resign (fa) Brian Hartline, draft Cordarrelle Patterson, Tyler Eifert (te) & Stedman Bailey :woot:

ckparrothead
01-28-2013, 07:05 PM
OK guys, I just had to go back and watch some of the highlight reels on both Bailey and Patterson.

And, in that limited capacity, I came up with some observations:

Patterson seems to fight hard on every play. He is looking for the space on the field, and just doesn't give up. His ability to "juke" defenders is fantastic. He is so...YAC
Bailey has such soft hands, it is amazing to watch. Tough competitor too. He can make defenders miss with the best of them.

For me, what seperated the two was the deep ball. I salivated while watching Bailey. Why? Because we are looking for the man to stretch the field and make things easier on Bess etc. He seemed to thrive on "down-the-chute" passes, and we have not had that person in many years. O.K, so he is 5-10" vs Patterson 6-3". Would love to see the 40 times at the combine. They are both speedsters, with Bailey clocking somewhere around 4.38. Patterson seemed to make a lot of catch-and-fall catches, but when he stayed in stride he was moving fast, looking for holes.

But....there is something about Bailey. He just looks like a bad-ass talent who lives in a house lined with deep-ball wallpaper.

See this link for Bailey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9i0ZNwUURQ

Soooo comfortable with the over-the-shoulder ball. Wow.
Daddy like.

I don't really want to argue because those are my favorite two receivers in the Draft as well. However, I do not think Stedman runs a 4.38 and that's part of the problem. Cordarrelle might. Sometimes I think there's no way, but then sometimes I think if he's just running a straight line and doesn't have to make like 50 cuts before the straightaway, maybe he will. I think of Bailey as more of a 4.50 player.

gregorygrant83
01-28-2013, 07:15 PM
So who are the top 10 receivers on the board right now. It seems like a pretty thick class with decent potential. I like Cobi Hamilton and Markus Wheaton and I'm not sure if either even makes the top 10 wr in the draft.

SR 7
01-28-2013, 07:38 PM
Allen reminds me a lot of Crabtree. A whole damn lot.

TheBow305
01-28-2013, 10:04 PM
Co-sign.

Twitches Brew
01-28-2013, 10:47 PM
I just hope he's there at 12. Finheaven might implode if he goes before...

MarinoEqualsGod
01-28-2013, 11:08 PM
I'm sorry but for some reason I can't shake the Ted ginn feeling I get when I see Patterson. Trade down and give me deandre Hopkins and another 2nd round pick and I will be a very happy man!

ckparrothead
01-28-2013, 11:25 PM
I just hope he's there at 12. Finheaven might implode if he goes before...

Daniel Jeremiah, former scout for a number of teams, has Patterson going 8 overall to the Bills in his latest mock draft.

Digital
01-28-2013, 11:31 PM
The two guys from Tennessee are the highest ceiling WR's I see in this draft. Patterson is simply the most explosive player in the entire draft at any position for my eyes. He has the size, strength, build and determination to beat press coverage coupled with very good speed and phenomenal burst to create separation. His RAC ability is probably the best in the class. He has natural hands and good technique as a catcher, but you can tell he hasn't been coached at it as intensively for very long. Patterson is simply tailor made for the WCO. Bailey seems like one of many good small WR's.

Justin Hunter is an ideal fit in any offense, but he needs more strength, health and reps to develop into a Randy Moss/AJ Green style of WR. He's the best red zone threat WR in this draft, has deep speed, good RAC (despite being overshadowed by Patterson), willing and capable downfield blocker. But, he isn't strong enough and doesn't hold onto the ball in traffic well enough yet.

Twitches Brew
01-28-2013, 11:38 PM
Daniel Jeremiah, former scout for a number of teams, has Patterson going 8 overall to the Bills in his latest mock draft.
Yea I could see that. Also think it's possible that Carolina or StL making a small deal to move up a few spots (just to jump us, really). This top-10 is void of elite home-run guys, so I could see Patterson going high on potential and combine results. Without big splash prospects, It's going to be an unpredictable top-15, I have a feeling.

finfan54
01-28-2013, 11:43 PM
Just want to say, been on cbssports.com nfldraftscout and there mock they have two experts mocking together, one has us taking Allen, the other has us taking Patterson. Not until Minnesota's pick at #23 do they reverse the picks. Which just makes me think these guys are overranked for sucker teams like us or why draft these guys if no one else might not want? Lets let the WR draft market get stuffed up at 43.

ckparrothead
01-29-2013, 12:17 AM
Just want to say, been on cbssports.com nfldraftscout and there mock they have two experts mocking together, one has us taking Allen, the other has us taking Patterson. Not until Minnesota's pick at #23 do they reverse the picks. Which just makes me think these guys are overranked for sucker teams like us or why draft these guys if no one else might not want? Lets let the WR draft market get stuffed up at 43.

It wouldn't be...wise...to conclude things about guys from a talent perspective based on some pattern that you think you've noticed in mock drafts.

Xeticus
01-29-2013, 01:00 AM
I don't know that it's realistic to pull in Greg Jennings (who will cost $7 or $8 million a year), Brian Hartline (who will cost $5 or $6 million a year), Davone Bess (who costs $4 million a year) AND a Cordarrelle Patterson at 12 overall. That's literally about $20 million per year (1/6th of your salary cap), plus the opportunity cost of not being able to use that 12 overall pick on another position. That's overkill for a unit that could still go out on the field and not really make enough dynamic plays. Davone Bess doesn't make dynamic plays and neither does Brian Hartline. Greg Jennings doesn't make as many as he used to. Cordarrelle Patterson could, but only if he "gets it" so to speak...and until then when you've got guys like Greg Jennings, Davone Bess and Brian Hartline in front of him, guys that coaches tend to love because they're reliable if not necessarily huge play makers, that stymies Patterson's ability to actually get out there and make those dynamic plays.Honestly I'd be much happier with Mike Wallace. And if we have to cut Bess and/or Rishard Matthews to free up cap then sorry. Give me Wallace, Patterson and Hartline and I'll be a happy man. Add in a catching tight end and you have a monstrous passing game. And that's 1 veteran WR Free Agent, 1 first Round WR and 1 2nd or 3rd Round TE and that still leaves 3 picks in the first 5 rounds to address pass rusher or CB. Ireland just has to have the sack to do it. What I expect is that he'll whiff on Wallace and Jennings, draft offensive linemen, pass rushers and CB's in the first two rounds (positional value) and address WR in round 3.

This is the year we can take a chance to be great. Does Ireland dare though?

j-off-her-doll
01-29-2013, 01:27 AM
It wouldn't be...wise...to conclude things about guys from a talent perspective based on some pattern that you think you've noticed in mock drafts.

Obviously correct here, but I think his point about WR at #12 has some merit. Looks like there could be some real stud players available at #12 - L. Johnson, J. Cooper, etc. There isn't a WR in the draft that I see with that combination of talent and refinement. With just the number of WR's grouped pretty close together, I'd rather start looking at 42 or 54.

WaxOn WaxOff
01-29-2013, 08:52 AM
I want Wallace and draft Hopkins rd 1. I doubt Patterson would have been a starter at Clemson this past season. Now go ahead and flame away on that.

TrinidadDolfan
01-29-2013, 09:18 AM
If we could bump back from 12 to....say 20 or so, and pick up an extra pick in late RD2.....

Then we could get Bailey at 20, and use 2c) on Honey Badger (he will fly off the board once RD3 starts, my opinion).

That, together with Jennings or Wallace or Bowe in FA means:

Jennings/Wallace/Bowe.......Bailey......Honey Badger. All in Dolphins uniform, after only using up our #12 pick.

Then we would STILL have 2 other picks in RD2, and 2 more picks in RD3.

Wow, I would take that any day of the week.

phinschamp45
01-29-2013, 10:42 AM
either patterson or terrance williams 4.4 speed 6'2 200 pounds.

finfan54
01-29-2013, 05:22 PM

just not seeing the value. ive been pretty consistent saying this.

if we get jennings, i'll bet any amount of money we dont get a wr at 12. I Just feel too much hype going on with these guys and the world right now has us locked into them. too many other wr's with good talent out there.

ckparrothead
01-29-2013, 05:35 PM
Obviously correct here, but I think his point about WR at #12 has some merit. Looks like there could be some real stud players available at #12 - L. Johnson, J. Cooper, etc. There isn't a WR in the draft that I see with that combination of talent and refinement. With just the number of WR's grouped pretty close together, I'd rather start looking at 42 or 54.

Comes down to the individual evaluation. Some would say that there is indeed a stud wide receiver available.

I would note that Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah, who have both been actual scouts within the last two decades, have Patterson going high. Jeremiah has Patterson as the #1 WR on his draft board and has him going to the Bills at #8 overall. Bucky Brooks has Patterson as the first WR off the board to Miami at #12 overall.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

if we get jennings, i'll bet any amount of money we dont get a wr at 12. I Just feel too much hype going on with these guys and the world right now has us locked into them. too many other wr's with good talent out there.

That's fine, everyone has their opinions, I just don't think it would be wise to base your opinion on a pattern in the mock drafts. Should always base it on investigation of the player, preferably film investigation.

finfan54
01-29-2013, 05:56 PM