PDA

View Full Version : UCF's Nation's First Mock Draft

UCF Nation
01-28-2013, 03:17 PM
1) Corradelle Patterson, WR TENN- Size, speed, big play potential. Potential is the keyword with him, as he is still a bit raw. Developing him with Greg Jennings as a mentor will make this guy flourish in the pros.

2-a) Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU- Another raw candidate who has recently been souring in draft stock. He has incredible potential with his unique size, strength, and length. He would be a force opposite of Cam Wake. He may be gone before this pick, however. But with Jordan, Mingo, and Moerner ahead of him he just may still be on the board.

2-b) Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington Great, shut-down corner that will work great with Sean Smith (if he is resigned).

3-a) Stedman Bailey,WR, WVU- Explosive is my key word for this gentleman. I can't say anything more. Go and look up my 3+ topic about him. Easily my man crush for this 2013 draft.

3-b) Lane Johnson, OT Oklahoma- With Jake Long most likely on his way out, Martin will probably be shifted to LT. I have Lane rated as the top RT in this draft. He is wide, and will provide great running lanes for Miami's deep RB corps. I am scared he will not stick around by this pick, however.

4) Jordan Reed, TE, Florida- Aaron Hernandez 2.0. He isn't a traditional blocking TE due to his size. But he will provide the scorching mismatch that MIami's needs at this position. Him and Jared Cook would bea formidable setup.

5) EJ Manuel, QB, FSU- It's clear Miami is trying to emulate some Philosophies from the Green Bay Packers. With Matt Moore most likely leaving, this leaves Pat Devlin as the #2 man in camp (shutters). EJ is an interesting prospect to develop as an insurance policy in-case Tannehill gets hurt. Hell, he can always be flipped for a draft pick 2-3 years down the line as well.

6) Brandon Bishop, FS, N.C. State- Secondary depth to run with Reshad Jones. Anything to get Nolan Caroll off the field.

7) Caleb Sturgis, K, Florida- Someone to kick the ball in the U shaped thingy.

Remember this in contingent on Miami's free agency. It can be seen in my signature below. I plan to make another Mock after Free Agency starts. Until than, this is just a very tentative guessing game based on my perceptions of what the team needs.

j-off-her-doll
01-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Yeah, you're going to want to amend that 3-b pick.

Locke
01-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Simply don't see how Ansah makes it to round 2...

hooshoops
01-28-2013, 03:30 PM
more la la land...

nice effort but not very realistic that guys last til those spots...

ckparrothead
01-28-2013, 04:17 PM
Wow...kudos. I've not seen a mock draft THAT steeped in fantasy. I'm impressed.

PeterNorth
01-28-2013, 04:39 PM
2a through 3b, with the possible exception of Bailey, will definitely not be there at those picks. What a ridiculous draft that would be, though.

Locke
01-28-2013, 04:49 PM
Wow...kudos. I've not seen a mock draft THAT steeped in fantasy. I'm impressed.

I'd probably jizz my pants if we walked away with first round talent at 2a, 2b, and 3b...

Canadi-Phin
01-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Please somehow allow this draft for the Dolphins to happen, hahaha. I would probably try robbing a bank after this, thinking anything is possible

JRoX85
01-28-2013, 09:59 PM
If the draft played out this way I would poop my pants "literally".. Nice attempt though..

UCF Nation
01-29-2013, 09:28 PM
With Ansah, he received mixed reviews at the senior bowl. He is seen as a project, with I am forecasting causing him to drop slightly since this is such a deep draft with DE's.

ckparrothead
01-29-2013, 09:38 PM
With Ansah, he received mixed reviews at the senior bowl. He is seen as a project, with I am forecasting causing him to drop slightly since this is such a deep draft with DE's.

That's not a good bet. What I've heard is that the scouts are torn on him and that half think he's a top 10 pick and the other half think he's a 2nd round pick. When that's the case, the yay's usually have it (see: Newton, Cam).

But that's not even the pick that is most egregiously poor in terms of pegging what is going to be available where. That honor belongs wot the Lane Johnson at 3-B pick. Lane Johnson is going to go between 65 and 75 picks higher than pick #82 in the Draft. You have him going mid- to late-3rd round. That's a really, really, really off projection IMO.

I suppose Desmond Trufant COULD make it to pick #54...however I've heard the word from scouts is he's a consensus 1st round pick and won't make it out of that round.

I personally think Stedman Bailey will be gone before pick #77 but that's just my opinion and I don't have a ton of backing on that.