PDA

View Full Version : So let me get this straight....

Predaphin
03-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Im trying to find the rules for FML, becuz i asked both 984 & PT if we had to set out WR before we snap the ball...and they both said yeah....but when i played Baz he didnt set his WR sometimes, so I wasnt sure, anyway, i set my WR througout the whole game except for the last play and Im not sure if Baz was aware fo that...so what is the rule on setting WR?? ...I dont care for the game, ill give him the win, but had i known we didnt have to set the WR, no way he wins that game by that much.

Baz
03-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Like my game versus PT, I didn't throw the ball to the guy in motion. It was my understanding that the rule was meant to take away the plays that use motion to offset the bump-and-run coverage. So if I wasn't throwing to the guy, what should it matter?

Secondly, calling the run plays while in motion was my way of countering the super quick quarters defense. I call the play quickly(while the WR is in motion) in order to catch the D before it adjusts. Otherwise, the defense busts up the run everytime, so it was my way of evening up the playing field. If I'm wrong in this matter, let me know and we'll discuss what happens next......

Dolfan984
03-07-2004, 10:28 PM
It's fair as long as he doesn't throw to that receiver.

Prime Time
03-08-2004, 04:30 PM
Yeah but we also did it so that a WR cannot block a LB on a running play, because that takes away the CB and a LB because they get clogged up in the middle..

Dolfan984
03-08-2004, 05:43 PM
Really? I didn't know that happened. May have been why you were able to kill me in the running game the first time we played, cause that one receiver took out 2 CBs cause there was only 1 WR there and a LBer.

Baz
03-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Prime Time
Yeah but we also did it so that a WR cannot block a LB on a running play, because that takes away the CB and a LB because they get clogged up in the middle..

:rolleyes: This is the biggest load of $hit I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever seen a WR take up both a WR and a LB. Why wasn't this mentioned earlier if this was a problem? Rediculous......

TerryTate
03-09-2004, 08:39 PM
I second Baz on that one, this rules were crap this year.

Prime Time
03-09-2004, 11:53 PM
He doesn't, he takes away a LB and the CB following him gets sucked up in the middle. I didn't say there was a problem with you doing it I said that is why we made the rule.