PDA

View Full Version : Jets kicking the tires on Jamarcus Russell

fakespike
01-29-2013, 01:07 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4154/jamarcus-russell

Rock bottom, BABY!!

And while I'm sure this thread will get moved to the Depths, this time it's worth it.

Smith21
01-29-2013, 01:23 AM
it says he weighs 305.. is he trying out for tackle or qb?

fakespike
01-29-2013, 01:27 AM
ahhh that was fast. looks like there's an outside chance we'll have a new "Beast of the East" next year.

DisturbedShifty
01-29-2013, 01:27 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/3425989_o-1.gif

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

LVFinsFan
01-29-2013, 01:34 AM
Oh god yes.

Thumper1016
01-29-2013, 02:01 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/relieved-1.gif (http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/relieved.gif)

Ben Had
01-29-2013, 07:15 AM
Can the circus get any better...Russell and Sanchez:woot:

Can the buttfumble be out done?

nyjunc
01-29-2013, 09:22 AM
what would be the negatives in checking out a former #1 overall pick? please explain? let's say we sign him, do you think he'd get anything more than the minimum w/ no guaranteed money? would it hurt our cap? would there be any risk? We have more access to info than ever before yet people still don't understand how this game works.

Mr_Freezetag
01-29-2013, 10:08 AM
what would be the negatives in checking out a former #1 overall pick? please explain? let's say we sign him, do you think he'd get anything more than the minimum w/ no guaranteed money? would it hurt our cap? would there be any risk? We have more access to info than ever before yet people still don't understand how this game works.

I don't think it is a bad idea at all. I read an article in SI last year about how he would like to try to make a comeback so I don't see this being a bad move. If he wants to play he will show that to the team. If he is still a lazy piece of crap then the team will see that. Either way it can't really hurt if your team is stuck with Sanchize.

phinschamp45
01-29-2013, 10:35 AM
i wish the jets sign jamarcus russel and he becomes as good as sanchez or that pro bowler TBow.

cbreeden
01-29-2013, 10:42 AM

Next to Ryan Leaf....who is probably the biggest bust at #1 pick for QB.....ever? JR comes in a close second! 305 lbs as a former QB. He's thrown in the towel and lost all respect for himself AND the game. The better question should be, "Why would ANYONE, let alone the Jests waste their time on this guy?" You already have a 'project' QB that needs more time on a therapist's couch than most paranoid dillusional schizophreniacs.

Never mind, I forgot who I'm trying to reason with. Have at him.

nyjunc
01-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Next to Ryan Leaf....who is probably the biggest bust at #1 pick for QB.....ever? JR comes in a close second! 305 lbs as a former QB. He's thrown in the towel and lost all respect for himself AND the game. The better question should be, "Why would ANYONE, let alone the Jests waste their time on this guy?" You already have a 'project' QB that needs more time on a therapist's couch than most paranoid dillusional schizophreniacs.

Never mind, I forgot who I'm trying to reason with. Have at him.

how is it wasting their time? are the committed to him? will they be signing him to a 5 year deal w/ ahuge guaranteed money? will he be annointed the starter? Instead of hurling insults at least get into a productive discussion. please tell me what is so awful about the discussing the possibility of signing Russell?

cbreeden
01-29-2013, 11:15 AM
how is it wasting their time? are the committed to him? will they be signing him to a 5 year deal w/ ahuge guaranteed money? will he be annointed the starter? Instead of hurling insults at least get into a productive discussion. please tell me what is so awful about the discussing the possibility of signing Russell?

It is a waste of time. The GM's time should be spent on how to reduce their cap issue; how to retain the few quality FAs that are on the team now; draft prospects; and retraining your existing QB into a productive member of the O. It truly is a waste of time to even think about JR. No insults were hurled, thrown or otherwise issued...unless of course you preceived my opinion that way. In which case, that's your problem.

nyjunc
01-29-2013, 11:23 AM
It is a waste of time. The GM's time should be spent on how to reduce their cap issue; how to retain the few quality FAs that are on the team now; draft prospects; and retraining your existing QB into a productive member of the O. It truly is a waste of time to even think about JR. No insults were hurled, thrown or otherwise issued...unless of course you preceived my opinion that way. In which case, that's your problem.

Do you think he's spending all his time worrying about bringing in JaMarcus Russell? Teams discuss thousands of players, all 32 teams (even SB teams) are discussing guys they MAY want to bring in next year.

"Never mind, I forgot who I'm trying to reason with"- this isn't an insult?

zachblitz54
01-29-2013, 11:50 AM
Please, please, please let them sign him. :sidelol:

13ktownguy
01-29-2013, 12:09 PM
I think they want him to compliment Tebow on special teams:jetssuck:

Vaark
01-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Like the proverbial broken clock, this is one case where junk is actually right - it doesn't cost anything to check him out - although all you really gotta know about JaFatazz aside from squandering almost $40million, his addiction to codeinated cough syrup and miserable fail despite being given every chance to succeed is that he's delusional enough to attempt a comeback while still about 50-60lbs overweight.

I use the "broken clock" analogy because by reflex action, whether it involves Rex pimping his wife, Woody being one of two holdouts in resolving the ref strike, Sanchez, The Beancounter's cap hell legacy, the imploding clubhouses, the naive contention that Tripgate was an isolated initiative not organized by the hefty HC, hell, even that Sparano was OC-qualifiiedo put a spin on it- have you ever seen a case where he blindly doesn't defend or try to spin anything jest related?

So in this instance he's right.. but everyone here knows that even our more positively-wired Fins fans would be crapping on this possibility if it were the Fins doing it. It's too bad that Ryan Leaf is incarcerated; otherwise they could have fielded 3 of the most overreached, biggest QB busts in the modern era.

MadDog 88
01-29-2013, 12:18 PM
Over the course of NFL history, many guys who were considered washed up, came back with a new team and played exceptionally well. Jim Plunkett stands out in my mind because he led the Raiders to a SB win. Additionally, the Jets have little to no money to work with so this is the right call. If, a big if, the Jets were to sign Russell it would be at a vet minimum.

Will Russell be any good? I doubt it. The guy is going to shake hands at the combine weighing in at 305 which is 45 pounds overweight. If he was serious, I would think he would have been working out and lost the weight before the combine. The Jets will still need to bring in someone to play QB or at least set up a true competition in camp.

Ben Had
01-29-2013, 12:52 PM
C'mon...havent you just thought for a minute, that maybe just maybe they want to bring him in to give Sanchez career advice.:ponder:

number1fin
01-29-2013, 12:59 PM
How much more rock bottom can you get?!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/arzuteam-1.jpg

Jdiddy8four
01-29-2013, 01:14 PM
Are you sure this didn't originate from The Onion?

nyjunc
01-29-2013, 01:14 PM

Miami 2002-2012?

iwastherein72
01-29-2013, 01:15 PM

I note they haven't considered david garrbage yet LOL.

Shows how much garrbage is worth that even the jest pass on him. But some in our delusional fan base want us to bring him back in.

McMichael81Fan
01-29-2013, 01:17 PM

LOL, wonder what Junc's reaction to the Fins looking into Jamarcus Russell would be.

nyjunc
01-29-2013, 01:25 PM
LOL, wonder what Junc's reaction to the Fins looking into Jamarcus Russell would be.

The exact same, don't confunse myself w/ most of you guys. The same folks who told me how great Calvin pace was when he was rumored to sign w/ Miami then bashed him as a crappy player when he chose us.

This is a no risk move for any team.

number1fin
01-29-2013, 02:13 PM
This is a no risk move for any team.You are wrong!

You risk saving face.

But to be fair the Jets face was all ****** up to begin with...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/JetsFanHat-1.jpg

Roman529
01-29-2013, 02:13 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4154/jamarcus-russell

Rock bottom, BABY!!

And while I'm sure this thread will get moved to the Depths, this time it's worth it.

Damn you guys beat me to the story. Just when I think it cannot get any funnier for the Jests, I read this.

nyjunc
01-29-2013, 02:20 PM
You are wrong!

You risk saving face.

But to be fair the Jets face was all ****** up to begin with...

Please explain the risks involved?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/2012November1116842-1.jpg

cbreeden
01-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Do you think he's spending all his time worrying about bringing in JaMarcus Russell? Teams discuss thousands of players, all 32 teams (even SB teams) are discussing guys they MAY want to bring in next year.

"Never mind, I forgot who I'm trying to reason with"- this isn't an insult?

Nope. Ask anybody here.

Phinatic8u
01-29-2013, 02:42 PM
Nope. Ask anybody here.

In terms it is actually.

But it isn't gonna hurt anybody's feelings.

jared81
01-29-2013, 05:05 PM
i dont think its bad to look at russell. but the jest are kind of admitting they dont like their qb situation if they are giving him a look. you wont see the pats, steelers (you know, the REAL elite teams), looking at this piece of trash, this just proves the jest dont trust sanchez.

lurking
01-29-2013, 05:18 PM
2 of the 3 worst starting QBs in NFL history. (Leaf, sandhole and JRlazy) could be jest. To funny.

nyjunc
01-29-2013, 05:20 PM
i dont think its bad to look at russell. but the jest are kind of admitting they dont like their qb situation if they are giving him a look. you wont see the pats, steelers (you know, the REAL elite teams), looking at this piece of trash, this just proves the jest dont trust sanchez.

Organizations like that look for talent any way they can find it. That's why NE traded for torubled Talib, why they acquired Chad Johnson & Albert haynesworth, etc...

how would picking up a guy on a minimum deal show lack of trust in sanchez? he wouldn't be brought in to start. I'm sure they lack trust in him based on this past season but if a move like this is made(which apparently it will not) it would not be b/c of sanchez.

nyjunc
01-29-2013, 05:22 PM
2 of the 3 worst starting QBs in NFL history. (Leaf, sandhole and JRlazy) could be jest. To funny.

it surpises me to hear such silly comments, you would think dolphin fans understand how hard it is to win in january but some don't.

jared81
01-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Organizations like that look for talent any way they can find it. That's why NE traded for torubled Talib, why they acquired Chad Johnson & Albert haynesworth, etc...

how would picking up a guy on a minimum deal show lack of trust in sanchez? he wouldn't be brought in to start. I'm sure they lack trust in him based on this past season but if a move like this is made(which apparently it will not) it would not be b/c of sanchez.

the only difference is that all of those guys you named at one time were proven players at their positions, they all had off the field issues, but proved they could play. at no time in russells nfl career was he considered a good qb. you seem to think the jest are fine with sanchez (which i hope they believe). taking a flyer on a disaster like russel, just shows they are reaching.

nyjunc
01-29-2013, 05:40 PM
the only difference is that all of those guys you named at one time were proven players at their positions, they all had off the field issues, but proved they could play. at no time in russells nfl career was he considered a good qb. you seem to think the jest are fine with sanchez (which i hope they believe). taking a flyer on a disaster like russel, just shows they are reaching.

Good organizations look everywhere for talent, it would be a no risk move to look at a talented player who never panned out. We've seen it a million times w/ QBs through the decades.

lurking
01-29-2013, 05:43 PM
it surpises me to hear such silly comments, you would think dolphin fans understand how hard it is to win in january but some don't.
My comment still holds truth

nyjunc
01-29-2013, 05:59 PM
My comment still holds truth

There is zero truth to it, you aren't winning 4 playoff games (all on the road) w/ one of the 3 worst QBs in league history or w/ one of the 3 worst QBs in the league at the time.

fakespike
01-29-2013, 09:52 PM
Please explain the risks involved?

thats what they said about Tebow

CattailsrEdible
01-29-2013, 10:46 PM
Wonder whose feet they are using to kick the tire?

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!

jared81
01-29-2013, 10:50 PM
Good organizations look everywhere for talent, it would be a no risk move to look at a talented player who never panned out. We've seen it a million times w/ QBs through the decades.

That is such a broad and general statement. The jest are specifically looking at one of the biggest draft busts in modern day nfl. No matter how great of idea you think this is, they wouldn't be doing it if they weren't in desperate need of qb depth with as cheap of compensation as possible (because they know they have cap issues).

PhinzN703
01-30-2013, 12:37 AM

Since the Jets know how to win and never make mistakes while being the most elite team in the history of sports, you're right. What's the big deal?

Oh I don't know.....could it be a sign the QB position is in shambles? Nooooo never. Sanchez has the position on lock down for the next 15 years.

PhinzN703
01-30-2013, 12:41 AM

Precisely. Yet he doesn't respond to your comments.

nyjunc
01-30-2013, 09:35 AM
thats what they said about Tebow

First off Tim tebow is not why we sucked this year. The move didn't work out but it didn't sabotage our season.

2nd, Tebow cost draft picks and a decent amount of money. IF any team signs Russell it will be for the minimum w/ absolutely no risk, if he sucks or has a bad attitude he's cut w/ no cap ramifications.

That is such a broad and general statement. The jest are specifically looking at one of the biggest draft busts in modern day nfl. No matter how great of idea you think this is, they wouldn't be doing it if they weren't in desperate need of qb depth with as cheap of compensation as possible (because they know they have cap issues).

Actually they aren't, they had DISCUSSIONS about him and I'm sure a million other players.

It's crazy thinking to possibly sign a QB w/ physical ability for the minimum and hope he plays up to his potential w/ absolutely no risk. Pretend any other team was mentioned and it would be a good move.

Since the Jets know how to win and never make mistakes while being the most elite team in the history of sports, you're right. What's the big deal?

Oh I don't know.....could it be a sign the QB position is in shambles? Nooooo never. Sanchez has the position on lock down for the next 15 years.

Your posting is realyl going downhill, you are turning into one of them who never reads posts.

Can one of you geniuses give me one reason it would be a bad move for ANY team to sign Russell to a minimum deal?

Precisely. Yet he doesn't respond to your comments.

I didn't respond? check post 36. Do you need examples? I would think knowledgable football fans like you would know these off the top of your head.

A Doug flutie in Buf in '98, Jim Plunkett, Tommy maddox led Pitt to the playoffs one year, Rich gannon, Stan Humphries, Michael Vick in Philly, Chris Chandler, Wash won a SB w/ a washed up Doug Williams, Steve Beurlein, Jeff Garcia, ... The league is littered w/ QBs being given 2nd/3rd chances and succeeding. perhaps the greatest QB of all time was given a 2nd chance- Johnny Unitas.

But keep pushing your new agenda to bash me b/c you look silly when trying to debate me. join the vaark crew!

JCane
01-30-2013, 09:54 AM
what would be the negatives in checking out a former #1 overall pick?

Well, let's start by saying maybe he becomes your starter.

Not sure how someone who understands the game would interpret that in anyway other than negative.

Unless you hate the Jets. Then it's a positive that he becomes your starter.

Just for once admit that your team is doing something stupid.

Say it out loud. "JaMarcus Russell. Been out of the league since 2009. Career QB rating of 65. 300lbs. Grape drank."

jared81
01-30-2013, 10:10 AM
Actually they aren't, they had DISCUSSIONS about him and I'm sure a million other players.

It's crazy thinking to possibly sign a QB w/ physical ability for the minimum and hope he plays up to his potential w/ absolutely no risk. Pretend any other team was mentioned and it would be a good move.

uh no....I think the majority of dolphins fans laughed at us bringing in Jamarcus Russell a couple of years ago. It showed how dire our qb situation was at the time. The national media was all over us about it to.

Your own fan base seems to agree with me.
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=76728

But keep thinking this is just a conspiracy theory against the jest because everyone else in the world is jealous.

nyjunc
01-30-2013, 10:22 AM
Well, let's start by saying maybe he becomes your starter.

Not sure how someone who understands the game would interpret that in anyway other than negative.

Unless you hate the Jets. Then it's a positive that he becomes your starter.

Just for once admit that your team is doing something stupid.

Say it out loud. "JaMarcus Russell. Been out of the league since 2009. Career QB rating of 65. 300lbs. Grape drank."

I'm disappointed in you cane, someone like you should understand there's absolutely no risk to bringing Russell in on a minimum deal.

Nowhere did I say it would work out, I have said numerous times the chances are he will never succeed but ther's no downside for ANY team to take a look and even bring him in for the minimum. If he sucks or has a bad attitude he's gone w/ no cap ramifications, if for some reason he works hard and plays up tp his talent a team gets a cheap QB.

You are better than this.

uh no....I think the majority of dolphins fans laughed at us bringing in Jamarcus Russell a couple of years ago. It showed how dire our qb situation was at the time. The national media was all over us about it to.

Your own fan base seems to agree with me.
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=76728

But keep thinking this is just a conspiracy theory against the jest because everyone else in the world is jealous.

Who cares if fellow Jet fans don't like it? they see the game the way the average fan sees it like most do. There is absolutely no risk to exploring a move like this.

This is a move where if we make it then it's the circus continues, if NE makes it then it's a great move.

For any team there is nothing invested, it makes sense for any team to give him a look and hope you strike gold. The chances are remote but there's no risk invovled at all.

It's not a conspiracy theory, it's common sense which many average fans lack. You think Bills fans were going nuts for Flutie in '98? he saved their season and led them to the playoffs when they started 0-4. They thought he'd be a sideshow and nothing more. The history of the league is littered w/ examples like that. jim Plunkett was a major disappointment as a #1 overall pick, he was given a 2nd chance in oak and won 2 SBs. Do you think raider fans were jumping for joy when they signed him? For my team no one expected anything out of Vinny Testaverde in '98 and he wound up having the best season for a QB in franchise history leading us to the most wins in franchise history. Don't worry about what other fans think, think for yourself.

Vaark
01-30-2013, 10:40 AM
The problem with the jest specifically kicking the tires on anyone which usually boils down to the tire kickers being The Tootsie Perv or the attention-whoring owner is that, as a case in point, for them those tires feel delusionally A-OK...as evidenced by Tebow and The Meatball (who despite never being an OC, Rex enthusiastically described more or less as his doppelganger). Yes, Russell could turn out to be Lazarus rising from the ashes, but when in the recent past, even his mentor, John Lucas, washed his hands of him as being hopeless, and his coming in thinking he can try a comeback 50-60lbs overweight, perhaps the jest would be better served kicking the tires of someone like David Carr, Chad Henne or Tavaris Jackson.

jared81
01-30-2013, 10:47 AM
Who cares if fellow Jet fans don't like it? they see the game the way the average fan sees it like most do. There is absolutely no risk to exploring a move like this.

This is a move where if we make it then it's the circus continues, if NE makes it then it's a great move.

For any team there is nothing invested, it makes sense for any team to give him a look and hope you strike gold. The chances are remote but there's no risk invovled at all.

It's not a conspiracy theory, it's common sense which many average fans lack. You think Bills fans were going nuts for Flutie in '98? he saved their season and led them to the playoffs when they started 0-4. They thought he'd be a sideshow and nothing more. The history of the league is littered w/ examples like that. jim Plunkett was a major disappointment as a #1 overall pick, he was given a 2nd chance in oak and won 2 SBs. Do you think raider fans were jumping for joy when they signed him? For my team no one expected anything out of Vinny Testaverde in '98 and he wound up having the best season for a QB in franchise history leading us to the most wins in franchise history. Don't worry about what other fans think, think for yourself.

Thats because new england has a history of taking washed up players and making them successful, we dont have that history and neither do you. the fact is, your organization took all of your street cred you got from your playoff run and through it down the toilet when they gave santonio and sanchez stupid contracts., trading for tebow, signing plaxico, etc. doug flutie and vinnie were never addicted to codine cough syrup. they never had run ins with the law and they didnt WEIGH 300 POUNDS!

nyjunc
01-30-2013, 10:59 AM
Thats because new england has a history of taking washed up players and making them successful, we dont have that history and neither do you. the fact is, your organization took all of your street cred you got from your playoff run and through it down the toilet when they gave santonio and sanchez stupid contracts., trading for tebow, signing plaxico, etc. doug flutie and vinnie were never addicted to codine cough syrup. they never had run ins with the law and they didnt WEIGH 300 POUNDS!

Again in 1998 we took a "washed up" Vinny testaverde, someone no one wanted when we signed him in June of that year and he became our starter for years. Ty law was washed up in 2005, he had 10 picks for us(though he wasn't nearly as good as those #s), LT was washed up going into 2010 then played well for us so we do have a track record of supposedly washed up players working out for us. NE tried it w/ 2 guys in 2011 and neither worked out.

Again, I am NOT saying he will have success. The odds are stacked way against him, my point is it is a no risk move. We wouldn't be counting on him, we wouldn't be paying him a ton, it wouldn't hurt our cap. It would be no risk, either he works harder than he ever has and makes the team or we cut him. It's simple.

JCane
01-30-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm disappointed in you cane, someone like you should understand there's absolutely no risk to bringing Russell in on a minimum deal.

Nowhere did I say it would work out, I have said numerous times the chances are he will never succeed but ther's no downside for ANY team to take a look and even bring him in for the minimum. If he sucks or has a bad attitude he's gone w/ no cap ramifications, if for some reason he works hard and plays up tp his talent a team gets a cheap QB.

You are better than this.

I'm not saying that there is a financial risk here. What I'm saying is that it's just not worth any team's time to even kick the tires here.

I would be shocked if anyone, even the Jets, signed JaMarcus Russell. He's trash. Let's be real for a minute.

My thing is, even though he's not a financial risk, he's consuming a roster spot that might be better used on someone else.

This is why I say that you should just come clean and admit that this is a stupid move by the franchise if you guys give him a spot.

nyjunc
01-30-2013, 11:36 AM
I'm not saying that there is a financial risk here. What I'm saying is that it's just not worth any team's time to even kick the tires here.

I would be shocked if anyone, even the Jets, signed JaMarcus Russell. He's trash. Let's be real for a minute.

My thing is, even though he's not a financial risk, he's consuming a roster spot that might be better used on someone else.

This is why I say that you should just come clean and admit that this is a stupid move by the franchise if you guys give him a spot.

They have already said they are not going to sign him, it was ust a discussion but if they did I'd have no problem w/ it unless they announced he'd start and they signed him to a 5 year cap busting deal.

There are plenty of roster spots for training camp, he'd have to earn his way onto a roster so again no risk.

JCane
01-30-2013, 12:12 PM
They have already said they are not going to sign him, it was ust a discussion but if they did I'd have no problem w/ it unless they announced he'd start and they signed him to a 5 year cap busting deal.

There are plenty of roster spots for training camp, he'd have to earn his way onto a roster so again no risk.

If JaMarcus Russell "earns" a roster spot then that says a great deal about the bums you invited to training camp in the first place.

nyjunc
01-30-2013, 12:22 PM
If JaMarcus Russell "earns" a roster spot then that says a great deal about the bums you invited to training camp in the first place.

Maybe, maybe not. what if he actually plays up to his talent? we could say how bad NE was when a 6th rounder became the starter, it's silly. The history of this league is littered w/ guys who succeede in new spots after failing in their original spots.

JCane
01-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Maybe, maybe not. what if he actually plays up to his talent? we could say how bad NE was when a 6th rounder became the starter, it's silly. The history of this league is littered w/ guys who succeede in new spots after failing in their original spots.

JaMarcus Russell doesn't have any talent.

Dude hasn't played in four years. He's 300lbs with a poor work ethic.

How does this end?

Mike13
01-30-2013, 01:16 PM
what if he actually plays up to his talent? we could say how bad NE was when a 6th rounder became the starter, it's silly. The history of this league is littered w/ guys who succeede in new spots after failing in their original spots

He ate himself out of the ****ing league, He is not going to live up to his talent, what skills he had are now gone.
Just admit kicking the tires on the guy is ****ing moronic, maybe then you'll have some credibility.

nyjunc
01-30-2013, 01:55 PM
JaMarcus Russell doesn't have any talent.

Dude hasn't played in four years. He's 300lbs with a poor work ethic.

How does this end?

AGAIN, the chances are remote but he has physical talent if he's willing to put the work in. There are a million examples of players thought to be done or have no talent that were given 2nd or 3rd chances that came back and played well. It likely wouldn't happen but there's nothing wrong w/ bringing a guy in for a look.

PhinzN703
01-30-2013, 01:58 PM
Your posting is realyl going downhill, you are turning into one of them who never reads posts.

Can one of you geniuses give me one reason it would be a bad move for ANY team to sign Russell to a minimum deal?

I might have cared what you thought about my posting a few months ago when you were semi-sane but no more. I'm no more of a psycho than you and your homerific rants that will go on even after you're dead.

Russell is one of the biggest busts in NFL history. Comparing him to Haynesworth and Chad Johnson was hilarious enough. Those guys at least accomplished something. Go ahead and sign him. I'm sure that will make Sanchez **** rainbows knowing they have little confidence in him.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

But keep pushing your new agenda to bash me b/c you look silly when trying to debate me. join the vaark crew!

There's no need to bash you. You make yourself look foolish enough to this entire board. And yes I realize you don't care what any of us think. Of course. I look silly speaking to you. I might just start calling you either Dad or Sir since I'm completely beneath your professional and astute NFL knowledge.

PhinzN703
01-30-2013, 02:01 PM

We should all be so lucky to have such a smart, educated, and well-informed pro such as yourself staying here for years educating us bottom-feeders who don't trust our eyes or know anything. Gang Green is lucky too. To split your zen-like knowledge between TWO sites!

Praise Jesus!

JCane
01-30-2013, 02:16 PM
AGAIN, the chances are remote but he has physical talent if he's willing to put the work in. There are a million examples of players thought to be done or have no talent that were given 2nd or 3rd chances that came back and played well. It likely wouldn't happen but there's nothing wrong w/ bringing a guy in for a look.

Waste of time.

If the Dolphins were doing this kind of stuff I'd be killing them. I killed them for looking at Chad Johnson and look at how that turned out. Guess who wasn't at all surprised.

Only positive that would come from the Dolphins looking at Russell would be the clowning that I'd get to do.

nyjunc
01-30-2013, 02:31 PM
Waste of time.

If the Dolphins were doing this kind of stuff I'd be killing them. I killed them for looking at Chad Johnson and look at how that turned out. Guess who wasn't at all surprised.

Only positive that would come from the Dolphins looking at Russell would be the clowning that I'd get to do.

so were you against signing Cam Wake? he failed in his first attempt to make it in the NFL.

There's nothing negative about checking out a player like Russell or even signing him. I'm sure people laughed when we signed Vinny, when Buf signed Flutie, when oak signed plunkett, when Bal signed Unitas, when Pitt signed XFL MVP Tommy Maddox, etc...

LandShark13
01-30-2013, 02:31 PM
It's hard to imagine the Jets finding a worse quarterback than Sanchez. However I do applaud them for their efforts lol.

JCane
01-30-2013, 02:42 PM
so were you against signing Cam Wake? he failed in his first attempt to make it in the NFL.

There's nothing negative about checking out a player like Russell or even signing him. I'm sure people laughed when we signed Vinny, when Buf signed Flutie, when oak signed plunkett, when Bal signed Unitas, when Pitt signed XFL MVP Tommy Maddox, etc...

No, because I didn't know anything of Cameron Wake.

We're talking about JaMarcus Russell. 300lb QB. Pathetic work ethic. Doesn't like to study film. Hasn't played in four years.

Come on. Be serious.

nyjunc
01-30-2013, 03:00 PM
No, because I didn't know anything of Cameron Wake.

We're talking about JaMarcus Russell. 300lb QB. Pathetic work ethic. Doesn't like to study film. Hasn't played in four years.

Come on. Be serious.

People can change, it's difficult but it can happen. It would be a worthy try for any team. If he doesn't exhibit characteristics of changing his work habits he gets released and you don't lose anything, if he does and macthes his work ethic to his talent you could have a bargain.

PhinzN703
01-30-2013, 03:06 PM

The Dolphins had a need for a DE (hell they still do). It isn't the same thing.

jared81
01-30-2013, 03:21 PM
Again in 1998 we took a "washed up" Vinny testaverde, someone no one wanted when we signed him in June of that year and he became our starter for years. Ty law was washed up in 2005, he had 10 picks for us(though he wasn't nearly as good as those #s), LT was washed up going into 2010 then played well for us so we do have a track record of supposedly washed up players working out for us. NE tried it w/ 2 guys in 2011 and neither worked out.

Again, I am NOT saying he will have success. The odds are stacked way against him, my point is it is a no risk move. We wouldn't be counting on him, we wouldn't be paying him a ton, it wouldn't hurt our cap. It would be no risk, either he works harder than he ever has and makes the team or we cut him. It's simple.

if you cannot see the difference between LT, Vinny, ty law, yerimiah bell, laron landry vs JAMARCUS RUSSELL, then you arent equipt to have an honest conversation.

Vaark
01-30-2013, 03:25 PM
I never cease to be amazed on how some of these "supporting" arguments gets pulled out of someone's heiney. :idk:

Cam Wake got cut and then went to CFL, the next best thing to the NFL and worked hard to become the dominant defensive player there several years running... not to mention being in the best shape of his life. Bracket that against a tub of lard who was given every chance to succeed, was addicted to codeinated caffeine and was so worthless that even his mentor, "The Lost Soul Whisperer" John Lucas threw his hands up in disgust and kicked JaFatass to the curb.

I know this concept for some is hard to understand having gotten an undeserved free pass into the 09 playoffs, but one of the many differences between Cam and Russell is that Cam made his way back to the NFL the old fashioned way: he earned it!

At this point, does anyone really believe our resident homer wouldn't find a way to justify working out Rae Caruth if he were released on a technicality. :idk:

Ben Had
01-30-2013, 03:31 PM
if you cannot see the difference between LT, Vinny, ty law, yerimiah bell, laron landry vs JAMARCUS RUSSELL, then you arent equipt to have an honest conversation.

This is what seperates nyjunc from us average fans:lol:

nyjunc
01-30-2013, 03:54 PM

you asked for examples of perceived washed up players. I gave you numerous examples but of course you don't like the answer so now you'll change it.

Once AGAIN for the 50th time I am NOT saying Russell will be a good player, I am simply saying it's a no risk signing for any team and like a million players before he has the abilityt to turn it around. That doesn't mean he will but it doesn't hurt any team to take a look.

The reading comprehension levels on this board lately are downright frightening. I expect it from vaark b/c he has his excuse agenda and will make anything up but the rest of you? Amazing.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

This is what seperates nyjunc from us average fans:lol:

There are a million things that seperate myself from the benhad/vaarks of the world and that is a very good thing for me.

I still haven't seen one good reason why it is a bad move for any team to look at Russell. you guys are always quick to bash but never have any answers.

Vaark
01-30-2013, 04:00 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/s0y6at-1.jpg

LOL: what could be a prouder badge of honor than being called out for making life miserable for biggest excuse-making homer on both FH and ultra-homeriific TGG. :up:

Is there anyone who doesnt understand at this point that junk will blindly defend anything jest like a pavlovian drooling dog upon hearing a bell . As I observed previously, if Mussolini, the fascist killer, dictator and war monger had been associated with the jest, junk would have praised him for making the trains run on time.

nyjunc
01-30-2013, 04:05 PM
haha, you don't bother me at all and for you- the biggest excuse maker/homer on the planet- to call someone else a homer or excuse maker is pure comedy(unintentional of course).

LandShark13
01-30-2013, 04:10 PM
People can change, it's difficult but it can happen. It would be a worthy try for any team. If he doesn't exhibit characteristics of changing his work habits he gets released and you don't lose anything, if he does and macthes his work ethic to his talent you could have a bargain.

I'm with you on this one Junc! Sign this BEAST to a LONG term top heavy contract and Guarantee him he will start this season! If you do I smell a Superbowl Victory! Unfortunately for you the Jets wont be a part of it lol =)

Vaark
01-30-2013, 04:11 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/2wd3d6f-1.jpg

"the lady doth protest too much" Shakespeare

Hopefully your obsession with me doesn't border on what's turning out to be similar to the one Ronaiah Tuiasosopo has with Manti Ta'o

nyjunc
01-30-2013, 04:19 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/homer_boring-1.gif

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/Stalker20Cartoon-1.png

jared81
01-30-2013, 04:27 PM
you asked for examples of perceived washed up players. I gave you numerous examples but of course you don't like the answer so now you'll change it.

Once AGAIN for the 50th time I am NOT saying Russell will be a good player, I am simply saying it's a no risk signing for any team and like a million players before he has the abilityt to turn it around. That doesn't mean he will but it doesn't hurt any team to take a look.

once again, if you cant see the difference between law abiding, not addicted, once good/great nfl players and JAMARCUS RUSSELL, then you are just trying to start **** and not have a real dicussion. do you at all wonder why the fans on your own board think this is a terrible idea, the national media thinks its a joke. you and rex ryan are the only two people on this earth who think bringing this clown in for a workout is a great idea. maybe he will "play like a jet", maybe he will be able to part of the 8th most possible franchise in the new york market. he probably would come cheap, instead of money, you can pay him in szyurp. the terrible personal decisions in the past 3 years are exactly why he will be looking for work with his brain dead brother next year.

Vaark
01-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Hey maybe we're rushing to judgement too soon. JaMarcus doesn't look any worse, more ridiculous or disgraceful in jest gear than many of its other azzclowns. :idk:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/rrjkeu-1.jpg

Generated, Filed and Posted (for cause) about 2 years prior to your latest copycatting. .
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/05/dg2nev-1.jpg

jared81
01-30-2013, 04:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsANbNz0W_c

nyjunc
01-30-2013, 04:33 PM
once again, if you cant see the difference between law abiding, not addicted, once good/great nfl players and JAMARCUS RUSSELL, then you are just trying to start **** and not have a real dicussion. do you at all wonder why the fans on your own board think this is a terrible idea, the national media thinks its a joke. you and rex ryan are the only two people on this earth who think bringing this clown in for a workout is a great idea. maybe he will "play like a jet", maybe he will be able to part of the 8th most possible franchise in the new york market. he probably would come cheap, instead of money, you can pay him in szyurp. the terrible personal decisions in the past 3 years are exactly why he will be looking for work with his brain dead brother next year.

what is the downside to bringing him in? how does it HURT your football team? it doesn't matter if he was the fattest, laziest, biggest crack hea din the history of the game. Sometimes you can strike gold w/ a guy who was a failure in another place.

the "8th most possible franchise"- what does that even mean? now you are speaking vaarkish

nyjunc
01-30-2013, 04:35 PM
who does vaark think he fools? the guy that follows me on various boards, saves screenshots from YEARS ago is accusing me of stalking? This is like OJ accusing Nicole Simpson & Ron Goldman of murder

PhinzN703
01-30-2013, 04:38 PM
This is like OJ accusing Nicole Simpson & Ron Goldman of murder

Totally the same situation

Vaark
01-30-2013, 05:12 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/01/4sb3na-1.jpg

who does vaark think he fools? the guy that follows me on various boards, saves screenshots from YEARS ago is accusing me of stalking? This is like OJ accusing Nicole Simpson & Ron Goldman of murder

Proud to have been one of the early BS debunkers seeing past the untrolllike more polite dispensing of the homerisim, bias, passive aggression directed towards our legacy, I've been calling out the junster's BS and revisionism for about 4 years now, As his fantasy and conveniently parsed stats and homer-based hierarchy of what was important until that improved have long been a shifting ine in the sand, in the course of surfing 4 other boards, I have screen captured his BS while watching his fellow members laugh at him - if nothing more than to present incontrovertible proof impugning his judgement and objectivity.

As to Junk puking out 25thousand mostly biased, homeristic posts on FH, flitting around with wings a'flappin like a little humming bird attempting to suppress any posted jest realism.. when Carpenter crapped the game away, within less than 48 hours, junk making e close to 200 posts in 4 different forums trying to crowbar in his last worditis here in the No Spin Zone that unbridled display of OCD Lastworditis level homerism speaks for itself.

Always denigrating anything Fins while clutching to an egregious act of charity resulting in beating 2 dead or choking post season teams and then the following season in what's now become the distant past as a dubious jest claim to fame?

When it comes to junk's obsession with anything fins or his obvious obsession with me, it's pretty clear what's going on here, both figuratively and now literally (but Homey don't play that Manti way although I know some girls get off on "tough love")

cdz12250
01-30-2013, 05:21 PM
Please, baby Jesus, please let this be true. Let them get him and let them start him. Please...

Ben Had
01-30-2013, 06:17 PM
It's hard to imagine the Jets finding a worse quarterback than Sanchez. However I do applaud them for their efforts lol.

This is the only FA QB on the planet that Sanchez could possibly beat out!!!

It's no wonder nyjunc is so hot for him:lol:

It just keeps getting better and better...2013 is going to be a blast...

Ben Had
01-30-2013, 06:20 PM
Please, baby Jesus, please let this be true. Let them get him and let them start him. Please...

Dude...lil baby jesus is just an average fan...ask junc:lol:

nyjunc
01-31-2013, 09:30 AM
I lose IQ pts every time I read certain posters posts.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

vaark: I have a question for you. In the past you mock our owners personal life w/ his relationship w/ his daughter, you mock our HC and his freaky ways w/ his wife. How do you feel about this Marino situation? I eagerly await your response.

Bumpus
01-31-2013, 09:32 AM

Gee that's interesting. Sounds sorta familiar.

cbreeden
01-31-2013, 09:48 AM
I still haven't seen one good reason why it is a bad move for any team to look at Russell. you guys are always quick to bash but never have any answers.

You've been given several by different posters and dismiss them all because we are average fans who don't know as much as the powerfull 'junc'. Dude, you are smoke and mirrors who just doesn't get it. There is no team in their right mind who will waste time on JR because that is exactly what he is...a waste of time.

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain..."

nyjunc
01-31-2013, 09:58 AM
You've been given several by different posters and dismiss them all because we are average fans who don't know as much as the powerfull 'junc'. Dude, you are smoke and mirrors who just doesn't get it. There is no team in their right mind who will waste time on JR because that is exactly what he is...a waste of time.

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain..."

several whiny reasons but not one good one. How does it hurt a football team to look at a player and possibly sign a guy to a minimum deal? You guys have nothing b/c you don't understand the game.

The history of the league is littered w/ guys perceived to be done getting 2nd chances and succeeding. heck 2 years ago we signed Maybin and he played really well for us. He did nothing last year but he did perform for us in 2011. I'm sure you guys bashed us for that no risk move, it happens all the time. There's no risk invovled but average fans think every move to be made must be a big splashy move or it sucks/

PhinzN703
01-31-2013, 10:22 AM
several whiny reasons but not one good one. How does it hurt a football team to look at a player and possibly sign a guy to a minimum deal? You guys have nothing b/c you don't understand the game.

The history of the league is littered w/ guys perceived to be done getting 2nd chances and succeeding. heck 2 years ago we signed Maybin and he played really well for us. He did nothing last year but he did perform for us in 2011. I'm sure you guys bashed us for that no risk move, it happens all the time. There's no risk invovled but average fans think every move to be made must be a big splashy move or it sucks/

Bow before me minions. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

jared81
01-31-2013, 11:18 AM

i really dont believe you understand football. all you do is just turn anything the jest do (specifically rex ryan, woody and sanchez) into the greatest, edgey idea ever. if you cant see the difference from a player (maybin), who had a couple of unproductive seasons, vs a player like russell who is drug addicted, broke and hasnt played in 3 years, then you dont understand the game.

Vaark
01-31-2013, 11:20 AM

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

vaark: I have a question for you. In the past you mock our owners personal life w/ his relationship w/ his daughter, you mock our HC and his freaky ways w/ his wife. How do you feel about this Marino situation? I eagerly await your response.

As it appears in your struggle to comprehend the thrust of this thread's rational arguments, if you are losing IQ points, your synapses are obviously short-circuiting. It really might be a good idea to move onto another thread before it's too late to fight another day :idk:

That's a legitimate question, but since your new spin-word is "context" permit me to use it here.

First, you're not being accurate: not only have I taken Woody to task for being such a terrible father that his daughter first made a perennial spectacle of herself before OD'ing, and taken Rex and his wife to task for immorality, but I've also taken the jest to task for signing Cromartie and paying off his deadbeat dad child support payments on something like 8 kids many of whom he couldn't recall the names of by 6 or 7 different mothers, the sexual harrassment of sexy Mexican reporters as well as my conviction that instead of one guido assistant coach going off the reservation and tripping our gunner, instead it was an HC-organized crime considering all those assistants were aligned in formation equi-distanced from each other like The Rockettes, no more than 5-10 feet away from an obvious complilcit HC in the planning.

So yes, I've been critical of the above, but especially with Woody and then Rex's perversions and immorality, they were in reaction to your always playing the "look at one of our ceremonial 1/2 of 1/2 percent "owners" of the team peeing in her pants while she was actually performing (it looks like trust fund baby Woody never worked an honest day in his life by comparison). So if you're gonna cast the first blow about our ceremonial owners and keep a tally of who on the Fins have run afoul of the law (unlike say Aaron Berry and his two felony arrests before the jest signed him or the draftee who had to serve a prison term for physical violence b4 joining the team, or even Santonio Holmes and his violence against a woman), you need to be prepared to be bitch slapped in return and take it like a man.

Now as to the Marino scandal: Unlike you, when I read about it this morning, my first reaction was negative as well as it was a shame that this will tarnish his record, not one of the GOATs at his position, but pertaining to all he's done afterwards. It wasn't a circle the wagons reflex reaction of "how can I spin this as irrelevant or unimportant (like you do with Rex and Michelle contending it's perversion among consenting adults and no one gets hurt- forgetting their kids), or "hey, it was an isolated incident, and testosterone has broken up many a marriage" vs. "Antonio paid his debt and is current in supporting his children."

And that's my contention: I do not condone what Dan has done, although unlike Cromartie, it doesn't look like he's a serial sperm propagator and has paid millions to support his illegitimate child - no doubt remembering her name as well. You on the other hand by reflex begin immediately minimizing the issue, deflecting or ignoring it if it casts anything jest in a negative light. I probably understand better than you that that's just the way you're hard-wired. :idk:

So yes I am critical of Dan for both the affair and not being more careful as well, but to compare that to a lifetime of poor parenting (the proof being in the pudding) or a recurring advertisement on an alternative lifestyle site soliciting indiscriminate sex with a bunch of well hung strangers frankly are not apples to apples analogies.

cbreeden
01-31-2013, 11:23 AM

And you don't listen or comprehend what you read. Stop rehashing your same argument (league is littered with has beens), nobody is disagreeing with that. What the vast majority of football fans understand is that when a #1 pick does not have the work ethic to play the game at the pro level, he is a waste of time. If he truly wanted a shot, he would have gone to the CFL or somewhere else THE LAST 4 YEARS to get in shape and learn how to play the position, but he didn't. Russel has NEVER been good or showed any inclination to get good....so why waste your time?!? That's the point! Get it?

nyjunc
01-31-2013, 11:52 AM
i really dont believe you understand football. all you do is just turn anything the jest do (specifically rex ryan, woody and sanchez) into the greatest, edgey idea ever. if you cant see the difference from a player (maybin), who had a couple of unproductive seasons, vs a player like russell who is drug addicted, broke and hasnt played in 3 years, then you dont understand the game.

clearly reading isn't your friend. If you actually read my posts you'd understand I bash the Jets when they deserve it like this year. I am just not over the top about the way you guys are. Just admit you are wrong and move on before you try again to deflect w/ more lies.

vaark: you are alreadr making excsues for Dan and don't start the "unlike you" garbage. I bashed Rex for his behavior, I bashed Braylon when he got arrested and alled for him to be suspended, I've bashed Cromartie over and over again. You make excuses when things like that happen to Miami whether it was the TWO drunk driving arrests, the div leading arrests in the last decade, the prostitute question, etc... and now w/ Dan you give you inital criticism but follow it up brining up other examples of what you perceive to be worse to try to make Dan look better instead of just saying "Dan made a mistake, I'm disappointed in his behavior". It's classic excuse maker/deflector vaark.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

And you don't listen or comprehend what you read. Stop rehashing your same argument (league is littered with has beens), nobody is disagreeing with that. What the vast majority of football fans understand is that when a #1 pick does not have the work ethic to play the game at the pro level, he is a waste of time. If he truly wanted a shot, he would have gone to the CFL or somewhere else THE LAST 4 YEARS to get in shape and learn how to play the position, but he didn't. Russel has NEVER been good or showed any inclination to get good....so why waste your time?!? That's the point! Get it?

where would they be wasting time? you teams teams discuss thousands of players they never sign, right? you know there are tons of guys every year who get cut so are those guys wastes of time? you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about but keep trying.

Vaark
01-31-2013, 12:05 PM
I said he made a mistake and it will forever cast a shadow on his post player career.. I intimated that BEYOND that he made a mistake by having unprotected sex. It's incredible how out of touch you are not only with the reality surrounding you but also with how that universe perceives you... in this case, poor reading comprehension. If anything, this is more of a condemnation than the usual tepid deflections, excuses and/'or rationalizations regarding anything negatively jest related. But then again, if your synapses are misfiring from trying to keep up with the arguments in this thread, I guess you can make an argument that it's inevitable. :idk: What it's also is throwing down the gauntlet that anytime you wanna summon Dan up you'll get a ****storm back filled with a lot more egregious, disgusting and immoral examples of where you hypocritically deflected, minimized, or rationalized.

How does he made a mistake that will forever tarnish his post playing career deflect or compare vs "Rex and his wife are consenting adults and despite the perversion, immorality of their recurring abnormal sexual behavior, they're not hurting anyone" ???

Seriously, you need to take a step back from those voices in that head of yours that's perhaps getting too pummelled around here lately.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/05/ajxxdu-1.jpg

nyjunc
01-31-2013, 12:13 PM
yep then you started bashing others for things they did to deflect from Dan's poor judgement. It's what you always do, you rationalize everything Miami and blow everything up NYJ. It's sad.

cbreeden
01-31-2013, 12:16 PM
where would they be wasting time? you teams teams discuss thousands of players they never sign, right? you know there are tons of guys every year who get cut so are those guys wastes of time? you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about but keep trying.

And those players never make news.....why do you deflect when the point is right in your face? Just admit when you're wrong....or has the delusion taken permanent hold?

Vaark
01-31-2013, 12:34 PM
yep then you started bashing others for things they did to deflect from Dan's poor judgement. It's what you always do, you rationalize everything Miami and blow everything up NYJ. It's sad.

I condemned his poor judgment in 2 ways actually.. a lot more incisively than the tepid way you explain your HC's immorality for example. But since you love to pro actively dump on the Fins without provocation, I've also served you notice that anytime you wanna take Dan on, be prepared to hear about your QB icon making a drunken fool of himself over Suzy, your immoral and perverted HC and his wife mutually seeking well-hung strangers for anonymous often perverted sex, your absentee father, tax cheating owner, your serial illegitimate creating deadbeat dad corner, your organized Tripgate scandal regarding our gunner,,, as the tip of that particular iceberg.

File this under the reality of : "Trolls in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/05/2cr0guq-1.jpg

nyjunc
01-31-2013, 12:43 PM
And those players never make news.....why do you deflect when the point is right in your face? Just admit when you're wrong....or has the delusion taken permanent hold?

where am I deflecting? please explain?

cbreeden
01-31-2013, 01:34 PM
where am I deflecting? please explain?

You dismiss everyone who has a differing opinion as either "average fans" or "know nothing about the game" when most everyone in this thread has made valid points. You refuse to acknowledge even the most rudiment of social behaviors (being wrong) and your delusion about the jest making news about a 'never was' as a possible great find is homerism to the nth degree. Let me guess, that's not deflection.

nyjunc
01-31-2013, 02:55 PM
You dismiss everyone who has a differing opinion as either "average fans" or "know nothing about the game" when most everyone in this thread has made valid points. You refuse to acknowledge even the most rudiment of social behaviors (being wrong) and your delusion about the jest making news about a 'never was' as a possible great find is homerism to the nth degree. Let me guess, that's not deflection.

Please post the valid points again, maybe I missed them.

Just b/c a point is posted doesn't mean it is a valid one. There is not a valid reason why signing a guy like Russell would be a bad thing. Most fans think signing him means he's starting and you have to invest big money to eat the cap but he'd sign a minimum deal w/ no risk. He wouldn't even be guaranteed a roster spot.

This has NOTHING to do w/ the Jets, I'd say the same thing if you guys had discussions or any team. It's a no risk move for any team but keep hurling insults as if that helps your agument.

where did I say he would be a "great find"? I have state dover and over and over again the chances of him succeeded are remote. This is the problem w/ you guys, you interpret what I post instead of actual reading what I post. If you actually read my posts we wouldn't have many issues.

The New Guy
01-31-2013, 04:08 PM
I don't see what the big issue is. Yes, he was a bust. Yes, he had / has terrible work ethic. Yes, he hasn't shown anything to make anyone think that he is worth another shot. But you never know. The Jets are in a tough spot. They need to explore any and every option out there to try and improve the roster. Do I think Russel is anything more than a waste of time? No, but there is no harm in taking a look.

Ben Had
01-31-2013, 04:48 PM
Your going to see alot of this from the Jets this year. They are losing so many FA's and starters...and are CAP strapped!

This will be interesting to watch...nyjunc will have to use his very best spin... :lol:

cltchperf
01-31-2013, 11:21 PM

What's worse? dude, I thought the Jets are or were going to get competition for Sanchez. Tebow is better competition for sanchez than Jamarcuse. Russell Sucks and if they plan on getting a better FA, then get it, they are wasting time and $ and depth on Russell. But then again, Sanchez isn't much better than Russell, but they should get someone better than Sanchez and not was time with scrubs like Russel who apparently is playing weight for Offensive tackle right now.

nyjunc
02-01-2013, 09:52 AM
I don't see what the big issue is. Yes, he was a bust. Yes, he had / has terrible work ethic. Yes, he hasn't shown anything to make anyone think that he is worth another shot. But you never know. The Jets are in a tough spot. They need to explore any and every option out there to try and improve the roster. Do I think Russel is anything more than a waste of time? No, but there is no harm in taking a look.

That's pretty much the point. heck we were talking about bringing him in 2 years ago when sanchez was playing well. You never know if a guy suddenly starts to get it and even if you have a QB IF a miracle happens then you have depth at QB. There's no downside to taking a look or even signing him for ANY team.

Your going to see alot of this from the Jets this year. They are losing so many FA's and starters...and are CAP strapped!

This will be interesting to watch...nyjunc will have to use his very best spin... :lol:

if we suck we suck, there's nothing I can do. I will always be honest.

What's worse? dude, I thought the Jets are or were going to get competition for Sanchez. Tebow is better competition for sanchez than Jamarcuse. Russell Sucks and if they plan on getting a better FA, then get it, they are wasting time and $ and depth on Russell. But then again, Sanchez isn't much better than Russell, but they should get someone better than Sanchez and not was time with scrubs like Russel who apparently is playing weight for Offensive tackle right now.

Russell wouldn't be the competition for mark, that is totally different. We are going to look at a mid level vet like a Matt Moore or Jason Campbell.

The New Guy
02-01-2013, 12:55 PM
That's pretty much the point. heck we were talking about bringing him in 2 years ago when sanchez was playing well. You never know if a guy suddenly starts to get it and even if you have a QB IF a miracle happens then you have depth at QB. There's no downside to taking a look or even signing him for ANY team.

if we suck we suck, there's nothing I can do. I will always be honest.

Russell wouldn't be the competition for mark, that is totally different. We are going to look at a mid level vet like a Matt Moore or Jason Campbell.

Something we actually can agree on.
:jawdrop:

:lol:
Roster spots on wasted on guys who never develop anyways. QB is the hardest position to find. I would rather take a gamble on a QB over some project at some other position. IF a team saw enough in him to sign him, how is it any worse than having some nobody at any another position that most likely won't pan out? It's not.

If Russel was the only move the Jets (or any other team) were going to make to try and improve the QB position, then it would be a huge mistake. I doubt that would be the case with any team looking at him though.