PDA

View Full Version : Baz brainstorming......

Baz
03-11-2004, 01:51 PM
Here are my ideas for the new season of FML........

1a) 4 4-team divisions. You play your division twice, and a random teams from each of the other 3 divisions. This adds more uncertainty to who is as good as who, allowing surprises and upsets late in the season.....

1b) The 4 division divided into 2 conferences. The 4 division winners and 1 wild card team from each division enters the playoffs.
- Round 1 - Wild cards play eachother
- Number 1 seeds vs Number 2 seeds from opposite
conference
- Round 2 - Highest remaning seed vs lowest remaing seed
- Round 3 - ditto
- Round 4 - Super Bowl

2) Stats should be mandatory. We keep and record our stats so that we can award OPOY, DPOY, and MVP. Also we can give out weekly awards. With 16 teams, the same guy won't keep getting the award......

3) I know some don't agree, but I really don't think we should have duplicate teams. I've been playing Madden long enough to know that a good player can beat someone else with any team. I know we all have our favorites, but you may find out you are better with another team than you are with the Dolphins......

4) Less rules for gameplay. As long as you play straight-NFL style football, you can do what you want. Of course we limit the things that people do like go for it on 4th and long, 18 audibles to get someone open, etc...

If anyone else has any ideas, post them here......

TerryTate
03-11-2004, 03:00 PM
For giving stats and avoiding confusion, if you choose to be the dolphins for example and someone else chooses to be the dolphins, you have DolphinsA and DolphinsB, just remember what letter you are....for example, if Ricky Williams gets 200 yards in a game and gets player of the week for DolphinsA, then RickyWilliamsA wins it, its that simple....

And the way I play and my effectiveness is determined with my personnel.....and sometimes a great player cant win with any team, you give dolfan984 the Cardinals for this upcoming madden league and see how well he does. For the league to be most competitive, we should let people be whatever team they want, that way the competition is tighter and tougher. Players are at their best this way. The beauty of Madden is that you can play a Dolphins vs. Dolphins matchup unlike real life, and i like it that way. Not many people will be the dolphins anyhow, you would be surprised.

Baz
03-11-2004, 04:06 PM
I guess that works. Since 984 is also helping with this, maybe we should get his view on it. I'll go along with whatever you all want, but I'd prefer to have no duplicate teams......

iceblizzard69
03-11-2004, 05:00 PM
Duplicate teams is a good idea, but we should have a limit of how many people can have a certain team. The truth is that some teams are stronger than others, and it does matter which team you are.

Dolfan984
03-12-2004, 02:02 PM
I'm for no duplicate teams, but I'm not gunna cry if you decide to put them in.

Sorry I haven't been posting as much, the internet on my cpu went kaput and I'm using my bros cpu.

Maybe what Ice said, having a limit to how many duplicates there are.

Personally, the Dolphins O sucks too bad for me. :P

TerryTate
03-12-2004, 02:35 PM
dolfan984 can u see what you can do with the schedule i started?

Baz
03-12-2004, 06:01 PM
Yeah, sorry TT, but I couldn't figure it out......

TerryTate
03-12-2004, 09:12 PM
i give up.... lol its too much time, i say we just have everyone play everyone, its too complex otherwise, and make it a 12 player league, two divisions

Prime Time
03-13-2004, 03:01 AM
Oh, Mr. Criticism realized how difficult it is/was to run a league and he is only on the schedule part...

TerryTate
03-13-2004, 03:25 AM
Prime Time, its not rocket science to schedule for 8 players as opposed to 16, considering we werent gonna do 16 games. Theres a big difference, besides, my criticism wasnt for the schedule-making part, it was for your antics AFTER that...

Prime Time
03-13-2004, 05:13 PM
Don't be upset because I knocked you out of the playoffs :rofl:

TerryTate
03-13-2004, 05:45 PM
i was upset with you before i beat you the first time if that tells you anything.....

Prime Time
03-13-2004, 06:21 PM
It tells me nothing.

Bodzilla29
03-14-2004, 06:57 PM
Since I am new to the league i couldn't care less if you listen to me or not, but I htink duplicate teams is bad....i wont even play my friends for fun with the same teams....i'd rather be the scottish claymores! lol

If we are only having 12 teams in the league it should be very easy to come up with 12 very strong teams....

But like i said, if you do have duplicate teams i don't care, i'll just pick a team that isn't a duplicate....no biggie....

breckenridge55
03-17-2004, 12:32 AM
I prefer no duplicate teams personally, balances out play. But whatever, not my choice. I was thinking of being the Lions though for old times sakes but if you guys are all going to use the team you're best with I'd probably get ripped.