PDA

View Full Version : Jason LaCanfora: Dustin Keller "definitely" won't be back with the Jets

MrEd
02-05-2013, 10:44 PM
http://wqam.com/interviews.

There will be a number of TEs available in FA that I believe Miami can fill both the veteran WR need (Jennings) and TE need (Keller) prior to the draft. He even mentions that the Jets are indeed shopping Darell Revis. Could we be interested in say trading one of our 2nd round picks for Revis? Would they even deal him to a division rival?

silverfin
02-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Would they even deal him to a division rival?

Never.

Never never ever.

I don't think they'll trade Revis, I think it'll be Cro, but if they did trade Revis there is absolutely no chance they trade him to us, New England or Buffalo. I'd be surprised if they dealt him to any AFC team.

MrEd
02-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Probably right. But I think Keller should be one of our targets in FA though...

Patrick_Bateman
02-05-2013, 11:21 PM
There's also no way they let Revis go for a second rounder, Darelle Revis coming off an ACL injury is still more valuable than Vontae who went for a second.

mega-fin-love
02-06-2013, 12:59 AM
There's also no way they let Revis go for a second rounder, Darelle Revis coming off an ACL injury is still more valuable than Vontae who went for a second.

He was talking about both of our second round picks...I don't think that would do it either but just sayin

TealAttack13
02-06-2013, 01:10 AM
http://wqam.com/interviews.

There will be a number of TEs available in FA that I believe Miami can fill both the veteran WR need (Jennings) and TE need (Keller) prior to the draft. He even mentions that the Jets are indeed shopping Darell Revis. Could we be interested in say trading one of our 2nd round picks for Revis? Would they even deal him to a division rival?

I doubt they would deal Revis in the division. Would be nice but not likely.

mr3117
02-06-2013, 01:16 AM
For the right price they will deal revis to any team

Travis34
02-06-2013, 01:30 AM
Yeah maybe, but the "right price" for us would be like 2 entire drafts. We're not going to get Revis.

Keller, I'd take probably. I haven't seen much of Cook but it seems this is our year to upgrade TE in FA

Keller, Cook, Pitta (FA?), Finley (if cut)

I like.

MiamiNative0722
02-06-2013, 01:35 AM
Too short. Pass.

DolfanDuBbZ~
02-06-2013, 02:54 AM
Revis and his future contract are no go for MIA.

As for TE. Give me one of the mentioned and a young draftee. Double TE sets, mismatches galore. Add Jennings to the mix. And Tannehill is setup to succeed.

allsilverdreams
02-06-2013, 11:05 AM
I doubt they would deal Revis in the division. Would be nice but not likely.

were talking about the jets here.didnt they trade for Tebow lol.it would not suprise me to see that disfunctional team trade Revis within the division

DolfanDuBbZ~
02-06-2013, 11:44 AM
were talking about the jets here.didnt they trade for Tebow lol.it would not suprise me to see that disfunctional team trade Revis within the division

You can wish. But the Jets new GM comes from previous stops that have produced winners.

nyjunc
02-06-2013, 11:52 AM
You can wish. But the Jets new GM comes from previous stops that have produced winners.

The previous GM produced winners too and drafted Revis & Keller. There's no way we trade Revis w/in the division, I still don't think we trade him at all but we'll see.

RockyMtnPhinfan
02-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Dustin Keller is very intriguing.

maso3348
02-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Never.

Never never ever.

I don't think they'll trade Revis, I think it'll be Cro, but if they did trade Revis there is absolutely no chance they trade him to us, New England or Buffalo. I'd be surprised if they dealt him to any AFC team.

I agree about him not going to an AFC East team.

However if Ireland and Co. really wanted him they would probably have to find a third team in order to execute the trade and get Revis in Miami. THis seems to only happen in the NBA and MLB dont recall the last time I saw it in the NFL.

TealAttack13
02-06-2013, 01:06 PM

Tannenbaum is gone. I doubt this new guy wants to start off making a disaster of a trade like that.

The Omen
02-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Revisd is a great CB, but I honestly think HE thinks he's worth more then his talent proves. The amount of money he's looking for I hear is 16 million. Personally I don't think he's the best CB in the league, top 5 yes, but that's before the ACL. The Jets can keep him and his constant demand to get paid.

Keller on the other hand should be considered. The TE position for this team is one of the positions I'm really interested in what we do with this offseason.

TealAttack13
02-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Dustin Keller is very intriguing.

I've said it before, Keller is way overrated. Yes, you can make a case that he had chemistry with one of the worst QBs in the league, which made Sanchez look better. Truth is, this guy drops TONS of passes. Not even bad ones, right in the numbers. I calculated it last week, and I think I determined that he only caught 56% of his passes, or somewhere in that ballpark. You would be surprised how many of them were good, catchable throws.

DolfanDuBbZ~
02-06-2013, 01:11 PM
The previous GM produced winners too and drafted Revis & Keller. There's no way we trade Revis w/in the division, I still don't think we trade him at all but we'll see.

Tannenbum lost his way. He went all in and rolled craps. But hey, maybe history will repeat itself, and they will extend more contracts to players who are backups at best.

DolfanDuBbZ~
02-06-2013, 01:14 PM
I've said it before, Keller is way overrated. Yes, you can make a case that he had chemistry with one of the worst QBs in the league, which made Sanchez look better. Truth is, this guy drops TONS of passes. Not even bad ones, right in the numbers. I calculated it last week, and I think I determined that he only caught 56% of his passes, or somewhere in that ballpark. You would be surprised how many of them were good, catchable throws.

Over rated to whom? He would be a nice addition and would bring a different skillset to the position. Over rated is the guy FH holds in high regard and wants to keep here.

rembrandt
02-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Double TE threats seem to be the trend so I think its important we upgrade this position.

TealAttack13
02-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Tannenbum lost his way. He went all in and rolled craps. But hey, maybe history will repeat itself, and they will extend more contracts to players who are backups at best.

The best bet you can place is on Woody Johnson. This is the guy who HAS to steal headlines. He doesn't play for rings, he plays for page 6. It's a shame the Giants didn't win the Super Bowl again, because then you can guarantee he would do something stupid. They'll take Te'o for headlines, and sign garbage FAs, and deal Revis. The Jets are a non-issue, especially with Sanchez under center. Woody Johnson doesn't care if they win or lose.

hooshoops
02-06-2013, 06:09 PM
revis for a 2nd round pick is a pipe dream...even coming off an acl

as for keller guys looking for top money and hurt all the time...no thanks

MrEd
02-06-2013, 06:19 PM

Well, that's where the thought is coming from, on that he's got an ACL torn and for all we know, he won't be 100% or up to speed when the season starts. But the question was would they trade him to a division opponent. I'm more interested in Dustin Keller actually. But even if not, with Cook and Bennett likely available as well, we should be able to take care of our TE need via FA prior to the draft not having to use a high pick if any on one.

hooshoops
02-06-2013, 06:26 PM
kellers overrated...does you no good if he doesn't suit up...and he's not the elite seam buster that he's made out to be...someone will overpay though i'm sure...in line also he's not very good...

someone would trump you on any 2nd round pick stuff for revis right now...a true contender that needs that one piece would pounce

nyjunc
02-06-2013, 06:39 PM

This was the first year keller missed multiple games. I know he's not a top TE but he's a good one.

hooshoops
02-06-2013, 06:44 PM
This was the first year keller missed multiple games. I know he's not a top TE but he's a good one.

you sure this is the first year??? hasn't he played also before knicked up and done nothing??? my point is in a league full of bad receiving te's he's not a bad one but he's also not what he wants to be paid like...which is highest paid te in football...he's looking for $8 mil per easy...

i think he's a bit more hype than substance personally...not a top 5 te in football

Travis34
02-06-2013, 07:44 PM
hoops what is your take on our TE options in FA this year? Thoughts on Cook or Finley? (if cut of course)

nyjunc
02-07-2013, 09:39 AM
you sure this is the first year??? hasn't he played also before knicked up and done nothing??? my point is in a league full of bad receiving te's he's not a bad one but he's also not what he wants to be paid like...which is highest paid te in football...he's looking for $8 mil per easy...

i think he's a bit more hype than substance personally...not a top 5 te in football

Everyone plays knicked up at times, this was the first year he didn't play 16 games. I think he'll likely be overpaid by someone, he probably won't be worth the deal he gets but he's still a quality TE. I think he is a around the top 10.

MadDog 88
02-20-2013, 11:22 AM
Hoops I think you are undervaluing Keller. If he is matched with Fasano that is a solid 2 TE combo. Keller has remained healthy most of his career with last year being the exception. He is not at the top of the NFL but there is no doubt he would contribute in a big way. I haven't heard a number he is looking for but I find it hard to believe he would get any where near 8.