PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Mock Draft Video - January (2 rounds)

FootballCEO
01-28-2013, 12:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrjBolcQ-UI

Good morning Phins fans! Here's my January mock draft video!

Enjoy!

Em

datruth55
01-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Some people would like that pick but I don't.

FootballCEO
01-28-2013, 03:36 PM
Why not?

PeterNorth
01-28-2013, 03:49 PM
I like Hunter but at #12? Ridiculous. The whole mock is pretty outlandish and awful, actually. Tyrann Mathieu in round 1? Lulz.

Locke
01-28-2013, 03:57 PM
I like Hunter but at #12? Ridiculous. The whole mock is pretty outlandish and awful, actually. Tyrann Mathieu in round 1? Lulz.

No need to be a douchebag about it...

datruth55
01-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Why not?
First off I think he's got diva written all over him. He drops too many passes and I've seen him drop to the ground when going over the middle cause he's scared to get hit. There have been times where he reminds me of a taller Ted Ginn, Jr. His route running needs work and I'm very interested to see how he does in interviews because I'm not entirely sure he has a very high football IQ.

PeterNorth
01-28-2013, 04:43 PM
No need to be a douchebag about it...

There's definitely no need to name call. I'm not going to apologize for being blunt, especially when I see far worse around here all the time. It was a harsh opinion, sure, but the fact remains that the mock was laughable.

Locke
01-28-2013, 04:47 PM
There's definitely no need to name call. I'm not going to apologize for being blunt, especially when I see far worse around here all the time. It was a harsh opinion, sure, but the fact remains that the mock was laughable.

There's a difference between having a harsh opinion, which no one has an issue with, and saying it like a jerk...

uk_dolfan
01-28-2013, 05:00 PM
Some strange calls in that video, especially for Dolphins Hunter. Allen or Patterson at 12? Maybe, but not Hunter.

FootballCEO
01-28-2013, 07:41 PM

Yep...people thought I was crazy last year with my 1st Rd grade of Russell Wilson (jan), Jonathan Martin going to the Dolphins (Jan), Brandon Weeden going in the 1st Rd (Oct Midseason Mock), Vontaze Burfict as a 1st Rd graded player... My mocks are always what I would do and not what WILL happen. I'm a good talent evaluator and yes I would take Mathieu in the 1st round..he's a defensive player that always ends up with the ball in his hand..give me that every day of the week. Watch by week 6 when he has 2 pick sixes, 1 PR for TD and a couple of sacks...then everyone will be like "Oh wow the honey badger is back!"

datruth55
01-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Yep...people thought I was crazy last year with my 1st Rd grade of Russell Wilson (jan), Jonathan Martin going to the Dolphins (Jan), Brandon Weeden going in the 1st Rd (Oct Midseason Mock), Vontaze Burfict as a 1st Rd graded player... My mocks are always what I would do and not what WILL happen. I'm a good talent evaluator and yes I would take Mathieu in the 1st round..he's a defensive player that always ends up with the ball in his hand..give me that every day of the week. Watch by week 6 when he has 2 pick sixes, 1 PR for TD and a couple of sacks...then everyone will be like "Oh wow the honey badger is back!"
Meh, not sure he makes it to week 6 before he gets busted for pot.

Valandui
01-28-2013, 08:09 PM
The two top WRs going right in front of us to the Jets and Bills would really suck.

silverfin
01-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Good job but I can't see Warmack going that high, I think the Eagles go with Joeckel. Also I thought you had Tyler Wilson going a bit high, I think the Cards go tackle with Fisher since their O line is bad. As for our pick, I don't want us taking any receiver in round one since there'll be simiilar talent on the board in Rd 2. I don't think any wideout in this years draft is worth #12. I'd rather we go pass rush in Rd 1 and get a Stedman Bailey or Robert Woods in the second to compliment a FA signing.

PeterNorth
01-28-2013, 09:02 PM

Fair enough but then why do it in a mock draft format at all? The purpose of a mock draft is to try and predict who goes where and when. If it is strictly about what you would do why not just do a "big board" type of thing?

TheBow305
01-28-2013, 09:07 PM
I dig Hunter, so I'd be OK with that!

Tannchise
01-29-2013, 06:45 AM
that corner Jenkins from STL was a good example