PDA

View Full Version : Peak Oil: A Reality?

SkapePhin
03-02-2004, 08:57 PM
http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

This website is very interesting. Scary stuff.

DeDolfan
03-03-2004, 12:44 PM
I've always been waiting for the earth to just suck up like a beer can after so much has been sucked out of it. But the oil barons just say, "Damn the torpedoes, fULL speed ahead!". But I guess it is more important to go and study mars than to develope alternate energy tho.

Kamikaze
03-05-2004, 03:07 AM
Glad there's other people aware of our fate. Who wants to get in on a self-sustaining commune with me?

SkapePhin
03-05-2004, 10:51 AM
Im jetting off to the Amazon and living off the river if I see this coming into fruition..

I just read in the papers today that this summer will see all time high gas prices and some shortages across the nation.

DeDolfan
03-05-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Kamikaze
Glad there's other people aware of our fate. Who wants to get in on a self-sustaining commune with me?

We can make it like one of those 60s communes with all thoise "brain-washed" chisck and flower power and all that !! ;)
:lol:

DeDolfan
03-05-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by SkapePhin
Im jetting off to the Amazon and living off the river if I see this coming into fruition..

I just read in the papers today that this summer will see all time high gas prices and some shortages across the nation.

Well, Skape, it's only a matter of time unless something is done.
Check this out, next time you but a 2 liter bottle of soda, see how long it lasts. Of course it depends on how much you pour out and it begins to collapse. If you keep the cap on, it'll likely last forever.

themole
03-07-2004, 06:31 PM
ALAS BABYLON ?

PhinPhan1227
03-08-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by themole
ALAS BABYLON ?

I was 12 when I read that book. Pretty cool for its time.

themole
03-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

I was 12 when I read that book. Pretty cool for its time.

I still read it occasionally and it's still cool 12...only it's not the USSR that threatens us, It....IMHO is something far more sinister "Religious Fanatics". The survival plans still would apply, only the population of this state is 14 x what it was when the book was written.