PDA

View Full Version : Give this WWE star a tryout........

enigmatics
03-10-2004, 06:33 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2218514

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

.........yup Brock Lesnar of the WWE is leaving the company to persue a career in the NFL. Read all about it. 6'4, 295 lbs.....This guy is a beast.

Mindwarp
03-10-2004, 06:35 PM
can he play oline?

Disgustipate
Uh, no?

Someone needs to tell this guy that he's reversed his attempted career path.

Washed up NFL players go to Wrestling, not the other way around.

LIQUID24
Maybe he can bodyslam Wanny for us

DolphinDevil28
03-10-2004, 06:36 PM
:rolleyes: :nono:

Muck
03-10-2004, 06:37 PM
I would kick.....his.....a**.

enigmatics
03-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Disgustipate
Uh, no?

Someone needs to tell this guy that he's reversed his attempted career path.

Washed up NFL players go to Wrestling, not the other way around.

What's wrong with a tryout??? I mean I am kidding around, but how could you be so offended by a simple tryout?

GIO
03-10-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by LIQUID24
Maybe he can bodyslam Wanny for us

:lol:

fairbanksb
03-10-2004, 06:40 PM
The Rock played for U of M? Back problems cost him a shot at the NFL but he can do what he does in professional wrestling?:lol:

Dol-Fan Dupree
03-10-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Muck
I would kick.....his.....a**.

he was a NCAA championship wrestler. I don't think he would be a good NFL player, but the guy is a bada**.

SMadison29
03-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Lesner would probably be a DE prospect(if you can call him a prospect). I'd give him a try out but prepare for a big distraction.

Spikes
03-10-2004, 06:52 PM
Paging Dan Snyder...

Dan Snyder your high profile, makes no sense free agent is ready

Lukin
03-10-2004, 06:53 PM
Man, that sucks that Lesnar is leaving WWE. I'm kind of a wreslting fan, though I haven't watched it since around last september (start of football season). He was supposed to be their future. Like the next Hogan, or Rock.

As far as him playing in the NFL... :lol: While I'm sure it takes temendous physical abilities to be a professional wrestler, I doubt he has the speed or endurance to make the transition to the worlds most demanding sport, at it's highest level.

Dol-Fan Dupree
03-10-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Lukin
Man, that sucks that Lesnar is leaving WWE. I'm kind of a wreslting fan, though I haven't watched it since around last september (start of football season). He was supposed to be their future. Like the next Hogan, or Rock.

As far as him playing in the NFL... :lol: While I'm sure it takes temendous physical abilities to be a professional wrestler, I doubt he has the speed or endurance to make the transition to the worlds most demanding sport, at it's highest level.

he was a NCAA champion in wrestling. He has the endurance. Maybe not the speed.

Mindwarp
03-10-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Spikes
Paging Dan Snyder...

Dan Snyder your high profile, makes no sense free agent is ready

:rofl:

Muck
03-10-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
he was a NCAA championship wrestler. I don't think he would be a good NFL player, but the guy is a bada**.

But I could still kick his ***.

MNFINFAN
03-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Brock was courted by a few NFL teams after leaving U of Minnesota, but decided to get into wrestling, I seriously doubt he has the football skills, but he is a freak in size. My family know him well, my brother in law was a team mate of his at the U, and he is a bad ars*, but he didn't play ball with the gophers, so he would definitely be a project. But from wrestling, he has damn good balance, speed, strength and smarts. man he can't do any wore than mandarich (sp) can he? So someone will give him a shot and try to fill a hole with him.

LIQUID24
This definitely has to be a childhood dream,cuz star wrestlers make pretty good money ( $1mill + )

grooves12
Come on, just because we are talking about signing a bodybuilder to play receiver (Boston) doesn't mean we need to start pulling in every guy with big guns to the team. :)

Who would win in a fight Boston or Lesner??

Dol-Fan Dupree
03-10-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by grooves12
Come on, just because we are talking about signing a bodybuilder to play receiver (Boston) doesn't mean we need to start pulling in every guy with big guns to the team. :)

Who would win in a fight Boston or Lesner??

probably the guy that is better at fighting.

Disgustipate
03-10-2004, 07:03 PM
Because, our franchise has already had an embarassing offseason. We dont need to give an workout to some meatheads half thought out publicity stunt.

Workouts should be reserved for actual, you know, football players. When's the last time this guy played football? 5+ years ago, in High School? Give me a break.

dean_siu
03-10-2004, 07:07 PM
He could never pass a drug test anyways....i guarantee you this man has taken tons of steriods to look like that.

Samphin
03-10-2004, 07:39 PM
Well, having attended many J Robinson amateur wrestling camps ( Jeff Robinson is the head coach of U of Minnesota Gophers wrestling team) and being a former Professional wrestler myself, I can say with much certainty that Muck, more likely than not, could not kick Brock's arse. The only man I know to stack up with Brock is a guy by the name of Kurt Angle, also a pro wrestler but former GOLD MEDAL winner in the Olympics for wrestling.

Brock is no punk either, He along with Shelton Benjamin have turned pro and done really well for themselves. I didn't think Brock had any experience in football though.

Another favorite of mine at Minnesota was Tim Hartoung ( sp?) The guy was solid as a brick and is now wrestling for the U.S. national team, he could be a player come Olyimpic time. I know he was slated to go to the world championships in IRAN last year but that got canceled when theU.S.A. decided it was too dangerous to send our guys over during the war.

Anyhoo, Brock, is a huge guy with a massive frame. He has always been big but has gotten "shredded" since turning pro. I wouldn't say he is on steroids, but the dude endorses supplements and probably has access to many different types of performance enhancers ( legal and otherwise). Someone was right though, most of the time football prospects end up in wrestling after thier football career is over with. Ron Simmons, The Rock, Darren Drozdov ( before being paralyzed in the ring), Bill Goldberg, Bradshaw, as well as many others. Some made it to eh NFL and flamed out, while others were standout college stars ( Ron Simmons had his number retired at Florida State) and just couldn't make it much further.

Anyhow, that is your wrestling lesson for today. Join me next time as we talk about former wrestlers who now have hip replacement surgeries, with special guest, "Superstar" Billy Graham. :lol: :jk:

DolfanDaveInATX
03-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Lesnar will be a DT in the NFL. Once he gets off the "pro wrestler 1% body fat" diet and starts eating like a football player, he'll be somewhere between 315 and 330. I'd like to see him line up next to Larry Chester in 2005. Which one do you double?

Muck
03-10-2004, 08:00 PM
I could still kick his *** though.

kud
03-10-2004, 08:01 PM
I'm a pretty big WWE fan myself, I had no idea of this. Apparently they don't want anyone to know that he is leaving the WWE for the NFL. They will probably make up some kind of skit for him to leave. He's facing Bill Goldberg at wrestlmania, so he will probabaly fake an injury or something.

But anyways, Brock won't be a factor in the NFL.

Samphin
03-10-2004, 08:06 PM
Dolphinizzle, both Goldberg and Lesnar should be leaving after Wrestlemania. Goldberg is without a contract and Lesnar due to being "stressed." I find it interesting because usually if someone is on the outs with the company, the company buries them ( makes them look bad) and makes the other guy look real god. However, in this case, if both are in fact, leaving the company for good, it puts them in a pickle. My prediction? Steve Austin is the guest ref and ends up going over both of them somehow and looking like a hero..

P.S. Muck, I bet you wouldn't say it to his face though. I would have to be a sneak attack like this :chair: :lol:

Muck
03-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Dude, I would beat his ***.

Check out this video of me bashing a Patriots fan (http://muck.finheaven.com/stuff/videos/cartman-beatdown.mpg) outside my house. :chair:

allred65
03-10-2004, 10:59 PM
I guess they will have to change his slogan from "here comes the pain" to "there goes the pain".

MNFINFAN
03-10-2004, 11:50 PM
Hey Samphin

Sounds like you are a big wrestling fan, Tim Hartung, is pretty good too, did you ever meet my bro in law Brandon Paulson at J's camps, he was a Gopher too and a Silver Medalist in Greco Roman in the Atlanta Games. It was pretty wild cause after the Olympics he and Kurt Angle got to wrestle Jenny McCarthy on MTV.:jawdrop: She is a huge wrestling fan.

Brandon just won gold and qualified his weight in Serbia for the 2004 games in Athens. We have Nationals over Easter in Vegas, then Olympic Qualifiers in May. Don't watch much professional, but it is fun to see Mr Olympian and Brock on there occasionally.

Anyway what was the topic again?

Samphin
03-11-2004, 12:07 AM
MN, I took to the Gophers after attending those camps in high school. Tim Hartung about whopped my *** seven ways to Sunday! :lol: The last name of Paulson sounds familier, but without looking into it, I couldn't tell ya if I remember him or not. Obvioulsy not distinctly. I did see Angle on MTV after he won his medal though. Man that guy could bend backwards like no man should be able to do!

I have been into pro wrestling since I was a wee lad. My uncle was a pro wrestler so naturally, I took to it myself. I did it for a little while, a couple years in fact, got burned out and it wasn't fun anymore, so I quit. I still have friends in the business who have done remarkably well though so it is fun to track their successes without getting hurt myself!

It is a shame that amateur wrestling isn't showed on TV anymore. It is like hockey in many ways. Once you get people out to the meets, they are hooked for life. Oh well.

Anyhow, the Topic is about Brock Lesnar...shouldn't this be moved already?

inFINSible
03-11-2004, 08:14 AM
Names Samphin...NAMES!!......yours and your uncles'...let's have'em ...NOW.....c'mon, buddy....don't make me go all psycho on you.....:club:

;)....notice I said "buddy"....hehe....:escape:

Samphin
03-11-2004, 12:33 PM
inFins, my uncle wrestle din the northwest territory under a mask. He was known as...The Spolier. Most wrestling fans have heard of the name, but unfortunately, probably not of my uncle. Back when he wrestled, wrestling was very territorial and often times the same gimmick was used by different people throughout the country.

Every now and then when I mention his name people will get excited and remember. However, usually it was someone else using the same name. My uncle wa spretty hard tomiss seeing how he was over 400 pounds in a mask. He wrestled a lot in Mexico, where masked wrestlers are revered, or hated with a passion. He was followed home one night after a show and was stabbed outside his car by a fan wanting to see his face. It was pretty nuts. The mask still stayed on though :lol:

As for me, you wouldn't have heard of me. I live in the bay area and trained in the bay area. I never venutred out any further and never made a name for myself. I wrestled under my real name and only had a few matches under my belt before I moved on.

I hope this satifies your instaiable thirst about my life inFins. I just can't say no to a guywho is screaming at me while I look at Jack Nicholson going crazy in his avatar. :lol:

THATHURMANATOR
03-11-2004, 01:11 PM
This guy is joking right?

DeDolfan
03-11-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by enigmatics
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2218514

.........yup Brock Lesnar of the WWE is leaving the company to persue a career in the NFL. Read all about it. 6'4, 295 lbs.....This guy is a beast.

I'd rather give Torrie Wilson and Rena Mero a tryout instead!!

:D :D

inFINSible
03-11-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Samphin
inFins, my uncle wrestle din the northwest territory under a mask. He was known as...The Spolier. Most wrestling fans have heard of the name, but unfortunately, probably not of my uncle. Back when he wrestled, wrestling was very territorial and often times the same gimmick was used by different people throughout the country.

Every now and then when I mention his name people will get excited and remember. However, usually it was someone else using the same name. My uncle wa spretty hard tomiss seeing how he was over 400 pounds in a mask. He wrestled a lot in Mexico, where masked wrestlers are revered, or hated with a passion. He was followed home one night after a show and was stabbed outside his car by a fan wanting to see his face. It was pretty nuts. The mask still stayed on though :lol:

As for me, you wouldn't have heard of me. I live in the bay area and trained in the bay area. I never venutred out any further and never made a name for myself. I wrestled under my real name and only had a few matches under my belt before I moved on.

I hope this satifies your instaiable thirst about my life inFins. I just can't say no to a guywho is screaming at me while I look at Jack Nicholson going crazy in his avatar. :lol:

Thank you very much....:D

I know exactly what you mean about the local wrestling scene, I remember a few "Spoilers"....I was a Florida wrestling fan myself......Jack and Jerry Briscoe....Wahoo McDaniels.....Manny Fernandez....Harley Race.....Dusty Rhoads.............Gordon Soley!!! :lol:.....man we had ALL the big names before they went to TBS...:lol:....That's cool to know that, in your own area, you were one of these guys!:cool:

CanadianFish
03-11-2004, 07:11 PM
Just wanted to add that the Rock never had a legitimate shot at the NFL after his injury in college he went to the CFL playing for the Calgary Stampeders where he was nothing more then a backup earning 55 000$ a year. Half way thru the season he left the team without a word to anyone and started his Pro wrestling career.

:spank:

Muck
03-11-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by DeDolfan
I'd rather give Torrie Wilson and Rena Mero a tryout instead!!

:D :D

I concur. Only I'm willing to give them a position right now. :drool:

DeDolfan
03-12-2004, 10:54 AM
WHOOOoooooooooooooaa!! A foursome then, perhaps?? :D :D