PDA

View Full Version : Who would you pick?

Billsfan
05-01-2002, 10:44 AM
Please settle an argument!

Please be as objective as possible.

You have just been hired as the GM of the Houston Texans. On May 2, 2002, the Buffalo Bills cut WR Eric Moulds. On the same day, the Miami Dolphins cut WR Chris Chambers. Your team needs a WR but you can only sign one of them. Which one do you take?

dolphan39
05-01-2002, 10:46 AM
Chambers - he's younger, a better citizen and makes much less money.:p

PHINFAN4LIFE
05-01-2002, 10:56 AM
Question not applicable!

Billsfan
05-01-2002, 11:04 AM
You guys are so funny........it's like choosing between E. James and A-Train. Sure, A-Train had a great rookie season, but you'd have to take James.

dolfan06
05-01-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Billsfan
You guys are so funny........it's like choosing between E. James and A-Train. Sure, A-Train had a great rookie season, but you'd have to take James. there is no way i'd take moulds if chambers was available. CC is younger and showed more potential than eric ever did!:p

baccarat
05-01-2002, 12:39 PM
Chambers has never cried and made a big scene because he didn't get the ball. Moulds last season reminded me of Keyshawn "Give me the ball" Johnson.

PHINFAN4LIFE
05-01-2002, 12:41 PM
N/A :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billsfan
05-01-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE
N/A :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree 100% this is the funniest post ever. I bet you'd take J. Nails over R. Brown, he is younger then Brown and I think Brown complained about the locker rooms once. Wouldn't want a cancer on the team. Which is also very funny. Because the Dolphins have NEVER signed a player that has had problems with the law. Ok I'll back off of this. But you guys are delusional.

baccarat
05-01-2002, 12:53 PM

I agree 100% this is the funniest post ever. I bet you'd take J. Nails over R. Brown, he is younger then Brown and I think Brown complained about the locker rooms once. Wouldn't want a cancer on the team. Which is also very funny. Because the Dolphins have NEVER signed a player that has had problems with the law. Ok I'll back off of this. But you guys are delusional.

Just b/c we signed some guys in the past who were in trouble with the law, doesn't mean we should start signing more of them. Delusional? Who is the one who won't admit Moulds was a distraction last season?

Billsfan
05-01-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by booyeah_

Just b/c we signed some guys in the past who were in trouble with the law, doesn't mean we should start signing more of them. Delusional? Who is the one who won't admit Moulds was a distraction last season?

DISTRACTION!!!!!! They were 3-13. He was frustrated. What's Delusional is picking a rookie who caught around 45 passes over a Pro-bowl WR.

baccarat
05-01-2002, 01:07 PM

DISTRACTION!!!!!! They were 3-13. He was frustrated. What's Delusional is picking a rookie who caught around 45 passes over a Pro-bowl WR.

How do you know who I voted for? I actually voted for Moulds. I did so, because as of now Moulds is a better WR than Chambers. In a year or two, however, I think Chambers will be better.

So its ok to be a distraction if your team is doing poorly? I guess Randy Moss was just venting his frustration because the VIkings had a bad year.

badfoot
05-01-2002, 01:09 PM
yea what about ccarter is he having the same problem ?And sorry but moulds only seems to perform against us ...lol He is not that special and is WAY OVERPAID!!!

Billsfan
05-01-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by booyeah_

How do you know who I voted for? I actually voted for Moulds. I did so, because as of now Moulds is a better WR than Chambers. In a year or two, however, I think Chambers will be better.

So its ok to be a distraction if your team is doing poorly? I guess Randy Moss was just venting his frustration because the VIkings had a bad year.

You can NOT compare Moulds to Moss. One said the offensive game plan is poor and that he should get the ball more and the other sprays the refs with water and tells the media that he only runs his routes when the ball is going to him

phins054
05-01-2002, 02:41 PM
Chambers over Moulds...Less money up front HUGE potential.

Billsfan...You should have more sense than to ask a silly question like that here...But I guess thats why you are a bills fan...Can't get enough beat downs...:D

dolfan06
05-01-2002, 02:43 PM
Please settle an argument!

Please be as objective as possible.

You have just been hired as the GM of the Houston Texans. On May 2, 2002, the Buffalo Bills cut WR Eric Moulds. On the same day, the Miami Dolphins cut WR Chris Chambers. Your team needs a WR but you can only sign one of them. Which one do you take? you can't buy time, the younger chambers gets it, no question. if i had a chance to be good at a sport or 21 again, age wins it everytime! THINK ABOUT IT!

Muck
05-01-2002, 02:48 PM
You guys are so funny........it's like choosing between E. James and A-Train. Sure, A-Train had a great rookie season, but you'd have to take James.

James is certainly the better RB. But he's coming off a torn ACL. And for that reason, choice wouldn't be so cut and dry.

Muck
05-01-2002, 02:56 PM
As for my choice, I'd have to go with Chambers. He's 5 years younger and had more than twice the rookie season that Moulds had. Plus, his contract is peanuts compared to Moulds'.

FYI - I don't agree with those who say Moulds isn't that good a WR. He's awesome. Top 10. Far more complete than Chambers at this point. Better than anyone Bledsoe's ever thrown to.

dolphan39
05-01-2002, 04:25 PM
to throw Billsfan a bone, if Chambers were on the Jets, I'd take Moulds in a second :evil:

Marino1983
05-01-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by phins054
Chambers over Moulds...Less money up front HUGE potential.

Billsfan...You should have more sense than to ask a silly question like that here...But I guess thats why you are a bills fan...Can't get enough beat downs...:D You saved me from wasting time posting to this Dip wad ...:D :lol: Marino1983

VanDolPhan
05-01-2002, 05:25 PM
Sorry but it's Chambers. No offense to Moulds but Chambers is something special. Chambers lead the team in recieving yards as a 3rd WR in a Chan Gailey offense and managed to lead the league in average yards per reception. Moulds only had 21 more yards then Chambers on what....19 less catches? Chambers is more of the deep threat and is still growing.

Chambers will be starting this year with Norv Turner as his offensive coordinator and Ricky Williams as his running back. That means teams have to honestly play the run and with our other WR's doubling up CC isn't going to be something teams can often do or one of our other WR's will burn you bad.

Although I would love to have Moulds and CC both! Man that combo would be almost as scary as the Duper/Clayton combo.

Billsfan, you asked for objectivity and now we ask the same from you. I lived in Bills territory. I have been to dolphins games in Buffalo sitting on those stupid freaking aluminum benches in the dread of winter and 3 comforters. I have been watching the Bills play for just as long as the phins because in my family you are either a Bills fan or a Phins fan. So I have pretty decent knowledge of both teams and when I look at Moulds I would rather have him for the next 2 years over Chambers however after those 2 years I would want Chambers.

Also you based your question on the Houston Texans. Casserly would go with Chambers in a heartbeat because he is the younger one and that is what Casserly is going with. Youth (remember no one over 30!).

iceblizzard69
05-01-2002, 06:28 PM
Right now, I would take Moulds, but Chambers is more worth his paycheck than Moulds is worth.

dolfan06
05-02-2002, 03:26 AM
hey billsfan, what happened to the 65% you were boasting!

FinaticalOne
05-02-2002, 10:32 AM
That's simple, I would pick Chris Chambers. You said I'm the GM of the EXAPANSION team Texans. Meaning, I will have to get other players to fill spots at all positions. I pick Chambers because he is young with a huge upside and will cost a helluva lot less to sign Moulds. Moulds is a very good receiver and seems to have his best games against the Fins only. Moulds will demand top dollar also, I wouldn't want to spend top dollar at the WR position for an expansion. If you ask me who is better right now, then I would say Moulds, FOR NOW!

You just asked the wrong question to serve your cause. ;)

IceStorm
05-02-2002, 03:21 PM
I know my opinion means squat here compared to everyone else, because I'm a rookie here. But I'd pick Chambers.

Now it's not because I bleed aqua and orange either. I'm looking at receiver A against receiver B

Chambers is younger, seemingly more willing and adept. And he's got more headroom in the salary department plus has a longer shelf life left in the NFL.

All things being equal, with no names used, even a Bills fan (do they still admit that in public?) would have to agree.

:eat:

Bodzilla29
05-02-2002, 03:22 PM
I think a lot of people on this board are blinded by loyalty. Moulds is without a question the better of the 2 WRs right now. He is a game breaker, has speed, and can be a possesion WR, he has it all.

When you are the only WR on the team you SHOULD BE DEMANDING THE BALL! He didn't have anybody throwing him the ball either.

Is he worth the money he is being paid? Well, is Sam Madison worth what he gets? I believe he is, and I also think that Moulds is worth what he is getting.

People say they would prefer Chambers because he is younger and costs less. But I know ask you all this, based on that logic you would have to pick Nate Clements over Sam Madison. Younger, cheaper, and has shown great ability on a limited basis.

dolfan06
05-02-2002, 03:30 PM
I think a lot of people on this board are blinded by loyalty. Moulds is without a question the better of the 2 WRs right now. He is a game breaker, has speed, and can be a possesion WR, he has it all. CC definately didn't hurt last year and my gut feeling is he's gonna get better. try "comparing" moulds rookie year "compared" to CC's, no "comparison!" lol

Billsfan
05-02-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Bodzilla29
I think a lot of people on this board are blinded by loyalty. Moulds is without a question the better of the 2 WRs right now. He is a game breaker, has speed, and can be a possesion WR, he has it all.

When you are the only WR on the team you SHOULD BE DEMANDING THE BALL! He didn't have anybody throwing him the ball either.

Is he worth the money he is being paid? Well, is Sam Madison worth what he gets? I believe he is, and I also think that Moulds is worth what he is getting.

People say they would prefer Chambers because he is younger and costs less. But I know ask you all this, based on that logic you would have to pick Nate Clements over Sam Madison. Younger, cheaper, and has shown great ability on a limited basis.

Thank you Bod, that’s a wonderful comparison. Clements had a wonderful rookie season, but he could take a big fat dump next season. I would take Madison over him in a second.

Bodzilla29
05-02-2002, 03:54 PM
06......rookie seasons are no even close, but the question at hand has to do with both players abilities and refined skills at the current moment.

IceStorm
05-02-2002, 04:19 PM
Well we can always look at the possibilities. Any time you sign a player, it's in "hopes" he plays well. We've all seen players get signed for huge dollars (Hello Mr. Randy Moss) and then have a crappy year.

So saying one is better then the other, for this upcoming year, is rather pointless. However, I do hope Chambers is better.

So sue me, I'm biased.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Indiana!

dolfan06
05-02-2002, 04:20 PM
i like to look to the future!

dolfan06
05-02-2002, 04:21 PM
btw, who was talking about clements?

iceblizzard69
05-02-2002, 04:42 PM
Madison makes plays all the time, and is worth what he makes. Moulds isn't worth 7 million a year, which is around what he makes. I think the Bills fans overrate Clements.

Bodzilla29
05-02-2002, 05:36 PM
Madison and Moulds make roughly the same, and they both make big plays. Moulds is a huge playmaker who had limited playes last year because he didn't have an NFL caliber QB throwing him the ball. How many more times does Moulds have to put up almost 200 friggin yards against us before somebody will admit he is good? Our secondary, in my opinion, is second to none and he torches us on the regular.

Ice, I could care less how Bills fans rate Clements, but the fact of the matter is, the kid CAN PLAY. I don't go by how other team's fans rate players, I go by what I know and see, and I saw Clements make a lot of plays last year as a rookie. He made probobly more plays than Sam last year.

RIGHT NOW, Madison is better than Clements and Moulds is better than Chambers. Funny how you wont takle Moulds over Chambers for whatever reasons, but you wont take Clements over Madsion for the exact opposite reasons as the WRs.

Too many people looking through rose-colored glasses around here.

If you have logic people, stick to one argument, you can't state one reason and then contradict yourself, if you do, you lose all your credibility in my eyes.

If contracts weren't a factor, Moulds HAS to be the choice RIGHT NOW. After the season the answer might be, and hopefully will be.....Chambers, but for now you are just looking foolish picking Chambers.

phins054
05-02-2002, 06:10 PM
Lighten up Bod...I think if we stick to the basics of Billsfan's question..( he is probably laughing his A$$ off right now with having whipped up a nice little Sh*t storm)...As the GM of the HOUSTON TEXANS...who do you take??? Most of us say Chambers due to youth and $$$ and potential. Yes Moulds has skills....yes he racks up huge #'s off the 2 games a year against us....But based on the BASICS of the question asked...I would take Chambers...If WE needed another WR and he was available and would NOT put us in cap hell...then YES resoundingly i say we try to get him...As far as Clements goes...I regretably do not have an informed opinion on him(havent seen him play much).

phins054
05-02-2002, 06:11 PM
Now with that said.....

Can't we all just get along?!? :D

Bodzilla29
05-02-2002, 06:15 PM
OK, based on the original question, I would pick Chambers. But a lot of people here took it a step farther and lightly degraded Moulds' game, which is wrong. He is an elite WR and because he is a Bill he gets no respect here.

For the record, I hate Moulds, with a passion, but the dude can FLAT OUT PLAY. That is my beef, you have to call it like you see it, and I don't see to much of that in this particular thread.

phins054
05-02-2002, 06:25 PM
Hello.....he is a BILL...Of course he's going to get slammed on this site...He get slammed just as bad if he were a Jets too. Thats what rivalrys are about....But honestly I know he has skills...his only flaw is that he plays in Barfalo...

IceStorm
05-02-2002, 08:15 PM
Ice, I could care less how Bills fans rate Clements, but the fact of the matter is, the kid CAN PLAY. I don't go by how other team's fans rate players, I go by what I know and see, and I saw Clements make a lot of plays last year as a rookie. He made probobly more plays than Sam last year.
RIGHT NOW, Madison is better than Clements and Moulds is better than Chambers. Funny how you wont takle Moulds over Chambers for whatever reasons, but you wont take Clements over Madsion for the exact opposite reasons as the WRs.
If you have logic people, stick to one argument, you can't state one reason and then contradict yourself, if you do, you lose all your credibility in my eyes. After the season the answer might be, and hopefully will be.....Chambers, but for now you are just looking foolish picking Chambers.

Huh? I think you've got the wrong person. I don't even know who this clements is.
You may want to go back and re-read who said what.

iceblizzard69
05-02-2002, 09:17 PM
Clements is not as good a CB as Chambers is a WR.

Marino1983
05-02-2002, 09:36 PM
One thing that I do not think you understand Bodzilla29, is that M-B's are discussion from people with different opinions !! Most of your posts lately express your opinion of a certain subject thread (which is cool) but when another Dolphin fan posts a differing veiw,, your reposts reek of indignation and sarcasm ,,, what's up with that ?? Just because you feel that Moulds is a better wr than Chambers, who are you to question someone who feels differently ?? Just because you like to kiss some of these jILLY BOP fans A**,, does not mean that we all have to follow your example... Lighten up pal,, we are all Dolphin fans with different opinions about who, how, and what direction this team is heading for ! But one thing all of us Dolphin FANS that are regulars on this site want !!!!!!!!!!! A CHAMPIONSHIP !:D :p :lol: :lol: Marino1983

Bodzilla29
05-02-2002, 09:52 PM
IceStorm, I was referring to Iceblizzard....sorry dude

Marino, I'll try and be more objective in my posts....

IceStorm
05-02-2002, 10:57 PM
IceStorm, I was referring to Iceblizzard....sorry dude

Marino, I'll try and be more objective in my posts....

Cheers mate! :lol:

THATHURMANATOR
05-02-2002, 11:22 PM
I do think that Chambers will be very good but there is no question Moulds should be everyones choice at this point. How old do you think Moulds is anyways?? You are all talking about Chambers cuz he is young but moulds is only 28 yrs old and in his prime.

THATHURMANATOR
05-02-2002, 11:26 PM
"Billsfan, you asked for objectivity and now we ask the same from you. I lived in Bills territory. I have been to dolphins games in Buffalo sitting on those stupid freaking aluminum benches in the dread of winter and 3 comforters. I have been watching the Bills play for just as long as the phins because in my family you are either a Bills fan or a Phins fan. So I have pretty decent knowledge of both teams and when I look at Moulds I would rather have him for the next 2 years over Chambers however after those 2 years I would want Chambers"

So your one of those tools in the pretty teal outfits in our stands!!!! No questions Chambers is going to be sweet. Its hard to say either way at this point. Right now you take Moulds who BTW is something special. Down the line, possibly even this year Chambers may be that same guy but with DUMBO throwing to him it will be tough!!!

THATHURMANATOR
05-02-2002, 11:30 PM
"Huh? I think you've got the wrong person. I don't even know who this clements is."

Typical of a Phins fan to not even know who one of the best young cornerbacks in the league is.

fin fan 808
05-03-2002, 01:52 AM
FOR ONE ERIC MOULDS SUCKED THE PASS THREE YEARS
CHRIS CHAMBERS ON THE OTHER HAND PLAYED ONE YEAR AND HAD A BETTER FIRST THAN MR. MOULDS COMPARE

MOULDS ROOKIE YEAR 20REC 279YDS 2TDS
VS.
CHAMBERS ROOKIE YEAR 48REC 883YDS 7TDS (NOT TO MENTION2VS. THE JILLS

SO AS I SEE IT CHAMBERS IS BY FAR THE PICK I WOULD TAKE

HAVE A NICE DAY !!!!! ( BILL, JETS & PATS ALL SUCK A$$$)..

IceStorm
05-03-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
"Huh? I think you've got the wrong person. I don't even know who this clements is."

Typical of a Phins fan to not even know who one of the best young cornerbacks in the league is.

Have you been a dumbass your whole life or is this a new development? haha (joke)

Anyway, from your "typical of a phins fan" comment....I'll say this in response and hopefully this will end here.

READ THE WHOLE MESSAGE. Maybe you can't tell of the sarcasm within the original joke itself.
Typical of a bills fan to not even know a joke when it pops up. haha See, its a joke. Relax and have fun. It's only a game until someone loses an eye.

THATHURMANATOR
05-03-2002, 02:54 PM
"Typical of a bills fan to not even know a joke when it pops up. haha See, its a joke. Relax and have fun. It's only a game until someone loses an eye."

Now that is a true statement!!! LOL Us New Yorkers can tend to be a little high strung at times!!!!!!!!!!

dolfan87
05-03-2002, 03:13 PM
I just want to say one thing. Smile.

lordofgun
05-03-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Clements is not as good a CB as Chambers is a WR.

Fiedler is not as good a QB as Burger King is a Restaurant.

Finsfan58
05-03-2002, 03:25 PM
Lord- what r u talkin bout?

Sorry fins bros - I think Moulds is going to have a big year w/ Bledsoe!

lordofgun
05-03-2002, 03:27 PM
I was pointing out the fact that iceblizzard's statement made no sense.

iceblizzard69
05-03-2002, 04:03 PM
Clements will be an average CB in the NFL.

THATHURMANATOR
05-03-2002, 04:05 PM
Don't be silly Blizz. In his rookie year he was an emerging star!!!!

Finsfan58
05-03-2002, 05:27 PM
Thurm -

U trying to be bed buddies w/ lord over there or what? Down boy!

Finsfan58
05-03-2002, 05:30 PM
Lord -

What's wrong w/ this site? It's not the number of members! It's the # of quality posts! Posts like the useless dribble of "Bledsoe rules" & "the fins suck" shouldn't be counted as valid posts!

Marino1983
05-03-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by IceStorm

Have you been a dumbass your whole life or is this a new development? haha (joke)

Anyway, from your "typical of a phins fan" comment....I'll say this in response and hopefully this will end here.

READ THE WHOLE MESSAGE. Maybe you can't tell of the sarcasm within the original joke itself.
Typical of a bills fan to not even know a joke when it pops up. haha See, its a joke. Relax and have fun. It's only a game until someone loses an eye. They have been this way all their worthless lives !!! And until they reach puberty, there is absolutely NO hope ..:cry: Marino1983

THATHURMANATOR
05-03-2002, 06:45 PM
"They have been this way all their worthless lives !!! And until they reach puberty, there is absolutely NO hope .. Marino1983"

You are the man!!!! Still nothing but name calling though!!!!

IceStorm
05-03-2002, 07:05 PM
Maybe it's me, but can someone explain to me why a Bills fan would frequent a Dolphin message forum? I'm not trying to be mean or sarcastic either.

I can honestly say I've never EVER been to a Bills forum. So if you're not a Dolphin fan, why are you here? Unless you're attempting to start trouble, or are being mature enough to discuss the difference of the teams and speaking about the upcoming season.

Marino1983
05-03-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
"They have been this way all their worthless lives !!! And until they reach puberty, there is absolutely NO hope .. Marino1983"

You are the man!!!! Still nothing but name calling though!!!! You and your little girlfriends have added NOTHING football related to this M-B ! You seem like the type of jerk that likes to log onto to rival web sites and try to cause problems . And then sits back and posts these little sentences of innocence :cry: , I could care less what you think about me or my postings son, and when you start to push your little ego and try to intimidate --you get what you give !! If you want to have an adult conversation about the Bills and the Dolphins,, then start acting like an adult. Until then flame - is all you will EVER get from me sonny !! :monkey: on your jILLY BOBS Marino1983

Capt. Dick
05-03-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by IceStorm
Maybe it's me, but can someone explain to me why a Bills fan would frequent a Dolphin message forum? I'm not trying to be mean or sarcastic either.

I can honestly say I've never EVER been to a Bills forum. So if you're not a Dolphin fan, why are you here? Unless you're attempting to start trouble, or are being mature enough to discuss the difference of the teams and speaking about the upcoming season.

I guess at 3 and 13 they run out of things to talk about over there.