PDA

View Full Version : THE BEST pre-combine MOCK DRAFT

mia4ever
01-29-2013, 05:33 PM
You can't have a DOLPHINS MOCK Draft without a Mocking the off-season moves
due to the many free agent on the Dolphins roster....

CUT
Dimitri Patterson
Richard Marshall save about 7 million

Total: 46 + 7 Million = 53 million

Re-sign
Starks - 3/21 7 million a year
Hartline- 4/17 9 million guaranteed the first two season
Smith - 5/40 24 million guaranteed

Total : - 19.5 Million per year

Chris Clemons- 3/6 million
Marlon Moore - 2/1 million
Pat Devlin, - 1/.500,000
Nate Garner- 3/5
Anthony Fasano 2/6
Austin Spitler- 1/.600,000

Total: - 8 million

Sign
Greg Jennings 5/45 27 million guaranteed

Jeremy Shockey, 2/2 millions

Perfer Free Agent release for team: OG ,OT,RB

Total: -10 million

Let walk
Jake Long
Reggie Bush
Matt Moore
Jonathon Amaya,
Tony McDaniel

1.*Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State 6-1 217
[B]My opinion: IF Milliner and Mingo are off the board ,Rhodes is the next sure thing as a play-maker.

STRENGTHS: Rhodes is strong for the position with a solidly-built frame and excellent arm length. He loves to jam and get physical in press coverage, getting in the face of receivers at the line of scrimmage and staying aggressive through the whistle.

Rhodes has very good click-and-close ability with strong plant-and-go burst to drive on plays in front of him, undercutting routes and knocking down passes. He does a nice job getting his head around to locate and high point with very good leaping ability and timing. Rhodes can flip his hips and easily change directions with a near-effortless transition, showing the ability to adjust and contort his body.

He is confident and instinctive in coverage, coming off his man to make a play on the ball with very good ballskills. Rhodes does a nice job defeating blocks to be a factor against the run and is a punishing striker, making the decleating hit if it's there.

He has very good experience with 39 career starts, finishing his collegiate career with eight interceptions and 31 passes defended.

2.*Justin Hunter WR 10 Tennessee Jr 6-4 200 2-3

Strengths: Hunter is a tall, long athlete with an exception catching radius and reach. He is a fluid, gliding mover with long strides and deceiving speed to get vertical or make plays after the catch. He has strong footwork in/out of his breaks with sharp route quickness to sell patterns and create some separation. He tracks the ball beautifully, adjusting with outstanding body control.

2.Brennan Williams OT 11 North Carolina Sr 6-7 315 3-4
My opinion:Instant Starter at either LT or RT

North Carolina starting offensive tackle Brennan Williams will miss the remainder of his senior season after surgery Thursday to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder, team spokesman Kevin Best announced. Williams hasn't played at 100% for much of the season and further injured his shoulder in the fourth quarter against Duke last Saturday. Williams currently ranks as NFLDraftScout.com's No. 2 senior offensive tackle and 38th prospect overall. At 6-7, 310 pounds

3.Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB 7 Florida State Sr 6-3 260
My opinion: injury last season but Jenkins is a sack machine

He plays with explosive burst off the snap with a quick first step and acceleration to chase down the action. Jenkins lacks prototypical size and struggles to shed, but plays with violent hand usage and does a nice job manipulating his frame to get past blockers. He needs to improve his leverage and consistently play lower to the ground, but both 3-4 and 4-3 teams will be interested in Jenkins in the top-40 picks next April.

3.Travis Long OLB 11 Washington State Sr 6-4 245
My opinion:Finally a quality back -up for aging OLB in Kevin Burnett

Strengths: Highly instinctive, passionate player with natural pass rush savvy. Lanky athlete with the frame to add significant muscle mass and still maintain his quickness. At least adequate initial quickness off the snap from the three point stance to get the pass blocker shuffling and has good lateral agility and flexibility to counter. Possesses long arms to keep the pass blocker free from his chest-plate and locates the football quickly, quickly discarding the block to pursuit laterally and downfield. Surprisingly stout at the point of attack, showing a good understanding of leverage to hold up, as well as good agility to twist his way free. Versatile defender who has lined up as a traditional defensive end, stand-up pass rusher and asked to drop back into coverage as a 4-3 outside linebacker. Isn't an explosive hitter but wraps his arms securely for the effective, reliable tackle in space. Highly durable player who started 47 games for the Cougars.

4.*Dion Sims TE 5 Michigan State rJr 6-5 285
My opinion: A blocking TE who can can 20 to 30 pass a year

STRENGTHS: Excellent size, speed, agility combo for the position. Tough to bring down after the catch and can rack up yards. Improved technique, including stance, between sophomore and junior seasons. Offensive coordinator Dan Roushar complimented Sims' dedicated over the 2012 offseason to get into better shape and improve his focus.

5.Conner Vernon WR 19 Duke Sr 6-0 193
7.Brandon McGee CB 19 Miami (Fla.) Sr 5-11 195
7.Gilbert Pena DT 20 Mississippi Sr 6-2 334

ckparrothead
01-29-2013, 05:40 PM
Don't know about the best, but probably the most unique while also being the most realistic as far as prices are concerned.

dolfin530
01-29-2013, 06:41 PM
I don't like Rhodes at 12

UCF Nation
01-29-2013, 06:48 PM
Xavier Rhodes is projected by alot of mock drafts to come off the board in the low 20's.

JCane
01-29-2013, 07:26 PM
No way does Justin Hunter get to the second round.

And no mock can be considered the best without Bacarri Rambo.

Phinatic8u
01-29-2013, 07:48 PM
No way does Justin Hunter get to the second round.

And no mock can be considered the best without Bacarri Rambo.

Rambo and Jones in the backfield would be ****ing amazing.

Kevlared
01-30-2013, 02:04 AM
i like the hunter pick, even though he probably wont fall to 45. and the rhodes pick, is just a HUGE REACH. would rather take patterson or allen at that spot. only corner i would take at 12 is milliner.

justdev7
01-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Rambo and Jones in the backfield would be ****ing amazing.

My thoughts exactly (GO DAWGS!). That being said, I love the Justin hunter pick. I don't understand why everyone is sleeping on him all of a sudden.

And Jenkins was my favorite pass rusher last year. It'll be interesting to see what the injury does to his stock.

hooshoops
01-30-2013, 11:42 AM
ehhh...rhodes at #12 would put a bad taste in my mouth...

Roman529
01-30-2013, 03:58 PM
Not bad....I just think I would add Sean Smith to your "let walk" list along with Jake Long and Reggie Bush. I am ok with re-signing Hartline at around $4 million a season...but if he demands $5+million, I tell him to get lost. I like Xavier Rhodes but not at #12...we could probably get Johnthan Banks at #12 if we took a CB early on. I don't know if Justin Hunter gets past the first round....but he would be solid pick if he dropped to the 2nd round. Brennan Williams could go late 3rd early 4th, so I think you have him going a little early. The rest of the guys are all solid picks....realistic draft.

SF Dolphin Fan
01-30-2013, 11:02 PM
I love your 3rd round picks and am a big fan of Hunter. Would go in another direction for R1.

TheBow305
01-31-2013, 09:11 PM
I'll take that offseason ALL DAY!

luduporcu
02-01-2013, 01:46 AM
Borscht.

foozool13
02-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Rhodes will be a 2nd round pick.

roy_miami
02-02-2013, 12:47 AM
I think we'll regret giving Smith that kind of money and we better extend Jones sooner rather than later.

kvado16
02-02-2013, 12:49 AM
WAY WAY way too much money for Sean Smith! He's a serious scrub, who got burnt everytime like I swear to god it got to a point where whenever someone threw a deep ball in his vicinity I wouldn't even get nervous anymore cause I knew it'd either be A.) a touchdown or B.) A long reception. Paying someone for their measurables is the worst thing you can do, and as for potential I think we have seen the most Smith could develop, I mean **** we gave him 4 years and he was pure garbage each year. As for your offseason assessment it's your opinion and I respect it so I won't criticize it, because you probably have as much of a chance on being right on the whole offseason as I do, but I had to lash out on the Smith deal I just don't get why everyone wants to pay him like a star corner.

roy_miami
02-02-2013, 01:00 AM
WAY WAY way too much money for Sean Smith! He's a serious scrub, who got burnt everytime like I swear to god it got to a point where whenever someone threw a deep ball in his vicinity I wouldn't even get nervous anymore cause I knew it'd either be A.) a touchdown or B.) A long reception. Paying someone for their measurables is the worst thing you can do, and as for potential I think we have seen the most Smith could develop, I mean **** we gave him 4 years and he was pure garbage each year. As for your offseason assessment it's your opinion and I respect it so I won't criticize it, because you probably have as much of a chance on being right on the whole offseason as I do, but I had to lash out on the Smith deal I just don't get why everyone wants to pay him like a star corner.

If we would have extended Smith this time last year for $3-4 million I would have been fine with that, now I would pay him $5 mill max but I know he's gonna get a lot more than that so buh-bye Mr. Smith.

allsilverdreams
02-02-2013, 07:50 AM
think you went with team needs and not teams BPA.this way of drafting kills teams

mia4ever
02-27-2013, 05:35 PM
think you went with team needs and not teams BPA.this way of drafting kills teams
MAYBE

But Xaiver is now the number 2 rank CB
after(the combine) Banks ran a 4.6 ...but what I didn't like about Banks was 185 pound slightly built frame
I prefer physical DB over speed anyday

I'll post my post combine Mock soon

Roman529
02-27-2013, 05:43 PM
I give it a solid C.....I am not crazy about resigning Smith or signing Jeremy Shockey who is older than dirt. Xavier Rhodes is good, but not worth a 12th overall pick. I love Justin Hunter, WR with our first second rounder. Brennan Williams is ok with our 2nd round two pick, but I probably would hold off on an OT in round two. I would take TE Gavin Escobar from San Diego State over TE Dion Sims in Round 4...not a bad draft though.

RT2DT4TD
02-27-2013, 06:18 PM
Rhodes at 12 is par.

lil tom digby
02-27-2013, 09:53 PM
I like the Rhodes and Jenkins picks, I don't think Rhodes makes it past Tampa Bay..

insomnia411
02-27-2013, 11:08 PM
Uhhhh Jeremy Shockey???

MP-Omnis
02-28-2013, 01:29 AM
You're letting Jake Long walk and replacing him with damaged, UNproven goods? Sure, let's get Tannehill killed.